RRC East Coast Railway Recruitment for Trackman, Token Porter, Hospital Attendant
Railway Recruitment Cell,
East Coast Railway,
Office of the Chairman,
2nd Floor, South Block,
Odisha – 751 017.
Date of Issue : 12.10.2013
Closing Date : 11.11.2013
Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs.
( For residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep : Closing Date : 25.11.2013 Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs. )
Employment Notice for recruitment of staff in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 having Grade Pay of 1800/- in East Coast Railway.
Important Note for RRC East Coast Railway Recruitment 2013
Candidates to note that all the zonal railways are likely to issue separate notifications for recruitment to the posts. The Written Test will be conducted by all the railways in the same period simultaneously. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying in response to any particular notification.
RRC East Coast Railway applications are invited from the Citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for filling up posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 having Grade Pay of 1800/- in the Divisions and Workshop of East Coast Railway. Application in prescribed format in A-4 size may be sent by ordinary post addressed to the “Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), East Coast Railway Headquarters, Office of the Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017″ upto 17.00 hrs. on the closing date 11.11.2013. Alternatively, application can also be dropped into the Application Drop Box available at the Railway Recruitment Cell, East Coast Railway Headquarters, 2nd Floor, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017 upto 17.00 hrs. on the closing date 11.11.2013. The envelopes containing the application should be clearly superscribed “Application for recruitment against E. N. No.ECoR/RRC/D/2013″. Applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained.
For candidates belonging to Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep, the last date for receiving application by post will be 25.11.2013. They should also mention on the bottom-left portion of the envelope their complete ‘from-address’ so that it is possible to receive their applications by ordinary post.
1. Number and category of posts for which recruitment is to be conducted are indicated below :
|Trackman||Bee One||459||136||68||246||325||Not suitable for PWD candidates|
|Token Porter||Aye Two||81||24||12||44|
|Safaiwala / Hospital Attendant||Cee One||12||3||2||6||16||16||17|
- The break-up of total 49 Helper-II & Safaiwala / Hospital Attendant vacancies earmarked for Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) is as follows : (a) VH-16 ( Suitable for LV ); (b) HH-16 ( Suitable for HH ); (c) OH-17 ( Suitable for OA, OL, BL, OAL ).
- The number of vacancies notified is provisional and liable to be increased or decreased by the competent authority. No consequential damage / loss or refund of fee will be made to the applicant on this account.
- A candidate should submit only one application form, even if he / she intends to be considered for more than one or all categories of notified vacant posts.
- Details of abbreviations used in RRC ECR Notification 2013 : RRC – Railway Recruitment Cell; SRE – Serving Railway Employees; ECoR – East Coast Railway; PET – Physical Efficiency Test; UR – Unreserved; SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe; OBC – Other Backward Classes; PWD-Persons with Disabilities; OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped; VH – Visually Handicapped; HH – Hearing Handicapped; LV – Low Vision; OA – One Arm; OL – One Leg; BL – Both Legs; OAL – One Arm and One Leg.
2. Minimum Educational Qualification for ECR Jobs 2013 : Candidates must have passed 10th standard or ITI or equivalent from a recognized educational institution or Board. Candidate should possess requisite academic qualification on the date of submission of application. Those who are appearing at and / or awaiting results of final examination are not eligible.
3. Age Limits including Relaxation Provisions for RRC ECR Vacancies 2013 :
- The age limit will be minimum 18 years and maximum 33 years, and will be reckoned as on 01.01.2014.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed as under subject to the production of requisite certificates in the formats given in Annexures-I & II required for respective relaxations :
- By five years for SC / ST and by three years for OBC candidates.
- ‘Serving’ railway staff / casual labourers or substitutes with a minimum of 3 years of such service will be given age relaxation to the extent of length of service rendered by them, subject to the upper age limit not exceeding 40, 43, 45 years in case of General, OBC, SC / ST candidates respectively.
- In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organization such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Cooperative Societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of upper age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 5 years subject to the upper age limit not exceeding 35 years.
- For widows and divorced Women who are ‘judicially separated’ from their husband and not remarried, will be given relaxation in upper age limit up to 35, 38 and 40 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
- For candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of Jan. 1980 to the 31st day of Dec. 1989, will be given relaxation in upper age limit by 5 years, subject to production of a residential certificate from the competent authority of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The upper age will be relaxed for Persons with Disabilities by 10 years subject to production of Disability certificate as explained under Para-12(viii) of the notification.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex. Servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in Defence forces plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-Servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service or civil side after availing other benefits given to them as ex-servicemen cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment, and such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to such of the benefits like relaxation of age, etc. as admissible to Civil employees. Sons / Daughters / Wards of Ex-servicemen are not eligible to apply for the posts reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
4. List of authorities empowered to issue certificates of verification for SC / ST / OBC status :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / District Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First Class Stipendary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner ( not below the rank of First Class Stipendary Magistrate ).
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his family originally resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep Islands ).
5. Proof of Age for RRC ECR Jobs 2013 : The 10th standard or ITI or equivalent board certificate issued by a recognized Board / institution where the date of birth is mentioned.
6. Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
- This employment notice contains vacancies reserved for Ex-servicemen irrespective of their community against each category of post.
- The term ‘Ex-Serviceman’ means a person :
- who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non-combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union and who has retired from such services after earning his / her pension, but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces, or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded military service pension or other disability pension, or
- who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment are eligible to apply against this Employment Notice.
- Ex-servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including their community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof, as required. However, regardless of their community, ex-servicemen will be considered only against the ex-servicemen quota, to the extent available.
- Ex-Servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service or civil side after availing other benefits given to them as ex-servicemen cannot claim ex-servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment, and such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to such of the benefits like relaxation of age, etc. as admissible to Civil employees.
7. Serving Employees : A candidate serving under the government or Public Sector Enterprise / Undertaking, including Railways, may apply directly to RRC / ECoR with a “No Objection Certificate” and a ‘Certificate of Service Details’ from the employer concerned.
8. Examination Fee :
- UR and OBC candidates should submit application fee for an amount of 100/- in the form of Indian Postal Order from any Post Office ( issued on or after the date of this notification ) drawn in favour of “Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Applications received with cash / cheque / Demand Draft / Pay Order / Central Recruitment Fee Stamps and Money Orders will not be accepted and liable to be rejected and amount forfeited.
- The candidates are advised to write their name and postal address at the prescribed place on the IPO and enclose it on the top of the application form.
- The details of IPO for the examination fee should be written in the application form. Examination fee is not refundable under any circumstances including applications rejected.
- SC / ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate ( in the office letter head ) for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer upto the level of Tehsildar;
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency;
- BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways;
- Union Minister may also recommend to any persons from anywhere in the country;
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
- Minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ), who claim waiver of examination fee, should furnish “self declaration” in the format given at Annexure-III along with the application. At the time of document verification, such candidates will be required to furnish “minority community declaration” affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
9. Selection Procedure for RRC ECR Trackman Jobs 2013 :
- Selection will consist of Written Examination and Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ). Only those who qualify in the Written Test will have to appear for the Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ). The Written examination can be attempted in languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu and Oriya. There will be no interview. Final empanelment of the candidates for the required number of vacancies will be strictly on merit position obtained in the written examination duly following the community reservation rules for the earmarked quotas specified in this notification and their passing the Medical Examination of the prescribed standard and document / certificate verification.
- For PWD candidates, there is no Physical Efficiency Test but they have to appear in Written Test along with other candidates. Only those who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability will be considered as PWD candidate. They have to submit PWD certificate issued by a competent authority i.e. a medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing Locomotor / Cerebral / Visual / Hearing disability as the case may be.
- RRC / ECoR reserves the right to conduct second stage written examination if required.
- The marks obtained in the Written Exam will determine the ‘merit order’ of the candidates, whereas PET is of ‘qualifying’ in nature.
- Date, time and place of Written Examination and PET will be fixed based on administrative feasibility. No request for any change in time, date and centre of examination will be entertained on any account.
- Physical Efficiency Test Standards : The candidate should be able to perform following physical tasks : [a] for Male Candidates : Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance. [b] for Female Candidates : Should be able to run for a distance of 400 meters in 3 minutes 10 seconds in one chance.
- Written Exam Syllabus : Question paper for the written test shall be generally in conformity with the educational standard of 10th Class, consisting of multiple choice objective type questions, mainly aimed to assess general knowledge / general awareness / mathematics / general science / reasoning etc. Question paper shall be printed in five languages: Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya and Telugu only.
Note : RRC / ECoR and Railway administration will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidate during the selection, including PET. Candidates are advised to appear in PET in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid injury / damage / loss to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
- Medical Examination : The candidates in the zone of consideration after Written Examination, PET will be subjected to Document Verification and Medical Examination of prescribed medical standard, and only those who qualify in the medical examination will be considered for empanelment subject to fulfillment of other conditions.
- Date and venue of Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Document Verification and Medical Examination will be intimated by RRC / ECoR to eligible candidates by post. The RRC / ECoR at its discretion may hold additional written examination and / or Physical Efficiency Test or re-examination or cancel part or whole of the written examination and / or Physical Efficiency Test as the situation may warrant. Request for postponement of the Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Document Verification, Medical Examination and change of center / venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The inclusion of a candidate in the select panel published by RRC / ECoR does not confer any right to the candidate for actual appointment by the concerned appointing authority. Final appointment will be subject to such selected candidate being found suitable after antecedent verification etc. by the appointing authority as per rules.
- RRC / ECoR shall not be held responsible for any situation arising in case of any certificate / declaration submitted by the candidate being found false after verification at the time of actual appointment or later by the concerned authority.
10. Free Journey Railway Pass :
A free Second Class Railway Pass from nearest railway station ( as indicated by the candidate in the application ) to the place of examination and back will be issued to candidates belonging to SC / ST communities for appearing in the Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.