Northern Railway Recruitment against Sports Quota 2014
Northern Railway Sports Association,
Room No. 7 – G, Annexure II,
Accounts Building, Baroda House,
Northern Railway Sports Quota Application Last Date : 31.10.2014 at 17.00 hrs.
Northern Railway Applications 2014 are invited from eligible Indian sportspersons to fill up 21 vacancies against Open Advertisement quota in Sports in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 2800 / 2400 ( 05 Posts ) & 2000 / 1900 ( 16 Posts ) over various Divisions / Workshops / Units in Northern Railway, for the recruitment year 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2015, in the following disciplines :
|S.No.||Sports Game / Discipline||Events / Playing position||No. of Vacancies|
|A. 1.||Athletic ( Men )||400 mts|
110 mts Hurdles
|2.||Boxing ( Men )||60 Kg||01||01|
|3.||Badminton ( Men )||Singles||01||01|
|4.||Basket Ball ( Men )||Centre Player||01||01|
|5.||Cycling ( Men )||Time Trial 1000 mts|
Individual Pursuit 4000 mts
Sprint 200 mts
|6.||Weight Lifting ( Men )||69 Kg||01||01|
|7.||Kabaddi ( Men )||All Rounder||01||01|
|B. 8.||Boxing ( Women )||51 Kg||01||01|
|9.||Basket Ball ( Women )||Feeder||01||02|
|10.||Cricket ( Women )||Left Arm Spinner||01||03|
|Opening Bats Woman||01|
|Wicket Keeper / Bats Woman||01|
|11.||Kabaddi ( Women )||All Rounder||02||02|
C. Northern Railway Sports Quota Eligibility Criteria 2014 :
i. NR Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2014 :
- Educational Qualification : Graduate for PB – 1 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 2800 / 2400 ( 05 Posts ).
- Educational Qualification : Matriculation / ITI / Equivalent for PB – 1 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 ( 16 Posts ).
( No relaxation in education shall be permissible ).
ii. Northern Railway Sports Quota Age Limit 2014 : The sportsperson should be between 18 – 25 years of age as on 01.01.2015. ( No age relaxation for any candidate shall be permitted in any circumstances. )
D. Categorization of International Championships ( See also section E ) :
For recruitment purpose, international Championships / events are categorized as under :
Category A : Olympic Games ( Senior Category ).
Category B :
World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
World Championship ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Games ( Senior Category )
Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category )
Category C :
Commonwealth Championship ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category )
USIC ( World Railways ) Championship ( Senior Category )
E. Sports Norms for Recruitment of Sportspersons in different Grade Pay & Pay Bands :
The minimum norms for recruitment of sports quota, shall be as under in addition to the qualifying performance / position. These provisions shall be read along with note below the para :
|S.No.||Name Pay Band / Scale||Pay Band ( in )||Grade Pay ( in )||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|1||PB - 1||5200 - 20200||2800 or 2400||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( category 'A' ) or
|At least 3rd position in any of the category 'B' Championships / events except Gold Medal in Asian Games.|
|2||PB - 1||5200 - 20200||2000 or 1900||Represented the Country in any of the category 'B' Championships / events. Or|
|At least 3rd position in any of the category 'C' Championships / events. Or|
|At least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or|
|At least 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or
|At least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or|
|1st position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).|
F. Note :
- In Cricket ( Women ) at International level, representation of Main Indian Seniors Team in a Test Match or in a Limited Overs One Day International Match or in a Twenty – 20 Overs Match : shall also be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- In Cricket at National level, following sports achievement in 4 Days / One Day limited Overs Twenty – 20 Overs / ( Women ) Cricket Championships ( except vizzy Trophy ); organized under the aegis of BCCI : shall also be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 :
S.No. Details of Championships Category Minimum Sports Achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 a. All India Inter State Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Semi-finalist of All India Knock out stage b. All India Inter Zonal Championships Senior / Junior ( U - 19 ) Finalist
- In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Open Athletic Championship & National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 in Pay band 5200 – 20200.
- In Badminton, sportspersons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Rankings : in the G.Pay 2800 / 2400 or 2000 / 1900 as per the following criteria :
Name of Pay Band / Scale Grade Pay ( in ) Pay Band ( in )
Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment Age Category Event Current Annual All India Ranking
PB - 1 2800 or 2400 5,200 - 20,200 Seniors Singles
Upto 4th position PB - 1 2000 or 1900 5,200 - 20,200 Seniors Singles Upto 12th position
Youth Singles Upto 6th position Juniors Singles Upto 6th position
Note : Consideration of current Annual All India Ranking will be latest by the closing date of receipt of application.
- All the recruitments against Open Advertisement quota shall be at the minimum of scale of pay.
- All the championships mentioned above should have been conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federation and also recognized by Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- In team sports. only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in field shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. The Certificate of the actual participation should be given along with an application duly certified by concerned federation.
G. Period for Reckoning Sports Achievements :
The sports achievement shall be in the immediate previous two years and sports person shall be an active player. For this purpose two financial years from the date of notification, shall be taken into account. For example for applications received in 2014 – 15 ( i.e. from 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2015 ) for recruitment, the sports achievement of current and previous two financial year i.e. 01.04.2012 – 31.03.2013 and 01.04.2013 – 31.03.2014. shall be taken into account and therefore, sports achievement on or after 01.04.2012 shall only be considered for appointment, in the extent case. For this purpose, concluding day of the Championship shall be taken into account. Activeness in sports shall be adjudged as per his / her performance during the trials. It is therefore not necessary that the sportsperson must have sports achievement during current / previous financial year to see his / her activeness in sports.
H. Proficiency in Typing Skill :
The sportspersons, in case, recruited as Clerk / Sr. Clerk against sports quota will have to pass the requisite type writing test with in a period of four years from the date of appointment. No TA / DA shall be paid to the candidates appearing for the selection trial / interview.
I. Procedure of Northern Railway Sports Quota Recruitment 2014 :
The procedure for Northern Railway Sports Quota recruitment of candidate will be as under :
- Trials of the candidates shall be conducted to assess their sports performance and suitability for Railway / Unit team as well as Indian Railways team, the date for which will be intimated later on to the eligible candidates.
- Recruitment committee shall take interview and award the marks ( out of 60 marks ) only to the fit candidates for their sports achievements, educational qualifications, general intelligence etc. Candidates declared “Not Fit” shall not be assessed further by the Recruitment committee.
- Interviews of the candidates will be held on the same day, just after trials or at the most next day of trials.
- Candidate should bring the Original certificates of Actual participation in field, date of birth, educational qualification, and Sports achievement on the date of trial and interview, without which the candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the selection.
- Probation Period of Sportsperson : All the candidates getting appointment will undergo Probation period of two years. Before completion of the probation period, the performance for the sportsperson shall be reviewed and if the performance of a person recruited on sports account is considered to be unsatisfactory. the probation period can be extended maximum up to two years. Even after extended probation, if the performance is found unsatisfactory, then normal procedure will be followed for termination before the completion of extended probation.
- Service Bond : The “Service Bond” period for the persons recruited against sports quota shall be of five years. At the time of his / her appointment, the sports person shall fill and sign the bond.
- Northern Railway Sports Quota Medical Examination 2014 : The sportsperson ( Male / Female ), so recruited, shall be required to fulfil the minimum medical norms for the post, for which he / she is being appointed.
- Northern Railway Sports Quota Application Fee 2014 :
Postal Orders of 60/- for posts in PB – I 5200 – 20200 + 2800 / 2400 ( G.Pay ) and 40/- for 5200 – 20200 + 1900 / 2000 ( G.Pay ), as the case may be annexed with the application form. Postal Order should be drawn in favour of Northern Railway Sports Association, New Delhi which is non refundable. SC / ST, Women. Minorities ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians ( Paris ) and economically backward classes candidates are exempted from recruitment fee. Economically backward mean the candidates whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum. The following are authorized to issue income certificates in given Format ‘A’ :
- District Magistrate of any other Revenue Officer upto the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for person of their own constituency.
- BPL card or any other certificates issued by Central Government under recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the District in which these MPs normally reside. The requisite fees shall only be submitted in the form of pay order / Demand Draft. Submission of fee in any other form shall not be accepted.
Northern Railway Sports Quota How to Apply 2014 :
- The candidates fulfilling the general conditions of eligibility of age, educational qualifications and other eligibility criteria as explained should apply for the post notified as per application formats given in the advertisement on a good quality plain paper of A – 4 size alongwith the following documents :
- 2 latest passport size photographs ( one duly pasted on the application format ) self attested.
- Photocopies of certificates of educational qualification, self attested.
- Photocopies of certificates of Sports Achievements after 01.04.2012, self attested.
- Photocopy of certificate of actually played in sport in field issued by concerned federation, self attested ( in team event only. )
- Postal Order / Demand Draft, as applicable. If application fee is to be wavied off, authorized income certificates should be enclosed as per Format ‘A’.
- Other relevant document, if any.
- Application should be sent through ordinary post / registered / speed posts only on the following address :
Northern Railway Sports Association,
Room No. : 7 (G), Annexe – II,
Accounts Building, Baroda House,
New Delhi – 110 001.
( Applications sent through courier will not be entertained ).
- Last date for receipt of application is ___ and no application shall be entertained after the last date i.e. 31.10.2014 at 17.00 hrs.
- The envelope in which application is being sent should be given caption indicating his field for example ‘Athletics Men’ in capital letters.
- Only, the application found complete in all respect shall be entertained.
- Self attested copies of certificates regarding sports performance, educational qualification, date of birth & caste certificate. Applications, which do not accompany the self attested copies of certificates as mentioned, shall be summarily rejected.
- Application, not as per the format for the application given in the advertisement, shall be summarily rejected.
- Unsigned / incomplete application shall be summarily rejected.
- Individuals should apply for one game / discipline only. The application received in more than one game / discipline shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates, who do not fulfill all the eligibility criteria need not to apply and their applications so received shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidatures of the candidates, who fail to appear for the trials, interview and other selection procedures on the date and place fixed for the purpose, will be cancelled without further notice.
- Railway Administration reserves all the rights to recruit eligible candidates at any place.
- The decision of recruitment committee on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates. Northern Railway Administration reserves the right to decide the number of sports persons to be selected for any individual / team game depending upon their requirement for that sports and availability of suitable candidates fulfilling the norms.
- The short listed eligible candidates may be required to stay for 4 to 5 days at the trial venue for the selection procedure for which they will have to make their own arrangements. The trial venue will be advised later on to the candidates selected for trial / Interview.
- Candidates already employed in Govt. Service should submit their application format through proper channel, without which application shall be summarily rejected at any stage.
- For details and downloading the format for application visit our website www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in or see the Employment News / Rojgar Samachar of 18.10.2014.
- The candidature of the applicants shall be liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment in case of concealment of any fact, which is in contravention to the above laid down conditions. The decision of the Railway Administration shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Applications received without prescribe fee as para (N) above, shall summarily be rejected.