North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2016 Against Scouts & Guides Quota
North Eastern Railway Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma given below from all the Eligible Indian citizens for Recruitment Against Scouts & Guides Quota for the year 2016-17 for Group C posts in pay band – 1 ( 5200 – 20200 ) with grade pay 1900/- and erstwhile Group D posts in pay band 1 ( 5200-20200 ) with Grade pay 1800/- on N.E. Railway and Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi.
Total Number of North Eastern Railway Posts 2016 : Details of North Eastern Railway posts are given below :
|S.L. No.||Division / Unit||No. of Group 'C' Posts ( PB-I, GP 1900 )||No. of erstwhile Group 'D' posts ( PB-I, GP 1800 )|
|1.||N E Railway||02||-|
|3.||Varanasi Division, NER||-||02|
|4.||Lucknow Division, NER||-||02|
|5.||Izzatnagar Division, NER||-||02|
- No posts are reserved for any particular community.
- A candidate can apply for both Group C and Group D posts. However, he/she will have to submit two separate NER Scout & Guide Quota applications for Group C and Group D posts along with separate Examination Fees. Such candidates should also send their applications in two separate envelops.
NER Scouts & Guide Quota Eligibility 2016
NER Scouts & Guide Quota Group C Educational Qualification 2016 : For Technician-III Matriculation or its equivalent with ITI in relevant trade (Recognized by SCVT, NCVT). Other Posts : 12th or its equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate. The compulsion of 50% marks in aggregate will not be insisted upon in case of SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen candidates.
NER Scout & Guide Quota Group D Educational Qualification 2016 : Matriculation (10th) or equivalent.
NER Railway Scouting 2016 :
- President Scout/Guide/Rover/Ranger or Himalayan Wood Badge (HWB) holder in any section.
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts Organization for the last 05 years. The “Certificate of Activeness”.
- Should have attended two events at National Level or All Indian Railway’s Level and two events at State Level.
Age Limit for NER Group D and Group C Scout & Guide Quota 2016 : 18 to 32 years. Age as on 1st January, 2017. The Upper Age Limit is given below, subject to submission of requisite certificates :
- By 05 years for SC/ST Candidates
- By 03 years for OBC Candidates
- Up to the extent of service rendered in Defense plus 03 years for Ex-Servicemen provided they have put more than 06 month’s service after attestation
- By 05 years for candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989
- By 10 years for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) (13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC/ST).
- Upper Age Limit for widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but not remained shall be 35 years for UR, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST.
- For serving Railway Staff, casual labor and substitutes, the Upper Age Limits will be 40, 43 and 45 years for UR, OBC and SC/ST respectively, provided they have put in a minimum of 03 years service.
- For those working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway, the Upper Age Relaxation will be up to the length of service, subject to a maximum of 05 years.
How to Apply for NER Group D and Group C Scout & Guide Quota 2016 :
- Candidate should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notice before filling the application form.
- Application shall be submitted on good quality white plain A4 size paper using only one side of the paper.
- The NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Application should be filled either in English or Hindi.
- NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Application form should be filled by the applicant in his/her own handwriting using a blue or black ball point pen.
- Serving Government employees should send their applications through proper channel duly forwarded by their controlling officers. The Last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However an advance copy of the application may also be submitted.
- Candidates claiming Age Relaxation or refund of NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Examination Fee must submit self attested copies of the requisite certificates, issued by the appropriate authority.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for both, Group C and Group D posts, he/she should submit separate NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota applications along with separate Examination Fees.
NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Application Sending Address 2016 :
NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respect along with all the enclosures should be sent by ordinary post to the following address.
Senior Personnel Officer,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
CCM Annexe Building,
Railway Road No. 14,
Gorakhpur (UP) – 273 012
or may be dropped in the box kept at the premises of Railway Recruitment Cell, Gorakhpur between 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM. on any working day on or before the last date of application in an envelope duly superscribing “Scouts & Guide Quota Group – C Posts” : if the application is for Group C posts and “Scouts & Guide Quota Group – D Posts” : if the application is for Group D posts.
NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Examination Fees 2016 :
500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only). For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex servicemen/Persons With Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes 250/-(Two Hundred Fifty only), which will be refunded to those candidates who actually appear in the NER Scouts & Guide Quota written examination. Fee will be in the form of Indian Postal Order (IPO), drawn in favor of Senior Personnel Officer, RRC, N.E. Railway, payable at Gorakhpur. IPOs issued before the date of issue of this Employment Notice will not be accepted and the NER Railway Application form will be rejected.
NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota Applications received with fee in the form of Demand draft/Cash/Cheque/central Recruitment Fee Stamps and Money Orders will not be accepted and application form will be rejected. Candidates must write their name and full address at the space provided in the postal order. Save as stated above, the examination fee is not refundable/transferable/adjustable under any circumstances.
Mode of Selection & Recruitment Process for NER Railway Scout & Guide Quota 2016 : The candidates, who are found eligible for consideration for recruitment against Scouts & Guides quota shall be assessed on the following basis :
- NER Railway Written Examination – 50 marks : Separate Written Examinations shall be conducted for Group C and Group D posts. The NER Scout & Guide Quota written examination will consist of 40 objective questions (40 marks) & 01 essay type question (10 marks) relating to Scouts and Guides organization and its activities and General Knowledge as per the syllabus.
- Scouting Skill Assessment – 10 marks : A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical Scouting & Guiding abilities of the candidates found eligible on the basis of their performance in the North Eastern Railway Written Examination.
- Marks on certificates – 40 marks :
- Participation/Service rendered in National Events/National Jamboree (including all Indian Railway Events) : (a) For First Two certificates (i.e. minimum eligibility qualification) No marks, (b) For one additional event 07 marks, (c) For two or more additional events – 10 marks,
- Participation/Service rendered in State Events/Rallies : (a) For First Two certificates (i.e. minimum eligibility qualification) – No marks, (b) For one additional event – 07 marks, (c) For two or more additional events – 10 marks,
- Specialized Scouts/Guides course organized at National/State/All Indian Railways level :
(a) For one Course – 07 marks, (b) For two or more Courses – 10 marks,
- Participation in District Rallies : (a) For one certificate – No marks, (b) For two certificates – 07 marks, (c) For three certificates – 10 marks.
The final empanelment to the tune of notified vacancies will be based on the Final Merit Order prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the NER Railway Written Examination, Scouting Skill Assessment and marks on certificates.
Syllabus for Selection under Scouts and Guides Quota 2016 :
History of Scouting/Guiding, Law and promise, Organization – District. & State level, Training Center-District. and State level, knowledge of Books, Scouting for Boys/Guiding for Girls in India, Motto, left handshake, salute, Prayer, Flag song, National Anthem, Know the National and Scouting Flags, Social services at various occasions, Hiking, Proficiency Badges : how these are earned? Stages in Scouting/Guiding, Thinking Day, Progressive Training of Scouts/Guides/Rovers Rangers, Pioneering, Handicrafts, Indian Railway Jamborette, National Jamboree, Jamboree On The Air, Organization at National Level : National training Centers, WAGGGS/WOSM, Uprashtrapati Award Competition, Prime Minister Shield Competition, Community Development Programmes, Aims and Methods of Scouting, How Scouting is useful in producing better citizens.?
General Conditions for NER Scout & Guide Quota Recruitment 2016 :
- A candidate shall be called for Written Examination only if he/she fulfills all the laid down conditions.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The educational or Scout & Guide qualifications acquired after the date of application shall not be considered.
- Candidates attempting to give false information/suppressing the facts will be disqualified and are liable for debarment and legal action. Candidates who attempt fraud/impersonation are liable to be debarred to appear in the future examinations conducted for recruitment in Railways.
- Candidates found eligible for appointment have to pass the prescribed medical examination conducted by the Railway administration before appointment.
- Mere selection of candidates and recommendation for their appointment shall not confer any right on the candidates for their appointment in Railway.
- Second class Free journey pass from the nearest Railway station mentioned in the NER Scout & Guide Quota application form will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC & ST communities whenever they are called at any stage of recruitment.
- The persons appointed against Scouts and Guides Quota to the category of clerks will be required to possess proficiency in typing within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and their appointment will be provisional subject to acquisition of the prescribed typing qualification within the stipulated period. In case of non acquisition of typing skill within the prescribed period, no additional time will be given and services of such candidates will be summarily terminated.
- Candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahoul and Spiti districts and Pangi Sub – division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nikobar and Lakshwadeep Islands should enclose a domicile certificate or a certificate of having passed the qualifying examination from the school/college situated therein
List of Enclosures for NER Scout & Guide Quota 2016 :
- Indian Postal Order for 500/- or 250/- as the case may be. SC/ST, Ex-servicemen, Persons with Disabilities, Minority candidates and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes should enclose self attested copies of the certificates issued by appropriate authority.
- Self attested copies of educational/technical certificates.
- Self Attested copy of Scouting/Guiding qualifications/event certificates issued by Authorized Signatories for events.
- Certificate of active membership of a Scout organization for the last 05 years on the format prescribed.
- For OBC Candidate the caste certificate must be on the prescribed format for employment under Government of India
- Self attested copy of 1Oth class or equivalent certificate as proof of Date of Birth.
- Income Certificate in case of Economically Backward Class candidates.