Indian Railway Protection Force ( RPF ) Recruitment 2014 for Constables
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
( Railway Board ).
Applications are invited from eligible Male & Female candidates for filling up the post of ancillary staff in different trades in Pay Band of 5200 – 20200/- + Grade Pay 2000/- in Railway Protection Force including Railway Protection Special Force as for details given below :
1. Number of RPF Constable Vacancies 2014 :
|Constable ( Water Carrier )||205||99||67||35||406|
|Constable ( Safaiwala )||60||43||6||8||117|
|Constable ( Washerman )||32||14||3||4||53|
|Constable ( Barber )||36||12||9||4||61|
|Constable ( Mali )||4||2||0||1||7|
|Constable ( Tailor )||6||2||1||0||9|
|Constable ( Cobbler )||2||3||1||0||6|
Note 1 : Reservation for Ex-servicemen will be 10% of the vacancies in all trades in respective category.
Note 2 : 10% of the vacancies shall be filled up by Female candidates.
Note 3 :
- The number of vacancies show under various categories are provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending open the requirement of the Railway Administration.
- The Railway Administration reserves the right to cancel the recruitment as well as the notified vacancies at its discretion at any time and such decision shall be binding on all concerned.
- In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee will not be refunded.
- These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence they have been exempted from the perview of Section 33 and 47 of Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- After recruitment, finally selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India in Railway Protection Special including Railway Protection Special Force.
2. RPF Constables Pay and Allowances 2014 : Pay Band 1 ( 5200 – 20200 ) with Grade Pay of 2000/ plus usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees from time to time.
3. RPF Constables InEligibility 2014 : No person who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or who, having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment in RPF / RPSF.
4. RPF Constables Eligibility 2014 :
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Educations Qualification : Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / University. Educational certificate other than State Board / Central Board should be accompanied with Govt, of India notification declaring that such qualification is equivalent to Matriculation / 10th Class pass for service under Central Govt or ITI.
- Age Limit for RPF Constables : Must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 01.01.2014. That he must not have born before 01.01.1989 and after 01.01.1996. Age mentioned in the Matriculation or equivalent certificate or ITI certificate will only be accepted.
- Relaxation in Age :The upper age limit may be relaxed as under subject to submission of requisite certificate as under :
- Upto 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
- Up to 3 years for OBC candidates ( the candidates claiming age relaxation for being considered against vacancies reserved for OBC will be required to furnish self declaration as per the format as mentioned in Annexure 3 along with the application form.
- For Ex-Serviceman, up to the extent of service rendered in defense plus 3 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
- By 5 years to the candidates who have ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989. The applicants claiming relaxation under this category must produce a certificate to the effect from the District Magistrate with where Jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in the behalf of the Govt of J& K.
- No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved vacancies.
- Physical Measurement :An applicant must have the following physical standards :
Category Height for male ( In cm. ) Chest unexpanded ( In cm. ) Chest expanded ( In cm. ) Height for female ( In cm. ) UR / OBC 165 80 85 157 SC / ST 160 76.2 81.2 152 Hillman 163 80 85 155
*A minimum expansion of 5 CM in chest is essential.
**( Garhwails, Gorkhas, Kumaonese, Dogras, Marathas, person hailing from Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States subject to production of domicile certificate from DM.SDM / Tohsildar and other categories specified by the Central Government from time to time.
- Physical Measurement :An applicant must have the following physical standards :
5. Method of RPF Constables Recruitment 2014 :
Recruitment will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination. Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, Trade Test, Bonus Marks if any, and Document Verification.
A. RPF Constables Written Examination 2014 :
- written examination shall be conducted for those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny. The written examination shall be on OMR based Answer Sheets which will comprise of 120 multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. The test will be of 90 minutes duration. The question paper will be of matriculation standard. The question paper will consist of 35 questions on General Intelligence & Reasoning 35 questions on Arithmetic and 50 questions on General Awareness. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 ( one ) marks and 1 ( one ) marks will be deducted for 4 ( four ) incorrect answers. No marks shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- A candidate must obtain ateast 35% marks ( 30% in case of SC / ST candidates ) in the written examination for being considered for other teet(s).
- Candidates must bring the Call letter at the time of written test Call letter will be sent by post. No one will be allowed to appear in the written examination without a call letter.
- Question paper will be set in the languages shown in the third column of the table given below. The corresponding Nodai Chief Security Commissioner to whom the application should be sent is also shown in the table. Applicant who wishes to have the question paper in a particular language may indicate so in the application form. Language once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstances :
Group No. Address of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner Language for question paper 1. North Western Railway Jaipur Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati 2. Northeast Frontier Railway Maligaon ( Guwahati ) Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengal, Oriya 3. Western Railway Mumbai Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati 4. Southern Railway, Chennai Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada Konkani, Marathi
- The call letter will contain the date, place, venue and time of the examination and other instruction, if any on this subject.Note : Candidates appearing in written test shall not be allowed to carry electronic equipments like mobile phone, calculator, pager, wrist watch etc. Any candidate found indulging in any unfair practice shall be summarily removed from the written test, debarred from further recruitments and action as per law will be taken.
B. RPF Constable Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) 2014 :
a. PET will consist of three events namely, 1600 Mtrs / 800 meters run, High Jump and long Jump. A candidate has to qualify in all the three events as shown in the table given below. No marks shall be awarded for any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is as specified under :
|Event||Minimum Qualifying Standards||No. of Chances||Event||Minimum Qualifying Standards||No. of Chances|
|1600 Mtr||5 min. 45 Sec||One||800 Mtrs||3 min. 40 Sec||One|
|Long Jump||14 feet||Two||Long Jump||9 feet||Two|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inches||Two||High Jump||3 feet||Two|
b. For the sake of convenience, 1600 meters / 800 meters run will be hed first. Applicants qualifying in these events will take part in the remaining events of PET. Height and Chest of those who qualify in the PET will be measured next. Applicants who fail in any of the events of the PET or in Physical Measurement Test either of height or chest will be declared fail and shall be escorted out of the venue after putting an indelible ink mark on the index finger of the left hand. Their call letters will not be returned.
c. PET will be held at a place and on a date decided by the respective Nodal Chief Security Commissioner. The applicants will be informed of the same in advance.
d. There will be no PET for Ex.Service men.
e. The call letter for PET will give further instructions, if any, on this subject.
C. Trade Test ( 50 Marks ) :
The number of candidates called for trade test shall not exceed three times of tie number of vacancies in each trade and category who qualify the written examination, PET, Physical Measurement test. The Trade Test is consist of 50 marks. The Trade test is purely qualifying in nature and candidates will have to secure minimum 50% marks to qualify the Trade Test. Marks obtained in Trade Test will not be added to the written examination marks for preparation of final 1ist of selected candidates. The candidates shall bring their own tools / material required for their Trade Test. The trade test for different trades may consist of :
Constable ( Barber ) : Handling of tools, Hair Cutting, Shaving.
Constable ( Sweeper ) : Sweeping, Cleaning of toilets, Cleaning of Bathrooms, mopping floor, etc.
Constable ( Washer man ) : Manual and mechanical washing of clothes, dry-cleaning Ironing and maintenance of all types of uniform.
Constable ( Water carrier ) : Washing of vessels, Kneading of Atta for making chapatis for 100 staff. Cutting of vegetables etc. Cooking of Chapati / Puris & Rice for 100 staff, Cooking of vegetable / Dal / Samber / Idll etc for 100 staff, Cooking of Meat / Fish / Egg / Kheer, Barakhana.
Constable ( Mall ) : Plantations and making grafts. Maintenance of plants, Knowledge of seeds and their sowing season, Knowledge and use of fertilizers and Indigenous manures.
Constable ( Tailor ) : Taking measurement and stitching of Winter and summer uniform of the force personnel. Knowledge of different type of materials i.e. fabrics / thread etc. used in trade work. Capability to carry out minor repairs, trouble-shooting maintenance of sewing machine, and ability to recognize tools / machines used in cutting, tailoring, and their correct identification.
Constable ( Cobbler ) : Knowledge of stitching & repairing of shoes, ability to identify / recognize tools used in the trade. Ability to identify and recognize different types of leathers and material used In the trade, and ability to recognize nails / threads used in sewing shoes. One should have knowledge of leather sewing machine & ability to carry out minor repairs.
D. Document Verification :
Only the applicants who qualify in tie Written Examination. PET and Trade Test will be called for document verification. The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification. Age, SC / ST / OBC status where applicable on the format prescribed in the advertisement, domicile and any other extra curricular activities including NCC at the time of document verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later date will not be entertained under any circumstances.
E. Bonus Marks ( maximum 5 marks ) :
Bonus marks are allotted as under.
B Certificate of NCC – 01 Mark.
C Certificate of NCC – 02 Marks.
Maximum Marks for NCC certificate is 02.
Benefit is available only on production of Original Certificate.
This benefit is not available to Ex-servicemen.
ii. Sports :
Represented University at Inter university sports : 01 Marks.
Represented State at interstate sports : 2 marks
Represented India at International sports meet : 03 Marks
Medal winner at national level sports meet : 03 Marks.
iii. Height : A male applicant whose height is 178 cms or more and a female applicant whose height is 165 cms or more will be given 03 marks as bonus.
iv. Total bonus Marks for all categories put together shall not exceed 5.
6. RPF Constables Medical Examination 2014 :
The candidates who are finally selected will be sent for medical examination at a Railway Hospital. They have to qualify in Medical category ‘B – I’ as per Indian Railways Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having fat foot, knock knee, squint eye, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment.
7. RPF Constables Training 2014 :
The candidates will have to undergo an initial / induction training in any one of the RPF / RPSF Training centre or any such Institution as decided by the Railway Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend of 5200 + Grade Pay 2000/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is a must.
8. RPF Constables Recruitment How to Apply 2014 :
a. RPF Constable Examination Fee : An examination fee of 40/- is payable in the form of a crossed Indian Postal Order or a crossed Bank Draft. Cheque or Money Order will not be accepted. The Indian Postal Order / Bank Drafts should not have been obtained earlier than the date of issue of the Employment Notice or after the closing date for receipt of application.
Female applicants, applicants belonging to SC / ST category. Minorities and Economically Backward Classes and Ex-servicemen need not pay the Examination fee. Minorities will mean Muslims, Christian, Sikhs, Buddhist and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ). “Economically Backward Classes” The applicable limit in Ministry of Railways as amended from time to time shall be applicable. At present the same means the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. They will be required to submit income certificate at the time of applying in the prescribed format on the letter head of the issuing authority as mentioned in annexure 2 along with the application form in case they claim waiver of examination fee. The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificates for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes;
i. District Magistrate or any other revenue officer upto the level of Tehsildar.
ii. Sitting Member of Parliament of LokSabhe for persons of their own constituency.
iii. BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized Poverty alleviation programme or lzzat MST issued by Railways.
iv. Union Minister may also recommend any person from anywhere in the country.
v. Sitting member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
9. RPF Constables Application Form 2014 :
Candidates will be required to send their application as Annexure : A
In the Employment Notice. Application form can be down loaded from the official website of Indian Railway or taken from the employment news or from this advertisement and submitted on A-4 size bond paper using one side only and sent to the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner corresponding to the language choose for the Question Paper. The addresses of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner, the details of the person in whose favour the draft / IPO shall be drawn and the place where payable as given below. The languages for the question paper are also shown against each Nodal Chief Security Commissioner for the convenience of the applicant :
|Group No.||Address of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner||Draft / IPO drawn in favour||Place where Payable||Language for question paper|
|1.||Chief Security Commissioner / RPF, North Western Railway, Post Box No 614, Jawahar Nagar Head Post Office Jaipur ( Rajasthan ) Pin : 302 004||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts officer, North Western Railway||Jalpur ( Rajasthan )||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati.|
|2.||Chief Security Commissioner / RPF, North East Frontier Railway, Maligaon, Guwahati Pin : 781 011 ( Assam ) Post Box No 8 Maligaon Railway HQ MDG.||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts officer North East Frontier Railway||Maligaon||Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengal, Oriya.|
|3.||Chief Security Commissioner / RPF Western Railway Post Box No 11004 Mumbai 400 020||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts officer, Western Railway||Mumbai ( Maharashtra )||Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati.|
|4.||Chief Security Commissioner / RPF, Southern Railway Post Box No 515 Park Town Head Post Office, Chennai. 600 003||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts officer, Southern Railway||Chennai ( Tamilnadu )||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada Konkani, Marathi.|
b. The words ’Application for the post of Ancillary in RPF including RPSF’ shall be written on the envelope containing the application.
c. The exact date, time, place and venue for the tests will be intimated to the candidates through call letters.
d. Application should be sent through ordinary post only. No application will be received by hand or by registered post or through private courier service.
e. Application should be filled by the candidates in their own handwriting in Hindi or English only. Left Hand ( Male ) & Right Hand ( Female ) thumb impression of the applicant shall be affixed in the box given on the application form. Applicants signed in the capital letters / spaced out letters will be treated as invalid. Application with correction or overwriting or smudged thumb impression may be rejected.
f. Coloured photograph ( 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm ) of the applicant should be pasted at the space provided in the application form with clear view of the face without cap and sunglasses.
g. Only one application shall be submitted for one or more than one trade. However, preference should be given in the application forms by the candidates as per their choice. Preference of post ( from 1 to 7, 1 being the most preferred and 7 least preferred ).
10. Notes :
a) Applicants called for Written examination, PET / PMT, Trade Test / documents verification. Medical examination etc, make their own arrangements for boarding, lodging and transport.
b) The applicant called for the PET will take part in the events at their own risk. Railway will not be liable to compensate the candidates. In any way, In case they suffer any mishappening / injury while undertaking the PET. They should bring with them sports gears such as sports shoes, shorts, vest, tools / apparatus for respective trade test. Nothing will be provided by the Railways.
c) Candidates must bring writing material such as pen, pencils etc for (he written test,
d) Railway Passes to the eligible candidates shall be issued as per extant Railway Rules.
e) Impersonation, if any, detected at any stage of the recruitment, may result in Initiating criminal cases against the applicant and the impersonator as well as canceling the candidatures of the applicant.
f) candidates found to be having adverse report on their antecedents and character may not be appointed in RPF including RPSF. False declaration is an offence under the law and will lead to disqualification of the applicant, initiation of criminal case and dismissal from service if appointed. Hence applicants are advised to be careful while filling in the application.
g) The decision of selection committee on all matters relating to eligibility. place of test etc shall be final.
h) An applicant serving under a Govt or Public Sector Enterprise / Undertaking including Railways will be considered for appointment only after he furnishes a ‘No Objection Certificate’ duly issued by the employer at the time of trade test / documentation verification along with an undertaking from the employer that in case of selection the department will spare the candidate for joining the RPF including RPSF.
i) The Railway Administration reserves the right to call an applicant to any place for the Written Test, PET / PMT, Trade Test / Documents Verification, Medical examination.
j) The Railway Administration shall not be responsible for postal delay or wrong delivery of the Application or any call letters.
k) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
l) Railway Protection Force includes Railway Protection Special Force.
11. Last Date for Receipt of Application 2014 :
30 Days ( 37 days for persons living in the North Eastern states and the Andman and Nicober Islands ) from the date this Employment Notice is published in the employment News.