Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Recruitment 2015 for Chairman & Managing Director
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( KRCL )
Government of India,
Public Enterprises Selection Board,
( Department of Personnel & Training )
Block No. 14, C.G.O Complex,
Lodhi Road, PE Bhavan,
New Delhi – 110 003.
Subject : Selection for the post of Chairman and Managing Director, Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( KRCL ).
1. The Public Enterprises Selection Board ( PESB ) is seeking qualified candidates for the post of Chairman and Managing Director, Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( KRCL ) in schedule “A” of the CPSE, the scale of pay of the post being 80,000-1,25,000/- ( revised ). A copy of the job description for the post is enclosed.
2. It is requested that names of candidates seniority-wise who are found suitable for the said post as per the requirements indicated in the job description alongwith their up-to-date bio-data ( in the prescribed form ) duly endorsed may kindly be forwarded to PESB by 04th March, 2015. It is also requested that advance action may be taken to keep the ACRs for last 5 years, of those candidates ready alongwith their latest vigilance profile.
- penalty imposed, if any during the last 10 years.
- details of disciplinary action initiated / being initiated if any, etc. ] to be furnished as and when the selection meeting is scheduled.
3. In case the relevant details are not received within the stipulated time, it will be assumed that there are no eligible candidates to be sponsored for the post.
Name of the PSU : Konkan Railway Corporation Limited ( KRCL )
Name of the KRCL Post 2015 : Chairman and Managing Director
Date of KRCL Chairman & Managing Director Vacancy 2015 : 01.01.2016
Schedule of the CPSE : ‘A’
Scale of the KRCL Chairman & Managing Director Post 2015 : 80,000 – 1,25,000/- ( Revised )
1. Company Profile : Konkan Railway Corporation Limited ( KRCL ) was established in the year 1990 to construct a new Broad Gauge Rail Line between Roha and Mangalore by raising finance from Government non-Government sources. The construction of the line was completed in the year 1998 and the rail link made operative. With this, KRCL is a full-fledged Operating Railway System. Since then, the Corporation is in the business of Railway Operations running passenger and freight trains and the innovative Roll-on-Roll-off service. KRCL is also engaged in the implementation of Anti-Collision Device ( ACD ) on Indian Railways.
In addition, it was also entrusted with the construction of two major projects – viz. Corporation of road over bridges in Jharkhand and Katra-Laole rail link in J & K. KRCL is a Schedule ‘A’ / CPSE in contract and construction services sector under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railways. Its Registered and Corporate offices are at Delhi and Mumbai respectively. The authorized and paid up capital of the Company was 4885.98 crores and 4885.97 crores respectively as on March 31, 2013. The shareholding of the Government of India in the company is 52.12%.
2. Job Description and Responsibilities for Konkan Railway Corporation Limited 2015 : The Chairman and Managing Director is the Chief Executive of the Corporation and accountable to its Board of Directors and Government of India. He is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Corporation for achieving its corporate objectives and performance parameters.
3. Eligibility for KRCL Chairman & Managing Director 2015
I. KRCL Chairman & Managing Director Age Limit 2015 : On the date of occurrence of vacancy :
- Minimum 45 years.
- Not more than 58 years for internal candidates and not more than 57 years for others. The age of superannuation is 60 years.
II. KRCL Qualification and Experience 2015 : The applicant should be a graduate with good academic record from a recognized university / institution. He should possess adequate experience at a senior level of management in a large organization of repute. Persons with Technical / MBA qualifications, having experience in services and commercial aspects in the transportation sector, and familiarity with Finance, Marketing / Logistics will have added advantage. Knowledge of Railways Sector is desirable.
III. Pay Scale for KRCL Chairman & Managing Director 2015 :
- Central Public Sector Executives : Executives holding posts in the Pay Scale of :With Industrial DA
(i) 8250-9250/- ( pre 1.1.1992 scale )
(ii) 11500-13500/- ( post 1.1.1992 scale )
(iii) 23750-28850/- ( post 1.1.1997 scale )
(iv) 62000-80000/- ( post 1.1.2007 scale ) Or
(v) 22400-24500 ( pre-revised )
(vi) 67000-79000/- ( post 1.1.2006 scales )
The minimum length of service required in the eligible scale will be one year for internal candidates, and two years for others as on the date of vacancy.
- Government Officers : Government officers of the level of Additional Secretary in Govt. of India or on equivalent scale of pay or Lieutenant General in the Army or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force, on the date of application will be eligible for consideration on immediate absorption basis.
4. Duration of KRCL Appointment 2015 : The appointment shall be for a period of five years or upto the date of superannuation whichever is earlier.
5. Submission of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Job 2015 Applications
Prospective candidates from the Central Public Sector and Government officers shall send their applications, through proper channel, in the format at Annexure I. The applications for various categories of the officers are routed through proper channel as follows :
- For Government Servants : through Cadre Controlling authority.
- For CMD’s / MD’s / Director’s in CPSE : through the concerned administrative ministry.
- For below Board level in CPSE : through the concerned CPSE.
6. Certification by Candidate
- Candidate has to submit his / her willingness for the post at the time of interview itself clearly stating that he / she will join the post, if selected. If any candidate, does not initially give his / her willingness, he / she will not be interviewed.
- If any of the candidates who appeared for the interview and is selected by the PESB, gives his / her unwillingness after the interview is held, but before the appointment is processed, would be debarred for a period of two years for being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.
- If any candidate gives his / her unwillingness after the issue of offer of appointment, he / she would be debarred for a period of two years from the date of offer of appointment from being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.
- In the above cases, no request for relaxation or otherwise would be entertained.
Annexure-I may be downloaded from the website of PESB.
Last date of receipt of applications in PESB is 04th March, 2015. No application for KRCL shall be entertained under any circumstances after the stipulated date. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
Board reserves the right to shortlist candidates for interview. Applications are to be addressed to the following :
Shri Rajiv Rai,
Public Enterprises Selection Board,
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No. 14, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110 003.
All correspondence with the Public Enterprises Selection Board should be addressed to Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board Only.