Railway Recruitment Cell,
Chennai – 600 008.
Recruitment against Sports Quota ( Open Advertisement ) for the year 2015 – 2016.
Closing Date for Receipt of RRC Southern Railway 2015 Applications : 21.09.2015 at 17:00 hrs.
Closing Date and Time for residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and candidates residing abroad : 06.10.2015 at 17:00 hrs.
1. Railway Recruitment Cell Southern Railway 2015 applications are invited in the prescribed format from Indian citizens, for recruitment to posts having pay band – 1 of 5,200 – 20,200 in Southern Railway, against Sports Quota through Open Advertisement for the year 2015 – 2016, in the following Games / Events :
|Sl. No.||Sport||Position / Event / Category||Grade Pay|
|Grade Pay 1900 & above|
|1||Athletics - Men||100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M, 5000M, 10000M, 4x100M, 4x400M, 110M ( H ), 400M ( H ), Marathon, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Hammer Throw, 20km Walk.||3||2|
|2||Athletics - Women||100M, 200M, 400M, 800M and 1500M, 100M ( H ), 400M Hurdles, 20 Km Walk, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Heptathlon, Discuss Throw, Shot Put, Hammer Throw||4||2|
|3||Ball Badminton - Men||Left Front, Left Back, Centre, Right Front||1||1|
|4||Basket Ball - Men||Pivot, Forward||3||1|
|5||Basket Ball - Women||Pivot, Ball Handler, Forward||1||1|
|6.||Billiards & Snooker - Men||Billiards Player||-||1|
|7.||Body Building - Men||55 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 85 kg||2||1|
|8.||Boxing - Men||56 kg, 60 kg, 81 kg, 91 kg, +91 kg||3||1|
|9.||Cricket - Men||Medium Fast Bowler||4||1|
|10.||Cricket - Women||Left arm spinner, Wicket keeper & Batswoman||3||-|
|11.||Cycling - Men||Time Trial Rider 1000 m / 1km individual pursuit rider 4000 m / 4 km||2||1|
|12.||Football - Men||Defenders, Forwards, Goal Keeper||4||1|
|13.||Gymnastics - Men||All rounders||1||1|
|14.||Hockey - Men||Goal keeper, Full back, Forward||3||1|
|15.||Power Lifting - Men||59Kg, 66Kg, 74Kg, 83Kg, 93 Kg, 105Kg, 120 Kg and +120Kg||2||1|
|16.||Swimming - Men||400M, 800M & 1500M - Free style|
50M, 100M & 200M - Breast stroke
50M, 100M & 200M - Back stroke
50M, 100M & 200M - Butterfly
200M & 400M - Individual Medley
|17.||Volley Ball - Women||Blocker, Setter, Universal||2||2|
|18.||Volley Ball - Men||Blocker||1||-|
|19.||Water polo||Centre Forward, Goalkeeper||1||1|
|20.||Weight Lifting - Men||56kg, 85kg, 94kg, +105kg||2||1|
- No post is exclusively reserved for any community such as OBC, SC & ST etc.
- Candidates applying for more than one Game / Event shall submit separate applications with separate IPOs / DDs and complete documents for each Game / Event.
2. Age Limit for RRC Southern Railway Sports Quota 2015 : 18 to 25 years as on 01.01.2016. i.e. sports person should have been born between 02.01.1991 and 01.01.1998.
Note : No relaxation in Lower or Upper age limit is permissible.
3. Posts and Educational Qualification :
- Pay Band and Grade Pay wise distribution is as detailed below :
Grade Pay South Railway Open Advertisement 2800 & 2400 5 2000 & 1900 16 1800 46 Total 67
- Sports persons must possess the minimum educational qualification, as applicable to the post to which the sports person is to be appointed.
- The minimum educational qualification required for recruitment in the Railways :
- For posts with grade pay 1800 : 10th pass or ITI or equivalent.
- For posts with grade pay 1900 / 2000 : 12th ( +2 stage ).
- For posts with grade pay 2400 / 2800 : Graduate.
- Specific grade pay of post in pay band 5,200 – 20,200 and place of posting will be decided by the Southern Railway administration at the time of offering appointment to the selected candidates based on the following :
- Availability of posts,
- Educational qualifications,
- Sports achievements &
- Minimum qualifying marks obtained in the recruitment process.
- No relaxation in minimum educational qualification shall be permissible.
- Persons, if appointed to the category of Clerk-cum-Typist should acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi within a period of 4 years from the date of appointment and till such time their appointments to this category will be provisional.
4. Sports Achievements :
a. Categorization of International Championships :
|Category - A||Olympic Games ( Senior Category )|
|Category - B||World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Games ( Senior Category )
Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category )
|Category - C||Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category )
USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category )
b. Minimum Norms for Recruitment of Sports Persons :
The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sports persons in different grade pay and pay bands, for both team and individual events shall be as under :
( Note : These provisions shall be read along with Notes given below this para. )
|Sl.No.||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Pay Band||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|(i)||PB - 1||2,800 (or) 2,400||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ) ( or )
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - B Championships / events, except Gold Medal in Asian Games.
|(ii)||PB - 1||2,000 ( or ) 1,900||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - B Championships / events ( or )
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - C Championships / event ( or )
At least 3rd Position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships ( or )
At least 3rd Position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association ( or )
At least 3rd Position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities ( or )
1st Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category )
|(iii)||PB - 1||1,800||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - C Championships /events ( or )
At least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) ( or ) Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships ( or )
At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championships for all Units and Districts of the State
Notes ( Read with para 4.b above )
- In team games, the submission of certificate by the candidate for actual participation in the field of play, in the event under consideration for recruitment, is mandatory.
- In Athletics; medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having grade pay 1,900 in pay band 5,200 – 20,200.
- In cricket ( Men and Women ) at International level; representation of main Indian seniors team in a test match or in a limited overs one day international match or in a twenty – 20 overs match; shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having grade pay 1,900 or 2,000 in pay band 5,200 – 20,200.
In Cricket at National Level, following sports achievements in 4 days / one day limited overs / twenty 20 overs men / women cricket championships ( except vizzy trophy ); organised under the aegis of BCCI; shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having grade pay of 1800 or 1900 in pay band 5200 – 20200.
S.No. Details of Championships Category Minimum Sports Achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay 1,900 / 2,000 1,800 (i) All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championships Senior / Youth ( U - 22 ) / Junior ( U - 19 ) Semi - finalist of Elite Group Championships Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championships (ii) All India Inter State Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Semi - finalists of All India knockout stage Participation in any stage (iii) All India Inter Zonal Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Finalist Participation
- In Hockey : For recruitment against the posts having grade pay 1,900 or 2,000 in pay band 5,200 – 20,200; at least 2nd position in the International tournaments of four or more nations, shall also be considered. Participation in these tournaments shall be considered for recruitments against the posts having Grade Pay 1800 in pay band 5200 – 20200.
- All the recruitments under Open Advertisement shall be in the minimum of the Pay Scale. In Gymnastics and Boxing certificates issued by association of Indian Universities and International Federation will only be permissible. Hockey India shall be treated as the recognised National Sports Federation for the purpose of recruitment.
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognised International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognised by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- For recruitment of sports persons, on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National Championships, the age groups as mentioned below shall only be considered.
List of Junior National Championships recognised by Railway Sports Promotion Board.
SI.No. Discipline Category Details of recognised Junior National Championship Age Group Name of Championship 1. Athletics Men Under - 20 Junior National Athletics Championship Women Under - 20 2. Ball Badminton Men Under - 19 Junior National Ball Badminton Championship 3. Basketball Men Under - 18 Junior National Basketball Championship Women Under - 18 4. Billiards & Snooker, 8 Ball & 9 Ball Pool Men Under - 21 Junior National Billiards & Snooker Championship Under - 21 Junior National 8 Ball & 9 Ball Pool Championship 5. Body Building Men Under - 21 Junior National Body Building Championship 6. Cricket Men Under - 25 / Under - 23 Col. C.K. Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
( Under - 25 recognised from the year 2012 - 13 )
( Under - 23 recognised from the year 2014 - 15 )
Under - 19 Cooach Behar Trophy ( Inter State Championship ) Under - 19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State Championship ). Under - 19 Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship ). Women Under - 19 Inter State All India Knock Out / Inter State Zonal Tournament ( One Day Limited Overs Championship ) Under - 19 All India Inter Zonal Tournament ( One Day Limited Overs Championship ) 7. Cycling Men Under - 19 National Track Cycling Championship ( for all age groups ) National Road Cycling Championship ( for all age groups ) 8. Football Men Under - 19 Junior National Football Championship for B.C.Roy Trophy. 9. Hockey Men Under - 21 Junior ( Under - 21 ) National Hockey Championship 10. Powerlifting Men Under - 23 Junior National Powerlifting Championship 11. Volleyball Men Under - 19 Junior National Volleyball Championship Women Under - 19 12. Swimming Men Under - 17 Junior National Aquatics Championship 13. Waterpolo Men Under - 18 Junior National Aquatics Championship 14. Weightlifting Men Under - 20 Junior National Weightlifting Championship
c. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievements :
In team / group / relay events / games submission of certificates, issued by National Sports Federation, Indian Olympic Association and Association of Indian Universities for actual participation in the field play, in the event under consideration for recruitment is mandatory. The recognised sports achievements shall be in the current and / or immediate previous two financial years and sports persons shall be an active player. For the purpose, previous two financial years from the date of notification shall be taken into account.
- The sports achievements on or after 01.04.2013 shall only be considered for appointment.
- For this purpose, the concluding day of the championship shall be taken into account.