RCIL Recruitment 2016 for District Manager, Help Desk Support Engineer L2, VC Engineer
Railtel Corporation of India Limited
( A Government of India Undertaking under Ministry of Railways )
Regd Office : 6th Floor, Tower-III,
Delhi IT Park, Shastri Park,
New Delhi – 110053.
Corporate Office : Plot no. 143,
Gurgaon – 122003.
website : www.railtelindia.com.
RailTel Corporation of India Limited is a Mini-Ratna ( Category-I ) Public Sector Undertaking under Government of India. It is the largest Neutral Telecom Infrastructure provider of India with a strong footprint in diverse fields of OFC based SDH and IP networks, Tower Co location, Retail Broadband (RailWire), Data Centre, Telepresence and many more. With a huge network of Optic Fiber Cable spread across the length and breadth of the country.
We are looking for dynamic professionals on contract basis in following positions, for which applications are invited from Indian citizens :
1. RCIL Job Position / Number of Vacancies / Location :
Post Code : H-4
Job Position : District Manager
No. of Posts : 5
Location : Any District in Haryana
Post Code : H-5
Job Position : ‘Help Desk Support Engineer L2 / VC Engineer’/ ‘District Technicians’
No. of Posts : 16
Location : Any District in Haryana
- Number of RCIL vacancies and their locations are liable to change depending on the project requirement.
- Rules of reservation of posts for reserved community candidates would be applied to the extent possible as per government instructions of application of the scheme of reservation in work charged posts.
- The selections on the above posts are for projects in Haryana / Chandigarh. No request from any candidate for his/her posting / transfer outside Haryana / Chandigarh will be entertained. However, RailTel reserves the right to utilize the services of any selected candidate at anyplace in India as per administrative exigencies.
2. Tenure of Contract : The period of contract shall be upto September, 2018 which may be extended further on mutual consent based on requirement. However, the contract may be terminated at any point of time depending on requirement of the project and performance of the contract employee, company or in administrative exigencies.
3. Last date of receipt of RCIL application Date : 10th June, 2016 ( 6:00 P.M. )
4. RCIL Essential Qualifications & Other Eligibility Criteria : The applicant should satisfy eligibility criteria regarding educational / professional qualifications, length of experience, Job Description / Key Responsibilities, Skills / Key Experience required etc
- All the above-mentioned mandatory educational / professional qualifications should be from a recognized university / deemed university / autonomous institutes incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or UGC Act or from Government approved / recognized institutions.
- Experience gained after obtaining the minimum educational qualification prescribed for the post will be taken into consideration for ascertaining eligibility for the post. Period spent as apprentice which may be essential for obtaining the degree / diploma / certificate will not count towards experience for the purpose of recruitment.
- Crucial date for determining eligibility with reference to length of post – qualification experience and others: Applicants should possess the requisite length of post – qualification experience and should meet other eligibility criteria as on Date : 1st July, 2016
- For computing the length of experience ( wherever prescribed ) the experience in Central / State Government / PSUs / Private sector together shall be taken into consideration.
5. Remuneration : The maximum Cost to Company ( including allowances ) / remunerations applicable to the posts. Statutory deductions on account of EPF ( Employees’ share ), Income Tax, Professional Tax, etc. shall be made from the gross salary. The remuneration for the post at postcode H-5 shall be negotiable and a higher salary may be considered depending upon educational qualification, length and nature of experience, last salary being drawn etc. of the candidate.
6. RCIL Scheme of Selection : Selection process involves written test of MCQ type and/or interview to be decided subsequently and medical examination.
Tentatively, Railtel Corporation of India Limited written examination will be held in Chandigarh on Date : 26th June, 2016 ( Sunday ). The results of the written test will be declared on the same evening on RailTel’s website. The interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held on 27th / 28th June, 2016 ( Monday / Tuesday ). Any change in the schedule will be displayed at RailTel’s website. The candidates should keep checking RailTel’s website (www.railtelindia.com) for updated position pertaining to this selection.
7. Service Bond : The selected candidates will have to execute a service bond, with “Surety”, for an amount equal to three months’ gross remuneration, to serve RailTel for a period upto September, 2018, from the date of their joining. In the event of one’s failure to serve RailTel for the bond period, he/she will be required to deposit the bond amount forthwith.
8. Resignation : Three months advance notice shall be required before seeking resignation from RailTel. The notice period shall not absolve him of the bond liability.
9. How to Apply for RCIL Recruitment 2016 : The candidates will have to apply in physical form in the prescribed application format of this vacancy notice and send their applications complete in all respect with all relevant self-attested documents / testimonials and application processing fee in the form of a demand draft of 300/- ( 150/- for SC/ST ) drawn in favour of ‘RailTel Corporation of India Limited’ payable at ‘Delhi’ by post to the following address :
Regional General Manager,
RailTel Corporation of India Limited,
6th Floor, Tower-III,
Delhi Technology Park,
Shastri Park, Delhi-110053.
The Vacancy Code and name of the post applied for should invariably be superscribed on the envelope as ‘Postcode………….; Name of Post………… RailTel will not be responsible for non-receipt of their application or any postal delay in receipt thereof of any account whatsoever.
One envelope should contain only one application. The responsibility to establish eligibility for the post applied for with reference to all the prescribed eligibility conditions rests with the applicant. Applications which are not in proper format, without application fee, without indicating name of the post applied for on the application form or without proper / sufficient documents pertaining to educational / professional qualifications / length of experience etc. shall be summarily rejected without any correspondence with the applicant.
Candidates should apply for only one post as the process of selection for all the posts is to be held simultaneously.
Railtel Corporation of India Limited applications without the name of the post applied for indicated thereon are liable to be rejected summarily.
No application will be accepted through e-mail, fax etc.
Candidate should keep a copy of his/her application with him for records before sending it to RailTel.
10. Railtel Corporation of India Limited Other Instructions :
- Issue of Railtel Corporation of India Limited Admit Card for written examination / call letters for interview : List of candidates provisionally eligible for written examination shall be displayed on RailTel’s website. Also, admit Card for written examination/Call Letters for interview shall be sent through e-mail. In case of non-receipt of call letter for written test/ interview, the provisionally eligible candidate should present himself / herself for written test/ interview with a copy of his/her self-attested application, one original identity proof ( Aadhar card / driving license / passport / election I-card ) alongwith one self-attested copy thereof and one self-attested recent photograph.
- Candidates currently serving in Government / Quasi Government offices / Public Sector Undertakings are required to seek prior permission from their employers to apply for any of the notified vacancies and shall have to submit “No Object Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, failing which they shall not been allowed to appear in interviews and their candidatures shall be treated as cancelled.
- On final selection for contractual appointment in RailTel, such a candidate, who has been working in Government / PSU / private entity in any capacity, should produce the document conveying the acceptance of his/her resignation from service of his/her last employer. In the absence of such document, he shall not be allowed to join RailTel service.
- Railtel Corporation of India Limited Admit Cards / Call Letters for written test and/or interview issued to the candidates shall be provisional. However, in case any ineligible candidate has been issued admit card and had appeared in the written examination or even called for the interview or allowed to join the RailTel, his/her candidature will automatically be treated as cancelled at any stage of this recruitment / contractual service in RailTel on grounds of his/her ineligibility. Therefore, before submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria as laid down in this vacancy notice. His/her candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications before or after his/her contractual appointment in RailTel.
- The decision of RailTel about the mode of selection / scheme of examination, number of vacancies, reservation of posts, eligibility conditions, shortlisting of candidates for written test/interview etc shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Applicants should note that contract appointment on any of the posts will not confer any lien and/or right on selected candidates for regularization of his/her services in RailTel or grant of any other benefit / compensation allowed to regular employees of RailTel.
11. Verification of Documents : The candidate called for written test and/or interview shall be required to produce original documents relating to educational qualifications, experience, caste certificates etc for verification and also to submit self-attested photocopies thereof at the time of interview. Such documents shall be listed in the interview call letter. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt or he is not able to produce the requisite documents or there is mismatch of information in the documents or he/she is found ineligible for the post applied for or any other claim made in this application if found to be incorrect, he will not be allowed to appear in the interview and his/her candidature will be treated as cancelled.
12. SC/ST/OBC ( Non-Creamy layer ) Certificate : Reservation of post for ST/ST/OBC will be as per Government of India for work charged posts. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC ( Non –Creamy Layer ) category should submit an attested copy of Caste / Tribe / community certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of interview. The original certificate shall be produced for verification. Proforma of relevant certificate is available on RailTel’s website under the link ‘career’. Position of castes / categories entitled for reservation of posts as on the last date of receipt of applications shall be applicable.
13. Travelling Expenses : No traveling expenses will be paid to the candidates for appearing in written test and / or interview.
14. Railtel Corporation of India Limited Application Processing fee once received shall not be returned in any circumstances. No action will be taken on applications received after the last date of receipt of applications and neither the fee received with such applications nor the applications will be returned. No fee will be returned in case of applications not shortlisted for written examination / interview / selected nor shall it be kept in reserve for any further selection process in RailTel. No correspondence from such applicants and from ineligible candidates will be entertained regarding return of application processing fee.
15. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
16. The process of examination / recruitment does not involve any correspondence by RailTel with candidate at any stage regarding deficiency in application / documents / payment of examination fee etc. It shall be responsibility of the candidate to satisfy himself / herself as to his/her fulfilling the eligibility criteria, and also to furnish correct, complete and desired information / documents etc. Applicant should attach self-attested photocopies of requisite documents with his/her application so as to substantiate his/her eligibility for the post beyond any doubt. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates found ineligible or not shortlisted and thus not called for written test/interview or for their non-selection
17. Documents to be attached with applications : The candidate should attach the following documents with his/her application. However, more documents may be attached to establish eligibility for the post beyond any doubt.
- Matriculation Certificate ( for age proof ).
- Certificates and all mark-sheets in support of the required technical qualification.
- Certificates and all mark-sheet in support of higher technical / professional qualifications, if any.
- Certificates in proof of experience, clearly indicating the length and field of experience. ( If an experience certificate is not available in case of any previous employer, the copies of offer of appointment alongwith first and last pay-slips shall be acceptable to ascertain the length of experience under that employer ).
- Caste certificate ( In case applicant belongs to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ).
- Copy of the appointment letter in support of appointment to the post in the organization in which currently working along with valid Identity card / current pay slip issued by the company.
- Photo I.D. proof and address proof ( Passport / Aadhar Card / Driving License / PAN card / Voter I. Card ) issued by Central / State Government.