North Western Railway Recruitment 2013 for Ex-Servicemen
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Jaipur – 302 018.
NWR Railway Recruitment 2013 Application Opening Date for NWR Ex-Servicemen Recruitment 2013 : 13.07.2013
Application Last Date Submission for NWR Ex-Servicemen Jobs 2013 : 13.08.2013
Applications for North Western Railway 2013 are invited from Ex Servicemen as detailed under Para 9.5, who are citizens of India and such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India for 290 number of posts against Ex Servicemen Quota in Pay Band-I of 5200-20200 with Grade pay of 1800 ( Erstwhile group ‘D’ ) for different Division(s), Workshop(s), Unit(s) of North Western Railway. The application should be submitted on good quality plain paper, on the given / prescribed application & Datasheet format ( enclosed ) through ordinary post addressed to Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, Durgapura, Jaipur – 302 018, or may be dropped in the Application Box kept in the office at above mentioned address upto 17.00 hrs. of the last date i.e 13.08.2013 positively. Last date for candidates living in Andaman-Nicobar-Lakshadweep islands shall be 28.08.2013 upto 17.00 hrs., repeat only for candidates living in Andaman-Nicobar-Lakshadweep islands. North Western Railway Applications 2013 received after last date and time will not be entertained on any ground whatsoever.
Candidate who try to use any influence or unfair means would be disqualified. Candidates are advised to give their options in order of priority for categories and place of posting as per instructions given in para 6 and 7 as detailed below but it would not confer any right to the candidates to get appointment / posting at a particular place as per choice / priority. North Western Railway Administration reserves right to allot the post / place to selected candidates against any of the available posts / place as per administrative convenience.
1. Name / Category, scale of pay and Number of the posts for which NWR recruitment is to be conducted alongwith details.
|Code No.||Post / Category||Pay Scale ( Revised )||Medical Classification||Total No. of Vacancies|
|1||Trackman||5200-20200 + 1800 GP||B-1||174|
|2||Khallasi / Gateman||5200-20200 + 1800 GP||A-2||51|
|3||Khallasi / Helper||5200-20200 + 1800 GP||B-1||65|
Note : NWR 2013 Vacancies indicated above are only tentative and are subject to change.
Abbreviations : SC – Scheduled Caste, Ex-SM – Ex-Serviceman, ST – Scheduled Tribe, RRC – Railway Recruitment Cell, OBC – Other Backward Classes, NWR – North Western Railway, UR – Unreserved
2. NWR Ex-Servicemen Eligibility 2013 : Ex Servicemen who has retired after putting in 15 years of service and those passed Army Class I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible.
3. NWR Ex-Servicemen Minimum Educational / Technical Qualification 2013 : Matriculation pass or ITI or equivalent.
4. NWR 2013 Age Limit, including relaxation provisions : ( As on 01.07.2013 )
4.1 Age Limit for NWR 2013 Ex-Servicemen : 18 to 33 years.
NWR Ex-Servicemen Age Relaxation 2013 :
- By Five Years for SC / ST and by Three years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificates issued by the appropriate authority.
- Relaxation up to Five years will be given to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of Jan ’80 to the 31st day of Dec ’89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the appropriate authority of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable for NWR Ex-servicemen up to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 3 years, provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-Servicemen for further employment are not eligible for Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment and such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will not be considered against Ex-servicemen quota. Sons / Daughters / Wards of Ex-servicemen are not eligible to apply for the posts reserved for Ex servicemen.
- No relaxation will be permissible to SC / ST / OBC candidates against unreserved posts.
4.2 Proof of Age for NWR Ex-Servicemen 2013 :
- Matric certificate issued by Board or
- Army Class I passed certificate and
- School leaving certificate counter signed by Inspector of Schools / District Education Officer etc.
5. Names of the Divisions / Workshops / Units for which recruitment is being done :
- Divisions – Jaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner
- Workshops – Ajmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner
6. Priority for choice of division / Workshop / Unit : Sr.No.1 of Personal Data Sheet.
Candidates are advised to fill up codes as given below for priority for place of posting :
|Division / Workshop / Unit||Jaipur Division||Ajmer Division||Jodhpur Division||Bikaner Division||Ajmer W / S||Jodhpur W / S||Bikaner W / S|
7. Priority for choice of category : In the Personal Data Sheet at column 2, candidates are advised to fill up code number as given in para 1 of this notification.
8. Fees : Ex-servicemen are fully exempted from payment of any kind of fees.
9. Procedure for submission of application, including Personal Data Sheet :
9.1 Candidate should carefully read the instructions given under this Employment Notice for filling up application form. Application ( including Personal Data Sheet ) should be made on a good quality white paper of A4 size ( 210mm x 297mm ) using One Side Only. The candidate should use the Format published in this Employment Notice only. The candidates are required to fill up all desired information with Blue / Black Ink Pen / Blue / Black Ball Point pen. The application should be written either in English or Hindi, not in any other language. The application should be submitted under clear signatures of candidate applying. Application received in any language other than Hindi / English, and with any correction / erasing in application or any change in the format will be rejected summarily.
9.2 Candidate should mention “Application for Vacancies against Ex Servicemen quota in PB I 5200-20200 of Grade pay 1800 – North Western Railway” on the top of the envelope containing the application. Each candidate should submit his / her application in separate envelope.
9.3 The candidate should send application duly filled in along with required documents by Ordinary Post, at address mentioned above within the closing date and time positively. Application received after due date & time, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered. Speed post / Courier / Registered AD envelopes will not be acknowledged / accepted.
9.4 Candidates who have already been debarred for applying / appearing in exams by any of the Railway Recruitment Board / Railway Recruitment Cell or other Government Recruiting agency, need not apply unless their debarration period expires before the last date of submission of application.
9.5 Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
The term Ex-Servicemen means a person :
- who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non–combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces and who has retired from such services after earning his / her pension or
- who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded military service or other disability pension or
- who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment.
- The persons serving in the Armed Force of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex-Servicemen, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-Servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the Uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union. Such service Personnel who are to be discharged from military service on or before 01.07.2013 are eligible to apply against this employment notice.
9.6 Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Candidates :
For Ex Servicemen belonging to Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, closing date would be 28.08.2013, Time Upto – 17.00 hrs. Such Ex S.M. should enclose a certificate of domicile in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands from an appropriate authority of the Andaman & Nicobar / Lakshadweep Islands administration or a certificate from a school or college last attended in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his examination from the School / College situated in Andaman Nicobar / Lakshadweep.
9.7 Enclosures :
The following enclosures only are to be firmly stitched along with the North Western Railway application form. All enclosed certificates which are in language other than in Hindi or English should be translated in Hindi or English along with Xerox copies of originals duly attested by gazetted officer or Self.
- One coloured passport size photograph ( not older than 3 months without wearing cap & goggles / coloured glasses etc ). required and to be pasted on the Personal Data Sheet. The other Photograph in uniform paste on Application Form. Please do not put any mark or signature on these photographs. No attestation of photograph is required. The photographs should be neatly pasted and not stapled or pinned.
- SC / ST / OBC candidates are required to submit xerox copy of certificate in prescribed format issued by the appropriate authority for their belonging to particular categories duly attested by gazetted officer. Draft format for certificate for SC / ST is enclosed as Annexure – I and for OBC is enclosed as Annexure – II.List of Authorities empowered to issue certificates of verification for SC / ST / OBC Status
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner ( Not below the rank of Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate ).
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his family ordinarily resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep islands ).
- Ex-servicemen are required to submit attested copies of Certificates from the appropriate authority giving their length of regular service ( Discharge certificate / book ) and Matric Certificate or Army Class – I certificate or equivalent certificate.
- Attested copy of educational qualification certificate containing proof of age or School leaving certificate counter signed by Inspector of Schools / District Education Officer etc.
- Application received without above enclosures or with extra enclosures shall be rejected summarily.
- Copies of enclosed Certificates should be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Self.
- Original Certificates should not be enclosed with the application.
- Any certificate, photograph etc. which are not attached with application but submitted / received separately or subsequently to the receipt of application will not be entertained.
10. Recruitment Procedure for NWR Ex-Servicemen 2013 :
10.1 Panel will be framed on the basis of length of military service.
10.2 No Physical Efficiency Test / Written Test for Ex-Servicemen recruitment.
10.3 The recruitment for Ex-Servicemen in NWR shall be on the basis of scrutiny of applications and on medically fit for the job being considered by Railway Doctor.
10.4 Ex serviceman who has retired after putting in 15 years of service and has passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible.
10.5 SC / ST / OBC category of ex serviceman so appointed shall be adjusted against their quota. However, if their number exceeds, the prescribed quota of reservation, the number in excess shall be adjusted against unreserved category. Reservation for SC / ST / OBC is made horizontal reservation as per policy.
10.6 The appointment of the candidates will be subject to their being found suitable after antecedent verification and medical fitness as per rules.
10.7 Mere finding place on panel through scrutiny by RRC-NWR does not confer any right on the candidate for appointment.
10.8 RRC-NWR shall not be held responsible for any inadvertent error or mistake. Railway administration reserves all rights in untoward circumstances.
11. Instructions for candidates applying for NWR Recruitment 2013 :
11.1 The number of NWR 2013 vacancies shown are tentative and are liable to be increased or decreased.
11.2 Female candidates are also eligible. They may however note that the nature of duties may be arduous and may involve outdoor duties.
11.3 Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on North Western Railway after successful completion of NWR training wherever prescribed.
11.4 Candidate should send his / her application sufficiently in advance, before the last date as detailed in notification, to given address for RRC-NWR. Railway Recruitment Cell will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery, whatsoever reason, at any stage of the selection / recruitment process.
11.5 All candidates ( within age limit as laid down for UR candidates ), irrespective of community, will be considered for UR vacancies. However, against vacancies of specific Community quota, only candidates of that particular community will be considered, and any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
11.6 Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. The RRC-NWR shall have all rights to reject applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment process, and in case some candidates find erroneously place on the panel or gets appointed, and discrepancy comes to knowledge at later stage then such candidate shall be liable to be summarily terminated from service without any notice or assigning reasons.
11.7 Free Journey Railway Pass :
A free Second Class Railway pass, from nearest railway station to Jaipur and back, will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities for attending documents verification. All other candidates will have to bear their expenses for attending documents verification.
11.8 The tentative date for documents verification will be started from 30.09.2013 by RRC-NWR. However fixed date for document verification for individual eligible candidates will be intimated by NWR post.
Note : Mere issue of NWR call letter for documents verification by RRC-NWR does not confer any right for subsequent stages of recruitment process or placing names on the Panel.