Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Station Master
Applications are invited from eligible land loser candidates ( Self / Sons / Spouse / Unmarried daughters / Grandsons / Unmarried Grand daughters only ) whose land has been acquired for Konkan Railway project, irrespective of the percentage of land lost, and from only SC / ST candidates from other than landlosers registered with the Employment Exchange along Konkan Railway route within the jurisdiction of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( Raigad, Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri Districts of Maharashtra, Goa State and Karwar, Udupi and South Kannada Districts of Karnataka ), for the following posts in Operating department in Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( KRCL ) :
|Sr. No.||Department||Category||Pay Scale||No. of Vacancies|
|01||Operating||Assistant Station Master||5200 - 20200 with GP 2800/-.||12||12||13||08||45|
1. KRCL Assistant Station Master Eligibility Criteria 2015
- Land losers whose land has been acquired for Konkan Railway line project ( Self / Sons / Spouse / Unmarried daughters / Grandsons / Unmarried Granddaughters only ) are eligible. Only one candidate per family per land acquisition is eligible. If any member of the family is already employed in KRCL, he / she is not eligible for applying against the above post. In case of SC / ST candidates, there is no such limit of number of family members employed per land acquisition.
- Other than Konkan Railway land losers, only SC / ST candidates from Employment Exchanges with valid registration along Konkan Railway route within the jurisdiction of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. ( Raigad, Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri Districts of Maharashtra; Goa State; and Karwar, Udupi and South Kannada Districts of Karnataka ) are eligible.
- Employees / Trainee serving in KRCL are not eligible to apply.
2. KRCL Assistant Station Master Educational Qualification 2015 : Regular 3 years Graduation in any discipline from recognized University. Candidates appearing at and / or awaiting result of final examination are not eligible.
3. Age Limit for KRCL Assistant Station Master 2015 : The candidates should be within the age group of 18 years ( minimum ) and 35 years ( maximum ) as on 01.07.2015 with 5 years upper age relaxation for SC / ST candidates and 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.
4. KRCL Assistant Station Master Job Description 2015 : ASM will be the in charge of running of trains at a station. He operates the signals, ensures that everything goes as per the rules laid out. He will be working in shifts. Big stations may have more than one ASMs.
Note : Female candidates may kindly note that the category involves duties which are arduous in nature and call for working in shifts on railway station at odd hours, at road side station and also away from headquarters.
5. KRCL Assistant Station Master Mode of Selection 2015
Separate panel will be prepared for landloser candidates and other than landloser candidates. Priority for appointment will be given to landloser candidates and only after exhausting the panel of landlosers, the second panel ( other than landlosers ) will be operated depending upon the shortfall in the vacancies notified. Based on the applications received, eligible candidates will be called for written examination. The KRCL Assistant Station Master written examination will consist of objective / subjective questions on general mathematics, English language, current affairs, general knowledge, science, social science ( 10th / 12th standard ). The qualifying marks for written examination will be 60% for candidates from ‘GEN’ category and 50% for SC / ST / OBC candidates. Those who qualify in the written examination have to appear for Psychological Aptitude test. Those who qualify in Psychological Aptitude test will be called for Personal Interview and scrutiny of documents as per merit order. Candidates with all clear records and as per merit will be called for prescribed medical examination. The selected and medically fit candidates will be provisionally appointed based on the merit position and the availability of the vacancy subject to verification of antecedents and required to undergo training as per the requirement of the post. The candidates who successfully complete the training will only be appointed on regular basis.
Those candidates who qualify in Psychological Aptitude and Personal Interview but do not have clear records will not be considered further and will not be given any additional time to submit the documents and the decision of the screening committee shall be final. No further correspondence will be entertained from such candidates and they will have no claim for any alternate job in KRCL. Merely being called for Psychological Aptitude will not confer any right on candidate for being considered further.
6. KRCL Assistant Station Master Medical Examination 2015 : The candidates will have to pass the prescribed medical examination as decided by the Management and to be conducted at the candidate’s cost by Konkan Railway Corporation’s Medical Authorities. The medically fit candidates will only be considered for recruitment in KRCL. No alternative job will be provided if a candidate selected for a particular category fails to qualify in the prescribed medical test of that category / post.
7. KRCL Assistant Station Master Posting 2015 : The selected candidates can be posted and transferred anywhere on Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd, including its project sites anywhere in India. However, the employees of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. are not eligible for transfer to other Zonal Railways.
8. How to Apply for KRCL Assistant Station Master 2015
The application forms either can be down-loaded from the Konkan Railway website www.konkanrailway.com or can be obtained from any of the KRCL Stations and other KRCL Offices at Belapur, Ratnagiri, Madgaon & Karwar – free of cost. The applications duly filled in should be submitted to the following address on or before the deadline. KRCL is not responsible for any postal delay and such applications shall not be considered.
Asstt. Chief Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd,
Belapur Bhavan, Sec – 11,
CBD Belapur, Navi
Mumbai – 400 614.
Important Note :
- Applications completed in all respects along with all enclosures as mentioned above should be sent by Registered Post or delivered in person so as to reach the above mentioned office before closing date of 05.02.2015 by 17.30 hrs. KRCL Assistant Station Master Applications received after this date / time will not be entertained. Konkan Railway will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- Applications not accompanied by any of the above documents and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No further correspondence in this respect shall be entertained.
- Candidates are warned that submission of false information will render them liable for immediate dismissal, if selected without any notice or disciplinary action.
- Konkan Railway holds all the right to alter the vacancies and other procedure as notified or cancel the recruitment against this notification as it may deem fit.
- Any kind of canvassing will result in disqualification of candidate at any stage of selection without assigning any reason. No further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- No correspondence will be entertained from or on behalf of ineligible candidates.
- Konkan railway has not nominated any agent/s for recruitment. Candidates should not fall prey to any false promises made by anymore. Doing so will be at their own risk and the corporation is not responsible for it.