Gujarat Metro Rail Limited Recruitment for Assistant General Manager / Executive Engineer ( Planning & Designs )
Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad ( MEGA ) Co. Ltd.,
Recruitment Notification for Appointment on Contract Basis
Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad ( MEGA ) Co. Ltd., a Government of Gujarat undertaking, is a Special Purpose Vehicle ( SPV ) entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project.
MEGA invites applications from qualified and experienced Engineers for appointment to key senior, middle / junior level management positions in the Project Wing. All appointments proposed will be on “contract basis” only.
In case of non-availability of experienced and suitable candidates for appointment, employees working in Metro Railways / Railways / Government / PSUs will be considered for appointment on deputation.
Retired Officers from Metro Railway / Railways / Government Departments / PSUs, not more than 61 years of age, may also apply for contract appointment.
Job Profile, Educational Qualification and Experience required for the posts sought to be filled up :
I. Name of GMRL Post : Assistant General Manager / Executive Engineer ( Planning & Designs )
II. Job Description : Will be required to assist the DGM / Deputy Chief Engineer and GM or CE ( Planning & Designs ) in all matters relating to planning, checking / reviewing designs of piles, piers, segmental viaducts, tunnels, PEB Structures, ROBs, interchanges and any other structures. Will be required to interact with Systems Division dealing with AFC, S&T, OCC, Electrical Systems etc. to coordinate integration of Civil Structures with the Systems. Assist in making decisions related to logistics and resources.
III. Minimum Educational Qualification : B.E. / B. Tech. / Equivalent ( Civil )
IV. Required Experience : Minimum 10 years post qualification experience of which at least 3 years should be in planning / design of Viaducts, Bridges and Multistoried Buildings with hands on experience in “Design” in Govt. Department / PSU / large construction Company.
Candidate with having worked on Metro Rail construction will be preferred.
V. Age Limit for GMRL Assistant General Manager 2014 : The maximum age limit for the post of AGM / Executive Engineer is 45 years as on 01.09.2014.
VI. No. of Post : 1 ( One )
VII. Pay Scale for GMRL Assistant General Manager 2014 : 75,000/- to 1.00 lac per month.
General Conditions for Gujarat Metro Rail Limited Recruitment 2014
1. On Deputation : As drawn in the Parent Department., plus Allowances as admissible under MEGA Rules.
2. On Contract
- Exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates can be considered for higher compensation package.
- The compensation package would be increased every year by 5 to 10 % based on performance review at the end of each year.
Further the selected candidates will be extended medical and personal accident insurance cover and reimbursement of outpatient medical expenses as per MEGA Rules will be provided.
3. Contract Appointment
- The Contract Appointment will be initially for 3 years, extendable to 5 years.
- The contract of appointment may be terminated by either side by giving 30 days notice or by paying the contractual remuneration of one month in lieu of notice period, if the circumstances so warrant.
4. Conditions for GMRL Vacancies 2014
- Candidates who have appeared for interviews conducted by MEGA for the above said posts on an earlier occasion need not send their applications again unless there is a change in the eligibility criteria.
- Prescribed qualifications are the minimum requirements and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right for interview / selection.
- The candidates who are working with State Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings may send the advance application and if the candidate is selected, MEGA will seek consent for deputation from the respective Organization. In respect of candidates working in Central government / Central PSUs, they may send the application, after obtaining prior permission from their respective Organizations.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection / appointment shall be a disqualification.
5. Selection for Gujarat Metro Rail Limited Jobs 2014
- Applicants should download application format attached, fill up the same and send the application through email or by post.
- Any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements, which are false or incorrect or indulging in suppression of facts, attempts to use unfair means for the purpose of recruitment, will be liable for rejection.
- The candidate shall have to indicate his / her acceptance to the offer within fifteen days from the receipt of offer, if not; next candidate in order of merit will be offered the appointment on similar lines. However, the Competent Authority may grant such extension of time depending upon the exigencies, if so requested.
- Original Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be submitted along with the Resume at the time of interview. Non-submission of documents along with the Resume, will lead to rejection of candidature at any stage during the process of recruitment.
- MEGA shall not be liable for any damage / injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey.
- Management reserves the right to assess fitness or otherwise of the candidates selected.
7. Time & Date of GMRL Interview 2014 : Gujarat Metro Rail Limited Call letters for interview will be issued to shortlisted applicants indicating Time, Date and Venue of the Interview.