North Central Railway RRC Recruitment 2015 Against Scouts & Guides Quota
|RRC NCR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application Issue Date : 25.08.2015|
|RRC NCR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application Last Date : 28.09.2015.|
|RRC NCR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Exam Date : 08.11.2015.|
|RRC NCR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Exam Admit Card : 02.11.2015.|
Railway Recruitment Cell,
North Central Railway,
Balmiki Chauraha, Nawab Yusuf Road,
1. RRC North Central Railway 2015 online applications are invited from Scouts & Guides persons having minimum educational and Scouts & Guides qualification as given in para 2 & 3 below, for recruitment in Grade Pay 1900 / 2000 & 1800 against Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 – 16 vacancies on units of North Central Railway for the quota / vacancies indicated below :
|Unit||Unit No.||Pay Band - 1||Grade Pay||No. of Vacancies|
|NCR Head Quarters||1||5200 - 20200||1900 - 2000||02|
Note : Candidates willing to apply for more than one unit should fill / tick the respective units number while applying. Examination fee, if applicable, has to be paid separately for each unit.
2. RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 Educational Qualification :
a. For GP 1900 – 2000/- : The candidates should have minimum qualification of matriculation or equivalent examination passed with 50% aggregate or higher qualification from any recognized board / university. The condition of 50% marks is not to be insisted upon in case of SC / ST.
b. For GP 1800/- : The candidate should have minimum qualification of 10th pass or ITI or equivalent examination passed from any recognized board.
3. Minimum RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Qualification 2015 :
The candidate should possess the following certificates in support of his / her Scouts & Guides qualification :
- President’s Scout / Guide / Ranger / Rover; Or Himalayan wood badge holder or a pre HWB trained Scout Leader / Advanced Trained Guide / Leader / Captain.
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts & Guides organization for at least 3 years in the recent past and should continue to be active. Candidates must attach continuity certificate issued, after the date of issue of RRC North Central Railway notification 2015, by District Commissioner / Scout & Guide.
- Should have attended at least one event at National level and one or two events at state level or should have a good record of participation in Scouts / Guides activities at Unit / District level.
4. Age Limit for RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
- Candidates applying for Grade Pay 1900 / 2000 for unit no.1 should be aged between 18 to 29 as on 01.07.2015.
- Candidates applying for Grade Pay 1800 for unit no. 2 to 4 should be aged between 18 to 32 as on 01.07.2015.
4.1 Age Relaxation for RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate.
|Category||Relaxation of Age|
|SC / ST||05 years.|
|Physically Handicapped||10 years provided the post is identified as suitable for PWDs.|
|Serving Employees||a. For the serving Railway staff and casual labours / substitutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be upto 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided that they have put in a minimum of 3 years service.
b. For those working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of "service rendered subject to maximum 5 years.
|Widows / Divorced judicially separated women||Widows / Divorced / judicially separated women up to the age of 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates. ( in this regard Hon'ble court order is necessary. )|
|J&K - persons||J&K - persons who had ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 up to 5 years.|
5. Mode of RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota Selection 2015 :
The RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 recruitment process will be finalized by the respective divisions / headquarters office. The RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota selection 2015 of the eligible candidates will be on the following basis :
- Written Test : 50 marks.
The written test will consist of 50 objective type questions relating to Scouts and Guides organization and its activities as per syllabus outlined in Para 6.1 for GP 1800 & Para 6.2 for GP 1900 / 2000.
- Scouts / Guides Qualifications over and above the minimum prescribed as eligibility condition : 35 Marks.
- Participation in International event ( one event – 5 marks, two or more events – 7 marks ) : 7 Marks.
- Participation in National Events / National Jamboree : 7 Marks.
( No marks for the first event. The same being the minimum eligibility condition; first Additional event – 5 marks; Two additional events or beyond – 7 marks ).
- Participation in Jamboree on the Indian Railways : 7 Marks
( one event 5 marks; two or more event – 7 marks )
- Event / Rallies attended at state level : 7 Marks
( one event – 5 marks; Two or more events – 7 marks )
- Specialised Scout / Guides Course Pioneering / Mapping and standard judging Course / vocational craft course : 7 Marks.
( one course – 5 marks, two or more courses – 7 marks )
- Personality test / Interview : 15 Marks.
- Total : 100 Marks.
6. Proposed Syllabus for Selection under Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
- For the post having GP 1800 :
“History of Scouting / Guiding; Law & Promise; Organization – District & State level; Training Centre – District & State Level; Knowledge of Book; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India Motto, Left hand Shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting flags; Social Services at Various Occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges; How these are earned; Stages in Scouting / Guiding; Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air.
- For the post having GP 1900 – 2000/- :
‘History of Scouting / Guiding; Law & Promise; Organization – District & State level; Training Centre – District & State Level; Knowledge of Book; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India, Motto, Left hand Shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song : National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting flags : Social Services at Various Occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges : How these are earned; Stages in Scouting / Guiding; Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts : Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree : Jamboree on the Air. Organization at National level; National Training Centers, WAGGGS / WOSM; Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister shield Competition; Community Development Programmes : Aims and Methods of scouting; How scouting is useful in producing better citizens?
7. Conditions for RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 Recruitment :
- Before applying candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the minimum eligibility norms.
- Before posting against any working post the candidate will have to pass the requisite Medical Examination prescribed for the post conducted by the Railway administration.
- For posts where there is initial training prescribed, candidates has to qualify the training before posting.
- Selected candidates, if posted as Clerk-Cum-Typist have to acquire typing skill within a period of 2 years at the speed of 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi on Typewriter and it typewriting skills are tested on Personal Computers ( PCs ), then 40 words per minute in English or 35 words per minute in Hindi. It they will not acquire the requisite typing skill within two years, they will be posted in GP 1800 on one months notice.
- A caste certificate on the prescribed format for recruitment in Central Government services issued by the competent authority in the case of SC / ST, should be furnished for the purpose of taking relaxation as admissible.
- Selected candidates will be utilized by the administration for arranging activities / events etc. whenever need arises and they will also continue to perform the duties of the posts on which they shall be posted.
- The selected candidates can be posted anywhere & on any posts as per administrative requirements.
8. Serving Candidates :
Serving Railway staff and those working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative-societies and institutes should have to upload No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) issued by their employer.
9. RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota Examination Fee 2015 :
- No examination fee for candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / Persons with Disability ( PWD ) / Women / Minorities and Economically Backward Classes having annual family income less than 50,000/-.
- Economically Backward Classes candidates means those whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. They have to upload income certificate on prescribed format as per Annexure – D.
- For Unreserved / OBC Male candidates not coming within the purview of minority / economical backward classes / PWD / Ex-Servicemen, examination fee is 100/- for all categories.
- The examination fee is non-refundable. It should be paid online using internet banking or debit / credit cards ( service charges apply for all which will be borne by the candidates ). Applications not accompanied with examination fee, wherever required, will be summarily rejected.
10. How to Apply for RRC NCR Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
- Candidates can apply only through online mode by visiting the website of http://www.rrcald.org or www.ncr.indianrailways.gov.in. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions available on the website. The onus is on the candidate to prove that all the information provided / submitted by him / her in the application is true.
- Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling online application and fill up the personal details / Bio-Data, fee paid etc. carefully.
Note I : Candidates should ensure that their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth should exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during Document Verification will lead to cancellation of candidature and also to debarment. In case any candidate has formally changed the name, then gazette notification or any other legal document, as applicable should be submitted at the time of Document Verification. Such candidates should indicate their changed name. However other details should match with the matriculation certificate.
Note II : Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the online application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process as important messages will be sent by email and on mobile which will be deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- The examination fee of 100 for each unit ( unless exempted ) should be paid online using internet banking or debit / credit cards ( service charges apply for all which will be borne by the candidates ). After making payment of fee relevant details are required to be filled in the prescribed column of the online application.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned colour photograph in Scout & Guide uniform of size 3.5cm x 3.5cm ( Black & White photograph is prohibited ) in JPEG format and 20 Kb to 30 Kb at appropriate place of website.
- Candidates are required to upload their scanned Signature ( in English or in Hindi ) in JPEG format and 10 Kb to 15 Kb at appropriate place of website.
Note : Photograph :
The colour photograph in Scout & Guide uniform of size 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm in JPEG format and 20 Kb to 30 Kb ( not earlier than three months from the date of notification ), with clear front view of the candidate without sunglasses, should be uploaded. Candidates may note that their candidature may be cancelled at any stage in case of uploading old / unclear photograph or Signature in Capital Latter or variations between photograph uploaded and the actual physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph ready with them for bringing along with e-Admit Card and valid Photo ID at the time of examination.
- During submission of Online application, a Registration Number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to preserve / note their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process / correspondence with RRC or concerned units.
Note I : Applications which are illegible, Mandatory columns not filled, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, without photo of candidate, not having requisite fee ( if applicable ) are liable to be rejected.
Note II : In case the application is rejected, candidates will be able to view their status online on the website of RRC concerned along with the reasons for rejection(s). SMS and e-mail alerts shall also be sent to the candidates on their registered mobile number and e-mail ID, as indicated in their online application. Candidates whose application / candidature is rejected will not be intimated by post.
Note III : To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability / failure to log on to the website of RRC concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days.
Note IV : Railway Recruitment Cell does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
Candidates are required to apply only through online mode. No other mode for submission of application is allowed.