RRC Northern Railway Recruitment 2014 for Pointsman, Gateman, Khalasi Helper – RRC NR Railway Application
Railway Recruitment Cell
Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi 110 024.
Website : www.rrcnr.org
Date of Issue : 30.12.2013
Closing Date & Time : 1700 hrs. of 10.02.2014
For residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts, Panji, sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands Closing Date & Time is 1700 hrs of 25.02.2014.
Candidates before applying should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he / she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of applications.
Railway Recruitment Cell / Northern Railway invites applications from bonafide Citizens of India and such other candidates declared eligible by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up a total of 5679 posts in Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/- in following Divisions / Workshops / Units.
|i||Divisions||Delhi, Moradabad, Lucknow, Ambala & Firozpur|
|ii||Workshops / Factory||Jagadhari, Ghaziabad, Kapurthala, Rae Bareli, Jalandhar|
|iii||Units||i. Alambagh Store Lucknow, Store Depot Shakurbasti, New Delhi.
ii. Bridge Office, New Delhi and Lucknow
iii. Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
1. Candidates may note that all Zonal Railways have already issued Notification for recruitment for the various posts of Grade Pay 1800/-. However Written Examination will be held on same days, simultaneously by all Railways. Similarly, Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) will also be held by all the Railways simultaneously. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying for any particular Notification of any of the Zonal Railways.
2. Application to be downloaded from RRC website ( www.rrcnr.org ).
3. Applications will be strictly rejected on the following grounds :
- Unsigned / undated applications. Application not signed in both English and Hindi language in prescribed boxes.
- Application Signed in capital letters.
- Application without Thumb Impression in prescribed box.
- Application without Clear, Permanent, Meaningful and distinct Body Mark ( para 4 of application ).
- Application without Clear Photo in prescribed box. ( no Cap, Goggles, Muffler or anything which hides facial identity.
- Application without Declaration in Running Handwriting ( para 15 of application form ).
- Application without required fee ( Pls read carefully para 3 of the notification ) or, Application without fee detail mentioned in para 14 of Application Form. No Demand Draft will be accepted.
- Application without enclosing proper educational / DOB certificates. Fill up Documents Enclosed ( para 13 of application Form, correctly ).
- Wrong mailing address on application form. ( para no 1. )
- Application without Date of Birth ( para 6 ) and or Name ( para 2 )
- Application not filled by candidate in his / her own handwriting. It will be checked at the time of document verification.
- Write pincode compulsorily in your mailing address for correct mailing.
- Write Correct PH and Caste code wherever applicable and attach all supporting certificates.
- RRC website www.rrcnr.org will be primary source of communication with the candidates including the crosschecking / validating of ineligibility / eligibility of the applications.
- Candidates are therefore advised to remain in touch with RRC website for further information or contact our Call Centre when operational.
- Sample filled up application form is also available on the RRC website.
RRC Northern Railway Vacancies Details
|Category No.||Name of the Post||Department||Number of Vacancies||Med.Class.|
|1||Pointsman||Operating||96||88||171||333||688||A - 2|
|2||Gateman||Operating||20||62||75||105||262||A - 2|
|3||Khalasi Helper||Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal & Telecom||77||37||134||258||506||B - 1|
|4||Trackman||Civil Engineering||379||189||684||1277||2529||B - 1|
|5||Carriage Cleaner||Mechanical||33||70||59||110||272||B - 1|
|6||DSL Khallasi||Mechanical||3||2||6||11||22||B - 1|
|7||Khalasi Helper||Engineering||16||8||32||64||120||A - 2|
|8||Khalasi Helper||Mech.( W ) , S&T ( W ), Engg||169||143||306||566||1184||C - 1|
|9||Safaiwala||Medical||0||0||0||5||5||C - 1|
|10||Cook Mate||Medical||1||1||0||0||2||C - 1|
|11||Khalasi Helper||Stores||13||6||23||43||85||C - 1|
|12||Hospital Attendant ( Male )||Medical||3||0||0||0||3||C - 2|
|13||Hospital Attendant ( Female )||Medical||0||0||0||1||1||C - 2|
- As per Railway rules, 170 vacancies ( i.e 3% ( 1% OH, 1% HH, 1% VH ) of total vacancy of 5679 ) will be reserved for PWD / PH, but such candidates will be accommodated on identified posts only.
- 20% of 5679 vacancies i.e 1135 are reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
- Vacancies notified are provisional and will be subject to upward / downward revision.
- The vacancies reserved for Person with Disabilities and Ex-servicemen are included in the total number of vacancies.
1. RRC Northern Railway Recruitment Application Whom to Apply :
1.1 Duly filled application form along with the required documents should be addressed to :
Assistant Personnel Officer ( RRC ),
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Lajpat Nagar – I,
New Delhi – 110 024.
On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly been written “Application for Recruitment to the posts in Pay Band – 1 ( 5200 – 20200 ) + Grade Pay 1800/-”, Employment Notice No. 220-E/Open Mkt./RRC/2013 DATED 30.12.2013
1.2 The application should be sent by post so as to reach this Office on or before the closing date and time mentioned above. Duly Filled applications can also be submitted in Railway Recruitment Cell at the above mentioned address ( drop box ) on or before the closing date and time.
2. RRC Northern Railway Recruitment Eligibility Criteria :
2.1 Minimum Educational Qualifications as on the date of notification : 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate ( NAC ) granted by NCVT. Candidates appearing / or awaiting results of 10th / ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
2.2 Age Limit for RRC Northern Railway Recruitment : ( As on 01.01.2014 )
- Age ( in completed years ) for the recruitment is 18 – 33 years reckoned as on 01.01.2014. ( born between 02.01.1981 to 01.01.1996 both days inclusive ).
- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
- 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
- 5 years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) : 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
- For Serving Railway Staff, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ).
- Relaxation of age will be to the extent of service rendered by them in Defense Service plus three years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service after attestation.
- Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization, the relaxation will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum 5 years.
- Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from the husband but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
- The upper age limit in case of Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for those posts whose minimum qualification is Course Completed Act Apprenticeship shall be relaxed to the extent of apprentice training undergone by them under the Apprenticeship Act 1961.
3. RRC Northern Railway Recruitment Application Fee : 100/- ( one hundred only ). There are only two modes of paying fee for this examination.
3.1 Candidates should select any one of the following :
A. Applicants are first required to go to RRC website and download a print of Fee Payment Challan and fill up necessary details. ( In Duplicates ).
- Fee can be deposited in any branch of the Central Bank of India by depositing Fee Payment Challan in the Accounts no. 3311403687.
- Fee can also be deposited in any other Bank by using NEFT Code No CBIN0280311.
- Duplicate Copy of this Challan is to be attached / enclosed along with the application form. ( compulsory )
- Payment by Demand Draft will not be accepted.
Note : Particulars of fee payment either through Fee Payment Challan or through IPO should be mentioned in column no 14 of application form. Or
B. Indian Postal Order of requisite value in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi – 110 024. These instruments should not have been issued prior to 30.12.2013 and after closing of date of application.
3.2 The following categories are exempt from payment of examination fee :
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- Women candidates.
- Candidates belonging to minority communities.
- Candidates belonging to backward classes having annual family income of less than 50,000/-.
- Persons with Disabilities( PWD )
3.3 Minorities means Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of examination fee, Minority candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in Annexure – 2 along with application form. This form is available on our website. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
3.4 Economically backward classes means the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. Such candidates have to submit Income Certificate in the format at annexure – 3 on the letter head of the issuing authority and enclose with the application.
4. Persons with Disabilites ( PWD )
PWD Candidates will be valid only if the disability form is issued on Annexure 4. Definitions of Disabilities in detail has been uploaded on website. Concerned candidates are requested to please go through it before filling up their application form. Posts reserved for PWD
|Name of Post||Department||Categories of disabled who
could apply for the jobs
|Khalasi Helper ( Ctg No. 3,7,11 )||Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechnical, S&T. Store||LV, OA, BL, OL,HH|
|Safaiwala||Med||LV, OA, BL, OL, HH|
|Cook||Med||B, LV, BL, OL, HH|
Abbreviations used : OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped, OL – One Leg, OA – One Arm, BL – Both leg, HH – Hearing Handicapped, VH – Visually Handicapped, LV – Lower Vision, B – Blind.