RRC South Central Railway General Departmental Competitive Exam 2015
South Central Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
1st floor,’C’ Block,
Secunderabad – 500 071.
Date of RRC South Central Railway GDCE Application Issue : 27.10.2015.
Closing Date for RRC South Central Railway GDCE Application : 26.11.2015.
Applications are invited through proper channel from serving regular railway employees of South Central Railway for filling up vacancies against General Departmental Competitive Examination ( GDCE ) quota. The community wise breakup of vacancies to be filled is indicated below :
|Cat No.||Name of the Post||Pay Band in||Grade Pay in||Number of Vacancies||Medical Standard||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|01||Assistant Station Master||5200 - 20200||2800||14||07||25||46||92||A - 2||A University degree or its equivalent.|
|02||Goods Guard||5200 - 20200||2800||11||06||21||38||76||A - 2||A University degree or its equivalent.|
|03||Ticket Examiners||5200 - 20200||1900||05||02||08||15||30*||B - 2||12th ( +2 stage ) or equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. 50% marks is not to be insisted upon in case of SC / ST.|
|*Out of 30 vacancies, 07 vacancies reserved for PH candidates i.e. 02 - VH ( LV ), 03 - HH & 02 - OH ( OL, OA, MW )|
|04||Tech Gr. II ( Signal )||5200 - 20200||2400||02||01||03||06||12||B - 1||Pass in 1st year of B.Sc. ( Physics ) or Pass in 10+2 stage in Higher Secondary in Science i.e. Math or Physics or its equivalent.|
|05||Tech Gr. III ( Signal )||5200 - 20200||1900||02||01||03||04||10||B - 1||i. Matriculation Plus ITI Plus Act Apprenticeship in Electrician / Electrical Fitter / Wireman / Electronics / Information Technology / TV & Radio / Instrumentation / Computer / Computer Networking / Data Networking Or
ii. 10+2 with Physics and Maths Or
iii. Three ( 03 ) year Diploma in Engineering in Electrical / Electronics / Microprocessor / TV Engineering / Fiber Optical Communication / Telecommunication / Communication / Sound & TV Engineering / Industrial Control / Electronics Instrumentation / Industrial Electronics / Applied Electronics / Digital Electronics / Power Electronics / information science / Information Technology / Computer Application / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Technology.
1. Age Limit for RRC South Central Railway GDCE Exam 2015 :
- The upper age limit will be 42 years for General candidates reckoned as on 01.01.2016.
- 45 years for OBC candidates.
- 47 years for SC / ST candidates.
- For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) – 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
2. How to Apply for RRC South Central Railway GDCE Exam 2015 :
- Candidates should submit the RRC South Central Railway GDCE Exam applications in the format annexed as Annexure – 1 to this Notification.
- The RRC SCR Railway GDCE Exam application should be on good quality A – 4 size bond paper ( 80 – GSM ) using one side only.
- Candidates should ensure that RRC SCR General Departmental Competitive Exam application on a single sheet conforms to the above specifications. They can also download the RRC South Central Railway GDCE application format from the website www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in and clicking on scrolling link “Railway Recruitment Cell Secunderabad” and “Notification”. Candidates using printed application form from any other source should also ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format.
- Candidate should fill up the RRC SCR Railway GDCE Exam application form in his / her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- Photographs : One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) colour passport size photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap, scarf and sun glasses should be pasted on the application form in the space provided. The candidate should sign in the space provided in the box below the photograph. One identical extra colour pass port size photograph should be enclosed with the application indicating candidates name and date of birth on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates should note that RRC may reject the candidature at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted on the application and actual physical appearance of the candidate.
- Candidates should tick ( ) mark their community in the appropriate box at column No.5 of the application. The candidates with Physical Disabilities shall tick ( ) mark in column No.7 of the application form.
- The candidate should fill the column no.8 of the RRC SCR General Departmental Competitive Exam application form in Capital letters in English only indicating his address with pin code, even though application is in Hindi. The candidates belonging to SC / ST community should fill the nearest Railway Station for the purpose of issuing free Railway Pass in column No.9.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community should produce a community certificate in the format given at Annexure 2 of RRC South Central Railway Notification.
- Candidates belonging to OBC community should produce a community certificate in the format given at Annexure 3 of RRC SCR General Departmental Competitive Exam notification. In addition, they should enclose self declaration of non-creamy layer status in the proforma given at Annexure 4.
- Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) should enclose the latest disability certificate as per the format given in Annexure 5.
- The candidates seeking age relaxation under any category as mentioned at Para 1 above shall tick ( ) in the appropriate box in the column No.10 of the application form.
- The candidates should copy the declaration at column No.14 of the application form in his / her own handwriting ( not in capital letters ). Otherwise their applications will be rejected.
- The candidates should put their left hand thumb impression at the designated box in the application form. The thumb impression must be clear and complete. Applications without / smudged left hand thumb impression will be summarily rejected.
- In item No.11 of the application form the candidate should indicate any clear / visible marks of identification on their body like ‘a mole on the nose (or) cut mark on the forehead’, etc. The RRC SCR Railway GDCE Exam application form of the candidate is liable to be rejected if he / she does not indicate identification marks.
- Only One Application : Candidates should submit only one application for each category. Candidates submitting more than one application for one category will be liable for disqualification.
3. RRC South Central Railway GDCE Exam Recruitment Process 2015 :
- Standard of RRC SCR General Departmental Competitive Examination shall be like that of direct recruitment conducted by RRB.
- The RRC South Central Railway GDCE selection will be made strictly as per merit in the written examination.
- There shall be negative marking in RRC SCR Railway GDCE written examinations and 1/3 of the allotted marks for each question shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Aptitude test for the post of ASM will be conducted for the candidates shortlisted as per merit in the RRC South Central Railway GDCE written examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of their original documents.
- The date, time and venue of the RRC SCR GDCE written examinations will be fixed by RRC, Secunderabad and will be intimated at the address for communication to the eligible candidates by post. Request for postponement of the written examination or change of venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post.
4. Enclosures to be Attached :
- Self-attested copy of Matriculation certificate in proof of Date of Birth.
- Self-attested copy of certificate / Marks sheet in proof of Educational / Technical Qualifications.
- Self-attested copy of SC / ST certificate in the proforma prescribed for employment in Central Government services. ( Annexure – 2 )
- Self-attested copy of OBC certificate in the proforma prescribed for employment in Central Government services ( Annexure – 3 ). In addition, OBC candidates should enclose self declaration regarding their non-creamy layer status in the proforma given at Annexure – 4.
- One extra photograph should also be attached to the application.
- Railway administration will not be responsible for loss of original certificates enclosed, if any by the employee.
5. RRC South Central Railway GDCE Exam Application Sending Address 2015 :
- The eligible employees should submit their application in the prescribed format on or before the closing date i.e. 26.11.2015 to their immediate supervisor.
- The immediate supervisor should forward all the applications of his unit along with the list to concerned officer of Personnel Branch of GM office / DRM office / CWM office under a covering letter by 30.11.2015.
- Personnel branch of GM office / DRM office / CWM office will verify the application from the Service Record and prepare post wise consolidated list of eligible and ineligible candidates.
- The list of ineligible applications will be communicated to the respective immediate supervisors of the employees concerned.
- The list of eligible applications along with original applications should be Handed over to the concerned cadre officer in CPO’s office in hard and soft copy by 15.12.2015.
- Concerned cadre officer in CPO’s office will prepare post wise consolidate list of all the eligible applications received in the Personnel Branch and send the post wise applications in single bunch to RRC, Secunderabad under a covering letter by 31.12.2015. Post wise consolidated list should be sent in hard and soft copy.
6. General Instructions :
- Only serving regular Railway employees of South Central Railway who are working in Grade pay lower than the grade pay for which GDCE is held are allowed in the GDCE.
- RPF / RPSF personnel are not allowed to apply for this GDCE scheme.
- Those candidates who are appearing in and / or awaiting results of final examination of minimum qualification at the time of applying for the post are not eligible. Academic qualification must be from recognized Educational Institution / Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected. Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply.
- Eligible employees should submit their applications through proper channel to the concerned Personnel officer only. Application directly received in Headquarters office will not be entertained.
- Candidates shall be free to apply for more than one category but he / she will be doing so at his / her own risk as the written examination can be held for more than one category on the same date & time.
7. Important Instructions :
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority in the prescribed format along with the application form itself. Otherwise, their claim for reserved status will not be entertained and the candidature / applications of such candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions for General ( UR ) category will be considered under General ( UR ) category only.
- In case wrong declaration / particulars given by the candidates, he / she is liable to be taken up under D&AR also.
8. Abbreviations :
SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Classes, UR – Unreserved, RRC – Railway Recruitment Cell, LV – Low Vision, OL – One Leg, OA – One Arm, MW – Muscular Weakness.
9. Misconduct :
- Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while submitting application.
- Candidates shall not bring or attempt to bring any political or other influence to further his / her interest in respect of selection process.
- Indulgence in any malpractice / misconduct on the part of a candidate at any stage of the selection process is strictly prohibited and such misconduct will lead to disqualification of his / her candidature besides appropriate disciplinary / criminal proceedings.
10. Final Authority :
- While every care has been taken in preparing this notification, the Railway Recruitment Cell, Secunderabad, reserves the right to rectify the errors & omissions, if any. Decision of the Railway Recruitment Cell, Secunderabad in the matter of selection will be final.
- The Notification and application format may be downloaded from the website www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in and clicking on scrolling link “Railway Recruitment Cell Secunderabad” and “Notification”.