Northern Railway Recruitment against Sports ( Open Advertisement ) Quota 2013
Date of issue : 30.01.2013
Last date for Receipt of Northern Railway Recruitment Applications 2013 : 04.03.2013
Northern Railway invites applications from eligible Male candidates for recruitment through Open advertisement for the posts in Pay Band, 5200-20200/- with 1800/- Grade Pay against Sports Quota for the year 2012-13 in “Carriage & Wagon Shops, Jagadhri Workshop of Northern Railway” in the following discipline :
|S. No.||Discipline||No. of posts||Weight Category||Sex|
|1.||Weight Lifting||03||62 Kg, 110+136=246||Men Only|
|69 Kg, 115+147=262|
|77 Kg, 122+152=274|
|85 Kg, 127+163=290|
Eligibility Criteria for Northern Railway Recruitment against Sports Quota 2013
1. Minimum Sports Achievement required : The applicant must have
- Represented the Country in any of the following Championships / events :
- Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
- Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
- South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ) Or
- Represented a State or equivalent Unit, in Senior / Junior National Championships. Or
- Obtained at least 3rd Position in Senior State Championship for all Units and District of the State or above Or Any higher achievement except mentioned above.
- All the Championships mentioned above should have been conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federation and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- For recruitment on the basis of sports achievement in Junior National Champion ships, only the Under-20 Junior National Weight Lifting Championship shall be considered.
2. Period of reckoning sports achievements :
The sports achievements should be in the immediate previous Two financial years and the Sports person should be an active player. Accordingly, Sport achievements on or after 01.04.2010 shall only be considered for appointment. The application for Northern Railway 2013 received for recruitment for the year 2012-13, the sports achievements of current and previous two financial years i.e 2010-11, 2011-12 will be taken into account and therefore, sports achievements on or after 01.04.2010 shall only be considered for appointment. For this purpose, concluding day of the championship shall be taken into account.
3. Northern Railway Sports Quota Recruitment Age Limit 2013 :
Minimum age should be 18 years and maximum 25 years as on 01.07.2013. No relaxation in lower and upper age limit will be permissible in the recruitment.
Proof of age : Matriculation Certificate issued by Education Board / Body or equivalent.
4. Minimum Educational Qualification for Northern Railway 2013 :
The candidate must have completed 10th pass or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board / Body. No relaxation in the minimum educational qualification for Northern Railway shall be permissible.
5. Northern Railway Recruitment Examination Fee 2013 :
UR & OBC candidates must enclose an Indian Postal Order or Demand Draft having issued between 30.01.13 to 04.03.2013 of 40/- as processing charges in favour of Workshop Sports Officer, Jagadhri Workshop Payable at Jagadhri Workshop. SC / ST / Muslims / Christians / Sikh / Budhhists / Zorastrians ( Parsis ) candidates shall not be required to pay any fee, but certificate belonging to concerned community must be attached for fee exemption, otherwise application will be rejected without fee of 40/-.
6. Procedure for Northern Railway Sports Quota Recruitment 2013 :
- The selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of field trial, assessment of sports achievement, educational qualification and interview.. Only the candidates who are found Fit in the field trial shall be considered for the interview stage. The final panel of selected candidates shall be drawn in order of merit as per the following distribution of marks :
Sl. No. Description Max. 1. For assessment of recognized Sports achievements as per norms 50 Marks 2. For game skill, physical fitness & Coach’s observation during trial 40 Marks 3. Educational qualifications 05 Marks 4. General Intelligence / Personality trials & physiological make up etc. 05 Marks Total 100 Marks
- In case of more than one sportsperson scoring the same marks, preference shall be given to the younger candidate in deciding the merit position.
- Marks for performance during Trial shall be awarded based upon the Game Skills, physical fitness and Coach’s observation during Trial. In order to be considered Fit in the Trial and to thereby qualify for the interview stage, a candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 25 marks out of 40 in his Trial Performance.
7. Probation Period :
Appointed candidates shall be required to undergo a Probation period of 02 years. Before completion of the Probation period, their performance as a Sportsperson shall be reviewed and if, considered unsatisfactory, the Probation period shall be extended maximum up to 02 years and the person shall have to improve his performance to get confirmed in appointment. Even after extended probation, if his performance is found unsatisfactory, his services shall be liable for termination.
8. Service Bond :
The “Service Period” for the person recruited against sports quota shall be of five years. At the time of his appointment, the Sports person shall fill the bond, on the format, which will be provided to the selected candidates.
9. General Conditions for Northern Recruitment for Sports Quota 2013 :
- Applications must be submitted as per the enclosed proforma and must be filled up and signed by the applicant in his own handwriting. Incorrectly filled / incomplete application forms shall be liable for rejection. If the information furnished by the candidate in his Northern Railway application is found to be false / incorrect at any stage of the recruitment process, his candidature shall be liable for rejection without assigning any reason. Even if any such false / incorrect information is detected after appointment of the candidate at any stage, his services shall be liable for termination without any further notice.
- The Northern Railway 2013 Application must be accompanied by Three ( 03 ) recent colour Passport size photographs, one of which should be pasted at the space provided in the Application Form while the remaining 02 photographs should be stapled with the application. The Photographs should be signed by the candidate and attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Before applying to the post, the candidate should ensure that he fulfils the eligibility norms as given above.
- The name and initial of the candidate and father’s name appearing in school / college certificates and in sports certificates should be one and the same. There should be no difference.
- The specific weight category must be mentioned in the NR application without fail.
- The candidates already employed in Central / States / PSUs including Railways should submit their Northern Railway applications 2013 through proper channel duly submitting “no objection certificate” from their employer.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information, and mode of selection shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards from Railway Hospital prescribed for the selected post. In case of unfit in prescribed Medical Standard, the selected candidate will have no right for appointment in Railway on account of above Northern Railway selection.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trials, interview and other process of selection to be held on 25.03.2013 and 26.03.2013. Eligible candidates will be issued separate call letters for Trial, Interview etc. showing date of Trial and venue.
10. Applications for Northern Railway completed in all respect should reach on or before 04.03.2013 through post in a cover addressed to :
The Asstt Personnel Officer ( W ),
Carriage & Wagon Shops,
Distt. Yamuna Nagar,
( Haryana ) – 135 002.
The envelope should be superscribed : “Recruitment against Sports Quota”, with the name of the event.
Note : Northern Railway Applications against Sports Quota 2013 can either be dropped in the sealed box kept in Personnel Branch Hall of Administrative Block of office of The Chief Workshop Manager, Carriage & Wagon Shops, Jagadhri Workshop ( Haryana ) – 135 002 between 10:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs on any working day or sent through post latest by 04.03.2013 up to 17.00 Hrs. Northern Railway Applications received after 17:00 hrs on 04.03.2013 will not be considered. The Northern Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays or postal lapses.