RRC North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2015 Against Scouts & Guides Quota
Railway Recruitment Cell,
North Eastern Railway,
CCM Annexe Building,
Railway Road No. 14,
Uttar Pradesh – 273 012.
RRC NER Recruitment Against Scouts & Guides Quota in Group ‘C’ Posts for the year 2015 – 16.
Last Date of RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Application Form 2015 : 21.09.2015, upto : 18:00 hrs.
For the candidates of Andaman, Nikobar, Lakshadweep & Islands : 06.10.2015, upto : 18:00 hrs.
Applications are invited in the prescribed format given in this notice from eligible Indian Citizens, for recruitment against Scouts & Guides quota in Group ‘C’ posts in Pay Scale 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/- 2000/- for the year 2015 – 16 on N.E. Railway.
1. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Vacancies 2015 : 02 ( Two ). ( No post is reserved for any particular community ).
2. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Essential Qualification 2015 :
A. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Educational Qualification 2015 :
- For Technician – III : Matriculation or its equivalent with ITI in relevant trade ( Recognised by SCVT, NCVT ).
- For Other Posts : 12th or its equivalent with 50% mark in aggregate. The compulsion of 50% marks in aggregate will not be insisted upon in case of SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman.
B. Scouting :
- a President’s Scout / Guide / Ranger / Rover or Himalayan Wood Badge holder or a pre-HWB trained Scouts / Leader / Advanced Trained Guide / Leader / Captain,
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts Organisation for atleast 3 years in the recent past ( i.e. 2012 – 13, 2013 – 14 and 2014 – 15 ) and should continue to be active,
- Should have attended at lease one event at National level and one or Two events at State level or should have a good record of participation in Scout / Guide activities at Unit / District level.
3. Age Limit for RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 : 18 to 32 years.
- Age Limit for RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota will be reckoned as on 01.01.2016.
- RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Age relaxations for SC / ST Candidates – 5 years, OBC Candidates – 3 year ( A certificate on the prescribed format for employment under Central Govt, to be attached by the OBC Candidates ).
4. How to Apply for RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
- Candidates should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notice before filling the RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota application form,
- RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Application shall be submitted on a good quality white plain A4 size paper in the format given in this Employment Notice using only one side of paper,
- The RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota application should be filled in with capital letters either in English or Hindi only,
- The RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota application form should be filled by the applicant in his own handwriting using a blue or black ball point pen only,
- Serving Government employees should send their RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota applications through proper channel duly forwarded by their controlling officer. The last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However an advance copy of the application can also be submitted,
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community shall submit their attested xerox copies of community certificates as issued by the appropriate State Government authorities.
5. Whom to Apply for RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 : RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respect along with all the enclosures should be sent by post to the following given address below :
Senior Personnel Officer,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
N.E. Railway CCM Annexure Building,
Railway Road No. 14,
Gorakhpur ( UP ) – 273 012.
Or may be dropped in the box kept at premises of RRC Gorakhpur from 09:30 upto 18:00 hrs on any working day on or before last date of application in a cover, duly superscribing. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Application for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota for the year 2015 – 16 :
6. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Examination Fees 2015 :
- The RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota examination fee of 100/- ( Rupees One Hundred only ) in the form of Indian Postal Orders ( IPO ), drawn in favour of Senior Personnel Officer, RRC N.E. Railway, payable at Gorakhpur.
- IPOs issued before the date of issue of this Employment Notice will not be accepted and the RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Application Form will be rejected.
- RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Applications received with fee in the form of Demand draft / Cash / Cheque / Central Recruitment Fee Stamps and Money Orders will not be accepted and application form will be rejected.
- Candidates must write their name, full address at the space provided in the postal order.
- The examination fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances.
RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Fee Exemptions 2015 : SC / ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Women candidates, Minority candidates and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of examination fees.
Note : Economically backward classes will mean the candidates whose family income is less than the prescribed income limit.
7. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Mode of Selection & Recruitment Process 2015 : The candidates, who apply in response to the notification issued and are found eligible for consideration for recruitment against Scouts & Guides quota shall be assessed on the following basis.
A. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Written Test – 50 marks : The written examination will consist of 50 objective type questions relating to Scouts and Guides organization and its activities as per the syllabus mentioned in this RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota notification.
B. Scouts / Guides qualifications over and above the minimum prescribed as eligibility condition – 35 marks,
- Participation in International event ( one event – 5 marks, Two or more events – 7 marks ).
- Participation in National Events / National Jamboree – ( No marks for first event. The same being the minimum eligibility condition. First additional event – 5 marks, two additional events or beyond – 7 marks,
- Participation in jamboree on Indian Railway ( one event – 5 marks, two or more event – 7 marks ).
- Events / Rallies attended at State level ( one event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ).
- Specialised Scout / Guide Course : Pioneering / Maping and Standard Judging course / vocational craft course ( one course – 5 marks, two or more courses – 7 marks ).
C. Personality Test / Interview – 15 marks. The final empanelment to the tune of the notified vacancies will be based on the Final Ment Order prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the written test, personality test / interview and the marks assigned to the Scouts / Guides qualifications etc.
8. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Syllabus 2015 : History of Scouting / Guiding, Law and promise; Organisation – Distt. & State level – Training Center – Distt. and State level, knowledge of Books. Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India. Motto, left hand shake, Salute, Prayer, Flag song, National Anthem, Know the National and Scouting Flags; Social services at various occasions; Hiking Proficiency Badges. How these are earned? Stages in Scouting / Guiding. Thinking Day, Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jumborette; National Jumboree; Jumboree on the Air.
Organisation at National Level : National Training Centres, WAGGGS / WOSM – Uparashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition; Community Development Programmes, Aims and Methods of Scouting; How Scouting is useful in producing better citizens?.
9. RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota General Conditions of Recruitment 2015 :
- Merely satisfying the age and educational qualifications itself will not constitute a right to be called for the written examination unless the candidate fulfills all other conditions laid down in this employment notice,
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The candidate acquiring the qualifications after the date of application shall not be eligible,
- Candidates attempting to give false information / suppressing the facts will be disqualified and are liable for debarment and for legal action. Candidates who attempt fraud / impersonation are liable to be debarred to appear in the examinations in future conducted for recruitment in Railways. Candidate eligible for appointment will have to pass the prescribed medical examination conducted by the Railway administration before appointment,
- Mere selection of candidates and recommendation for their appointment shall not confer any right on the candidates for their appointment in Railways,
- Free second class journey pass from the nearest Railway station indicated in the RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota application form will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC & ST communities whenever they are called or at any stage of recruitment.
The person appointed against Scouts and Guides Quota to the categories of clerks be required to pass proficiency test in typing within a period of two years from date of appointment.
10. List of Enclosures :
- Indian Postal order for 100/- ( Rupees One Hundred only ) ( Except in the case of SC / ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Women candidates, Minority candidates and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes for which they have to attach certificate,
- Self attested copy of educational / technical certificates,
- Self Attested copy of Scouting / Guiding Qualifications / event certificates issued by Authorised Signatories for events,
- Certificate for active membership of a Scout & Guide organization for atleast last 03 years ( i.e. 2012 – 13, 2013 – 14 and 2014 – 15 and continued as active member ) issued by unit leader and Distt. Secretary jointly and counter signed by Distt. Commissioner Scout / Guide,
- Self attested copy of Community certificate ( by the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC and Minorities community. For OBC Candidates the cast certificate must be on the prescribed format for employment under Central Govt. ),
- Self attested copy of 10th class or equivalent certificate as proof of Date of Birth,
- Income Certificate in case of EBC.
11. Invalid Applications : RRC NER Scouts & Guides Quota Applications not in the prescribed format, incompletely filled or filed / submitted in contravention of the above mentioned instructions will be summarily rejected.
- In Case of difference between English and Hindi version of the Employment Notice the English version shall be applicable.
- The decision of RRC / NER in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, issue of free journey passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), allotment of Examination centre, and all other matters related with recruitment process will be final and binding on the candidates, and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
- This employment notice is available at N.E. Railway’s website www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in.