Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Limited Recruitment 2014 for Director ( Rolling Stock & Systems )
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Limited,
1st Floor, Janpath Market,
Lucknow – 226 001.
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Limited invites application for the recruitment to the post of Director ( Rolling Stock & Systems ).
Name of the LMRL Post : Director ( Rolling Stock and Systems )
Number of LMRL Director Posts : One
Date of Vacancy : 01.06.2014
Scale of the LMRL Director Post 2014 : 75,000-1,00,000/-/- ( IDA Pattern ) along with other allowances / perks / privileges as applicable for the post as per LMRC rules. Officers on deputation will be paid as per Central Govt. rules for deputation, besides perks and allowances as admissible by LMRC.
1. LMRL Company Profile : Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Limited ( LMRC ) has been set up by Government of Uttar Pradesh as a special Purpose Vehicle for implementation and operation of rail based Mass Rapid Transit System ( Metro ) in the capital city of Lucknow. It was incorporated as a Government company on 25th November 2013. The first Phase of the proposed Metro rail network is planned to consist of a North-South corridor from CCS Airport near Amausi to Munshi Pulia via Charbagh Railway Station and Hazratganj ( 22.878 km. ), estimated to cost 6,880 cr as completion cost.
LMRL Company aims to set up highest standards in delivery of world class modern Metro System for the city of Lucknow to the best of international practices in implementing such a mega infrastructure project in highly complex urban environment in strict time schedule and cost estimate. Apart from implementing Metro project in Lucknow, the Company aims to develop expertise in undertaking studies and providing consultancy service for planning and developing similar Mass Rapid Transit Systems in the other major cities of Uttar Pradesh in due course.
In addition to it, the LMRC is also entrusted with the responsibility of reconstruction of head quarters of 32nd Battalion PAC located at Kanpur road near Transport Nagar. For strengthening its financial resources, LMRC has to also develop 150 acres of land being provided by Govt. of U.P. besides other properties as “Property Development”, as also generate non-fare box revenue.
2. LMRL Director Job Description and Responsibilities : Incumbent of the post shall be a member of the Board of Directors of LMRC and will report to the Managing Director of the Company. He will be responsible for the overall planning of System works for the Lucknow Metro project comprising of Electrical works, S & T and Rolling Stock including finalisation of technical specifications, design and architecture, tendering for System works, contracting, related project administration for these works, monitoring of construction, integrated testing and commissioning, interface management, quality assurance, safety and cost control for Systems comprising of Rolling Stock, Signalling, Telecommunication, Traction, Power systems and Electrical / Mechanical works at stations etc. He will also be responsible for planning similar System requirements for future extensions of the project corridors as well as for new corridors for subsequent phases of Lucknow Metro project.
3. Eligibility for LMRL Director Jobs 2014
- Age ( as on 01.06.2014 )
- Minimum – 45 years
- Maximum – 58 years
- Qualification and ExperienceEssential :
- The applicant should be an engineering graduate from the Electrical / Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline with good academic record from a recognized university / institution of repute.
- An applicant from Government or public sector should have a minimum of 20 years of experience in Group ‘A’ or equivalent executive grade. An applicant currently not in Government or public sector, but having earlier experience of at least 20 years in Group ‘A’ or equivalent executive grade in Government or public sector, shall also be eligible. Applicants who have worked for at least 2 years in the pay scale of 51300-73000 ( IDA ) or in SA grade ( with grade pay of 10,000 in Pay Band 4 of the revised CDA pay band of 37400-67000 ) in Government / PSUs will have an added advantage.
- An applicant from private sector with a minimum of 20 years experience at an executive level in an organization of repute shall also be eligible.
- The applicant should have a minimum of 5 ( five ) years experience out of the 20 years mentioned above at senior level in Railway Electrification works of large nature, Metro Railway Projects / Manufacture of EMUs / Electric Locomotives.
- The applicant should have experience and knowledge of coordinating and interfacing with Railway related disciplines such as track installation, signalling, electrification and rolling stock etc.
- The applicant should have proven experience and knowledge in handling Metro Rail operation or EMU or Rail operations.
- Experience at senior level in modern Metro Rail Projects.
- Experience of all phases of major rail based urban transportation projects on international contracts i.e. planning, tender document preparation, bidding, execution, commissioning, post-commissioning etc.
- Experience of implementation of major projects and knowledge of complying with project related requirements of international funding institutions.
4. Duration of Appointment : The appointment shall be for a period of 5 years or upto the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier, on contractual basis. Further extension to tenure shall be with the approval of the Board of Directors of the Company. General age for superannuation will be 60 years unless extended otherwise by the competent authority.
5. Submission of Applications
- Prospective candidates should send their application in the format at Annexure-1 furnishing a comprehensive Bio-data including name, date of birth, address for communication, details of qualifications and experience covering organisation, position held, areas of responsibility and emoluments drawn etc. along with two copies of passport size photographs.
- The applications should accompany, inter-alia, a write up on the significant contributions made by the candidates during their present / past assignments and their suitability for the post as per the eligibility requirements.
- Additional information in support of their candidature may be provided by the candidates on plain sheets of paper.
- Persons employed with Government / Railways including Railway PSUs / Metro Rail Corporations shall apply through proper channel and shall produce a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employers at the time of interview. Other candidates can submit their applications directly.
- Applications in a sealed envelope superscribed as “Application for the post of Director ( Rolling Stock & Systems ), LMRC” should reach office of “The Company Secretary, Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, 1st Floor, Janpath Market, Hazratganj, Lucknow – 226 001″ latest by 13.06.2014.
Applications received late or incomplete will not be entertained.The Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation reserves the right to shortlist candidates for interview. No correspondence in this connection shall be entertained.
6. Payment of TA : All the candidates called for interview shall be paid to & fro Flight Charges ( Economy Class for domestic travel within India only ) on production of requisition.