Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Recruitment 2016 for Medical Officer
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited,
( A Government of India Undertaking )
Plot no.6, Sector 11,
Navi Mumbai – 400 614.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited ( KRCL ), a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railway, having its Corporate Office at CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai. Applications are invited from eligible candidates as Direct Recruited Officer ( DRO ) for the following post on regular basis in Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( KRCL ) :
|Sr. No.||Category||Pay Scale||No. of posts||Eligibility||Upper Age limit as on 01.07.2016||Educational Qualification|
|01.||Medical Officer||PB - 3 15600 - 39100 with GP 5400/-.||ST - 01||To be filled through open competition.||40 Years||Essential Qualification : Should be an MBBS from recognized University with two / three years of experiences. Additional professional qualification and experience is desirable ( though not essential ) along with proficiency in Computer usage.|
The Corporation reserves the right not to fill up the post and also reserve the right to short list for interview only the optimum number of most eligible candidates from applicants possessing the requisite qualification. The age mentioned above can be relaxed at the discretion of KRCL in deserving cases. The decision of KRCL in this regard shall be final. The shortlisted eligible candidates will be required to undergo Personal Interview and prescribed medical examination before being employed in KRCL. Candidates employed in Govt. service / Autonomous Bodies / Govt. undertaking should submit No Objection Certificate from the present employer at the time of interview.
Note : Physically disable candidates with physical standards and function classification as laid down below and Ex-servicemen can also apply.
Age Limit for KRCL Medical Officer Job 2016 : The candidates should not have crossed the upper age limit as mentioned in above table as on 01.07.2016.
Job Description and Responsibility : The incumbent shall be responsible for providing statutory services for Medical relief during Accident / Periodical inspection and upkeep of ARME Scale II, POMKA, Augmented first aid boxes at Health unit, First aid boxes at stations / Implementation of Prevention of Food Adulteration Act. Conducting Medical Examinations of Candidates and Employees. Providing Comprehensive health care services to the employees and their dependents through OPD services at health units and also at other stations by conducting period station visits. Emergency medical service to bonafide passengers. Scrutiny and Certification of medical bills. Preventive and primitive health care activities and implementation of various National Health Programs.
Mode of Selection for KRCL Medical Officer Job 2016 : Based on the applications received, eligible candidates will be called for Personal interview ( including PPT on any case on service matter ) and scrutiny of documents with the original certificates. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, communication skills, and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through all the screening process and Medical Examination before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidate with all clear records and as per merit will be called for prescribed medical examination.
The success in the selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless the Corporation is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate having regards to his / her character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service. The selected and medically fit candidate will be provisionally appointed based on the merit position. Candidate so selected will be on probation for a period of 2 years. Selected candidate will be required to submit Indemnity Bond and complete all recruitment formalities as prescribed. Selected candidate will be governed by all rules and regulations and service conditions as applicable to all other regular employees of KRCL.
Note : The candidates applying for the recruitment should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions. KRCL intends calling about 5 times the number of the candidates than the number of the vacancies based on their suitability for the job i.e additional qualification, additional experience and marks obtained in MBBS. In this regard, the decision of KRCL will be final and binding. The specific dates for interview will be intimated along with the list of short listed candidates through our websites.
Medical Examination for KRCL Medical Officer Jobs 2016 : The candidates will have to pass the prescribed medical examination as decided by the Management and to be conducted at the candidate’s cost by Konkan Railway Corporation’s Medical Authorities. The medically fit candidates will only be considered for employment in KRCL. No alternative job will be provided if a candidate selected for a particular category fails to qualify in the prescribed medical test of that category / post.
Posting : The selected candidates can be posted and transferred anywhere in the area of operation of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd, including its project sites. However, the employees of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. are not eligible for transfer to other Zonal Railways.
Probation : The selected candidate will be placed on Probation for a period of Two years and the confirmation will be subject to the departmental Written Examination to assess the professional abilities.
Benefits : The selected candidates will be eligible for all benefits as given to regular employees of KRCL in the specified pay scale. For various allowances payable to Medical Officers the decision taken by the administration shall be final and binding on the medical officers.
Private Practice : Private Practice will be allowed outside duty hours and outside Konkan Railway premises. Hence non-practicing allowance is not payable. In case of emergency, their services should be available at any time after duty hours.
Superannuation : The age of superannuation for KRCL staff is as applicable to Central Govt. employees which is 60 years at present. The retirement benefits will be given as and if applicable on the date of superannuation.
How to Apply for KRCL Medical Officer Recruitment 2016 : The application forms can be down-loaded from the Konkan Railway website – www.konkanrailway.com. The applications duly filled online and should be submitted to the following address :
Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd,
Plot No.6, Belapur Bhavan,
Sec – 11, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai – 400 614.
On or before 29.02.2016. On submission of valid application online, the system will generate a filled application form with registration ID and same has to be printed, signed and sent along with the documents mentioned below to the above address on or before deadline. The registration ID number should be mentioned on the top of the envelope.
Important Notes for KRCL Medical Officer Vacancy 2016 :
- A candidate should be physically and mentally fit. For being considered as physically disabled, the candidate should have disability of forty percent ( 40% ) or more. However, such candidates shall be required to meet one or more of the following physical requirements / abilities which may be necessary for performing the duties in the concerned post :
Code Physical Requirement F Work performed by manipulating ( with Fingers ) PP Work performed by pulling and pushing
L Work performed by lifting KC Work performed by kneeling and crouching B Work performed by bending S Work performed by sitting ( on bench or chair ) ST Work performed by standing W Work performed by walking SE Work performed by seeing H Work performed by hearing / speaking RW Work performed by reading and writing
- Applications completed in all respects along with all enclosures as mentioned above should be sent by Registered Post or delivered in person so as to reach the above mentioned office before closing date of 29.02.2016 by 17.30 hrs. Applications shall not be accepted at any other offices of Konkan Railway and if handed over, will not be considered. Applications received after the given date / time will not be entertained. Konkan Railway will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Applications not accompanied by any of the above documents and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No further correspondence in this respect shall be entertained.
- Candidates are warned that submission of false information will render them liable for immediate dismissal, if selected without any notice. In addition, KRCL reserves the right to take any action as deemed fit.
- Konkan Railway holds all the right to alter the vacancies and other procedure as notified or cancel the recruitment against this notification as it may deem fit without citing any reason.
- Any kind of canvassing will result in disqualification of candidate at any stage of selection without assigning any reason. No further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Management decision on selection will be final and no correspondence will be entertained from or on behalf of unsuitable candidates.
- Konkan railway has not nominated any agent/s for recruitment. Candidates should not fall prey to any false promises made by anyone. Doing so will be at their own risk and the corporation is not responsible for it.