Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Recruitment 2016 for Project Engineer, Junior Technical Assistant
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited,
( A Government of India Undertaking ),
Navi Mumbai – 400 614.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited ( KRCL ) a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways, invites applications for the following post on contract basis, at fixed remuneration rate all inclusive for project.
|Sr. No.||Category||Fixed Remuneration||No. of Posts||Essential Qualification||Professional Qualification|
|1.||Project Engineer||45,000/- per month||04||Graduate in Civil Engineering or equivalent with not less than 55% marks from recognized ( AICTE ) university.||Minimum 5 years experience
in planning, Execution, Supervision and / or Quality Control Assurance for construction of civil Engineering preferably Railway and Road works in a
PSU / reputed private company.
|2.||Junior Technical Assistant||30,000/- per month||07||Minimum diploma in Civil from recognized University ( AICTE ). Higher qualification candidates can also apply but should possess the minimum experience criteria as per the notification.||Minimum 2 years experience in construction of civil Engineering works in a PSU / reputed private company.|
The period of contract will be initially for a period of 02 year, extendable to one year or more on satisfactory performance and mutual consent and as per the requirement. A hike of 10% of the total remuneration is proposed for the 2nd year.
Age Limit for KRCL Recruitment 2016 : The candidates should be maximum 45 years for the post of Project Engineer, 35 years for the post of Junior Technical Assistant as on 01.07.2016 with age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen is discretionary.
Relaxation in age and experience can be considered for deserving candidates. In this respect, the decision of KRCL will be final. Candidates fulfilling the above criteria may report directly for walk-in interview along with one copy of application.
Date, Time and Place of Walk in Interview :
Date : 25.05.2016
Time : 10:00 hrs onwards.
Konkan Rail Vihar, Sectror 40,
Seawood West, Nerul,
Navi Mumbai – 400 706.
Registration Time : 09.30 hrs to 13:30hrs on the date of walk-in interview.
After preliminary screening of the applications submitted by the candidates in person, the eligible candidate(s) will only be interviewed. Candidates should come prepared to stay for minimum 2 days, if required, at their own cost. No train / bus fare / TA / DA shall be payable by the Corporation. Applications should be complete and strictly as per the prescribed format. Applications not conforming to the prescribed format or having illegible / ambiguous certificates or without certificates or incomplete will be summarily rejected.
Documents to be Attached with the Filled Application :
- Attested copies of certificate in proof of qualification ( As per the qualification specified in the instruction sheet ).
- Attested copy of Proof of Date of Birth.
- Attested copy of caste certificate in the format required for Central Government Employment ( in case of SC / ST / OBC ) and certificate in support of claims for Ex-servicemen.
- Two attested passport size recently photographs.
- Experience certificate.
- No examination fee.
General Information ( Applicable to all applicants ) :
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria only, will be interviewed.
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before walk-in-interview.
- The candidates must bring with them original certificates, along with 1 set of attested photocopy in proof of age, caste, educational qualification and experience on the date of interview, failing which candidate will not be eligible for interview. Certificate in support of claims for Ex-servicemen.
- Candidate should bring 2 character certificates from different officers i.e. Gazetted Officers / Executives Officers for certifying that he is bearing good moral character.
- Incomplete or vague educational qualification will be invalid.
- Even after contractual agreement, if any document / certificate / information are found incorrect or false in any scrutiny or verification, then the contractual service will be immediately terminated forthwith without assigning any reason and prior notice, besides legal action which may also be initiated.
- The Corporation reserves the right to cancel / restrict / curtail / enlarge the contract engagement process, if need so arises, without any prior notice and without assigning any reasons therefore.
- Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond of 50,000/- in favour of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited on 100/- stamp paper to serve the Company for the period specified in the subsequent para below or any further extended period.
- The outstation candidates must come prepared to stay for minimum 2 days at their own expenses, if required.
- Selected candidate will have to pass prescribed medical examination before the contract is entered into, for fitness to perform the work awarded.
- The selected candidates should be able to join at the project site within maximum 30 days after issuing of contract Engagement letter by KRCL, otherwise it is deemed to have lapsed.
KRCL Job Selection Process 2016 :
- The candidates shall arrive at the time and venue and get registered with the nominated KRCL official for the walk-in interview as indicated.
- The candidate will be interviewed by a nominated Committee and the selection will be finalized on merit based on the performance in the interview, qualification and post qualification experience gained by the Candidate.
- The decision of the Nominated Committee will be final and binding.
The other broad terms of contract are given below for information of the candidate which are subject to changes at the time of actually entering into the contract, at the discretion of KRCL, which may please be noted :
- Initially, the contract period will be for a period of 02 year, and extendable to one year or more on satisfactory performance and with mutual agreement as per the requirement.
- The contractual service is required for different projects of KRCL, mainly at Kudgi, Bijapur District, Karnataka and at Gadarwara, Narsinghpur, Madhya Pradesh and hence can be posted and transferred at anytime, anywhere in the NTPC project sites during contract period based on the requirement of KRCL. This is not a regular establishment post.
- Monthly remuneration includes the HRA and Transportation allowance. The other benefits are as below :
- The selected candidates shall be entitled to reimbursement of premium of Life insurance to the extent of 500 per annum obtained from a recognized Insurance company, for self only. The reimbursement will be made to him on production of original receipt of payment of the premium.
- KRCL will reimburse 750 ( JTA ) and 1000 ( for Project Engineer ) towards usage of mobile phone on submission of necessary bills / vouchers.
- Free bachelor accommodation will be provided by KRCL at Project sites only. No food or food / mess allowance will be paid by KRCL.
- KRCL will reimburse maximum of 1500/- per month on submission of necessary bills / vouchers towards medical facility to the selected candidates.
- The selected candidate shall be entitled to reimbursement of premium of mediclaim policy to the extent of 500/- per month of mediclaim policy of recognized insurance company for self and family taken by him. The reimbursement will be made to him on production of original receipt of payment of the premium.
- The Corporation reserves the right to terminate the contract if the contract appointee is found unsuitable, by giving 2 months notice or payment in lieu thereof. Similarly, the appointee will be required to give 2 months notice to KRCL for termination of contract.
- The candidate selected for the above contractual agreement shall not be absorbed in KRCL regular service. The candidate therefore, shall not have right to claim for permanent absorption in KRCL, and shall be required to give an undertaking in writing to KRCL to that effect.
- The selected candidate shall be paid the consolidated remuneration as mentioned herein above and shall not be eligible or entitled to any other benefit or allowance. Further on engagement, he / she should also attend emergencies and other calls of duties, as demanded and expected, during their day to day activities.
- In the event the appointee is found involved in undesirable activities such as embezzlement, unlawful activities ( including passing on confidential information of KRCL ), unauthorized absence, in-subordination or breach of any of the terms of contract without prejudice to the right to initiate civil / criminal proceedings, the contract appointment shall be terminated.
The termination of contract and its consequences :
- In addition to the above conditions, the contract agreement shall be terminated on :
- Completion of last day of contract period or any extended period thereon.
- The breach of any terms of contract of employment by contract employee.
- The last day of the 2 months notice period of termination issued by either side or payment in lieu thereof by either party.
- If any litigation on whatsoever account is initiated by or against KRCL, the cause of which lies in contract period, the presence of contract appointee will be required, even after termination or expiry of the contract agreement.
- Upon any premature termination or expiration of contract for any reason, the contract appointee shall return to KRCL any property belonging to KRCL, all tools and plants, documents, any passwords or user ids etc. under his control. This will include all confidential information regarding work, hard and soft copies of documents and information of whatever description of whatever form, tangible or intangible in his possession, together with copies, notes or summaries of such documents and his own working papers which are derived or based upon such documents.
- They will have to clear all their advance(s) or due(s), if any cash or vouchers or if any financial outstanding liabilities etc.
- Contract appointee will be responsible for the acts and omission(s) in the course of contractual service during the period and thereafter.
Travel on duty and expenses :
- Duty pass for AC3 class for Project Engineer and Sleeper Class for Jr. Technical Assistant, may be issued while traveling on duty in the interest of organization.
- Expenses and Cost :The fixed rate of 100% expenses at the prevailing rates per day outside during the course of contract period and will be payable as detailed below :
- For 12 hours and above : 100%
- For 6 hours and above : 70%
- Less than 6 hours : 30%
- Rest House : Rest House of KRCL, if available, will be provided while on duty or reimbursement of hotel charges as per rates fixed by KRCL will be allowed, on production of vouchers.
Leave : Contract appointee will be entitled for fully earned leave of 15 days on completion of every 6 months of contract period. This leave can be accumulated. However, no encashment is permitted. In addition, the appointee will be eligible for 8 days Casual Leave in a calendar year. Weekly off and other public holidays, as applicable to concerned offices, at the place of posting will be applicable. Normal working hours as applicable or as intimated at KRCL project sites are to be followed and during exigencies, some extra hour working will be required but no extra over time or any other type of allowance/ compensation for working beyond the nominated hours shall be paid by KRCL and the remuneration fixed per month includes this. The candidate does not have any type claim for working extra hours.
Leave to be availed only after valid sanction as per KRCL norms from the controlling authority and it the candidate avails leave without valid sanction, the same will be treated as Absent without Pay.
The Contract Appointee shall be governed by Indian Laws and shall be subject to the judicial courts in the concerned state.
Statutory Income Tax, Professional Tax and other taxes will be deducted at source, as applicable from time to time.