Northeast Frontier Railway Recruitment 2014 for Apprentices in Carriage & Wagon Workshop
Northeast Frontier Railway,
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager,
N.F.Rly. Carriage & Wagon Workshop / New Bongaigaon,
Pin – 783 381.
Application Opening Date for Northeast Frontier Railway Apprentices Job : 17.10.2014.
Application Closing Date for Northeast Frontier Railway Apprentices Job : 17.11.2014 ( 16.00 hrs ).
1. Northeast Frontier Railway Applications are invited in the prescribed format from the candidates fulfilling the conditions given below for engagement of 60 nos. of Act Apprentices for N.F.Railway Carriage & Wagon Workshop / New Bongaigaon under the Apprenticeship Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1962 for imparting training.
2. The envelope containing the Northeast Frontier Railway application should be super-scribed “Application for engagement of Act Apprentice” against Employment Notice No. 01/2014/NBQS dt.17.10.2014 for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting Training.
3. The Northeast Frontier Railway application is liable to be rejected if any of the compulsory enclosure is not attached as indicated in the proforma and if submitted more than one application.
4. Apprentices will be engaged in the following trades and selected candidates will have to undergo training under Principal, Supervisor Training Centre / New Bongaigaon.
|S.N.||Name of Trades||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Period of training||Remarks|
|1||Fitter||Fresher||4||2||1||3||10||03 Yrs.||* These include :
i) 02 Seats reserved for Ex.Servicemen.
ii) 02 seats reserved for Physically Handicapped Persons. **
|2.||Carpenter||Fresher||2||-||-||-||02 ||03 Yrs|
|3.||Machinist ( Ex.ITI only )||2||-||-||1|| 03||03 Yrs.|
|4||Turner ( Ex.ITI only )||2||-||-||1||03||03 Yrs.
|5.||Welder ( G&E )||Fresher||2||-||-||1||03||02 Yrs.|
|6||Painter ( Fresher only )||2||-||-||1||03||03 Yrs.|
|8||R.A.C.( Mech. ) ( Ex.ITI only )||2||-||-||1||03||03 Yrs.
|9||Electrician ( Ex.ITI only )||4||1||-||1||06||03 Yrs|
|10. ||Crane Operator ( Fresher |
|11.||Wireman ( Ex.ITI only )||2||-||-||-||02||03 Yrs.|
|12.||Lineman ( Ex.ITI only )||2||-||-||-||02||03 Yrs|
5. Conditions : If no suitable OBC & Ex. Service men candidates are available, trades will be filled up by unreserved candidates.
Physically handicapped “Only Loco Motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and hearing handicapped ( HH ) having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply.
Physically handicapped candidates will be considered in the Trades of “Fitter, Welder, Electrician, Carpenter, Turner, Machinist” only.
Only Orthopedic ally and Hearing handicapped candidates are eligible to apply. If no suitable physically handicapped candidates are available, post will be filled up from other suitable candidates.
6. Standards of fitness for PH person :
A. For Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) :
- Fitter : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Welder : A person without a leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated.
- Turner : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Machinist : Only small finger damaged can join.
- Carpenter : One upper & lower limb partially damaged.
- Electrician : Partially lower limb can be can accommodated.
B. For Hearing Handicapped ( HH ) : Only deaf / dumb or deaf-mute.
( A physical handicap person who wants to avail the benefit of Reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by Competent Authority (i.e. issued by Govt. Hospital ).
7. Ex-Servicemen :
An Ex-serviceman candidate selected under the reservation provided for them is to be placed in the appropriate category viz. UR / SC / ST to which he belongs. Reservation for Ex-serviceman, their children and children of Armed force personnel will be engaged for Apprenticeship as per details mentioned below :
- Children of deceased / Disabled Ex-Servicemen including those killed / disabled during peace time.
- Children of Ex-Servicemen.
- Children of Serving Jawans.
- Children of Serving Officer.
8. Age Limit for NFR Railway Apprentices Job 2014 :
- The non ITI candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 22 years of age and ITI candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 01.01.2014.
- Upper age limit is relax able by 5 years and 3 years in cases of SC / ST and OBC Candidates respectively.
- For Physically handicapped person : Upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years. In case of SC / ST physically handicapped person the upper age is relaxable by 15 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for ex-serviceman upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces plus 3 years ( max. 40 yrs ) provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch. Ex- servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on Civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim ex-servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. Such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age etc. as admissible to civil employees in the normal course in accordance with existing instructions in this regard subject to fulfillment of conditions governing the grant of such benefits. They are required to attach a certificate issue by Military Authority indicating their date of enrolment and date of discharge. Ex-servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof including community certificate in the prescribed format as required. However, regardless of community, ex-servicemen will be considered against the exservicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only ex-servicemen belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available will be considered against the ex-servicemen quota.
9. NFR Railway Apprentices Qualification 2014 :
- For fresher Trade : Matriculation ( Matriculation or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system ).
- For Ex. I.T.I. Trade : Matriculation ( Matriculation or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system + ITI passed in relevant trade ) with certificate from Institutions affiliated to NCVT compulsory in relevant trade. Copies of all certificates viz. proof of date of birth, educational / technical Qualification Certificate, Caste Certificate. Ex-serviceman certificate, etc. duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of Central or State Govt. bearing office seal and name of attesting officer should be submitted along with the application.
10. NFR Railway Apprentices Training Period 2014 : As per directives of RDAT / Kolkota.
11. Stipend for NFR Railway Apprentices 2014 : Stipend will be paid as per extant rules.
12. NFR Railway Apprentices Job How to Apply 2014 : The Application form & Call Letter as per format enclosed must be submitted in fools cape paper duly filled in all respect by the candidate in his own hand writing with ball point pen to be addressed to Chief Workshop Manager / N.F.Railway Apprentices / New Bongaigaon, Pin – 783 381 in close envelope enclosing the following :
- 2 Self-addressed envelope of 11″ x 5″ with Postal Stamp of 5/- ( Rupee Five ) only ( Exemption for SC / ST Candidates ).
- A Crossed Postal Order for the amount of 20/- ( Rupee Twenty ) only in favour of F.A. & C.A.O. N.F. Railway, Maligaon payable to GPO / Guwahati as a processing fee which is not refundable / transferable under any circumstances. The Postal Order purchased before the date of publication of this notice will not be valid. Or
The fee can also be paid in the form of Account Payee demand draft drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of F.A. & C.A.O., N.F. Railway, and payable at SBI / Maligaon Branch.
- No fee is required for SC / ST / PH candidates.
- 2 recent Passport Size Photographs duly signed by the applicant, one of which should be pasted on the Application Form in the space provided for and the another should be pasted on the ‘Call Letter-cum-Admit Card’ in the space provided. Both the photographs are required to be attested by Gazetted Officer.
- Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. At any stage of engagement, if erroneously engaged, such candidates shall be summarily dismissed without notice.
- The application Form should be strictly filled up as per format enclosed as Annexure – ‘A’ on good quality white paper of A4 size using one side only. The candidate must filled up his / her required information in black ball pen on own handwriting in “English” only.
- Copies of all certificates viz. proof of date of birth, educational / technical Qualification, Caste Certificate. Ex-serviceman certificate and physically handicap certificate etc. duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of Central or State Govt. should be submitted along with the application.
- In case of SC / ST candidates, a certificate from the appropriate authority, for their belonging to SC / ST categories should be submitted in the format prescribed by the Government of India ( Annexure – C for SC / ST ).
- Copy of local Employment Exchange Registration card should be enclosed duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of Central or State Govt.
The list of authorities empowered to issue SC / ST certificates are indicated below :
- District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-divisional Magistrate / Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate ).
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his family resides.
The last date of receipt of NFR Railway Apprentices application is on 17.11.2014.
13. Sealed Box for dropping of the NFR Railway Apprentices applications will be kept at the Chief Workshop Manager’s Office, N.F.Rly. Carriage & Wagon Workshop, New Bongaigaon between 10.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs. in all working days & 10.00 hrs. to 12.30 hrs. on Saturday only ( except Sunday & Holiday ). The Box will be finally withdrawn at 16.00 hrs. on 17.11.2014.
14. Name and address of the candidates should be legibly filled in on the Call Letter-cum-Admit Card with a recent passport size photograph of the candidate duly signed and attested by a Gazetted Officer affixed on the space provided in the format of the Call Letter. The Call Letter should be attached along with the application form.
15. If it is noticed by the Railway Administration that the applicant have furnished wrong information / fake certificates, the Railway administration reserves the right to discharge the candidate / selected candidate at any stage without notice. FIR will be lodged for submitting false / forged certificates & for furnishing wrong / false information or documents in support of their considerations.
16. The Railway administrations do not undertake any responsibility for sending reply to the candidates not selected or not called for. No correspondence in respect of the application submitted shall be entertained or replied by this office to any individual or organization.
Canvassing in any manner will be disqualification of the candidate.
17. NFR Railway Apprentices Application received after closing date and time will not be entertained. Candidates should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date & time to the given address below :
The Chief Workshop Manager,
N.F. Railway Carriage & Wagon Workshop,
New Bongaigaon – 7ϴ3 3ϴ1.
18. The Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the Act Apprentice engagement process. The Railway administration will not be responsible for any printing error.
19. Mode of Selection for NFR Railway Apprentices 2014 :
- Engagement of Act Apprentices will be done only on the basis of marks obtained in the Matriculation Examination or 10th Class in 10+2 Examination system. No. extra weightage shall be granted to candidates having higher education.
- Mode of selection will not be written examination but on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in Class 10th school Board examination ( 10+2 Examination system ) with slots divided amongst various Boards on pro-rata basis i.e. in proportion to the number of applications received from different Boards. Even where the prescribed qualification is Matric plus ITI, in respect of certain trades, the method of selection will be the same as above, i.e. based on marks secured in Class – X School Board Exams.
- If any 2 or more candidates have secured same percentage in 10th Class ( 10+2 system ) or Matriculate, the deciding factor will be the date of birth and the senior will be preferred. However, if the date of birth also coincides the deciding factor will be the marks obtained in Mathematics and the higher secure in the subject will be preferred.
- Candidates finally selected should be engaged as Act Apprentice subject to found fit in appropriate Medical Examination by Railways as applicable for the workshop.
- No daily allowance / conveyance allowances or traveling allowance is admissible in this respect.
- No Hostel accommodation will be provided and selected candidate will have to make their own arrangement during their training as per Apprentice Act, 1961 and they will be released on completion of the training.
After passing the Course of Act Apprentice there will be “No Guarantee for their Employment on the Railway”.
20. Agreement of Training : Before commencement of the Apprenticeship training in the designated trade, the selected candidate or if he is a minor, his guardian has to enter into a contract of apprenticeship with the employer.
21. The NFR Railway Apprentices applications having any of the following deficiencies, discrepancies or irregularities will be summarily rejected :
- NFR Railway Apprentices Applications not submitted in prescribed format as given in this Employment Notice.
- Incomplete or illegible NFR Railway Apprentices application with over writing / cutting or erasing marks.
- Unsigned or undated NFR Railway Apprentices applications, without clear or unsmudged thumb impression and / or without of marks identification.
- Without photograph or affixing zerox copy of photograph.
- Without Bank draft / Postal order of requisite value and validity for UR candidates.
- NFR Railway Apprentices Applications not filled in English or not filled by candidate in his own handwriting, without proper certificates in respect of ST / SC / PH / ESM / OBC.
- Underage / overaged candidates.
- Not having the requisite NFR Railway Apprentices educational qualification at the time of submitting application.
- NFR Railway Apprentices Applications received after 16.00 hrs. on closing date by any means / modes.
- More than one application in one name or sent in one envelope.
- Postal order / Bank draft issued before the date of issue of this NFR Railway Apprentices Notification or with less than 06 ( six ) months validity.
- Any other deemed irregularity.