RRC Special Recruitment Drive 2016 for Persons with Disabilities – RRC PWD Group D Application
Government of India,
Ministry of Railways,
Railway Recruitment Cells,
Website : www.rrcnr.org.
Special Recruitment Drive for Persons with Disabilities for erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts.
|Date of Publication : 01.01.2016
Date & Time of Closing : At 17.00 hrs. on 31.01.2016
Date of Online Examination : Between 15th – 28th February, 2016 ( Approx. )
Salient Features : Online applications are invited from eligible Persons with Disabilities ( PWDs ) of Indian Nationality for the erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts in PB – 1, Grade Pay 1800/-. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only online to the concerned Railway Recruitment Cell as mentioned in Para – 15 of General Instructions till 17.00 hrs. of closing date.
- Candidates should note and take cognizance of the fact that this is a Centralised Employment Notification ( CEN ) for special recruitment drive to fill up backlog vacancies against the quota for Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) and RRC / N.Rly. has been nominated as nodal RRC for submission of online applications and conduct of examination. Candidates can submit their applications online to any one of the RRCs only, while visiting website of RRC / NR ( Nodal RRC ) or by visiting website ( link provided ) of anyone of the 15 other RRCs of Indian Railway.
- After written examination, result of the candidates will be prepared RRC wise ( based on their vacancies ) and will be sent to respective RRCs. Therefore, their selection in this examination will be subject to number of vacancies advertised by that RRC concerned.
- After results are declared, documents verification and medical examination of the candidates will be held in their opted RRC, if they are shortlisted as per cut off marks / merit of their opted RRC.
- Candidates must note that no centralized merit list will be formed. Once again it is clarified that candidates selection will depend upon the RRC he / she has chosen / opted in the Online Application and will be confined to the number of vacancies notified by that RRC only, in their respective PH category.
- Any query subsequent to written examination, be it may for RTI or for any other aspect, will be handled by the respective RRCs, which has been chosen / opted by the candidate.
- During submission of online application, a Registration Number will be issued to each application. Candidates are advised to preserve / note their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process / correspondence with RRC concerned.
- Note – I : To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability / failure to log on to the website of RRC concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days.
- Note – II : RRCs do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
- Candidates are advised that no separate advance notice for date of Online Examination shall be issued to them. So, they should prepare themselves for this examination accordingly.
- Helpline Desk Telephone Nos. will be available on the Home Page of SRDPH Link shortly.
9. Details of the RRC-wise Vacancies, is Indicated Below :
|S.No.||Erstwhile Group ‘D’||PB : 5200 - 20200 + 1800 GP|
|Name of RRC||Rly.||OH||VH||HH||Total||Minimum Educational Qualification||Stage of exam|
|1.||Mumbai||WR||-||24||93||117||10th or its equivalent examination ( for details please refer to Para 3 of this CEN ).||Single stage online exam, documents verification and medical examination. Please refer to Para 5(B) & 9 of this CEN.|
Note : The number of vacancies indicated in this Centralised Employment Notice is provisional and may increase or decrease or even become Nil depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. The Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all.
Abbreviations Used : CR = Central Railway, ER – Eastern Railway, ERC = East Central Railway, ECoR = East Coast Railway, NR = Northern Railway, NCR = North Central Railway, NER = North Eastern Railway, NFR = Northeast Frontier Railway, NWR = North Western Railway, RDSO = Research Design and Standards Organisation, Lucknow, Rly. = Railway, RRC = Railway Recruitment Cell, SR = Southern Railway, SCR = South Central Railway, SER = South Easter Railway, SECR = South East Central Railway, SWR = South Western Railway, WR = Western Railway, WCR = West Central Railway. B = Blind, BL = Both Leg, EBC = Economically Backward Class, EN = Employment Notice, Ex.SM = Ex-serviceman, GP = Grade Pay, HH = Hearing Handicapped, LV = Low Vision, MW = Muscular Weakness, NOC = No Objection Certificate, OA = One Arm, OAL = One Arm & One Leg, OMR = Optical Mark Reader Answer Sheet, OBC = Other Backward Classes, OH = Orthopedically Handicapped, OL = One Leg, PWD = Person with Disabilities, SC = Scheduled Caste, ST = Scheduled Tribe, SRD = Special Recruitment Drive, UR = Unreserved ( General ), VH = Visually Handicapped.
1.A. General Instructions for RRC PWD Group D Jobs 2016 :
- Candidates should note that :
- Admission to the online examination will be purely provisional, subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Mere issue of call letter / e-admit card to candidates will not imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRC.
- RRCs conduct verification of eligibility conditions, with reference to original documents, only after candidates have qualified in all the stages of examination. RRCs may reject the applications of candidates at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidates are not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such candidate(s) is / are liable to be removed from service summarily.
- Before applying for any post, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility norms including type of disability ( Para 11 ) and Educational Qualification(s) ( refer Para 3.0 ).
- Candidates should ensure that they have requisite Educational Qualification from recognised Board / University / Institute as on the date of submission of the application for this Centralised Employment Notice. Those awaiting results of the final examination ( 2015 – 16 ) need not apply.
- Candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRC examinations or candidates who have been debarred for a specified period, which is not yet completed, need not apply in response to this Centralised Employment Notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Candidates submitting more than one application with different particulars like Name / Father’s name / Community / Photo ( face ) / educational and / or technical qualification etc. all such applications will be summarily rejected.
- Signature of the candidates during the recruitment process on prescribed places, as applicable, should be identical, either in English or Hindi and must be in running hand and not in block / capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style or language, at the time of online examination and documents verification etc. may result in cancellation of candidature.
- Candidate should note that only the Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in Matriculation / High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the RRCs.
Note : In case candidate has changed his name then gazette notification or any other legal document as applicable should be submitted at the time of documents verification. Such candidates should indicate their changed name in the application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or equivalent certificate.
- Selection by RRC does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in the Railways.
- Ordinarily, a railway servant shall be employed throughout his service on the railway or railway establishment to which he/she is posted on first appointment and shall have no claim as of right for transfer to another railway or another establishment. In the exigencies of service, however, it shall be open to the competent authority to transfer the railway servant to any other department or railway or railway establishment including a project in or out of India.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the Pay Band plus Grade Pay plus other allowances as admissible at that time.
- Female PWD candidates are also eligible for all the posts. However, it may be noted that some categories involve duties which are arduous in nature and call for working in shifts at odd hours, at road side stations and also away from headquarters.
- Serving Defence Personnel ( PWD ) likely to be released within one year of the closing date ( I.e. up to 31.12.2016 ) can also apply.
- Any subsequent change(s) in the terms and conditions of this Centralised Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. RRCs reserve the right to incorporate any subsequent changes / modifications / additions in the terms & conditions to recruitment under this Centralised Employment Notice as necessitated and applicable.
1.B. Reservation : Since the persons with disabilities have to be placed in the appropriate community viz. SC / ST / OBC / General in the roster meant for reservation of SC / ST / OBC the candidates have to indicate whether they belong to SC / ST / OBC or General Community while submitting online application.
Note 1 : SC / ST / OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the format given at Annexure – 3 ( for SC / ST candidates ) and Annexure – 4 ( for OBC candidates ) at the time of Document Verification. Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specifically Indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons / Sections ( creamy layer ) mentioned in Columns of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M NO.36012/22/93-Estt. ( SCT ) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt (Res) dated 09.03.04, further revision if any received till the closing date of this Centralised Employment Notice. The certificate produced shall not be older than one year.
Note II : If any vacancies which reserved for PWD cannot be filled due to non-availability of suitable candidates under that category of Disability or for any other sufficient reason such vacancy / vacancies shall not be filled.
2. Age Limit for RRC PWD Group D Posts 2016 : The lower and upper age limit indicated for a particular post(s) in the vacancy table will be reckoned as on 01.01.2016. The upper age limit is relaxable as under :
- By 10 years for persons with disabilities ( PWD ) ( 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST ).
- For Ex-servicemen with disabilities, up to the extent of service rendered in Defence, plus 3 years, provided they have put more than 6 months service after attestation.
Sr.No. Age Group Upper Date of Birth Lower Date of Birth for all Remarks UR OBC SC / ST 1. 18 - 42 Years**
01.01.1974 01.01.1971 01.01.1969 01.01.1998 For categories listed in Para 2.01 to 2.03, age relaxation as indicated will be applicable.
** ( including 10 years relaxation available for PWD candidates ).
3. RRC PWD Group D Educational Qualification 2016 : Candidates should have requisite Educational of 10th passed or ITI equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate ( NAC ) granted by NCVT on the date of submission of the online application for this Centralized Employment Notice. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply.
4. RRC PWD Group D Examination Fee 2016 : Nil.