RRC North Western Railway Recruitment 2016 of Sports Persons against Sports Quota
North Western Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Power House Road,
Jaipur – 302 006.
Closing Date and Time for residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands and candidates residing abroad will be Date : 06th September, 2016 at 17.00 Hours.
Applications are invited from eligible Sports Persons for following sports disciplines for Group ‘C’ posts on North Western Railway :
Vacancies of Group ‘C’ against Head Quarter Quota :
|S.No.||Name of Game||Vacancies ( Category )||Event / Position / Weight Category||Pay Scale with Grade Pay ( GP )|
|1||Archery||02 ( Women )||Compound 50 Mtr.||PB - 1, 5200-20200 with GP 2800 / 2400.|
|2||Athletics||01 ( Men )||Stipple chase||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||400 M||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||1500 M||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||5000M||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Women )||1500 M||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|3||Boxing||01 ( Men )||52 Kg||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||60 Kg.||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Women )||48 Kg.||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|4.||Cross Country||01 ( Women )||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|5.||Power Lifting||01 ( Men )||74 Kg.||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Women )||63 Kg.||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2800/2400|
|01 ( Women )||72 Kg.||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|6||Shooting||01 ( Men )||10 M Air Pistol||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2800/2400|
|01 ( Men )||50 M Rifle 3-P||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2800/2400|
|8||Wrestling||01 ( Men )||66 Kg. in GR||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||80 Kg. in GR||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Men )||97 Kg. in FS||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Women )||53 Kg. in FS||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|01 ( Women )||69 Kg. in FS||PB-1, 5200-20200 with GP 2000/1900|
|Total||25 ( 05 Vacancies in GP 2800/2400, 16 Vacancies in GP 2000/1900 )|
No post is reserved for SC, ST and OBC. However the candidates claiming to belong to SC / ST / OBC communities are required to enclose photocopy of Self Attested Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
Norms for Recruitment :
- Norms for Group ‘C’ recruitment ( 5 posts ) in PB 1 5,200-20,200 Grade pay 2,400 / 2,800Minimum Educational Qualification : Graduate.
Sports Achievements – Eligibility Norms :
- Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Senior category ) Or
- Obtained at least 3rd position by representing the Country in the World Cup ( Junior / Senior ) World Championships ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Games ( Senior ) / Commonwealth Games ( Senior ), except Gold Medal in Asian Games.
- Norms for Group ‘C’ Recruitment ( 16 posts ) in PB 1 5,200-20,200 Grade Pay 1,900 / 2,000Minimum Educational Qualification : 12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent.
Sports Achievements – Eligibility Norms :
- Represented the Country in the World Cup ( Junior / Senior ), World Championships ( Junior / Senior ), Asian Games ( Senior ) & Commonwealth Games ( Senior ) Or
- Represented the country and obtained at least 3rd position in the Commonwealth Championship ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Championship / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior ) / South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior ), USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior category ). Or
- Represented a State or equivalent unit and obtained at least 3rd Position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships Or
- Represented a State and obtained at least 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association Or
- Represented a University and obtained at least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities Or
- Obtained 1st position in Federation Cup Championships ( senior category ).
- In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship may also be considered for recruitment against the post in PB 5,200-20,200 GP 1900/-.
- In Shooting, for recognized domestic championships, only the individual performance shall be considered for recruitment purpose. All India G.V. Mavlankar Shooting Championship is not a recognized championship for this purpose.
- All the championship mentioned above shall be conducted under the aegis of recognized international / national / state sports federation and also recognized by Railway Sports Promotion Board.
- For recruitment of sports persons on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National Championship, the age group as indicated shall only be considered;Archery (Woman) Under-19, Athletics (Men & Women) Under-20, Boxing (Men & Women) – 17-18 years, Cross Country (Women) Under – 20, Power lifting (Men & Women) Under-23, Shooting ( Men ) Under-21, Wrestling (Men & Women) – Under-20.
- All the recruitments against Open Advertisement Quota shall be at the minimum of the scale of pay.
Age Limit for RRC NWR Sports Persons Jobs 2016 : Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years as on 01st January, 2017.
Period of Reckoning Sports Achievements : Only those Sports persons who have acquired the sports achievements – eligibility norms in the championship on or after 01st April, 2014 and are active will be eligible to apply for the appointment against Sports Quota. For validity of sports achievement, concluding day of the championship / event shall be taken into account.
RRC NWR Sports Persons Examination Fee :
- For all Candidates except SC / ST / Women / Minorities and Economic Backward Classes the Fee is 500/-
- For Candidates Belonging to SC / ST / Women / Minorities and Economic Backward Classes the Fee is 250/- with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the trail and produce their original certificate.
- Demand Draft / Indian Postal Order should be drawn in favour of North Western Railway Sports Association, payable at jaipur / G.P.O. Jaipur. The DD / IPO are non-refundable in any case. Candidates are advised to fill DD / IPO details in application form in the space provided for the same.
- Minorities meaning Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrian ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of examination fee, Minorities candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ along with Application Form, At the time of Trial / interview, such candidate claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that they belong to any of the above minority communities. If the affidavit is not produced during Trial / interview, their candidature will be rejected.
- Economically backward candidate means those whose annual family income is less that 50,000/-. They have to submit income certificate at the time of applying on the letter head of the issuing authority.
Last Date of Receipt of RRC NWR Sports Quota Application is 22nd August, 2016 up to 17.00 Hrs
After this, no application will be accepted. Railway Administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / loss. Applications duly filled in as per format should be addressed :
|SN||Name of Organisation||Address to which the application is to be sent||DD / IPO of any nationalised bank / scheduled bank / Post Office in favour of and payable at|
|1||North Western Railway, Head Quarter, Jaipur||Senior Personnel Officer (RP),|
Railway Recruitment Cell,
North Western Railway,
Power House Road, Opposite DRM Office,
Jaipur - 302 006.
|In favour of “North Western Railway Sports Association”,
payable at Jaipur / G.P.O. Jaipur.
The application for RRC NWR Railway Jobs 2016 should be sent by ordinary post only in a closed envelope or to drop in the application box provided for the purpose in the place mentioned in above table up to 17.00 Hrs. on Date 22nd August, 2016. No receipt will be given at any counter. Applications sent by Registered Post / Courier / By Registered AD will not be accepted. Any deficiency / discrepancy found in the application form and documents submitted by the applicant will render the application invalid. On the top of the envelope “Application for Recruitment against Sports Quota for the year 2016- 2017″ should be subscribed.
RRC NWR Sports Quota Recruitment Procedure 2016 :
For vacancies against Headquarter quota selection will be conducted by North Western Railway, Headquarter, Jaipur. Selection of candidates will be based on their achievements in relevant sports, educational qualification, general intelligence, personality, game skills, physical fitness and observations of coach & trial committee during trial. All eligible candidates will be called for Trial and after Trial, only the fit candidates will be called for North Western Railway Sports Quota Interview. Candidates declared Not Fit by the Trial Committee will not be assessed further.
Important Instructions for North Western Railway Sports Quota Jobs 2016 :
- Candidates should bring Original documents along with a set of self attested photo copies of Date of Birth ( Matriculation or equivalent Certificate ), Educational Qualification, Sports Achievements etc, on the day of trial and interview, without which they will not be allowed to appear in the Trial / interview. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi. Photocopy of All documents should be Self-attested. No TA / DA / Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trials / interview. Applicants will have to bring their own playing kit. They may also be required to stay during the selection for 2-3 days, for which they have to make their own arrangements. The Railway Administration have all rights reserved to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change place or postpone trials / interview ( at its own convenience ), or even cancel trials due to unforeseen circumstances against which no claim will be accepted. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere on North Western Railway.
- Candidate applying for more than one game / event shall submit separate applications with separate DD / IPO as fee and documents for each event.
- Candidates those who are already in service of PSU / Government Organisation must apply through proper channel and should attach “No Objection Certificate” for the same from their employer.
- Candidates should be in readiness to appear for the Trials etc. at short notice after the last date for submission is over.
- Candidates’ admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared.
- Sports persons recommended for appointment will have to pass medical test prescribed for the post to which they have been recommended.
- The decision of Railway Administration / Selection Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, final selection, offer of appointment, suitability to North Western Railway / Indian Railway and assigning of Post & Grade Pay etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
- Candidates should submit their application form in good quality A/4 size paper in prescribed format as Annexure I given in notification duly completed in all respect with Self attested photo copies of necessary enclosures ( certificate of age, education, sports achievements, caste / community etc. )
- Application should be filled up by candidates in their own hand writing either in Hindi or in English language.
- Sports persons having sports norms for higher grade pay and applied against the vacancies for the lower grade pay, can be considered. However, he / she will not claim for higher grade pay after joining the railways on the basis of sports achievements prior to joining Railways.
- Selected candidates will have to submit “Service Bond” of 5 years at the time of appointment.
- Sportsperson recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him / her for recruitment, are found incorrect / fake at any stage; observing requisite procedure for such termination.
Note : Candidates selected through Sports quota will have to perform in his / her field of sports for a minimum period of 5 years. His / Her performance will be assessed during first two years of service ( Probation period ). In case performance is not found up to the mark, his / her service is liable to be terminated.