North Eastern Railway Recruitment NER 2014 for Group D Post against Sports Quota
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager(P),
Website : www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
North Eastern Railway,
|Employment notice for filling of Group D post against Sports Quota 2014 - 15 in Mechanical Workshop,
North Eastern Railway,
|Closing Date & Timing : 20.10.2014 upto 17.30 hrs.
For resident of Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands. Last date will be 31.10.2014 upto 17.30 hrs.
1. North Eastern Railway application 2014 are invited from talented and outstanding sports persons having minimum sports norms as given in para 3 below on the prescribed format for recruitment in Group ‘D’ posts against Sports Quota 2014 – 15 in Mechanical Workshop, North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur.
2. The details of the game and number of NER vacancies 2014 in which recruitment is to be be done, are as under :
|S.No.||Discipline||No.of Post & Player Position||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Total No. of Post|
|1.||Hockey ( Male )||Goal Keeper - 01, Half Line - 01||PB - 1 5200 - 20200||1800/-||03|
|2.||Athelitic ( Male )||Runner - 01 400 metrs||PB - 1 5200 - 20200||1800/-||03|
3. Sports Norms for NER Sports Quota Group D Recruitment 2014 : The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sports person against sport quota through open advertisement in Grade Pay 1800/- and pay Band PB-1 5200 – 20200 is as under :
Represented the country in any of the category – C Championship / events Or At least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior category ) Or Represented a State of equivalent unit, except in Marathan and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championship Or At least 3rd position in Senior State Championship for all units and Districts of the State.
- Only Sports persons who have actually played in the sports in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sport person who represents as member of a team in any recognised sports / event Championship but has actually not played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota.
- All the recruitment shall be at the minimum of the scale of pay.
- All the Championships mentioned above should have been conducted under the aegies of recognised International / National / State Sports Federation and also recognised by RSPB.
4. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievements : The sports achievements of current and previous two financial years will be taken into account for eligibility. Therefore, the sports achievements of on or after 01.04.2012 will only be considered. The candidates must bring certificate from the federation that he has physically played in the field during the course of tournament in the trail otherwise they will not be allowed to take part in the trial.
5. Minimum Educational Qualification (a) Candidates must have passed Matriculation / ITI or its equivalent.
6. Age Limit for NER Sports Quota Jobs 2014 : Age must be in between 18 years to 25 years as on 01.01.2015. No age relaxation is permissible.
7. NER Sports Quota Group D Examination Fee 2014 :
- The candidates have to send a Demand Draft / Crossed Indian Postal order for 100/- drawn in favour of Sports Secretary, Mechanical Workshop, North Easter Railway, Gorakhpur payable at Gorakhpur along with the prescribed application.
- All SC / ST / Sikh / Muslim / Buddisht / Zorastrian ( Parsi ) candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
- Economically backward class candidates whose family income is less than the prescribed income limit are also exempted from examination fees. ( Income certificate must be enclosed ).
8. How to Apply for NER Sports Quota Group D Jobs 2014 : NER Sports Quota Application 2014 as per the format enclosed at annexure ‘A’ shall be submitted on A-4 size good quality paper. The NER Sports Quota application format 2014 should be in English or Hindi only. The NER Sports Quota application 2014 submitted in other than English or Hindi language will be summarily rejected. The application for NER Sports Quota Group D 2014 should be filled in by the candidate in his / her own handwriting and signed. The candidate has to affix one recent passport size photograph duly self attested on the application in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also advised to attach two extra passport size self attested photographs along with the NER Sports Quota application 2014.
9. Whom to Apply for NER Sports Quota Jobs 2014 : NER Sports Quota Application 2014 completed in all respects should be sent in an envelope addressed to Senior Personnel Officer ( Workshop ), in Mechanical Workshop, North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur – 273 012 So as to reach on or before last date. NER Sports Quota Group D Application 2014 may also be dropped in the box kept in the office of the Workshop Manager (P), Mechanical Workshop, North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur on any working day ( Monday to Friday between 10.00 hrs. to 17.30 hrs. and Saturday between 08.00 hrs. to 13.00 hrs. ) on or before last date. The applications for NER Sports Quota 2014 must reach on or before 20.10.2014. For candidates belonging to Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep Island closing date would be 31.10.14, upto 17.30. Such candidates should enclose Domicile certificate of Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep from the appropriate authority of the Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep Administration or a certificate from a school or College last attended in Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his / her examination from the school / college situated in Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed in bold letters “Application for Group D Post against Sports quota 2014 – 15 ( Open Advertisement Scheme ).”
10. NER Railway Sports Quota Recruitment Process 2015 : The recruitment will be based on trial, assessment of sports achievements and general intelligence / personality etc. The candidates who are found fit in trials only will be considered for next stage. An application / candidature may be rejected at any stage if the information / certificates found false / fake and Railways takes no responsibility to communicate the reasons whatsoever.
11. General Conditions for NER Railway Recruitment 2014 :
- Before applying to the post, the candidate should ensure that he fulfils the eligibility norms as given in para as 3, 4, 5 & 6 above.
- The name and initial of the candidates and father’s name appearing in school / college certificates and in sports certificates should be the same. There should be no difference.
- The specific position played in the particular game / events should be mentioned in the application without fail.
- The candidates already employed in Central / State / PSUS including Railways should submit their application through proper channel duly submitting “No objection certificate” from their employer.
- The decision of the Railway administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information and mode of selection shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prescribed for the selected post.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trial at short notice after the last date for receipt of application is over.
12. Invalid applications for NER Railway Jobs 2014 :
Applications with the following lacunae and irregularities will be summarily rejected.
- NER Sports Quota Applications which are incomplete, unsigned and applications which are not in prescribed format.
- NER Sports Quota Applications which are not in English / Hindi language.
- NER Sports Quota Applications without self attested copies of certificates in proof of age, Educational qualification, Community, Sports achievement / certificate etc.
- Enclosed attested translated copies of certificates which are not in English / Hindi language.
- NER Sports Quota Application 2014 without examination fee in the form of Indian Postal order / Demand Draft ( except the candidates who are exempted from examination fees ).
- NER Sports Quota Application 2014 without self attested photographs affixed.
- NER Sports Quota Application received after closing date Railway administration is not responsible for any postal delay.
13. Railway administration will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidates during the trails and selection.
14. The Employment notice is also available at our website www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in