North Eastern Railway Group C and Group D Recruitment 2015 against Sports Quota
Railway Recruitment Cell,
North Eastern Railway,
CCM Annexe Building,
Railway Road No. 14,
Uttar Pradesh – 273 012.
Website : www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
Date of RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota Application Issue : 24.10.2015
Closing Date & Time for RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota Application : 23.11.2015 upto 18:00 hrs.
For residents of Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands last date will be 08.12.2015 upto 18:00 hrs.
1. RRC North Eastern Railway Applications are invited from outstanding sports persons having minimum sports norms as given in para 3 below on the prescribed format for recruitment in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts against Sports Quota for the year 2015 – 16 on North Eastern Railway, in the following games :
2. The RRC NER Railway Gorakhpur Sports Quota Recruitment 2015 are to be done in the following field of Sports :
|Sl.No.||Game||GP - 2400 / 2800 Group C||GP - 1900 / 2000 Group C||GP - 1800 Group D|
|No. of Post - 05||No. of Post - 16||No. of Post - 10|
|Playing Position||Playing Position||Playing Position|
|1.||Kabaddi ( Men ) ( Under 80 kg weight )||Right Corner - 01 post|
All Rounder - 01 post
|Rader - 01 post|
Right Cover - 01 post
|2.||Hockey ( Men )||Full Back - 01 post|
Half - 01 post
|3.||Cricket ( Men )||Fast Bowler - 01 post||-||Medium Fast Bowler - 01 post
Opening Batsman - 01 post
Spinner All Rounder - 01 post
|4.||Weight Lifting ( Women )||-||48 kg - 02 post||-|
|5.||Basket Ball ( Men )||-||Pivot - 02 post|
Above 06 feet height
|6.||Wrestling free style ( Men )||-||70 kg weight - 01 post|
97 kg weight - 01 post
|7.||Athletics ( Women )||-||5000 mtr. race - 01 post|
1000 mtr. race - 01 post
|8.||Volleyball ( Men )||-||Center Blocker - 01 post|
Libero - 01 post
|9.||Handball ( Men )||-||Right Back ( 2 ) - 01 post|
Centre ( 3 ) - 01 post
|10.||Hockey ( Women )||-||Right in - 01 post|
Left in - 01 post
|11.||Football ( Men )||-||-||Striker - 02 post|
|12.||Handball ( Women )||-||-||Right Back ( 2 ) - 01 post
Centre ( 3 ) - 01 post
P.P. ( 6 ) - 01 post
|13.||Badminton ( Men )||-||-||Single - 02 post|
3. Sports Norms for RRC NER Group C & D Recruitment 2015 :
3.1 The minimum sports norms for RRC NER Railway Recruitment of Sportsperson against Sport Quota 2015 through open advertisement in different Grade Pay and Pay Band for both ( team and individual ) events shall be as under :
|Sl.No.||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Pay Scale ( )||Grade Pay ( )||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|1.||PB - I||5200 - 20200||2800 - 2400||Represent the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ) or at least 3 position in any of the Category B championships / events as categorised in para 3.2|
|2.||PB - I||5200 - 20200||2000 - 1900||Represented the Country in any of the Category B Championship / events as categorized in para 3.2 below or at least 3rd position in any of the Category C Champions / events as categorized in para 3.2 below. Or at least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championship. Or at least 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or at least 3rd position in all India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian University. Or 1st position on Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).|
|3.||PB - I||5200 - 20200||1800||Represented the Country in any of the Category C Championship / events as categorized in para 3.2 below or at least 3rd position in federation cup championships ( senior category ) or represented a state or equivalent unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or at least 3rd position in Senior State Championship for all units and districts of the state.|
3.2 Categorization of International Championships :
Category – A : Olympic Games ( Senior Category ) Asian Games ( Gold medalist ).
Category – B : World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ) World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Games ( Senior Category ), Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).
Category – C : Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ), South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ), USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ).
3.3 In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Inter Slate Senior Athletics championship may also be considered for RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota recruitment against the posts having grade pay 1900 / 2000 in pay band 5200 – 20200.
3.4 In Cricket at National level, following sports achievements in 4 days / One day Limited Overs / Twenty – 20 Overs Men Cricket Championship ( Except Vizzy Trophy ); Organized under the aegis of BCCI, may also be considered for RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota recruitment against the post having Grade pay 1800 in pay band 5200 – 20200.
|Sl.No.||Details of Championships||Category||Minimum Sports Achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay 1800|
|1.||All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championship||Senior / Youth ( U - 22 ) / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championship|
|2.||All India Inter State Championship||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation in any stage|
|3.||All India Inter Zonal Championship||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation|
3.5 In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sports infield, shall only be eligible. Therefore a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognised sports / event Championship but has actually not played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Certificate must enclosed with application form regarding actual playing in the field.
3.6 Hockey India may be treated as the recognized National Sports Federation for the game of Hockey for the purpose of RRC NER Railway Group C & D Sports Quota Recruitment 2015.
3.7 In Badminton sportspersons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Ranking, in Grade Pay 1800 as per following criteria :
|Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay ( )||Pay Band ( )||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|Age Category||Event||Current Annual All India Ranking|
|PB - I||1800||5200 - 20200||Seniors||Singles||Upto 16th Position|
|Doubles||Upto 6th Position|
|Youth||Singles||Upto 8th Position|
|Juniors||Singles||Upto 8th Position|
Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purpose. Ranking in Mixed – Doubles shall not be considered.
3.8 In Hockey :
For recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 : At least 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations, may also be considered. Participation in these tournaments may be considered for RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- All the RRC NER Railway Recruitment 2015 shall be at the minimum of the scale of pay.
- All the championships mentioned above should have been conducted under the ages of recognized International / National / State Sports Federation and also recognized by RSPB.
- For RRC NER Railway recruitment of sports persons, on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National Championships, the age groups as mentioned below will only be considered.
|Sl.No.||Game||Category||Details of Recognised Junior National Championship|
|Age Group||Name of Championship|
|Junior National Athletics Championship.
Junior National Athletics Championship.
|2.||Volleyball||Men||Under 19||Junior National Volleyball Championship.|
|3.||Cricket||Men||Under 23||Col, C.K. Nayadu Trophy ( Inter State Championship ).|
|Under 19||Cooch Behar Trophy ( Inter State Championship ).|
|Under 19||Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Over Inter State Championship )|
|Under 19||Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Over All India Inter Zonal Championship )|
|4.||Football||Men||Under 19||Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy.|
|Junior National Handball Championship.
Junior National Handball Championship.
|6.||Weight Lifting||Women||Under 20||Junior National Weight Lifting Championship.|
|7.||Kabaddi||Men||Under 19||Junior National Kabaddi Championship.|
|8.||Hockey||Men||Under 21||Junior ( under 21 ) National Hockey Championship.|
|Women||Under 19||Junior National Hockey Championship.|
|9.||Basketball||Men||Under 18||Junior National Basketball Championship.|
|10.||Wrestling free style||Men||Under 20||Junior National Wrestling Championship.|
|11.||Badminton||Men||Under 19||Junior National Badminton Championship.|
4. RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Minimum Educational Qualification 2015 :
- For the post having GP 1800 – Pass in Matriculation or ITI or its equivalent.
- For the post having GP 1900 & 2000 Pass in 10 + 2 Equivalent or higher education.
- For the post having GP 2400 ( Technical ) – Pass 10 + 2 stage in Higher Secondary in Science i.e. Maths or Physics or equivalent.
- For the post having GP 2800. A university Degree or its equivalent.
5. Age Limit for RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota 2015 : 18 – 25 years as on 01st January, 2016. No age relaxation is permissible.
6. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievements :
The sports achievements of current & previous two financial years will be taken into account for eligibility. Therefore, the sports achievements of on or after 01st April, 2013 will only be considered.
7. RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Job How to Apply 2015 :
RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Application 2015 as per the format enclosed at annexure ‘A’ shall be submitted on A – 4 size good quality paper. The RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota application format 2015 should be in English or Hindi language only and should be filled in English or Hindi only. The applications for RRC NER Railway Sports Quota 2015 submitted in other than English or Hindi languages will be summarily rejected. The application should be filled in by the candidate in his / her own handwriting and signed.
The candidate has to affix one recent passport size photograph duly self attested on the application in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also advised to attach one extra passport size self attested photograph along with the application.
8. RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Examination Fee 2015 :
The candidates have to send a crossed Indian Postal Older drawn in favour of Senior Personnel officer RRC, North Eastern Railway, payable at Gorakhpur and as detailed below :
- All women candidates, SC / ST / Muslims / Christians / Sikhs / Buddhists / Zoroastrians ( Parsis ) candidates are exempted from payment of RRC NER Group C & D Sports Quota examination fees 2015.
- Economically backward class candidates whose family income is less than the prescribed income limit are exempted from RRC NER Railway Sports Quota examinations fees 2015 ( They have to produce income certificate on letter head in prescribed format as shown in Annexure ‘E’ ).
9. RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Application Sending Address 2015 :
RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Application complete in all respects should be send by ordinary post only in a cover addressed to the following and so as to reach on are before last date. :
Senior Personnel Officer / RRC,
North Eastern Railway,
CCM Annexe Building Railway Road No. 14,
Gorakhpur – 273 012.
RRC NER Railway Group C & D Sports Quota Application 2015 may also be dropped in the box kept in the RRC / NER Gorakhpur’s Office, on any working day ( Monday to Friday ) between 09:30 hrs to 18:00 hrs on or before last date.
Candidates belonging to Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands should enclose a domicile certificate of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands from and appropriate authority of the Andaman, Nicobar Administration or a certificate from a school or college last attended in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his / her examination from the school / college situated in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep.
The cover containing the application should be superscribed as “Application against Sports Quota 2015 – 16 ( Open Advertisement Scheme )”.
10. RRC NER Railway Sports Quota Recruitment Process 2015 :
The RRC NER Railway Group C & D Sports Quota recruitment 2015 will be based or trial, assessment, sports achievements and general intelligence / personality test. The candidates who arc found fit in trails only will be considered for next stage. Application / candidature may be rejected at any stage if found false and Railways take no responsibility to communicate the reasons whatsoever.
11. General Conditions for RRC NER Railway Sports Quota 2015 :
- Before applying to the post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility norms as given above.
- The name and initial of the candidate and father’s name appearing in school / college certificates and in sports certificates should be one and the same. There should be no difference.
- The specific position played in the particular game / event if applicable should be mentioned in the application without fail.
- The candidates already employed in Central / States / PSUs including Railways should submit their applications through proper channel duly submitting “no objection certificate” from their employer.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information, and mode of selection shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prescribed for the selected post.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- The candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trials at short notice after the last date for receipt of RRC NER Railway Sports Quota applications 2015 is over.
12. Railway administration will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidate during the RRC NER Railway Group C & D Sports Quota selection 2015.