RRC East Central Railway Recruitment 2013 for Porter, Trackman and Helper-II – RRC ECR Railway Job Application
East Central Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Polson Complex, Digha Ghat,
Patna – 800 011.
Website : www.rrcecr.gov.in
Helpline Tele No. : 0612-2560029, 2560035
Opening Date for Submission of RRC ECR Application 2013 :02.09.2013
Closing Date for Submission of Application for RRC ECR Jobs 2013 : 14.10.2013 upto 18.00 Hrs.
Closing Date for Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands : 29.10.2013 upto 18.00 Hrs.
Open Recruitment to RRC ECR posts 2013 in Pay Band – 1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/-
Important Note for RRC ECR Recruitments 2013
Candidates should note that all the Zonal Railways are likely to issue separate Notifications for recruitment to the posts in Grade Pay 1800/-. Selection process shall be conducted simultaneously by all the Railways and the date of Written Test will be same for all Railways. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying for any particular Notification.
Railway Recruitment Cell, Patna invites applications from citizens of India and such other candidates declared eligible by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up the following posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/- in East Central Railway.
1. Name of Posts and Vacancies for which RRC East Central Railway recruitment is to be conducted
|S.No.||Category||Scale of Pay||Medical Category||Vacancies||EXM Quota||PH Quota|
|1||Porter||Pay Band 5200-20200 Grade Pay 1800 ( erstwhile Group "D" posts )||A-2||458||245||136||79||918||184||-||-||-|
|3||Helper-II ( Mech )||B-1||493||264||146||73||976||195||-||-||-|
|4||Helper-II ( S&T )||B-1||185||99||55||27||366||73||-||-||-|
|5||Helper-II ( Elect )||B-1||146||79||44||22||291||58||-||-||-|
|6||Gr. "D" ( Engg. )||B-1||237||127||70||35||469||94||-||-||-|
|7||Gr. "D" ( Store )||C-1||10||6||3||2||21||4||-||-||-|
Abbreviations Used : SC–Scheduled Caste; ST-Scheduled Tribe; OBC-Other Backward Classes; UR-Un-reserved; PWD – Person with Disability; PH – Physically Handicapped; VH-Visually Handicapped; HH-Hearing Handicapped; OH- Orthopedically Handicapped. COE- Centre of Excellence, EXM – Ex-Serviceman, PET-Physical Efficiency Test, Railway Board – Ministry of Railways ( Railway Board ), New Delhi.
Important Note for RRC East Central Railway Jobs 2013 :
- The number of vacancies is provisional. This may vary across categories and communities as per administrative requirements and directives of Railway Board.
- Vacancies for Ex-Servicemen have also been included in this notification.
- The above vacancies include the 3% PH Quota @ 1% each for OH, VH and HH. However, the posts against which selected PH Quota recruits will be finally appointed will be confined to the list of specified categories circulated by Railway Board.
2. Eligibility Criteria for RRC East Central Railway Vacancies 2013 :
2.1 Minimum Educational Qualification :
Candidates should possess the qualification of 10th Pass or ITI / Centre of Excellence ( COE ) or equivalent. Candidates appearing at and / or awaiting results of the final examinations of 10th / ITI / COE or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply. Educational Qualification must be from Recognized Institutions / Boards, otherwise candidature will be cancelled.
2.2 Age Limit for RRC ECR Railway Jobs 2013 :
2.2.1 The minimum age limit is 18 years and the upper age limit is 33 year as on 01.01.2014.
2.2.2 The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
- By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
- By 5 years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) – 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
- Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen in the age will be total Military service plus 3 years subject to completion of at least six months regular attested service.
- For the serving Railway Staff and Casual Laborers / Substitutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ). For those working in Quasi Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Cooperative Societies and Institutes, the community-wise relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum of 5 years.
- Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
- The upper age limit in case of course completed Act Apprentices applying for those posts whose minimum qualification is Course completed Act apprenticeship shall be relaxed to the extent of apprentice training undergone by them under the Apprenticeship Act 1961.
2.2.3 There shall be no relaxation in lower age limit.
2.2.4 Proof of Age :
(a) Matric Certificate issued by Board, or, (b) School Leaving Certificate counter signed by Inspector of Schools / Headmaster / District Education Officer.
3. Application Fee for RRC ECR Railway Jobs 2013 :
- 100/- ( One Hundred only ) payable in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order only, drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer ( RRC ), Railway Recruitment Cell, E.C.Railway, payable at Patna. Remittance of examination fee in any other form will not be accepted and application shall be summarily rejected solely on this ground. Indian Postal Order (s) should not have been issued earlier to the date of issue of this notification.
- Candidate should write his name and address on the place provided on the Indian postal order ( IPOs ). Examination Fees is not refundable and it cannot be adjusted for another examination under any circumstances.
3.1 The following categories are exempted from payment of RRC ECR examination fee 2013 :
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities
- Women candidates
- Candidates belonging to minority ( described in para 3.2 below ) communities
- Candidates belonging to economically backward class having annual family income of less than 50,000/-
- Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) or Physically Handicapped ( PH ) candidates.
3.2 Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of examination fee, candidates belonging to Minority community should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in Annexure-7 along with application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
3.3 Economically backward classes means the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. Such candidates have to submit Income Certificate in the format at Annexure-8 on the letter head / pad of the issuing authority and enclose with the application. If the original Income Certificate is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
3.4 Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
Definitions of Disabilities :
- Blindness : ‘Blindness’ refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely : (i) total absence of sight; or (ii) visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or (iii) limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
- Low vision : ‘Person with low vision’ means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- Hearing Impairment : ‘Hearing Impairment’ means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- Locomotor Disability : ‘Locomotor disability’ means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy : ‘Cerebral Palsy’ means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal or infant period of development.
- All the cases of orthopaedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of ‘locomotor disability or cerebral palsy’.
- Degree of Disability for Reservation : Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in posts who suffer from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority in the format given in Annexure- 5.
- Competent Authority to issue a Disability Certificate : The competent authority to issue a Disability Certificate shall be a medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be.
- Visually Handicapped candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe the candidate will have to suitably inform the Railway Recruitment Cell in advance as per Annexure- 6. The engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions :
- The candidates will have to arrange their own scribes at their own cost during examination. Separate admit cards will be issued to the scribes accompanying such candidates. Admit card should contain the particulars and photograph of the scribe duly signed by him / her.
- The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post for which recruitment is made.
- The candidates as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking ( Annexure-6 ) along with the application confirming that scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case it transpires later, that he / she did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of the examination. The candidate shall be responsible for any mis-conduct on the part of the scribe brought by him / her. The under taking should be submitted by the visually handicapped and the candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy along with his / her application.
- All one eyed candidates and VH candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as visually handicapped persons and the provision of engaging scribe shall not be applicable to them.
- Medical Examination : All selected candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway Medical Authority at the time of appointment and only those confirming to the medical standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions as the case may be, will be eligible for appointment.
4. Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
This employment notice contains vacancies reserved for Ex-servicemen irrespective of their community. The term Ex-Servicemen means a person :
- who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non-combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces and who has retired from such services after earning his / her pension or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded military service or other disability pension or
- who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment or
- the persons serving in the Armed Force of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex-Serviceman, may be permitted to apply for reemployment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the Uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed forces of the Union. Such service Personnel who are likely to be discharged from military service on or before 01.09.2014 are eligible to apply against this employment notice.
- Ex-Servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof, as required. However, regardless of community, ex-servicemen will be considered only against the ex-servicemen quota.
- Ex-servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the ex-servicemen quota in Central Government in PB-I + GP 1800/- will be given only age relaxation but will not be considered under ex-servicemen quota.