Northern Railway Recruitment 2015 for Group D against Sports Quota
Northern Railway Applications are invited from eligible Candidates for recruitment to fill up ( 05 ) Five posts in PB – 1 Grade 5200 – 20200 + G.P. 1800 ( NPS ) erstwhile Group ‘D’ against Sports Quota on Ambala Division for the year 2015 – 16 on the prescribed application form as given. Candidates who possess the requisite standard in the discipline of the under noted sports events are only eligible to apply. Application duly completed in all respect should be Addressed to Divisional Personnel Officer and sent to the office of Divisional Railway Manager. Northern Railway. Ambala Cantt. ( Haryana ) through ordinary Dak or may be dropped in Box provided in Sports Cell. DRM Office. Ambala Cantt. latest by 31.07.2015 during 10.00 hrs. to 18.00 hrs. on working days.
Northern Railway Applications received after the closing date i.e. last date 31.07.2015 will not be accepted and it will be treated as receipt late than the last date of receipt of application. It should specifically be mentioned through Red Ink on the envelope of applications in bold letters ( Application for Recruitment through the process of Open Advertisement against Sports Quota on Ambala Division for the year 2015 – 16 ). Applicants must have to fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
Northern Railway Sports Quota Eligibility Conditions 2015 :
1. Northern Railway Sports Quota Essential 2015 :
- Represented the country in Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ). Or
- Represented the country in Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ). Or
- Represented the country in South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ). Or
- Represented the country in USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ). Or
- At least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ). Or
- Represented a State of equivalent unit except in Marathon and Cross Country in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
- At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championship for all units and Districts of the State.
2. As per instructions contained in Railway Board letter No. 2011-E/Sports/4(1)/1/Policy/Clarification dated 11.01.2012, the sports persons having the sports norms / qualification for Higher Grade Pay and applied against the vacancy for the lower Grade Pay can be considered for Recruitment against Sports Quota through the process of Open Advertisement Quota. However, an undertaking shall be given by the such sports persons that he / she will not claim Higher Grade or Higher Grade Pay after joining the Railways, on the basis sports achievements prior to joining the Railways.
3. In team sports, only sports persons who have actually played the sport in the field, shall only be eligible. Therefore a sport person who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Candidate must have to submit a certificate of competent authority of that sports event / championship for actual participation in the filed of play. Application without this certificate is liable to be rejected. The Candidate who have not actually played in the field in sports event / championship will not be considered for recruitment. All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognised International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
4. Detail of Posts to be filled through the process of Open Advertisement Quota is as under :
|S. No.||Sports Game No. of Posts||Category of Game of Sports|
|1.||Hockey ( Women ) 01 ( One )||01 ( One ) All Rounded.
Sportperson having atleast 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations may also be considered. Sportpersons who participated in these tournaments may be considered.
|2.||Atheletics ( Male ) 03 ( Three )||01 ( One ) Short Put.
01 ( One ) 1500 Meters ( Fifteen Hundred Meters ).
01 ( One ) 5000 Meters ( Five Thousand Meters ).
|3.||Weightlifting ( Male ) 01 ( One )||Weight category 69 Kg.|
5. Northern Railway Sports Quota Educational Qualifications 2015 : 10th Passed from Recognized School / Board / Institution.
6. Age Limit for Northern Railway Sports Quota 2015 : 18 to 25 years as on 01.07.2015. Candidates should not below 18 years and should not above 25 years on 01.07.2015. No relaxation in Lower or Upper Age limit is permissible in the recruitment.
7. Period of Sports Achievements / Certificates to be considered : For Recruitment against sports quota recognised sports achievements should be in the current and / or immediate previous two financial years in the case of Open Advertisements Quota and Sports person should be active player. Certificates prior 01.04.2013 will not be considered.
8. Northern Railway Sports Quota Examination Fees 2015 : For General & OBC candidates 100/- ( One Hundred Only ) by Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) in favour of Sr. DFM. N.RIy., Ambala payable at Ambala. For SC / ST Candidates 30/- ( Thirty only ) by Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) in favour of Sr. DFM. N.RIy., Ambala payable at Ambala. Examination fees is not refundable under any circumstances including time barred / rejected applications. IPO obtained earlier than the date of issue and later than closing date of the Employment Notice will not be accepted. Incomplete & application received after 31.07.2015 will not be considered.
9. Northern Railway Sports Quota Selection 2015 :
- Eligible Candidates will only be called for Trial and Interview and will be informed through Regd. Postal Latter.
- Railway Administration reserve the right to cancel the selection in the exceptional circumstances and or in the event of any change in the recruitment policy.
- Only the candidates who possess the prescribed qualification may apply otherwise the application will be rejected.
- Without requisite documents in support of eligibility conditions, application will be rejected.
- Application of candidates signed in Block Letters in applications form will be rejected.
- One spare self signed passport size photograph and photocopies of all certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer may be attached with application Form.
- Candidates are also advised to bring their original documents & certificates at the time of Trial & Interview.
- Attach two self addressed registered envelopes.
- This office will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong deliveries, candidates sending their applications by post are advised to post their applications sufficiently in advance, so that it reached in this office during working hours upto 18.00 hrs. on or before the closing date.
- Issue of certificates for participation and medal winning performance on letter head are liable to be rejected and will not be considered for recruitment purpose.
- Any dispute shall be subject to jurisdiction of CAT / Chandigarh.
- Selection shall be through the process of Trials and Viva-Voce ( Interview ). Candidates who found fit in Trial will only be called for interview and selection shall purely be based on overall merit. Selected candidates can be appointed in one of the category in various categories at any station in Ambala Division of Northern Railway and candidate must have to pass the prescribed medical examination.
For information and to download Northern Railway Sports Quota application form visit our website www.nr.indianraiiways.gov.in.