North Central Railway Recruitment 2014 for Fitter, Welder, Mechanic
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager
Wagon Repair Workshop
( Personnel Branch )
Subject : Engagement of Act Apprentices under Apprentice Act, 1961 for the year 2013 – 14 in Wagon Repair Workshop, Jhansi, North Central Railway.
Applications are invited for Act Apprentice training under Apprentice Act, 1961 for the year 2013 – 14 from candidates fulfilling the conditions mentioned in the notification in the under mentioned designated trades :
|S.No||Trade||Training Period ( As per Apprentice Act, 1961 )|
|1||Fitter||98||53||29||15||195||03 ( O/L, B/L )||02||One year|
|2||Welder ( Gas & Electric )||51||28||15||08||102||02 ( OL )||01||One year|
|3||Mechanic Machine & Tool Maintenance||10||05||03||01||19||Nil||Nil||One year|
|5||Painter||16||09||05||02||32||01 ( O/L )||Nil||One year|
|6||Crane Operator||02||01||01||00||04||Nil||Nil||Two year|
|8||Programming & System Administration Assistant||01||01||00||00||02||Nil||Nil||One year|
*Reservation is as per Rly Bd’s L.No.- E(MPP)2002/6/10 Dtd- 17.06.11, the reserved places are – SC 15%, ST 7.5% and OBC 27%. If the prescribed number of person belonging either to the Scheduled Castes or to the Scheduled Tribes are not available, then the seats so reserved for them may be filled by persons belonging to the Scheduled Tribes or as the case may be, to the Scheduled Castes and if the prescribed seats can not be filled even in the above given manner then the seats so lying unfilled may be filled by persons not belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes. Similarly the seats remaining unfilled by OBC candidates be filled by unreserved category.
** 03% of total seats are reserved for Ex.Service Men, their children and children of Armed Force Personnel, as per details mentioned below :
- Children of deceased / disabled Ex-serviceman including those killed / disabled during peace time.
- Children of ex-serviceman.
- Children of serving jawans.
- Children of serving officers.
*** 03% of total seats will be reserved for physically handicapped candidates. Only loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disability and Hearing handicapped having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply. A physical handicapped person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a competent authority i.e. Medical Board constituted by the Central or State Government.
2. Training Period and Training Place : Training period will be as per Railway Board’s letter dated- 22.07.02 ( RBE No.- 119/2002 ). Training place will be Wagon Repair Workshop, Jhansi.
NCR Railway Recruitment Eligibility 2014 :
3. Age Limit for NCR Railway Recruitment 2014 :
- Candidate must have completed 15 years and should not to have completed 24 years of age as on 01.01.2014
- The upper age limit may be relaxed by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For physically handicapped persons, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
4. NCR Railway Recruitment Educational Qualification 2014 : The candidate must passed 10th class examination or its equivalent ( under 10+2 system ) with 50% marks and ITI passed certificate in related trade from a recognized Industrial Training Institute affiliated to NCVT.
5. Stipend : Stipend will be paid as per instructions issued by Railway Board from time to time.
6. The application and call letter must be filled by candidate in his / her own hand writing in the given format on the full scape paper by ballpoint pen and sent to Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, ( Personnel Branch / Recruitment Section ), Wagon Repair Workshop, North Central Railway, Jhansi ( Uttar Pradesh ), Pin Code – 284 003. The following must be annexed with application and call letter in the envelope :
“Self addressed 02 envelopes size ’11′x’5′ in which, one envelope must be pasted with minimum registered postage stamp ( 27/- )” ( SC / ST candidates are being exempted for pasting of stamps. )
- The candidate has to paste 01 passport size recent photograph on the application form and 01 on the call letter on the appropriate place. Photograph must be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Candidate must ensure before submission of application that he / she is fulfilling qualifications and other standard prescribed. If any candidate does not fulfill the prescribed qualification and other eligibility criteria, the administration has the right to cancel / reject such application at any stage of selection process and if the candidate has been engaged for training, his / her candidature will be cancelled without prior intimation.
7. Last Date for NCR Railway Recruitment Application 2014 : The last date of receiving of the complete application form in all respects in the office is 27.12.2013 at 17:45 PM by ordinary post only. The candidates may drop his / her application form in the box placed at office of the Chief Workshop Manager, Wagon Repair Workshop, Recruitment Section ( Personnel ) branch North Central Railway, Jhansi ( Uttar Pradesh ) in any working day between 10.00 AM to 17:45 PM and in Saturday 10.00 AM to 12:45 PM up to 27.12.13.
8. Precautions for Submission of Application : The applicant’s name, address with pin code should be clearly mentioned on call letter. Candidate’s 01 recent passport size photograph should be pasted on call letter and another on the application form on the appropriate place. Both photographs should be attested by the Gazetted Officer. Call letter has to sent with application form. Incomplete / overwriting / erased applications forms will not be accepted. Application without attested copies of SC / ST / OBC / Handicapped Certificate / Educational / Technical qualification certificate will not be accepted. The candidates who have passed I.T.I. from S.C.V.T. are not eligible to apply and no correspondence will be considered from any person or organization in such type of application and no reply will be given.
No application will be accepted after last date. Office of the Chief workshop Manager, Wagon Repair Workshop, Jhansi will not be responsible for late or wrong delivery of postal department at any stage of engagement process under Act Apprentices. “Application under Apprentice Act, 1961 for the year 2013 – 14 in Wagon Repair Workshop, Jhansi North Central Railway” must be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
9. NCR Railway Recruitment Selection Process 2014 :
- The selection of Act Apprentice for training will be done on the basis of merit list prepared from the candidates who have applied & eligible in reference to the notification. There will be no written exam or interview / oral exam in this selection.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of total marks obtained in 10th or its equivalent exam by a candidate from recognized educational Board / Institute.
- The calculation of percentage of marks will be based on the total marks obtained in 10th or its equivalent exam from an educational Board / Institute and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects.
- If more than one candidate gets equal marks / percentage in 10th exam or its equivalent exam, then the elder candidate whose date of birth is earlier will be higher in rank than the other whose date of birth will come later.
- Trade / Community / Category ( reservation category ) wise Select List will be prepared on the basis of merit.
- The candidates placed in the select list will be called for verification of documents in due time.
- The candidate will be declared fit for training after being given the medical fitness certificate on successful medical examination by Authorized Railway Medical Officer. If the candidate fails in medical examination, his / her candidature will be cancelled and has no right for training.
- No Daily allowance or Travelling allowance will be admissible to candidates come for verification of documents.
- Hostel / Residential facility will not be provided to selected candidates and as per Apprentice Act, 1961 the selected candidates have to arrange themselves.
9.1 There is no guarantee of employment in railway on completion of their training under Apprentice Act, 1961.
9.2 The candidates who have already completed their training under Apprentice Act, 1961 from any institute / establishment are not eligible to apply under this notification.
10. Agreement of Training : The selected candidate or his / her guardian ( in case of minor ) has to execute an apprenticeship contract or agreement with employer before apprenticeship training as prescribed under the Apprentice Act, 1961.
11. After completion of training every apprentice have to go to Trade Test conducted by Director General, Employment & Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment, New Delhi. Passed candidate will get national trade certificate but have no guarantee of employment.
12. The decision of administration regarding selection of candidates and their training will be final. If on late stage it is found that select candidate has given wrong / false information to his / her integrity then the candidate will be dismissed without giving any notice.