RRC Eastern Railway Recruitment 2013 for Porter, Gateman, Safaiwala – RRC Eastern Railway Exam Fee
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Kolkata – 700 012.
Website : www.rrcer.com
Recruitment in Pay Band – I 5200 – 20200/- with GP 1800/- ( UR, SC, ST, OBC, PWD ( PH ) and ESM on ER and CLW
1. Eastern Railway RRC applications, on plain paper, in the given format at Annexure – XI, are invited from the citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, for filling up posts in specified categories of Eastern Railway, as listed below. The Eastern Railway RRC application, in prescribed format, may be sent by post to the “Senior Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway, 56, C.R.Avenue, RITES Building, 1st Floor, Kolkata – 700 012″ or, dropped in the Application Box kept in the Office of Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway, 56 C.R.Avenue RITES Building, 1st Floor, Kolkata – 700 012, upto 17:00 hrs. of the closing date i.e. 15.11.2013.
For candidates belonging to Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshdweep Islands, the last date will be 15 days beyond the closing date ( i.e.02.12.2013 ) upto 17:00 hrs. RRC Eastern Railway applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained. The envelope containing application should be clearly superscribed “Application for Recruitment in Pay Band – I 5200 – 20200/- with GP 1800/- – Eastern Railway” along with the community as applicable ( i.e. SC / ST / OBC / UR / PWD ( PH ) / ESM ). A Candidate should submit only one application form, even if he / she intends to be considered for more than one or all categories. Candidate submitting more than one application form will not be considered. Even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he / she will not be offered appointment and where detected at a later stage, will be liable for summarily termination from service.
The recruitment will be conducted by the Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway, ( hereinafter referred as RRC – ER ). Number of posts to be filled on Eastern Railway with community – wise, PWD wise and ESM distribution, scale of pay and medical classification are indicated below :
|SN||Post||Department||Grade||Community - wise break - up||Ex SM||PWD||Medical Category|
|1||Porter||Trans||5200 & 20200/- + GP 1800/-||79||20||9||34||142||28||2||2||0||A - 2|
|2||Gateman||7||1||0||0||8||2||0||0||0||A - 3|
|3||Safaiwala / Peon / RR Cook / RR Bearer||12||2||0||1||15||3||0||0||0||C - 1|
|4||Gate - Keeper||Engineering||5200 & 20200/- + GP 1800/-||13||6||2||6||27||5||0||0||0||A - 3|
|5||Track - man||143||45||20||72||280||55||3||2||1||B - 1|
|6||Helper / Khalasi||13||4||1||5||23||7||1||0||0|
|7||Velveman / Chowkider / Mali||5||0||0||1||6||1||1||0||0||C - 1|
|8||Khalasi / Helper||Mechanical||5200 & 20200/- + GP 1800/-||240||62||36||88||426||85||3||2||2||B - 1|
|9||Helper - I||116||35||17||62||230||46||3||2||2||B - 2|
|10||Store Khalasi / Helper / Peon / Safawala||306||187||169||158||820||165||3||0||3||C - 1|
|SN||Post||Department||Grade||Community - wise break - up||Ex SM||PWD||Medical Category|
|11||Helper||S & T||5200& 20200/- + GP 1800/-||45||15||12||11||83||17||1||0||1||B - 1|
|35||10||5||19||69||14||0||0||0||B - 2|
|12||Helper||Electrical||5200 & 20200/- + GP 1800/-||101||23||21||36||181||37||3||0||0||B - 1|
|13||Helper - I||48||14||7||25||94||19||1||1||1||B - 2|
|14||Helper||28||8||4||15||55||11||0||0||0||C - 1|
|15||Safaiwala / H.A / Ayah||Medical||5200& 20200/- + GP 1800/-||31||8||2||6||47||9||0||0||0||C - 1|
|16||WRB / WB Porter / Khalasi / Markman / Sealman||Comm||5200& 20200/- + GP 1800/-||11||1||0||1||13||3||0||0||0||C - 1|
|17||Peon||G.Admn.||5200 & 20200/- + GP 1800/-||1||0||1||1||3||1||0||0||0||C - 1|
Number of posts to be filled on CLW with community-wise and PWD wise distribution, scale of pay and medical classification are indicated below :
|SN||Post||Department||Grade||Community - wise break - up||PWD||Medical Category|
|18||Helper - II||Workshop||5200 - 20200/- + GP 1800/-||121||36||18||65||240||03||02||02||C - 1|
|19||Peon / CKDR / Sanitary Cleaner / Helper, etc.||All Department ( outside workshop )||5200 - 20200/- + GP 1800/-||35||10||05||18||68||01||-||01||C - 1|
N.B. : As per CPO’s SL Circular No. 13/2012 a sub quota of 4.5% for minorities as defined under Section 2(e) of the National Commission for minorities Act 1992 from within the 27% reservation for OBCs are to be maintained ( Authority : RBE No.2/2012 )
1.1. RRC Eastern Railway vacancies of Ex-Servicemen given in the table are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
1.2. RRC Eastern Railway Vacancies of PWD ( PH ) given in the table are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
1.3. RRC Eastern Railway Vacancies and categories indicated above are only tentative and are subject to change.
1.4. Candidates for Post SN – 1 must meet the standard for Vision and colour vision specified in Annexure – III. They should have their vision checked by competent eye specialist and obtain certificate as in Annexure – III, an attested xerox copy of which should be attached with the application form.
1.5 Physically challenged candidates should go through the details given in Annexure – V to Annexure – VII.
2. Abbreviations Used
1. RRC – ER – Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway
2. ER – Eastern Railway
3. SC – Scheduled Caste
4. ST – Scheduled Tribe
5. OBC – Other Backward Classes
6. UR – Un-Reserved
7. PWD ( PH ) – Persons with Disabilities ( Physically Handicapped ), VH – Visually Handicapped, HH – Hearing Handicapped, OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped.
8. ESM – Ex-Serviceman
9. SRE – Serving Railway Employee.
10. PET – Physical Efficiency Test.
11. Elect. – Electrical
12. Mech. – Mechanical
13. S & T – Signal & Telecommunication.
14. Comml. – Commercial
15. Transp. – Transportation
16. Engg. – Engineering
17. AF – Application Form
18. IPO – Indian Postal Order
3. Minimum Educational Qualification for RRC Eastern Railway :
3.1 The candidate should be minimum 10th pass or ITI or equivalent and recognized by Indian Railways on the date of application. Candidates appearing at and / or awaiting results of final examination of Class 10th or ITI or equivalent are not eligible.
4. Age Limit and Relaxation for RRC Eastern Railway :
1. For all the above vacancies, the age limit will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01.01.2014.
2. The upper age limit will be relaxed as under, subject to the production of requisite certificate.
4.2.1. By five years for SC / ST and by three years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificates issued by the appropriate authority, copy of which is to be enclosed for claiming age relaxation.
4.2.2. Serving railway employees, including casual labours and substitutes, who have put in a minimum of three years service will be given age relaxation subject to the age limit not exceeding 40, 43 and 45 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
4.2.3. In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organization such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railways Cooperative societies, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years and upper age limit of 35 years.
4.2.4. Widows and Divorced Women who have judicially separated from their husbands and are not remarried, will be given relaxation in age up to 35, 38 and 40 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
4.2.5. BY five years to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the Ist day of Jan. 80 to the 31st day of Dec. 89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the appropriate authority of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
4.2.6. The upper age limit for PWD ( PH ) candidates are 43 years, 46 years and 48 years as on 01.01.2014 for UR,OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
4.2.7 The upper age limit is relaxable for Ex Servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in Defence forces plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-Servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex – Servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment, such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age, etc. as admissible to Civil Employees, in the normal course in accordance with the existing instructions in this regard subject to his fulfilment of the conditions governing the grant of such benefits. Sons / Daughters / Wards / of Ex-servicemen are not eligible to apply for the posts reserved for ex-servicemen.
4.2.8. No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved posts.
5. Proof of Age :
a. Admit Card of Matric / 10th / 12th Board or equivalent or (b) Matric / 10th pass Certificate issued by Board or equivalent.
6. Ex-Servicemen Candidate : This employment notice contains vacancies reserved for ex-servicemen irrespective of their community. The term ex-servicemen means a person : (a) who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non-combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces; and, (b) who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension, (c) who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded Military service or other disability pension; or, (d) who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment; or, (e) the persons serving in the Armed forces of the Union who, on retirement from service, would come under the category of Ex-serviceman, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to ex-servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the Uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed
Forces of the Union Service Personnel who are to be discharged from Military service on or before the closing date of this Notification, are eligible to apply for this advertisement.
6.1 Ex-servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof, as required. However, regardless of community, ex-servicemen will be considered only against the ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available, then only ex-servicemen belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available, will be considered against the ex-servicemen Quota.
6.2 Ex-servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the ex-servicemen quota in Central Government in Group ‘D’ / ‘C’ or Govt. job on civil side will be given only age relaxation but will not be considered under ex-servicemen quota.
7. Serving Employees : A candidate serving under the Government or Public Sector Enterprise / Undertaking including Railways should either apply through proper channel duly certifying their service details by the employer, or, directly to RRC – ER with “ No Objection Certificate” from the employer concerned. In addition, an advance copy of such application, complete in all respects, may be sent super-scribing on the top of the application “Advance Copy” so as to reach RRC – ER before the closing date and time specified.