North East Frontier Railway Recruitment against Sports Quota 2016
North East Frontier Railway applications are invited from eligible citizens of India for appointment of sports persons through open advertisement against the sports disciplines :
For Head Quarters Unit ( Maligaon ) :
|Sl.No.||Event||Men / Women||Grade Pay||No. of Post||Position|
|1||Athletics||Men||1900 or 2000||01||Long Jump|
|2||Badminton||Men||1900 or 2000||01||Singles|
|3||Basketball||Men||1900 or 2000||02|
|4||Cricket||Men||1900 or 2000||01||Batsman|
|Women||02||1 Batswoman and 1 Wicket Keeper Batswoman|
|5||Cycling||Women||1900 or 2000||01||Short event|
|6||Football||Men||1900 or 2000||03||1 Striker, 1 Left Stopper,
1 Right / Left Back
|7.||Volleyball||Men||1900 or 2000||02||1 Setter and 1 Lebero|
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2016 :
For posts viz. Ticket Collector, Commercial Clerk, Jr. Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Trains Clerk in PB-1 5200-20200/- with corresponding Grade Pay 1900 : 12th ( +2 stage) or its equivalent examination. For the Post of Technician Gr.III in PB- 1 5200-20200/- with corresponding Grade Pay 1900 : Matriculation/10th or its equivalent.
Age Limit for Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota 2016 :
- Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years as on 01 January, 2017. No relaxation in lower or upper age limit will be permissible in this recruitment.
- Proof of Age viz., Matriculation certificate issued by a recognised board or equivalent must be produced.
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Norms 2016 : The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands for both team and individual events :
Grade Pay : 2000 – 1900/-
Pay Band : 5200 – 20200/-
Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment :
Represented the country in any of the Category-B championships/events. Or At least 3rd position in any of the category-C championships/events. Or At least 3rd position in Senior/Youth/Junior National championships. Or At least 3rd position in National Games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or At least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championships organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or 1st position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
Note : Categories of International Championships :
Category – A : Olympic Games ( Senior Category ).
Category – B : World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ), World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Games ( Senior Category ), Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).
Category C : Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ), South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ), USIC ( World Railways ) Championship ( Senior Category ).
- (a) In Athletics : Medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 in Pay Band 5,200 – 20,000.
- (b) In Badminton : Sportspersons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Rankings; in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands :
SN Grade Pay Pay Band Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment 1 2000 or 1900 5200 - 20200 Age Category Event Current All India Ranking Seniors Singles Up to 12th Position Doubles Up to 04th Position Youth Singles Up to 06th Position Juniors Singles Up to 06th Position
Note :Only current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered. Ranking in Mixed Doubles shall not be considered.
- (c) In Cricket ( Men and Women ) at international level, representation of Main Indian Seniors Team in a test match or in a limited overs one day international match or in a T20 overs match; shall be considered for recruitment against the posts of Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- (d) In Cricket at the national level, the following achievements in 4 Day / One Day Limited Overs / Twenty – 20 Overs Men / Women Cricket Championships ( except Vizzy Trophy ), organized under the aegis of BCCI, may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800 or 1900 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 :
SN Details of Championships Category Minimum Sports Achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay of 1900 or 2000 1 All Indian Int. State Elite & Plate Group Championships Senior / Youth ( u - 22 ) / Junior ( u - 19 ) Semi-finalists of Elite Group Championships 2 All India Inter State Championships Senior / Junior ( u - 19 ) Semi-finalists of All India knock-out stage 3 All India Inter Zonal Championships Senior / Junior ( u - 19 ) Finalist
Period for Reckoning Sports Achievement :
Candidates must be active sports persons and their achievements during the immediate previous 2 years i.e., on or after 01st April, 2014 shall be considered for appointment.
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Selection Procedure 2016 :
Short-listed eligible candidates will be called for
- Trial of sports performance.
- Interview and assessment of sports achievement, educational qualification etc.
Note : Only those candidates who perform better than the existing railway sports persons in their respective events, and if they fit into the NFRSA team, will be considered for appointment.
Procedure for Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Recruitment 2016 :
- Trials of the candidates shall be conducted to assess their sports performance and suitability for Railway / Unit team as well as Indian Railways team. Trial Committee shall give its recommendation in terms of either fit or not fit, for consideration for next stage, by giving marks ( maximum 40 marks ) :
- For game skill, physical fitness & coach’s observations during trials : 40 Marks.
- Fit Candidate : Candidate securing 25 marks or more.
- Not Fit Candidate : Candidate securing marks below 25.
- After Trial only the fit candidates shall be considered for the next stage i.e., interview stage by the Recruitment Committee.
- Recruitment Committee shall take interviews and award the marks ( out of 60 marks ) only to the fit candidates for their sports achievements, educational qualifications, general intelligence etc. Candidates declared ‘Not fit’ will not be assessed further by the Recruitment Committee.
- Interviews of the candidates shall invariably be held on the same day, just after trials or at the most, next day of the trials.
- Recruitment Committee is to add the marks given by the Trial Committee to the fit candidates ( i.e., out of 40 Marks ), in order to make the final merit list ( out of 100 Marks ).
- Distribution of Marks : Maximum marks which can be awarded by the Trial Committee for performance during Trial and Recruitment Committee during Interview stage :
Total 100 Marks For game skill, physical fitness & Coach’s observations during Trials 40 Marks For assessment of recognized Sports Achievements as per norms 50 Marks Educational Qualification 05 Marks General Intelligence / Personality etc. 05 Marks
- Minimum qualifying marks for recruitment through Open Advertisement in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands :
SN Name of Pay Band / Scale Grade Pay ( in ) Pay Band ( in ) Minimum Qualifying Marks 1 PB - 1 2000 5200 - 20200 65 Marks 2 PB - 1 1900 5200 - 20200
Note : The offer of appointment shall be given purely on the basis of merit. In case more than one sportsperson score the same marks, preference should be given to younger candidate to decide the merit.
Essential Certificates / Documents Required : Copies of certificates of sports performance, educational qualification, date of birth, caste, etc. should be sent duly attested by a gazetted officer.
Free Travel for SC / ST Candidates : A free 2nd class railway pass will be issued to SC / ST candidates only for attending the trial / interview. However, no TA / DA or other allowance will be paid to any candidate appearing in the selection trial / interview.
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Application Form 2016 : Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should apply as per application format given at Annexure – A by the candidate in his / her own handwriting on a good quality A-4 size plain paper along with two recent ( taken within last two months ) passport size photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer without wearing any wig, cap or coloured glasses. The application should be duly filled and signed by the candidate in own handwriting.
(a) For applications against HQ Unit : Applications must be sent through ordinary post addressed to
Asstt. Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
Northeast Frontier Railway HQ,
Guwahati – 781 011 ( Assam ) or
dropped in the application box in the Recruitment Section in the Office of
Chief Personnel Officer,
NF Railway HQ,
Guwahati ( Assam )
on or before 23rd August, 2016. ( For candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts, Pangi Sub-Division in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep and abroad, the last date is 02nd September, 2016 by post only ).
The envelope should be superscribed “Recruitment against Sports Quota :: Event ___.” with the name of the event.
(b) For Applications against Divisional Units : Applications must be sent through ordinary post to :
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Exam Fees 2016 :
- For all Candidates except SC / ST / Ex. Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward Classes the Fee is 500. The IPO should be drawn in favour of FA & CAO / NF Railway and payable at Maligaon Post Office, Guwahati – 781 011. Candidates must write their names & full address in the IPO. The examination fee is not refundable under any circumstance.
- For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex.Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward Classes the Fee is 250/- only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the written examination.
- Minority means Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians ( Parsis ) & Sikhs. Economically backward classes will mean those candidates whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum. The following officials are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting MP of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting MP of Rajya Sabha for persons of the District in which the MP normally resides. The income certificate issued by the authorities must be as per format given at Annexure – B enclosed herewith. This will have to be issued on the letterhead of the issuing authority.
- A Candidate applying for more than one event must submit separate applications with separate IPOs and complete documents for each event.
Northeast Frontier Railway Sports Quota Medical Examination 2016 :
The sportsperson ( male / female ) appointed, must fulfil the minimum medical norms for the post, for which he / she is being appointed.
Important Instructions :
- Spellings of name, father’s name and other details in the application form must be as per the original certificates. If any discrepancy is found, the application can be rejected at any stage of the selection.
- Application which is not as per format ( Annexure – A ) will be rejected.
- Unsigned applications or signature in block letters or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- If left thumb impression not affixed / blurred / smudged on the application form, the application will be rejected.
- The application will be rejected if the applicants are found over aged, under aged, date of birth unfilled or wrongly filled.
- IPO issued before the date of this Employment Notice will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- Candidates must write their name and address on the IPO and enclose it with the application form with one self-addressed stamped ( worth 6/- ) envelope ( size 24×10 cm ).
- IPO should be drawn in favour of FA & CAO / MLG and payable at Maligaon Post Office only, otherwise application will be rejected.
- Applications received with cash / cheque / Central Recruitment Stamp or money order will not be accepted.
- Candidature of those candidates who fail to appear for trials, interview and other selection procedures on the date and venue fixed for the purpose, will be cancelled without further notice.
- Railway Administration reserves all rights for recruitment of sports persons at any time / position for which suitable outstanding sports persons are available.
- The application can be filled in either English or Hindi but item nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11 & 12 should be filled up in English only.
- Only attested copies may be sent with application form. Original Certificates should be produced only at the time of selection / interview.
- Selected candidates will be liable to serve on any post / department anywhere in N.F. Railway subject to training courses, if any so prescribed.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination as per the prescribed norms for different posts.
- Candidates already employed should submit their application through proper channel or “No Objection Certificate” from the employer should be attached.
- For any legal dispute the jurisdiction will be of Central Administrative Tribunal / Guwahati.
- Railway Administration will not be responsible for any inadvertent error in the advertisement and will not be held responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
- In case of any legal dispute, the jurisdiction will be Central Administrative Tribunal, Guwahati.
Canvassing in any form, misbehaviour or misconduct by any candidate will lead to summary rejection and cancellation of candidature and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
NB : The above notification and application forms are also available in our official website www.nfr.indianrailways.gov.in