RRC South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 Against Cultural Quota
South Western Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
2nd Floor, GM’s Office Building,
Club Road, S.W.Railway,
Hubli – 580 023.
Website : www.rrchubli.in.
Date of Issue for RRC SWR 2015 : 30.10.2015.
Date & Time of Closing of RRC SWR 2015 : 18.00 hrs. of 29.11.2015.
Recruitment against Cultural Quota in pay band 5200 – 20200 with grade pay 1900/- on south western railway.
1. RRC South Western Railway Applications are invited from eligible candidates in the prescribed format for recruitment in Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200 with Grade pay 1900/- against Cultural Quota in the following disciplines for the year 2015 – 16.
|Sl. No.||Discipline||No. of Posts|
|1.||Indian Classical Dance||01|
|2.||Classical Instrument – Violin ( Carnatic style )||01|
2. RRC SWR Cultural Quota Educational and Professional Qualifications 2015 :
2.1 RRC SWR Cultural Quota Essential Minimum Prescribed Qualification 2015 : Passed 12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. 50% marks is not insisted upon in the case of SC / ST / Ex.Servicemen / Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ) candidates. 50% marks is also not insisted upon in the case of candidates who possess qualifications higher than the essential minimum prescribed qualification.
2.2 RRC SWR Cultural Quota Professional Qualification 2015 :
- Indian Classical Dance: Possession of Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Dance from Government recognized institute.
- Classical Instrument – Violin ( Carnatic Style ): Possession of Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Music from Government recognized institute.
2.3 RRC SWR Cultural Quota Desirable Qualification 2015 :
- Experience in the field and performance given on AIR / Doordarshan etc.
- Prizes won at National level.
3. Age Limit and Relaxation for RRC SWR Cultural Quota 2015 :
3.1 The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 29 years as on 01.01.2016 i.e. must have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1987 and not later than 01.01.1998.
3.2 The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st Day of December, 1989. The persons claiming relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate to this effect from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Serving Railway employees who have put in 03 years continuous service in the Railways will be eligible for age relaxation upto the upper age limit of 40 years in the case of General Category Candidates, 45 years in the case of SC / ST category candidates and 43 years in the case of OBC category Candidates.
- The staff of Quasi-Administrative offices or organisations such as Railway Consumer Co-operative Societies, Canteens and Institutes etc. will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of 05 years or service rendered in such organisation, whichever is less.
- The upper age limit in the case of Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried, shall be relaxed upto the age of 35 years. In such cases, there will be further relaxation upto the age of 38 years for Other Backward Community ( OBC ) candidates and upto 40 years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes ( SC / ST ) candidates.
- The upper age limit for Persons with disabilities ( PWDs ) is relaxable by 10 years irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for Persons with disability ( PWD ) candidates. In addition, the candidates belonging to SC / ST and OBC categories are eligible for normal relaxation of five and three years respectively.
- The upper age limit for Ex-Servicemen is relaxable upto the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
Note 1 : The candidates should note that, only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the administration and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 : The candidates should also note that, once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Administration for the purpose of admission to the examination, no change will be allowed subsequently on any grounds whatsoever.
4. RRC SWR Cultural Quota Examination Fee / Exemptions 2015 :
- The RRC SWR Cultural Quota examination fee for all candidates except those mentioned in para (ii) below : 100/- ( inclusive of postal expenses ).
- For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities ( PWDs ), Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes : Nil.
Note 3 : Minorities will mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ).
Note 4 : Economically Backward Classes will mean the candidates whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum. The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes :
- District Magistrate or any other revenue officer up to the level of Tahasildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL card or any other certificate issued by the central government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend to Chairman / RRBs / RRCs for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting members of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside. The income certificate issued by the authorities mentioned above would have to be on Annexure – III which is available on South Western Railway Website. This would have to be issued on the letter head of the issuing authority.
4.1 The RRC SWR Cultural Quota examination fee should be paid in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) only from any Post office drawn in favour of APO / Rectt. / SWR / UBL payable at Hubli.
- Remittance of RRC SWR Cultural Quota examination fee in any other form except Indian Postal Order will not be accepted.
- IPOs issued before the date of issue of Employment notice or after the closing date will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- The particulars of Indian Postal Order submitted as examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the application form.
- Candidates must write their name, full address at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
- The examination fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances.
5. How to Apply for RRC SWR Cultural Quota 2015 :
- Candidates should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notification before filling the application form.
- Application as per the format shall be submitted on A-4 size good quality paper. The application should be filled in English / Hindi language only. The applications submitted other than in English / Hindi languages will be rejected.
- The application should be filled by the candidate in his / her own handwriting and signed.
- The candidate has to affix / paste ( not to be pinned ) one recent passport size color photograph without cap & without coloured glasses ( not older than three months ), duly attested by signing partially on the application and partially on the photo in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also required to enclose one extra passport size photograph ( same as the one affixed / pasted on the application ) along with the application.
6. RRC SWR Cultural Quota Application Postal Address 2015 : Applications complete in all respects should be sent in a cover super scribed as “Application for Group ‘C’ post against Cultural Quota for the year 2015 – 16” and to be send to the following address :
The Assistant Personnel Officer / Recruitment,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
South Western Railway, 2nd Floor,
General Manager’s Office Building, Club Road,
Hubli – 580 023.
The RRC SWR Cultural Quota application should reach the Addressee on or before 29.11.2015. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spriti districts and Pangi subdivision of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and the candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by post will be 14.12.2015.
7. RRC SWR Cultural Quota Recruitment Process 2015 : The candidates who apply in response to notification issued and are found eligible for consideration for appointment against cultural quota will be assessed on the following basis :
A. RRC SWR Cultural Quota Written Test 2015 : 50 marks.
( Note : The written test will consist of objective type questions ) :
B. Assessment of talent in the relevant field on :
- The basis of practical demonstration : 35 Marks.
- Testimonials / Prizes etc. : 15 Marks.
- Total : 100 Marks.
8. General Conditions for RRC SWR Cultural Quota 2015 :
- Before applying to the post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility norms.
- The candidates serving in any Government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways should apply through proper channel or should apply directly with no objection certificate from the employer to avoid delay. Advance copy of the application from such candidates without ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer will not be entertained.
- RRC SWR Cultural Quota Medical Examination 2015 : The Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are Medically Fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Only those candidates who are Medically Fit would be empanelled for appointment.
- The applicant is liable to be appointed against any suitable post in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1900/- and anywhere on South Western Railway.
- Candidates will have to undergo prescribed training course as applicable for the post as per existing instructions.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the written test at short notice after the last date is over.
- The candidates are required to obtain caste certificates in the prescribed proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of verification. The candidature of the candidates submitting Caste Certificates issued by the authorities other than those authorised are liable to be disqualified. ( Format of Caste Certificate for SC / ST candidates in Annexure – I and OBC candidates in Annexure – II are available on the website of Railway Recruitment Cell, South Western Railway www.rrchubli.in ).