RRC Special Recruitment Drive 2016 Application Form for PWD – RRC PWD Group D Jobs
5. How to Apply for RRC PWD Group D Vacancies 2016 :
- Candidates are required to go to the RRC / NR website www.rrcnr.org provided for filling online application and fill up the personal details / bio-data etc. carefully.
Note I : Candidates should ensure that their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth should exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during Document Verification will lead to cancellation of candidature and also to debarment. ( Please refer Para 1.06 Note also ).
Note II : Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the online application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process as all important messages will be sent by email / SMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- Photograph : Candidates are required to upload their colour photograph ( size 3.5cmx3.5cm, not earlier than three months from the date of application in colour, JPG / JPEG format, 100 DPI, size of the file should be between 20 kb – 50 kb ) with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses. Candidates may note that RRCs may, at any stage, reject the applications for uploading old / unclear photograph or for any significant variations between photograph uploaded in the Application Form and the actual physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph ready with them for bringing along with Hall Ticket / e-admit Card and valid Photo ID at the time of examination ( Refer to Para 7.04 ). Photostat copy of photograph is not permitted.
- Candidates need not send any application printouts or certificates or copies to RRC concerned by post. The candidature of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the online application.
- During submission of online application, a Registration Number will be issued to each application. Candidates are advised to preserve / note their Registration Number of further stages of recruitment process / correspondence with RRC concerned.
Note I : To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability / failure to log on to the website of RRC concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days.
Note II : RRCs do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
6. RRC PWD Group D Recruitment Process 2016 : The recruitment process for the post(s) notified in this Centralized Employment Notification will have a online examination followed by documents verification and medical examination of shortlisted candidates. The Railway Recruitment Cell at its discretion may hold additional online test(s) if considered necessary, for all or for a limited number of candidates, as may be deemed fit by the Railway Recruitment Cell. The date time and venue of the online examination will be fixed by the RRC. Request of postponement of the examination / change of centre / venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Selection is made strictly according to merit on the basis of online examinations for the vacancies notified by each RRC. Therefore, cut off may vary amongst RRCs.
- The Question papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- The standard of questions for the online examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts. Question will be objective in nature with aim to assess General Knowledge / Awareness, Mathematics and Reasoning etc. The question paper will have 100 questions.
- There shall be negative marking in online examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer@1 / 3rd of the marks allotted for each question.
- Duration : Duration of the examinations will be 90 minutes. Extra time of 30 minutes shall be allowed to the VH candidates, where scribe is allowed.
Note 1 : Candidates are not permitted to use calculators and any other electronic gadgets. They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Premises. If any candidates is found to possess mobile phone, Blue-tooth or any other means of wireless communication in working or switched off mode, his / her candidature shall be cancelled forthwith and he / she will be debarred from RRC examinations.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration and final verification of certificates on prescribed proforma, educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents / character of the candidates.
7. RRC PWD Group D Medical Fitness Test 2016 : Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post.
8. Ex-servicemen Candidates : Persons with disabilities ex-serviceman may also apply for which they will be granted age relaxation add fee exemption as indicated in Para 2 & 4 respectively.
- The term “Ex-servicemen” means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a Combatant or non-combatant ) in the regular Army. Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps the General Reserve Engineering Force the Lok Sahayak sena and the Para Military forces and
- Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension or
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributed to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or
- Who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment or
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement otherwise than on his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or in-efficiency and has been given a gratuity and includes persons of the Territorial Army of the following categories : (a) person holders for continuous embodied service (b) pensioners with disabilities attributable to military service and (c) gallantry award winner.
- Explanation : The persons serving in the Armed Forces the union who on retirement from service would come under the category of ex-servicemen may be permitted to apply for reemployment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concession available Ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specific terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the union. Ex-Servicemen permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in group ‘c/d’ under Central Government. However such Govt jobs However if an Ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment he / she can avail the benefit of reservation as Ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment However to avail of this benefit an Ex-serviceman as soon as he / she joins any civil employment should give self declaration / undertaking to the concerned employer about the date wise details of application for various vacancies for which he / she had applied before joining the initial civil employment. Further this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies which are failed on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the Ex-servicemen.
- Ex-servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the online Application and produce all documentary proofs including Community certificates in the prescribed format during document verification.
9. Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
- Definitions of Disabilities :Definitions of categories of disabilities for the purpose of recruitment are given below :
- Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely : (i) total absence of sight: or (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses; (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Low Vision : ”Peron with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning ever after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- Hearing Impairment : ”Hearing impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- Loco Motor Disability : ”Loco Motor disability” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy : ”Cerebral Palsy” means a group of non-progressive condition of a person characterized by abnormal monitor comply posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, per-natal or infant period of development.
- All the cases of orthopedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of “loco Motor disability or cerebral palsy.”
- Degree of disability for relaxation and competent authority for issue of disability certificate : Only such persons would be eligible for relaxation of conditions in respective community in services / post who suffer from not less than 40 percent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of relaxation will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority as per proforma at Annexure – 9 ( Form ii, iii or iv as applicable as prescribed in Para 4 of “persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights an Full participation ) Amendment Rules 2009” ) at the time of document verification.
- Assistance of Scribe :Visually Handicapped candidates / candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral palsy / candidates with one arm / candidates with muscular weakness can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe’ candidates will have to indicate the same while filling RRC PWD Group D online form. Engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions :
- The candidates will have to arrange their own scribes on their own cost for the online examination.
- Separate Admit Cards / e-Admit Cards will be issued to scribes accompanying the candidates.
- The candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of the scribe brought by him / her.
- Candidates opting for scribe will have to provide additional details as per Annexure – 10 during submission of RRC PWD Group D online application form, so that RRCs can issue Admit Cards / e-Admit Cards for scribe. Admit cards / e-Admit Cards of scribe shall be signed by candidate and scribe.
10. Serving Employees : Persons with Disabilities serving in any Central / State Government Department including Railways or Public Sector undertakings may also apply, duly informing their administration. The shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce no objection certificate ( NOC ) from the employer during Document Verification failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Note : Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the RRC concerned withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their application / candidature will be liable to the rejected / cancelled.
11. Last Date for Receipt of RRC PWD Group D Applications 2016 : The online application, complete in all respect, can be submitted through online process to RRC concerned up to 31.01.2016 till 17.00 hrs. No physical copy of the application is required to be sent to RRC. Even if it is received, no cognizance will be given to it.
12. Same Day Examination for RRC PWD Group D Jobs 2016 : Most probably RRC PWD Group D Online examination will be held on the same day for all participating RRCs or will be held alphabetically on multiple dates.
13. Negative Marking : There shall be penalty ( Negative marking ) in RRC PWD Group D online examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question.