Indian Railways Diesel Locomotive Works Recruitment against Sports Quota 2015
Diesel Locomotive Works,
Office of the General manager ( Personnel ),
2nd Floor, Administrator building,
Varanasi – 221 004.
Date of Issue for DLW Sports Quota 2015 : 20.10.2015.
Closing Date & Time for DLW Sports Quota 2015 : 30.11.2015 and 16.45 Hrs.
( For residents of Andaman- Nicobar & Lakshadweep, Closing Date & Time : 15.12.2015 and 16.45 Hrs. ).
1. Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi are invited from eligible Sports persons ( Men Only ) who are Indian nationals for recruitment against Sports Quota ( Open Advt. ) for the year 2015 – 16 in Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi for the vacancies indicated below :
|Pay Band||Grade Pay in||Unit / No. of Vacancies|
|5,200 - 20,200/-||2800/-||02|
1.1 Reservation : There is no such reservation for SC / ST / OBC communities. The candidates having the required performance in the particular sports discipline will be selected on the basis of overall merit secured irrespective of their communities.
1.2 The details of sports disciplines, event, position required under each unit is given below ( read with Para – 1 above ) :
|SI. No.||Discipline||Event / Playing Position Required||Grade Pay||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Aquatic||50, 100, 200 Mtr Back stroke||1900/-||01|
|50, 100, 200 Mtr Butter fly||1800/-||01|
|50, 100, 200 Mtr Free style||01|
|10 Mtr High board diving||01|
|2.||Athletic||5000 Mtr Run||1900/-||01|
|4.||Cricket||Middle Order Batsman||2800/-||01|
|7.||Handball||Centre Back ( 3 )||1900/-||01|
|Right Back ( 2 )||1800/-||01|
|9.||Wrestling||+98 to 130 KG Greco Roman||2800/-||01|
|74 KG Free Style||1800/-||01|
|65 KG Free Style||01|
2. Educational Qualification and Age Limit for Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota 2015 :
|Pay Band + Grade Pay||Age Limit||Educational Qualification|
|5200 - 20,200 + 2800/- ( Post for Sr. Clerk )||Age 18 to 25 yrs. as on 01.01. 2016||A Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. He will have to pass the requisite typewriting in English 30 per minute or Hindi 25 per minute four years from the date of their appointment, as per Railway Board’s letter No.E(NG)-II/2004/RR-1/48, dt.09.02.( RBE No.25/2005 ).|
|5200 - 20,200 + 1900/- G.P.- ( Post for technician )||Age 18 to 25 yrs. as on 01.01.2016||Minimum 10th passed or 10th + ITI or its equivalent ( Note : Candidates having technical qualification ITI, have been given relaxation in training period after joining, as per rules ).|
|5200 - 20,200 + GP 1800/-||Age 18 to 25 yrs. as on 01.01.2016||Minimum 10th passed or ITI or its equivalent.|
2.1. Matriculation or its equivalent certificate of recognized board Shall be accepted proof of date of birth.
2.2. No age relaxation is allowed even for SC / ST / OBC Candidates.
3. Categorization of International Championships :
|Category - A||Olympic Games ( Senior Category )|
|Category - B||World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ), World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Games ( Senior Category ), Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).|
|Category - C||Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ), Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ), South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ), USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ).|
4. Sports Norms Recruitment in Different Grade Pay in Team / Individual events :
Applicant Should be currently or active player and should have fulfilled the sports achievements on or after 01.04.2013. The minimum sports norms of recruitment of sportspersons in different Grade pay & Pay band for both team individual events are given below :
|SI. No.||Pay Band||GP||Minimum sports Norms|
|1.||5200 - 20,200/-||2800/-||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ). Or
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - B Championships / Events.
|2.||5200 - 20,200/-||1900/-||Represented the Country in any of the Category - B Championships / events. Or
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - C Championships. Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd Position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or
At least 3rd Position in all India University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or
1st Position in federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
|3.||5200 - 20,200/-||1800/-||Represented the Country in any of the Category – C Championships / events. Or
At least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ). Or
Represented a state of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championships for all Units and Distracts of the State.
- In Athletics, Medel winning performance in National Inter State senior Athletics Championships may also be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 1900/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20,200/-.
- In Hockey, for recruitment against the posts having Grade pay 1900/- or 2000/- in pay Band 5200 – 20200; at least 2nd position in the International tournaments of four more nations, may also be considered. Participation in these tournaments may be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade pay 1800/- in pay Band 5200 – 20200/-.
- All the championship mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized
International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
- In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportspersons who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota.
- For recruitment of sportspersons on the basis of sports achievements in junior National championships, the age groups as mentioned in according below shall only be considered.
|SI. No.||Discipline||Category||Details of Recognized junior National Championship|
|Age Group||Name of Championship|
|1.||Aquatics ( Swimming )||Men||Under - 17||Junior National aquatics championship|
|Aquatics ( Diving )||Under - 18||Sub Junior National aquatics championship|
|2.||Athletics||Men||Under - 20||Junior National Athletics championship|
|3.||Basketball||Men||Under - 18||Junior National Basketball championship|
|4.||Cricket||Men||Under - 23||Col.C.K.Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
|Under - 19||Cooach Behar Trophy ( Inter State championship )|
|Under - 19||Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State
|Under - 19||Vijay Hazarat Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs all Indian
Inter Zonal championship )
|5.||Football||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Football championship for B.C.Roy trophy|
|6.||Hockey||Men||Under - 21||Junior National Hockey championship|
|7.||Handball||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Handball championship|
|8.||Volleyball||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Volleyball championship|
|9.||Wrestling ( Free Style and Greco Roman only )||Men||Under - 20||Junior National Wrestling championship|
5. Mode of Recruitment for Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota 2015 : Sports Trial followed by Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota interview.
5.1 Distribution of Marks : Maximum marks which can be awarded by the Trial Committee for performance during Trail and Interview stage, shall be as follows :
|S. No.||Attributes||Maximum Marks|
|1.||For game skill, Physical fitness & coach’s observations during Trial.||40|
|2.||For assessment of recognized Sports Achievements as per norms.||50|
|4.||General Intelligence / Personality etc.||5|
5.2 Minimum Qualifying Marks :
|S. No.||Pay Band||Grade Pay ( in )||Minimum Qualifying Marks ( out of 100 )|
|1.||5200 - 20200/-||2800/-||70|
|2.||5200 - 20200/-||1900/-||65|
|3.||5200 - 20200/-||1800/-||60|
6. How to Apply for Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota 2015 : Application in the format as given below along with enclosures should be sent to Dy CPO / H.Q., GM ( P ) office, DLW / Varanasi, 221 004 by General post only so as to reach latest by 30.11.2015 at 16.45 hrs. Subscribe on the envelope Employment no., post and “Recruitment against sports quota 2015 – 16 ( Open advertisement )”. Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota Applications received after this date will not be entertained. Postal delay shall not be entertained more than one forms in single envelope will liable to be rejected.
7. Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota Application Fees 2015 : A crossed postal order / bank draft of 100/- ( One hundred only ) payable in favour of “The FA & CAO, DLW, Varanasi” should be enclosed along with the Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota application. ( No fee for SC / ST Candidates ).
8. Other instructions for Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota 2015 :
- Only men candidate will apply.
- Self attested new passport size photograph should be pasted at proper place in the Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota application.
- Two self attested passport size photographs and copies of documents viz birth, educational, caste and sports achievements duly self attested should be attached with the Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota application.
- Two self addressed envelops affixed with postal stamp of 5/- ( not necessary for SC / ST candidates ) should also be attached.
- Last date for receipt of Indian Railways DLW Sports Quota applications is 30.11.2015.
- The Railway Administration has all rights reserved to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change of place or postponement of Trials / Interview at its own convenience, which can also be cancelled due to unforeseen exigencies against which no claim will be accepted.
- For any legal dispute, the jurisdiction will be the Central Administrative Tribunal, Allahabad.
- No TA / DA will be given for appearing in the trail / interview. Bring all original documents on the date of interview without which the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the select.
- In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportspersons who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not Played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. DLW will upload the list of eligible and Ineligible candidates in the website of DLW website address www.dlw.indianrailways.gov.in.