North East Frontier Railway Recruitment 2016 for Scouts & Guides Quota
Recruitment for Scouts Guides Quota in NF Railway Guwahati 2016 :
In order to fill up 2 posts in GP 1900 and 10 posts in GP 1800 against Scouts & Guides quota for the year 2016 – 17, NF Railway Scouts Guides Quota Recruitment 2016 applications are invited from eligible candidates having Scout / Guide qualifications, as prescribed below ( The candidates having no Scouts and Guides qualification cannot apply ) :
|Sl.No.||Grade Pay||Pay Band||No. of Posts||Qualification & Eligibility Conditions ( as on 01.01.2017 )|
|Age Limit as on 01.01.2017||Educational Qualification||Scout & Guide Qualification|
|1||1900||5200 - 20200||2||( in years )|
UR : 18 to 29
OBC : 18 to 32
SC / ST : 18 to 34
|For posts viz. Ticket|
Collector, Commercial Clerk,
Jr. Clerk cum Typist,
Accounts Clerk cum Typist,
Trains Clerk in PB - 1
5200 - 20200/- with
corresponding Grade Pay
12th (+ 2 stage) or its
equivalent examination with
not less than 50% marks in
the aggregate. Typewriting Proficiency of 30 wpm in English or 25 wpm in Hindi is essential for considering to the post of Jr. Clerk cum Typist/Accounts Clerk cum Typist, based on vacancy.
[50% marks are not to be
insisted upon in case of
ST / SC / Ex- Servicemen and
where candidate possess
qualifications higher than
HSC, such as
For the Post of Technician Gr.
III in PB- 1 5200-20200/-
with corresponding Grade
Matriculation/10th or its
|a. A President Scout / Guide / Rover / Ranger Or Himalayan Wood Badge ( HWB ) holder in any section;
b. Should have been an active member of a Scouts organization for the last 5 ( five ) years ( i.e. from 01.04.2011 onwards ). The ‘Certificate of
Activeness’ should be as per Annexure - ‘C’; and
c. Should have attended two events at National Level Or All Indian Railways level and two events at State level.
|2||1800||5200 - 20200||10*||( in years )|
UR : 18 to 32
OBC : 18 to 35
SC / ST : 18 to 37
|Matriculation or ITI or equivalent.|
|*2 ( two ) posts per Railway DIvision viz, Tinsukia, Lumding, Rangiya, Alipurduar & Katihar.|
The selection for Group ‘C’ ( Grade Pay 1900 ) and erstwhile Group ‘D’ ( Grade Pay 1800 ) shall be conducted separately. A candidate may apply both for Grade Pay 1900 and Grade Pay 1800, but should apply vide separate application.
1. Conditions and Procedure :
- Necessary testimonials concerning Scouts & Guides activities up to the date of North East Frontier Railway Scouts Guides Quota 2016 application, along with copies of certificates regarding age, qualification, etc. – all duly attested by a Gazetted Officer should be enclosed along with the application.
- Two self-addressed envelopes ( size 24cm x 10cm ) with 6/- postage stamp affixed on each envelope and sent along with the North East Frontier Railway Scouts Guides Quota application 2016. ( SC / ST candidates need not send such envelopes. )
- Photographs : Three copies of recent passport size photographs in proper uniform duly signed on the front side top – one should be pasted on the North East Frontier Railway Scouts Guides Quota application 2016 and two copies ( also signed on top ) should be clipped along with the North East Frontier Railway 2016 application form.
- There is no provision of community-wise reservation against Scouts & Guides quota recruitment. The selection is open to all candidates and candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC candidates who apply against notification should enclose necessary certificates for upper age relaxation as admissible and future benefit of reservation subject to their appointment on the Railway. OBC candidates should submit certificate that they do not belong to the ‘creamy layer’.
- North East Frontier Railway Scouts Guides Quota 2017 applications are to be made only in the specific form as given below. Items No. 1 to 10 should be filled in English only.
- Candidates found suitable and appointed on the Railway shall have to undergo training as specified and applicable to the particular post.
- Higher fixation of pay will not be admissible to candidates appointed against Scouts & Guides quota.
2. Application Postal Address for North East Frontier Railway Recruitment 2016
- For post & in GP 1900 & GP 1800 :Asstt. Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
N. F. Railway HQ,
Guwahati – 781 011,
District Kamrup, Assam.
If applied for both post, separate application to be made.
- Application for post in GP 1900 & GP 1800 ( in the prescribed format ) with necessary enclosures should be sent by ordinary post only Or be dropped by hand in the application box kept in the Recruitment Section, CPO’s Office, NF Railway HQ, Maligaon, Guwahati.
- Application for North East Frontier Railway 2017 must reach the proper address by 17:30 hours on or before 19.09.2016. ( Last date for candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts, Pangi Sub-Division in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep and abroad, is 29.09.2016 ).
- The top of the envelope containing the application should clearly indicate “Application against Scouts and Guides Quota, E.N. No. 03/2015: GP ______ & Community : ____.”
3. Payment of NF Railway Examination Fee 2016 :
- All applications except SC / ST /Ex.Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward Classes. of 500/- only as examination fee. The IPO should be drawn in favour of FA & CAO / NF Railway, and payable at Maligaon Post Office, Guwahati – 781 011. Candidates must write their names & full address in the IPO. The North East Frontier Railway examination fee is not refundable under any circumstance. .
- North East Frontier Railway Fee Exemption 2016 :The candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex.Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward Classes 250/- only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the NEF Railway written examination.
- *A ‘minority’ means Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh and Zoroastrian ( Parsis ) and sikhs.
- ** ‘Economically backward classes’ will cover candidates whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum.
- The following officers are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or ‘Izzat’ MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Members of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
- The income certificate issued by the authorities enclosed herewith and issued on the letterhead of the issuing authority.
- A candidate applying for more than one event must submit separate applications with separate IPOs and complete documents for each event.
4. Procedure for North East Frontier Railway Recruitment 2016 :
- The Candidates, who apply in response to the Notification and are found eligible for consideration for appointment against Scout & Guide quota, should be assessed on the basis of following criteria :
- Distribution of Marks :
SN Particulars of Test and Scout & Guide Activity Marks Total Marks 100 A. Written Test : The written test will consist of 40 objective question ( 40 marks ) & 1 essay type question ( 10 marks ) relating to Scouts and Guides Organization and its activities and General knowledge for Grade pay 1900/- and Grade Pay 1800/-. The syllabus for this is as per Para - 13. 50 B. Scouting Skill Assessment : A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the candidates. 10 C. Marks on certificates 40 (i) Participation / Service rendered in National Events / National Jamboree ( including All Indian Railway Events ) : 10 a. First Two certificates ( i.e. minimum eligibility qualification ) Nil b. One additional event 07 c. Two or more additional events 10 (ii) Participation / Service rendered in State Events / Rallies : 10 a. First Two certificates ( i.e. minimum eligibility qualification ) Nil b. One additional event 07 c. Two or more additional events 10 (iii) Specialized Scout / Guides course organized at National / State / All Indian Railways level : 10 a. One Course 07 b. Two or more Courses 10 (iv) Participation in District Rallies : 10 a. One certificate Nil b. Two certificates 07 c. Three certificates 10
- The number of candidates to be called for North East Frontier Railway Personality Test / Interview will be equal to 5 times the number of North East Frontier Railway vacancies 2016. All candidates who score equal marks at the lowest cut-off mark ( within the five times limit ) will be called for North East Frontier Railway Personality Test / Interview.
- The selection for Group ‘C’ ( Grade Pay 1900 ) and Group ‘D’ ( Grade Pay 1800 ) shall be conducted separately. A candidate may apply both for Grade Pay 1900 and Grade Pay 1800.
- A written declaration will be obtained from all the candidates who finally qualify for appointment as per Annexure – ‘D’. If the candidate violates any of the said declarations furnished by him / her, he / she should be taken up under DA & R by the concerned CPO / Sr. DPO on the recommendation of State Chief Commissioner / District Chief Commissioner, as the case may be.
- The persons appointed against Scouts & Guides quota to the category of Clerks will be required to acquire proficiency in typing within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and their appointment will be provisional subject to the prescribed typing qualification within the stipulated period. In case of non acquisition of typing skill within the prescribed period, no additional time will be given and services of such candidate(s) will be summarily terminated.
North East Frontier Railway Medical Examination 2016 : Final appointment of duly selected candidates will be subject to their fitness in the medical examination by Railway Medical Authority prior to their appointment.
Compulsory Enclosures :
Attested photocopies of
- Age proof certificate,
- Educational / technical qualification,
- Scout / Guide qualification,
- SC / ST / OBC Certificate,
- Event Participation Certificates &
- Other qualification certificates.
7. Important Instructions for NF Railway Recruitment 2016 :
- The decision of the NF Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of NF Railway Scouts Guides Quota applications 2016 will be binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
- Spellings of name, father’s name and other details in the application form must be as per the original certificates. If any discrepancy is found, the application can be rejected at any stage of the selection.
- The applicant should clearly indicate the post applied for i.e. GP 1900 or GP 1800, otherwise candidature will be cancelled.
- Application which is not as per format ( Annexure – A ) will be rejected.
- Unsigned applications Or signature in block letters Or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- If left hand thumb impression not affixed / blurred / smudged on the application form, the application will be rejected.
- The application will be rejected if the applicants are found over aged, under aged, date of birth unfilled or wrongly filled.
- IPO issued before the date of issue of this Employment Notice will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- Candidates must write their name and address on the IPO and enclose it with the application form with one self-addressed stamped ( worth 6/- ) envelope ( size 24 x 10 cm ).
- IPO should be drawn in favour of FA & CAO / MLG and payable at Maligaon Post Office only, otherwise application will be rejected.
- Applications received with cash / cheque / Central Recruitment Stamp Or money order will not be accepted.
- Only attested copies may be sent with application form. Original Certificates should be produced only at the time of selection / interview.
- Selected candidates will be liable to serve on any post / department anywhere in N.F. Railway subject to training courses, if any so prescribed.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination as per the prescribed norms for different posts.
- Candidates already employed should submit their application through proper channel or “No Objection Certificate” from the employer should be attached.
- For any legal dispute the jurisdiction will be of Central Administrative Tribunal / Guwahati.
- Canvassing : Canvassing in any form, misbehavior, misconduct on the part of the candidate is prohibited and indulgence of such practice will be viewed seriously. The candidature of such candidates will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in the matter. The decision of the Competent Authority in the matter shall be final and cannot be questioned in any forum.
Proposed Syllabus for selection under scouts & guides quota for Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ posts
History of Scouting / Guiding, Law & Promise Organization – District. & State Level; Training Centre – District. & State Level; Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India; Motto Left Hand Shake; Salute, Prayer, Flag song, National Anthem, Know the National & Scouting Flags; Social Services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges, How these are earned?, Stages in Scouting / Guiding. Thinking day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers, Pioneering, Handicraft, Indian Railway Jamborette, National Jamboree, Jamboree on the Air. Organization at National level, National Training Centre, WAGGGS / WOSM – Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition; Community Development Programmes; Aims and method of Scouting; How Scouting is useful in producing better Citizens?
NB : The above notification and NF Railway Recruitment 2016 application forms are also available in our official website www.nfr.indianrailways.gov.in.
Abbreviations Used :
- GP = Grade Pay,
- SC = Scheduled Caste,
- ST = Scheduled Tribe,
- OBC = Other Backward Classes,
- BPL = Below Poverty Line,
- MST = Monthly Seasonal Ticket.