RRC West Central Railway Recruitment 2013 Against Ex-Servicemen Quota
West Central Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Nehru Railway Colony, Howbagh,
Website : www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in
RRC West Central Railway Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota in PB – I Pay Band of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of 1800 ( Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Posts ).
West Central Railway 2013 applications are invited from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for filling up the following vacancies in pay band – 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade pay of 1800 ( Erstwhile Group ‘D’ ) in West Central Railway.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Pay Band & GP ( In )||No. of Vacancies||Stages of Examination|
|01.||Gangman, Helper, Safaiwala, Parcel Porter, Station Porter, Pointsman, Store Khalasi, Office Peon, Hospital Attendant. etc.||5200 - 20200 with GP 1800/-||590||Verification of Documents and Medical Test|
The last date of receipt of applications is up to the 18.00 hrs of 02.09.2013. In the case of residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep the closing date shall be 16.09.2013.
Note : While there are no posts exclusively reserved for SC / ST / OBC communities, Ex-Servicemen belonging to these communities will be adjusted against the SC / ST / OBC vacancies in the respective categories.
1. Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
The term Ex-Servicemen means a person :
- who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non-combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces and who has retired from such services after earning his / her pension or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his / her control and awarded military service or other disability pension or
- who has been released otherwise than on his / her own request as a result of reduction in such establishment or
- the person serving in the Armed Force of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex-serviceman, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-Servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed forces of the Union. Such service Personnel who are likely to be discharged from military service on or before 02.09.2013 ( closing date ) are eligible to apply against this employment notice.
2. RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 Eligibility Criteria :
Ex-Serviceman who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class – I certificate or equivalent are eligible to apply, provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Government Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-Servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of RRC West Central Railway recruitment. Sons / Daughters / Wards of Ex-Servicemen are not eligible to apply for the post reserved for ExServicemen.
3. Age Limit for RRC West Central Railway Ex-Servicemen
Age as on 01.06.2013 :
- For UR candidates : 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For SC / ST candidates : 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For OBC candidates : 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
4. RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 Exam Fee : There is no examination fee.
5. RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 Selection Procedure :
The names of eligible candidates will be arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total length of military service and ex-Servicemen over and above 20% of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. After verification of document a final panel will be prepared from this list. Allotment of post will be done on the basis of merit-cum-medical fitness-cum-choice of the candidate. Post once allotted will not be changed on any account. There will be no written examination / interview or Physical Efficiency Test.
6. RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 Medical Examination :
The candidate selected will be subjected to medical examination as per medical classification mentioned against the post allotted as per merit. Only those candidates who are medically fit would be offered appointment.
7. RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 Application :
Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the format given below.
RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 applications should be made on good quality A – 4 size ( 210mm x 297mm ) white paper using one side only. Applications in any other format will be rejected. The applications should be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting either in English or in Hindi and not in any other language.
8. Whom to Apply for RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 :
The filled-in applications along with the required documents should be addressed to :
“Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
Railway Recruitment Cell,
West Central Railway, RB-III/ 422/1-2,
Nehru Railway Colony, Howbagh,
The application should be sent by ordinary post so as to reach this office before the closing date, or should be dropped in the box provided at the Railway Recruitment Cell / Jabalpur situated at above address on or before closing date on working days during working hours. No acknowledgement will be given for the applications sent through registered post or courier. No application will be received after the closing date and time i.e.18.00 hrs of 02.09.2013. The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed on top – “Employment Notice No. WCR/RRC/ExSM/Rcctt/01/2013, Recruitment in Group D against Ex-Servicemen Quota”.
Applications received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
9. General Instructions :
- RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 vacancies shown are provisional and are liable to be increased or decreased.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in West Central Railway.
- Before applying for the post, candidate should ensure that he fulfils the eligibility criteria.
- Some of the notified posts require hard manual labour & night patrolling in all seasons. Therefore, candidates are advised to get themselves acquainted with the nature of job before applying. Any request for change in the allotted post later on will not be entertained.
- RRC WCR Ex-Servicemen 2013 applications of candidates not fulfilling the requisite criteria are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment and if appointed erroneously, their services are liable to be terminated.
- Railway Administration can cancel, modify entire recruitment process or any part of it, as deemed fit, without assigning to any reasons thereof.
10. Jurisdiction of Legal Dispute :
For any legal dispute, the jurisdiction will be at Central Administrative Tribunal, Jabalpur, only.
11. In case of any difference, English version of the employment notice will be treated as valid.
12. Railway Recruitment Cell’s Decision Final :
The decision of RRC / WCR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, allotment of post / places to selected candidates, and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
13. Warning :
Candidates who submit forge documents / certificates for securing eligibility and / or obtaining privilege, shall be liable not only for rejection of his / her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he / she has applied, but shall be debarred from any such future recruitment conducted by any Zonal Railway / RRC / RRB all over the country for whole life.