North Western Railway Recruitment 2015 for Specialist in General Duty Medical Practitioners
The notification dated 17.11.2015 was circulated for Walk-in Interview for engagement of fresh Contract Medical Practitioner’s on North Western Railway for selection to the post of Specialist in respective fields as well as General Duty Medical Practitioners on full time contract basis Scheduled to be held on 14.12.2015 to 17.12.2015 at Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaipur & Ajmer respectively is postponed due to administrative reason. The above walk in interview will now be held as per the following schedule :
|04.01.2016||09:30 hrs||Committee Hall, DRM Office, Near Ambedkar Circle, Bikaner - 334 001.|
|05.01.2016||09:30 hrs||Mini Conference Room, DRM Office, Harish Joshi Marg, Jodhpur - 342 001.|
|06.01.2016||09:30 hrs||Conference Hall, Railway Central Hospital, Hasanpura Road, Near Railway Station, Jaipur - 302 006.|
|07.01.2016||09:30 hrs||Board Room, DRM Office, Mall Road, Ajmer - 305 001.|
Note : The candidates will be eligible to appear at only one place of choice as above and it will be considered for posting at any place over North Western Railway.
I. Details of Total No. of North Western Railway Vacancies 2015 : 26.
The category wise break up of total NWR Railway vacancies 2015 is : UR / General = 13, SC = 04, ST = 02, OBC = 07; Total = 26 ( This includes existing as well as anticipated vacancies ).
II. Locations :
For Specialist :
- Ajmer ( 2 ) : Physician – 01, Pediatrician – 01 at Divisional hospital, Ajmer.
- Jodhpur ( 2 ) : Physician – 01, Anaesthetist – 01, at Divisional hospital, Jodhpur.
- Bikaner ( 2 ) : Physician – 01, Ophthalomologist – 01, at Divisional hospital, Lalgarh ( Bikaner ).
For GDMO :
- Ajmer Division ( 05 + 1 ) : Divisional Hospital / Ajmer – 01, Health Unit at Ajmer Station = 01, Loco Health Unit at Ajmer = 1, Abu Road – 01, Dungarpur – 01, 01 CMP for Road Mobile Medical Van Stationed at Marwar junction for mobile duty around Marwar Area.
- Bikaner Division ( 05 ) : Divisional Hospital, Lalgarh ( Bikaner ) – 01, Health Unit / Bikaner – 01, Sirsa – 01, Ratangarh – 01, Hissar – 01.
- Jaipur Division ( 04 ) : Headquarter, Jaipur – 01, Sub Divisional Hospital, Bandikui – 1, Jaipur – 1, Phulera – 01.
- Jodhpur Division ( 05 ) : Divisional Hospital / Jodhpur – 01, Bagat ki Kothi 01, Degana – 01, Barmer – 01, Samdari – 01.
III. Remuneration :
- For specialists : A lumpsum amount of 65000/- per month.
- For General Duty : A lumpsum amount of 55000/- per month.
- For Retired Railway Medical Officer it shall be 46000/- per month ( Subject to the condition that remuneration + pension drawn by retired Railway Doctor should not exceed the last pay drawn ).
IV. North Western Railway Specialist Eligibility / Qualifications 2015 :
(A) For Specialist Doctors :
- P G degree in concerned field of specialization along with valid & current registration with MCI / State Council.
- If sufficient PG Degree holders are not found then PG Diploma holders shall be considered for specialist post.
(B) For General Duty Doctors : MBBS with valid & current registration with MCI / State medical council.
V. Age Limit for North Western Railway Specialist 2015 :
- The candidates should not have attained 50 years of age as on the cut of date for eligibility i.e. date of walk in interview which shall be relaxed by 5 years in case of SC / ST Candidates and 3 years for OBC Candidates.
- For Retired Railway Medical officer, one can be engaged for a period of one year up to maximum 5 terms until attaining the age of 65 years.
- If sufficient numbers of Specialist Doctors are not found then their posts may be filled up by the General Duty Medical Practitioners.
- Number of posts and locations of vacancies i.e. places of posting are subject to change as per administrative needs and offer of posting will be on the basis of vacancies available at the time of engagement.
VI. Important General Instructions :
- The contract shall be entered into for one year or less from the date of entering into the contract. Period of contract is not extendable on any grounds. However, the Railway administration shall reserve the right to enter into fresh contract with Practitioner for another term.
- The full time contracted Medical Practitioner ( hereinafter referred to as CMP ) who enters into contract with the Railways will not have any claim or right for his / her continuity in service or automatic extension of the term of contract.
- During the validity of the contract, the CMP will be at liberty to terminate the contract for betterment of his / her career or on any other grounds by giving 15 days notice to the Railways. The contract can also be terminated by the Railways at any time during the contract by giving 15 days notice without assigning any reasons whatsoever. Contract shall also be terminated if the CMP is found to be mentally or physically incapacitated.
- The CMP shall undergo a medical examination, before the contract is entered into, for his / her fitness to perform the work awarded to him / her.
- At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce certificates of his / her character and antecedents from two gazetted officers of the Central / State Government.
- At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce original certificates for proof of his / her date of birth and educational qualifications.
- The CMP shall have to undergo a brief orientation for a period of two weeks.
- Normally Sundays and National Holidays will be off and in addition, authorized absence without detriment to the terms shall be allowed at the rate of two days per month to be availed any time during the contract to the extent earned by the CMP till such time. Provided this facility shall be available to the CMP subject to fulfillment of conditions stipulated in clause 14 & 15 of the terms and conditions. Any CMP leaving his place of work on leave of absence / national holidays should get prior permission of the controlling authority.
- Expense on outstation journey connected with the contracted works will be borne by the Railway. Duty passes will be issued by the Railways for the purpose of journey in the line jurisdiction of the Health Unit where the CMP renders service and to the Divisional HQ and the CMP will be paid a fix rate of Daily allowance i.e. 400/- ( rupees four hundred only ) per day during such journeys. This will be subject to fulfillment of other provisions pertaining daily allowance prescribed in IREC volume II ( reference Railway Board’s letter No. 2007/ E/GR/II/1/1/Pt. dated 22.12.2010 ).
- The monthly fee for CMPs engaged for full time and the daily proportionate reduction from the fee in the event the CMP absents himself for periods exceeding those stipulate in the contract, are at the following rates :
Category of CMP Monthly Fee Daily rate of Reduction from the fee for excess absence.
- General Duty : 55000/- ( As per extent rules ).
- Specialist : 65000/-.
- Super Specialist : 75000/-.
- Full time CMPs may be provided unfurnished accommodation subject to availability. In case railway accommodation is provided to the CMP, an amount equivalent to the sum of HRA ( as indicated above ) and license fee of the accommodation so provided shall be deducted from the monthly fee admissible to the CMP.
- The CMP may be given one set of First Class complimentary pass for self and family during each contract. The pass, however, shall be issued after he / she renders three months of contracted service regularly.
- The CMP may avail of free medical treatment for self only except operations categorized as “Special” in Para 622(8) of Indian Railway Medical Manual 2000 and treatment normally available at super speciality centre from his / her respective zonal railway hospitals during the currency of contract.
- The CMP shall be governed in respect of matters not referred to in these terms and conditions by any orders / amendments to the terms contract issued by the Railways from time to time.
- The CMP shall attend to all normal tasks which any medical practitioner is conventionally doing. He / She will also attend to emergencies and accidents.
- The CMP shall issue sick/fitness certificates for a period up to 7 days, beyond which the certificate is issued by him / her should countersigned by regular Railway Medical Officer available at the nearest hospital / dispensary health unit.
- The CMP should not perform administrative work like pre employment or periodical medical examinations, sanction of leave to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ staff and certificate with respect to food items considered unfit for human consumption, etc. However the CMP shall be allowed to permit Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ staff casual leave if sought, for 3 days or less at a stretch.
- The CMP shall not make medical recommendation of any kind referred to Para 559 to 564 of Indian Railway Medical Mannual ( IRMM ), 2000.
- The CMP will not have any financial powers, however he / she may operate the imprest account in accordance with the guidelines contained in the IRMM. However the cash vouchers in such cases shall be got countersigned by an authorized Railway Medical Officer. No cash imprest account shall be recouped unless the proposal is countersigned by an Indian Railway Medical Service Officer.
- The CMP shall not initiate / review / accept the annual confidential reports of Group ‘C’ Railway employees, however he / she shall, on request prepare and present the performance report of the staff.
- The CMP shall not indent or condemn / recommend for condemnation any tools and plants.
- For more details, application form and terms and conditions kindly visit http://www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in.