Northern Railway Recruitment against Sports Quota 2014
Northern Railway Applications 2014 are invited from eligible Male candidates for recruitment to fill up ( 05 ) Five posts in PB – 1 Grade 5200 – 20200 + G.P. 1800 ( NPS ) erstwhile Group ‘D’ through the process of Open Advt. against Sports Quota on Ambala Division for the year 2014 – 15 on the prescribed application form as given. Candidates who possess the requisite standard in the discipline of the under noted sports events are only eligible to apply.
Application duly completed in all respect should be addressed to Divisional Personnel Officer and sent to the office of Divisional Railway Manager, Northern Railway, Ambala Cantt ( Haryana ) through ordinary Dark or may be dropped in Box provided in Sports Cell, DRM Office, Ambala Cantt latest by 31.07.2014 during 10:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs on working days. Application received after the closing date i.e. last date 31.07.2014 will not be accepted and it will be treated as receipt late than the last date of receipt of application. It should specially be mentioned through red ink on the envelope of application in bold letters ( Application for Recruitment through the process of Open Advertisement against Sports Quota on Ambala Division for the year 2014 – 2015 ). Application must have to fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
Northern Railway Sports Quota Eligibility Criteria 2014 :
1. Northern Railway Sports Quota Essential :
- Represented the country in Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ). Or
- Represented the country in Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ). Or
- Represented the country in South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ). Or
- At least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ). Or
- Represented a State or equivalent unit except in Marathon and Cross Country in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
- At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championship for all Units and District of the State.
2. As per instructions contained in Railway Board letter no.2011-E/Sports/4(1)/1/Policy/clarification dated 11.01.2014, the sports persons having the sports norms / qualification for Higher Grade Pay and applied against the vacancy for the lower grade pay can be considered for Recruitment against Sports Quota through the process of Open Advertisement quota.
3. In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in the field shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Candidates must have to submit a certificate of competent authority of that sports event / championship for actual participation in the field of play. Application without this certificate is liable to be rejected. The candidate who have not actually played in the field in sports event / championship will not be considered for recruitment.
4. Detail of Posts to be filled through the process of Open Advertisement Quota is as :
|S.No.||Sports Game||No. of Posts||Category of Game of Sport|
|1.||Hockey ( Male )||02||01 Forward
01 Full Back + Drag Flicker
|Sportsperson having atleast 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations may also be considered. Sportspersons who participated in these tournaments may be considered.|
|2.||Badminton ( Male )||02||Current Annual All India Ranking
Singles - Upto 16th position.
Double - Upto 06th position.
Singles - Upto 08th position.
Singles : Upto 08th position.
|( Only current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purpose. Ranking in Mixed Doubles shall not be considered. )|
|3.||Atheletics ( Male )||01||1000 Metres|
5. NR Sports Quota 2014 Educational Qualification :
10th from Recognized School ( Board ) Institution.
6. Northern Railway Sports Quota Age Limit 2014 :
18 to 25 years as on 01.07.2014. Candidates should not below 18 years and should not above 25 years as on 01.07.2014. No relaxation in lower or upper age limit is permissible in the recruitment.
7. Period of Sports Achievements / Certificates to be Considered :
For Recruitment against sports quota, recognised sports achievements should be in the current and / or immediate previous two financial years in the case of Open Advertisements Quota and sports person should be active player. Certificates prior 01.04.2012 will not be considered.
8. Northern Railway Sports Quota Examination Fees 2014 :
For General & OBC candidates 40/- ( Forty only ) by Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) in favour of Sr. DFM. N.Rly., Ambala payable at Ambala. For SC / ST candidates 10/- by IPO ( Indian Postal Order ) in favour of Sr. DFM. N.Rly., Ambala payable at Ambala. Examination fees is not refundable under any cicumstances including time barred / rejected applications. IPO obtained earlier than the date of issue and later than closing date of the Employment Notice will not be accepted. In complete & applications received after 30.07.2014 will not be considered.
Northern Railway Sports Quota Selection Process 2014 :
- Eligible candidates will only be called for Trial and Interview and will be informed through Regd. Postal Letter.
- Railway Administration reserve the right to cancel the selection in the exceptional circumstances and or in the event of any change in the recruitment policy.
- Only the candidates who possess the prescribed qualification may apply otherwise the application will be rejected.
- Without requisite documents, in sport of eligibility conditions, application will be rejected.
- Application of candidates signed in block letters in application form will be rejected.
- One spare self signed passport size photograph and photocopies of all certificates duly attested by a Gazzetted Officer may be attached with application form.
- Candidates are also advised to bring their original documents & certificates at the time of trial & interview.
- Attach two self addressed registered envelopes.
- This office will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong deliveries, candidates sending their applications by post are advised to post their applications sufficiently in advance, so that it reached in this office during working hours up to 18:00 hrs on or before the closing date.
- Issue of certificates for participation and medal winning performances on letter head are liable to be rejected and will not be considered for recruitment purpose.
- Any dispute shall be subject to jurisdiction of CAT / Chandigarh.
- Selection shall be through the process of Trials and Viva-Voce ( Interview ). Candidates who found fit in Trial will only be called for interview and selection shall purely be based on overall merit. Selected candidates can be appointed in one of the category in various categories at any station in Ambala Division of Northern Railway and candidate must have to pass the prescribed medical examination.
For information & to download application form visit our website www.ambalarail.com / www.indianrailways.gov.in
Applications form for recruitment in PB – 1 Grade 5200 – 20200 + G.P. 1800 ( NPS ) erstwhile Group ‘D’ through the process of Open Advertisement Quota against Sports Quota on Ambala Division of Northern Railway for the year 2014 – 2015 for male candidates only.