RailTel Corporation of India Ltd ( RCIL ) Recruitment 2016 for General Manager, Additional General Manager
Railtel Corporation of India Limited,
( A Government of India Undertaking under Ministry of Railways ).
Regd Office :
6th Floor, Tower-III,
Delhi Technology Park,
Delhi – 110 053.
Corporate Office :
Plot no. 143, Sector-44,
Gurgaon – 122 003.
Website : www.railtelindia.com,
CIN : U64202DL2000GOI107905.
Sub : Vacancy Notice for Filling the Posts of General Manager ( Operation Support System / Business Support System ) and Additional General Manager ( Operation Support System / Business Support System ).
RailTel Corporation, a “Mini Ratna ( Category – I )” PSU under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure provider in the country owning a pan-India optic fibre network on exclusive Right of Way ( ROW ) along railway tracks. The OFC network covers all important town and cities of the country and several rural areas covering 70% of India’s population.
1.1 Equipped with an ISO 9001:2008 certification, RailTel offers a wide gamut of managed telecom services to Indian telecom market. The services include managed lease lines, tower co-location, MPLS based IP – VPN, Internet and NGN based voice carriage services to telecom operators. In addition, RailTel with its experience in the domain of Telecom and ICT field have been selected for implementation of various
mission-mode government projects in the telecom field. Under such incentives RailTel is rolling out National Knowledge Network ( NKN ), National Optical Fiber Network ( NOFN ) and North-East OFC projects under USOF.
1.2 In connection with the activities of RailTel pertaining to creation of OSS / BSS, provisioning, feasibility, inventory management, SLA monitoring etc. of complete network of DWDM / MPLS / SDH / PTN etc., applications are invited for filling the following posts :
|Post code||Name / level of the post||Number of posts for filling||Pay Scale of post||Mandatory Educational / Professional qualifications ( on the last date of receipt of applications )|
|01||General Manager ( OSS / BSS ) ( E - 8 )||02 ( two ) ( Unreserved )||51300 - 73000 - IDA ( 2nd PRC )||Bachelor degree in Engineering in Electronics or Electronics & Comm. / Telecom or Electrical & Electronics or Information Technology or Computer Science or in any other subject where Electronics is the main discipline ( like Electronics & Instrumentation ).|
|02||Additional General Manager ( OSS / BSS ) ( E - 7 ).||02 ( two ) ( Unreserved )||43200 - 66000 - IDA ( 2nd PRC )|
- All educational / professional qualifications should have been acquired from a recognized university / deemed university / autonomous institutions incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or UGC Act or from institutions recognized by AICTE or any other accrediting organisation under the Government of India.
- The selected applicant would be liable to be posted / transferred any where in India in administrative interest, preferably Delhi / NCR.
2. Mandatory Experience Criteria : Experience of 20 years or more for GM level ( 17 years or more for Addl.GM level ) on the last date of receipt of applications after obtaining Engineering degree ( training / internships not included ) in Telecom / IT and dealing with Central / State Govt. Deptts. and PSUs. The applicant should have worked in an organisation having annual turnover of 100 crore or more. The experience in Central / State Govt / PSUs / Private Sector together will be taken into consideration. The candidates are required to have experience in Operation Support System / Business Support System ( OSS / BSS ) and its sub-systems viz., Network Inventory, Billing, OMS, Mediation, Payments, Service packages and discounting, Rating, Online rating, CRM and Work-flow Management, Provisioning etc. in large IT and Telecom Transformation Projects.
2.1 Such a person, who has already resigned from Government / PSU / Private entity and is not presently working anywhere, is also eligible to apply, subject to the condition that the duration of gap between the date of his relinquishing services from his last employer and the date of closing of receipt of application in RailTel is not more than six months in any case. Such applicant will also have to fulfil all the eligibility conditions for the post and produce all the documents to substantiate his eligibility for the post.
3. Maximum Age Limit for RCIL Jobs 2016 : 56 years on the last date of receipt of applications.
4. Benefits :
- The appointment will be made at the minimum of the scale of pay plus dearness allowance ( IDA ) from time to time. Other benefits like HRA / lease, medical benefits, EPF, gratuity, leave encashment, performance related pay etc. shall be as per extant rules of RailTel.
- In case any serving regular Govt / PSU employee is selected for the said post, the pay drawn in the parent deptt will be protected, only if his application to RailTel for the said post has been submitted through proper channel ( or ‘No Objection Certificate’ has been issued for applying for the said post ) and he is relieved from his parent deptt to join RailTel.
5. Job Descriptions : To assist for Operations Support System / Business Support System ( OSS / BSS ) starting from tendering stage till implementation and it sub-systems viz., Network Inventory, Billing, Rating, Online rating, OMS, Mediation, Provisioning, Payments, Service packages and discounting, CRM and Work-flow Management for DWDM / SDH / MPLS / PTN technologies.
6. RCIL Recruitment Selection Procedure 2016 : Final selection will be made on the basis of interview of shortlisted applicants at the discretion of the management.
6.1 The selected applicant will have to undergo pre-appointment medical examination as per RailTel’s standards and a detailed background check successfully. 6.2 It if it found that some wrong information has been furnished or some vital information, on the basis of which the selection has been made, has been concealed by the applicant, his candidature will be liable to be cancelled. If such applicant has been selected / appointed, such selection / appointment will be terminated without any show cause notice at any point of time of his employment in RailTel.
6.3 The selected applicant will have to submit a self-attested copy of Indian passport and Aadhar Card within a period of three month of joining RailTel’s service.
7. Period of Probation : One year. The period of probation shall be regulated as per extant RailTel’s rules / instructions issued from time to time.
8. Service Bond with Surety : The selected applicant will have to execute a service bond of two lakh to serve RailTel for a period of three years from the date of joining. The service agreement has to be signed by one surety and two witnesses.
9. How to Apply for RCIL Vacancies 2016 :
- Only applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria should submit their application in the proforma attached as Annexure – I to this notice, enclosing self attested copies of all educational / professional certificates and documents in support of date of birth, service / experience, turnover of their company ( as detailed above ), caste ( In case belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) community ) to the following address :Dy. General Manager ( P&A ),
Plot no. 143, Sector-44,
Gurgaon – 122 003.
So as to reach by 18.00 hrs of 02.02.2016. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as ‘Application for the post of ___________’. Applications received after stipulated date and time shall be summarily rejected.
- The applicant presently working in the Govt. Departments / PSUs is required to forward his application through his parent department. In case, there is likely to be any delay in forwarding the application through proper channel, such applicant may submit his application to RailTel and intimate his department regarding his submitting application to RailTel. In such a case, he will be required to produce a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from his department at the time of interview. Selected applicant will be allowed to join RailTel Corporation only after he is duly relieved by his parent organization.
- A demand draft of 1000/- ( 500/- in case of SC / ST ) drawn in favour of ‘RailTel Corporation of India Limited’ payable at New Delhi is also to be attached with application towards processing charges. The fee once received shall not be returned in any circumstances. No action will be taken on applications received after last date of receipt of applications and neither the fee received with these applications nor the applications shall be returned. No fee will be returned in case of applicants not shortlisted for selection process / selected nor shall it be reserved for any further selection process. No correspondence regarding return of fee shall be entertained.
- Applications incomplete in any respect or without processing fee shall be rejected summarily. Also, no correspondence will be made with applicants any stage regarding deficiency in applications.
- Applicants should also attach a separate CV detailing their history of employment and experience.
- Applicants attending interview will be reimbursed to and fro First Class AC train fair or actual expenditure incurred by them for attending the interview, whichever is less.
- All information / corrigendum etc. regarding this vacancy notice / selection process shall be posted only on the official website of RailTel Corporation of India limited and all communications to applicants regarding schedule of examination / interview etc. shall be sent through email only.