RRC Central Railway Recruitment 2015 Against Sports Quota
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Chief Project Manager ( Conv )’s Office Building,
Mumbai – 400 010.
Indian Railways have always held high records of National and International sports, and Central Railway is part of it.
|Closing Date and time of receipt of Applications.||30.09.2015 at 17.00 Hrs.|
|Closing Date & Time of receipt of applications for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep.||15.10.2015 at 17.00 Hrs.|
( Note : Applications received after closing date and time shall not be entertained. )
1. Applications are invited from the citizens of India for recruitment against open advertisement Sports Quota on Central Railway for the year 2015 – 16. The eligible candidates can apply in the prescribed proforma enclosed as Annexure ‘A’.
2. Particulars of Sports Discipline
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2800 / 2400/-.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Game||Events / Position||No. of Posts|
|01||Hockey ( Men )||Forward / Center Half / Back||1|
|02||Hockey ( Women )||Goal Keeper / Half Forward||1|
|03||Swimming / Diving ( Men )||Swimming-Back / Free / Butterfly|
Diving-High Board / Spring Board
|04||Volleyball ( Men )||Counter Attacker, Universal||1|
|05||Water polo ( Men )||All Rounder and Goal Keeper||1|
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2000 / 1900/-.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Game||Events / Position||No. of Posts|
|01||Athletics ( Men )||5000 / 10000 Meters||01|
|02||Athletics ( Women )||Javelin / Short put / Long Distance||01|
|03||Basketball ( Men )||All Rounder||01|
|04||Basketball ( Women )||Ball Handler / Pivot||01|
|05||Cricket ( Men )||Wicket Keeper, Left Arm Spinner, Batsman||01|
|06||Cricket ( Women )||Batsman / Left Arm Spinner||01|
|07||Football ( Men )||Forward / Defender||01|
|08||Hockey ( Men )||Forward / Center Half / Back||01|
|09||Hockey ( Women )||Goal Keeper / Half Forward||01|
|10||Kabaddi ( Women )||All Rounder / Raider / Corners||01|
|11||Power Lifting ( Men )||74 / 84 / 93 120 / + 120 KG||01|
|12||Swimming / Diving ( Men )||Swimming-Back / Free / Butterfly Diving-High Board / Spring Board.||01|
|13||Volley ball ( Men )||Counter Attacker, Universal||01|
|14||Water polo ( Men )||All Rounder and Goal Keeper||01|
|15||Weight Lifting ( Men )||77 / 85 / 94 KG||01|
|16||Wrestling ( GR / FS ) ( Men )||Greco Roman 66 / 80 / 98 / 130 KG Free Style 57 / 70 KG||01|
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 1800/-.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Game||Events / Position||No. of Posts|
|01||Athletics ( Men )||5000 / 10000 Meters.||01|
|02||Athletics ( Women )||Javelin / Short put / Long Distance||03|
|03||Basketball ( Women )||Ball Handler / Pivot||01|
|04||Body Building ( Men )||75 / 80 / + 90 / + 100 KG||02|
|05||Boxing ( Men )||56 / 91 KG||02|
|06||Bridge ( Men )||-||02|
|07||Cricket ( Men )||Wicket Keeper, Left Arm Spinner, Batsman||01|
|08||Cricket ( Women )||Batsman / Left Arm Spinner||01|
|09||Football ( Men )||Forward / Defender||01|
|10||Golf ( Men )||-||01|
|11||Hockey ( Men )||Forward / Center Half / Back||01|
|12||Kabaddi ( Men )||All Rounder / Right Corner / Left|
|13||Kabaddi ( Women )||All Rounder / Raider / Corners||02|
|14||Power Lifting ( Men )||74 / 84 / 93 120 / + 120 KG||01|
|15||Power Lifting ( Women )||47 / 57 KG||02|
|16||Swimming / Diving ( Men )||Swimming-Back / Free / Butterfly Diving-High Board / Spring Board||02|
|17||Water Polo||All Rounder and Goal Keeper||01|
|18||Weight Lifting ( Men )||77 / 85 / 94 KG||01|
|19||Weight Lifting ( Women )||58 / 63 / 69 / 75 + 75 KG||02|
|20||Wrestling ( GR/FS ) ( Men )||Greco Roman 66 / 80 / 98 / 130 KG Free Style 57 / 70 KG||02|
1. If vacancies in Grade Pay 2800 / 2400/- of particular sports discipline are not filled due to non-availability of suitable candidates, such vacancies will be filled in the lower Grade Pay 2000 – 1900/- of the same discipline where vacancies are notified.
2. There is no reservation for SC / ST / OBC.
3. RRC Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 Eligibility Conditions
3.1 Age Limit for RRC Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 : Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years as on 01.01.2016.
3.2 RRC Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 Educational Qualification :
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2800 / 2400/-
Minimum Graduation in any faculty by a recognised University.
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2000 / 1900/-
Minimum HSC / Intermediate / Equivalent by a recognized Board.
Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 1800/-.
Minimum SSC / Matriculation / ITI / Equivalent by a recognized Board.
3.3 Sports Performance :
For grant of Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2800 / 2400/-.
- Represented the country in Olympic Games ( Senior category ) or
- At least 3rd position in World Cup / World Championship ( Junior / Senior Category ) or
- At least 3rd position in Asian / Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category )
For grant of Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2000 / 1900/-.
- Represented the country in World Cup / World Championship ( Junior / Senior Category ) or
- Represented the country in Asian / Common wealth Games ( Senior Category ) or
- At least 3rd position in Common wealth / Asian Championship / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ) or
- At least 3rd position in South Asian Federations Games / USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ) or
- At least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or
- At least 3rd position in National Games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic Association or
- At least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championships organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities or
- 1st Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
For grant of Pay Band 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay of 1800/-.
- Represented the country in Common wealth / Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ) or
- Represented the country in South Asian Federations Games or
- At least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) or
- Represented a State or equivalent unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or
- At least 3rd position in Senior State Championships for all units and Districts of the State.
Additional acceptable sports achievements eligibility norms for certain disciplines notified :
- Athletics : Medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- Cricket :
- In cricket ( Men and Women ) at International level, representation of Main Indian Seniors Team in a Test Match or in a Limited Overs One Day International Match or in a Twenty – 20 Overs Match; shall also be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 2000 / 1900/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- In National level, following sports achievements in 4 days / One Day Limited Overs / Twenty – 20 Overs Men / Women Cricket Championship ( except Vizzy Trophy ); organised under the aegis of BCCI; will be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800/- or 1900/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 :
Sl.No. Details of Championship Category Minimum Sports Achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay 1. All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championships Senior / Youth ( U - 22 ) / Junior ( U - 19 ) Semi finalists of Elite Group Championships Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championships 2. All India Inter State Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Semi-finalists of All India knockout stage Participation in any stage 3. All India Inter Zonal Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Finalist Participation
- Golf :For recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay of 1800/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200, sportsperson having I.G.U. ranking from 100, subject to single handicap i.e. less than 10 ( In order of Merit / Amateur Merit list ) shall also be eligible for recruitment. Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes.
- Hockey : For recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200; at least 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations, shall be considered. Participation in these tournaments shall be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay of 1800/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
List of Junior National Championships recognized for recruitment against Central Railway Sports Quota Advertisement 2015
|Sr. No.||Discipline||Category||Details of Recognized Junior Championship|
|Age Group||Name of Championship|
|01||Aquatics ( Diving )||Men||Under - 18 ( Group - I )||Sub junior National Aquatics Championship.|
|02||Aquatics ( Swimming )||Men||Under - 17 ( Group - I )||Junior National Aquatics Championship|
|03||Aquatics ( Water polo )||Men||Under - 18||Junior National Aquatics Championship|
|04||Athletics||Men & Women||Under - 20||Junior National Athletics Championship|
|05||Basketball||Men & Women||Under - 18||Junior National Basketball Championship|
|06||Body Building||Men||Under - 21||Junior national Body Building Championship|
|07||Boxing||Men||Under - 16||Junior National Boxing Championship|
|08||Bridge||Men||Under - 25||Junior National Bridge Championship|
|09||Cricket||Men||Under - 22||Col. C.K. Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
|Under - 19||Cooach Behar Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
|Under - 19||Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State Championship )
|Under - 19||Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship )
|Women||Under - 19||Inter State All India Knock Out / Inter State Zonal Tournament ( One Day Limited Overs Championship )|
|Under - 19||All India Inter Zonal Tournament ( One Day Limited Overs Championship )
|10||Football||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy|
|11||Golf||Men||Under - 18||Junior and Sub-Junior National Golf Championship
|12||Hockey||Men||Under - 21||Junior ( Under – 21 ) National Hockey Championship|
|Women||Under - 19||Junior National Hockey Championship|
|13||Kabaddi||Men & Women||Under - 19||Junior National Kabaddi Championship|
|14||Power Lifting||Men & Women||Under - 23||Junior National Power lifting Championship
|15||Volley ball||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Power lifting Championship|
|16||Weight Lifting||Men & Women||Under - 20||Junior National Weight Lifting Championship|
|17||Wrestling||Men & Women||Under - 20||Junior National Wrestling Championship|
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federations and recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
- In team sports, only sports persons who have actually played the sport in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports / event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Accordingly, candidates will have to produce a certificate from the recognised sports organisation / federation showing that he / she has actually been a playing player.
Note : Sports performance will be adjudged on the basis of the participation in sports events on or after 01.04.2013.
4. RRC Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 Selection Procedure :
- Selection will be conducted through trial and interview.
- Candidates must bring original certificates of Date of Birth, Educational Qualification and Sports related Certificates on the day of trial and interview, without which they shall not be permitted to appear in the same.
- No TA / DA / Accommodation will be provided during trial / interview. Candidates should bring their own sports kit. A candidate may have to stay for 2 – 3 days during selection for which he / she has to make his / her own arrangements. The Railway Administration has right to determine a valid date, postpone trial / interview, change the place or cancel the trial / interview due to unforeseen reasons and this cannot be challenged by any candidate.
- The successful candidates will be posted at the discretion of the Competent Authority and subject to availability of vacancies.
5. RRC Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 Application Procedure :
- Candidates should carefully read all the instructions given in the Employment Notification before filling the application form. Application form in annexure ‘A’ shall be submitted on A-4 sized good quality paper. The application should be eligible, in English / Hindi language, filled by the applicant in his / her own handwriting in English / Hindi language only. The applications other than English / Hindi language will be rejected summarily. The applications should be signed in running letter. The applications signed in Capital Letters shall be rejected summarily. The applicant has to affix his / her recent passport sized colored photograph on the application in the space provided for the purpose duly attested by him / her i.e. partially on the photograph and partially on the application. Serving Government employees should send their applications through proper channel duly forwarded by their Controlling Officials. The last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However, an advance copy of the application can also be submitted. ( Detailed Notification and Application form in Annexure ‘A’ can be downloaded from RRC’s website : www.rrccr.com or www.rrccr.gov.in )
- Sports persons, who fulfill the above eligibility conditions, may send their applications in Annexure ‘A’ along with self attested copies of enclosure as per para 7 of the Notification.
- An individual should apply only for one game and the name of the game should be written on the envelope in capital letters. In case an individual applies for more than one Game, the application is liable to be rejected without opening the envelope.
- Merely fulfilling the eligibility conditions does not guarantee selection of the candidates. They shall be selected only if they are found fit in the Central Railway Team.
6. A. RRC CR Sports Quota Application Fee 2015 :
- RRC CR Sports Quota application fee for Unreserved and OBC candidates is 100/-. The examination fee for RRC CR Sports Quota 2015 should be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) from any Post Office, drawn in favour of and payable at as follows.
SPO ( RT ), Central Railway, Mumbai & Payable at Mumbai.
- Remittance of application fee in any other form except Indian Postal Order will not be accepted.
- IPOs issued before the date of issue of Employment notice or after the closing date will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- The particulars of Indian Postal Order submitted as application fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the application form.
- Candidates must write their name, full address at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
- The application fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances.
B. RRC Central Region Fee Exemptions :
SC / ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen, Women Candidates, Persons with Disabilities, Minority candidates*, and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes** are exempted from payment of application fees.
*Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ).
For claiming exemption from the application fee, Minority candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in Annexure – ‘B’ along with application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming exemption of application fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
**Economically Backward Classes ( EBC ) will mean the candidates whose Family Income is less than 50,000/- per Annum.
The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying Economically Backward Classes ( EBC ) :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL card or any other certificate issued by the Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Members of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside. The Income Certificate issued by the Authorities mentioned above would have to be in Annexure – ‘C’ and enclosed with the application form.
7. Whom to Apply for RRC CR Sports Quota 2015 :
The SSC Central Region Sports Quota application 2015 completed in all respect along with the required enclosures, duly attached / tied, should be sent in a cover addressed to “Senior Personnel Officer ( RT ), Central Railway, Chief Personnel Officer’s Office, General Manager’s Building, 1st Floor, Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai – 400 001″. SSC Central Region Sports Quota Application 2015 should be sent by ordinary post or dropped in Box kept in the above office for this purpose. The cover containing the SSC Central Region Sports Quota application 2015 should clearly be superscribed as follows :
a) “Recruitment against Sports Quota 2015 – 16, Central Railway”.
b) Game applied for ___ in Grade Pay ___.
8. Other Matters
- The candidates already employed in Central / State / PSUs including Railways should submit their applications through proper channel, duly submitting Service Certificate and No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) from the employer.
- Before applying to the post, candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the all eligibility conditions prescribed in the Notification and he / she is required to enclose all necessary documents along with his / her application. No any document shall be entertained at the further stage of recruitment and the RRC / CR reserves rights to reject any application, not fulfilling the eligibility condition / conditions, at any stage of recruitment.
- The selection of the candidate by the Railway Administration does not confer any prescriptive right on the candidate for the post.
- If there is any change in the address, the candidate in his own interest should arrange with the post office concerned for redirection of the communication from old to new address.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of Trials, allotment of posts to selected candidates, etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence in this regard will be entertained by the Railway Administration.
- The Railway Administration is not responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery.
- The Railway administration reserves the right to rectify inadvertent error, omission, if any.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite Medical Fitness Test as per the standards prescribed for the selected post.
- The Railway administration reserves rights to rectify inadvertent error or omission at any stage of recruitment and an erroneously appointed candidate shall liable to be summarily removed from Railway Service.