Eastern Railway Sealdah Division Recruitment 2014 Against Sports Quota – Eastern Railway Sealdah Division Sports Quota Application Form
Closing Date : 08-01-2014 Time : 16:00 Hrs.
( For the candidates residing abroad and Andaman Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh the Closing Date is 24.01.2014 at 16.00 hrs. )
1. Eastern Railway Sealdah Division applications are invited from the eligible and excellent, Male sports persons in the given format for Selection of 05 sports persons for Sealdah Division in PB-1 scale 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay 1800/- against sports quota open advertisement for the year 2013-14.
2. Details of ER Post 2014 :
|Unit||Pay band||Pay Band Scale||Grade pay in||No. of Posts||Minimum Educational Qualification||Age as on 01-01-2014|
|Sealdah Division||PB-1||5200-20200/-||1800/-||05||Matriculation Or ITI pass (*)||18 to 25 Years ( No relaxation in lower and upper age limit is permissible )|
(*)However, Sports persons having Outstanding Sports achievements ( mentioned in item No.4, below ) and who are only Class-VIII pass may be considered for recruitment in (–) Is Pay Band 4440-7440/- and shall not carry any Grade Pay. Such Sports persons will be given the regular Pay Band P.B.-1 of 5200-20200/- along with Gr.Pay of 1800/- only on acquiring the minimum educational qualification under the recruitment rules or passing the requisite training test.
3. Sports Discipline in Eastern Railway Sealdah Division Recruitment 2014 :
- Football ( Male ) – Two ( One Stopper and One Striker )
- Golf ( Male ) – One
- Cricket ( Male ) – Two ( One Wicket Keeper & One Pace baller )
N. B. : If suitable player is not found in any one of the above discipline the same will be adjusted on other Sports discipline as mentioned above.
4. Minimum sports achievements for ER Railway Jobs 2014 : The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sportspersons in PB-1, Scale 5200-20200/- with Grade pay 1800/- is given below :
(4.I) Sports person ( Footballer ) concerned should have represented the country in any of the category “C” championships / events, which are as under :
- Category “C” championships.
- Commonwealth Championship. ( Junior/ Senior category )
- Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior category )
- South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior category )
- USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior category ) Or
- Should be obtained at least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championship ( Senior category ). Or
- Should be obtained at least 3rd position in senior State Championships for all units & District of the state.
(4.II) Golf : Sports person should have I.G.U. ranking up to 100, subject to single handicap i.e. less than 10 ( in order of merit / Amateur Merit list ) shall also be eligible for recruitment. Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes.
(4.III) Cricket : In Cricket at National Level, following sports achievements in 4 days / One day Limited overs / 20 overs Men / Women Cricket championship ( except vizzy Trophy ) organized under the age of BCCI; may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having grade pay 1800/- in pay band 5,200-20,200 :
|Sl. No.||Details of Championships||Category||Minimum sports achievement for Recruitment in Grade Pay|
|(i)||All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championship||Senior / Youth ( U-22 ) Junior ( U-19 )||Participation in Elite & Plate Group Championship|
|(ii)||All India Inter State championships||Senior / Junior ( U-19 )||Participation in any stage|
|(iii)||All India inter zonal Championship||Senior / Junior ( U-19 )||Participation|
(*) Sports Norms for outstanding sports achievements for the candidates who are class-VIII pass for (-) Is Pay Band without Grade Pay.
- If the Footballer represented the country in any of the Championships / Events in the category i.e. : Olympic Games, World Cup ( Junior / Senior category ), World Championship ( Junior / Senior category ), Asian Games ( senior category ), Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category )Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in the Champion ships / events in the category mentioned in Item : 4.I above Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian University Or First ( 1st ) Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
- Along with above achievements Golf sportsperson having I.G.U. ranking from 1-50.
- The Cricketer :
- In cricket ( Men ) at international level, representation of main India Seniors Team in a Test Match or in a limited Overs one Day International Match or in a Twenty overs Match , shall also be considered for recruitment.
- If a Cricket player represented Main India Seniors Team ( Men ) at least in five Test Matches or in ten Limited Overs one day International Matches may considered for recruitment.
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / States Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- Junior National Championship recognized by RSPB for recruitment in Junior National Football Champion ship for B.C. Roy Trophy, the age group under-19 shall be considered.
- Under-18 Junior & Sub-Junior National Golf Championship.
- No other tournament shall be considered.
- In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in field shall be eligible. Therefore, a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Hence, sportspersons should submit the certificate of actual participation in the field of play in the team games.
5. Period of reckoning Sports achievements for ER Railway 2014 : The sports achievements should be in the immediate previous two years and sports persons should be an active player. For this purpose , previous two financial years from the date of receipt of application or date of notification should be taken in to account. Therefore, sports achievements of current year 2013-14 and previous two financial year i.e. 01-04-11 to 31-03-12 and 01-04-12 to 31-03-2013 and 01-04-2013-01 upto 03-2014 shall be taken in to account, therefore, sports achievements on or after 01-04-2011 shall only be considered for appointment. For this purpose concluding day of the championship shall be taken in to account.
6. Eastern Railway Application Fee 2014 :
- Processing fee in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order of 40/- payable to Divisional Sports Officer / Divisional Sports Association / Eastern Railway, Sealdah, payable at GPO / Kolkata should be attached by UR and OBC candidates only with the application forms. Candidate should mention their Name and Address on the Indian Postal Order.
- Indian Postal Order issued before the date of publication of this notification will not be accepted.
- The amount of Indian Postal Order is neither refundable nor transferable nor will be kept reserved for any other purpose. Any type of suit or claim cannot be filed in any Court for transfer or refund of the amount of Indian Postal Order.
- The candidates belonging to the following communities are exempted from payment of processing fee.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes.
- Minority Communities-Muslims / Christians / Sikhs / Buddhists / Zoroastrians ( Parsis ).
- Economically backward class whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum. The economically backward class candidates have to produce income certificate on letter head of the concerned authority in prescribed format ( Annexure-B ).
Note : Certificate in proof of the above issue by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed by the candidates with the application form for getting exemption from paying processing fee.
7. Mode of Eastern Railway Sealdah Recruitment 2014 :
- The selection of candidate will be done by the competent recruitment committee and trial committee through Trials and Interview.
- The candidates declared fit in Trials shall only be considered for the interview stage by Recruitment Committee.
8. Medical Examination for ER Railway against Sports Quota Jobs 2014 : The candidate will require to be declared medically fit by Railway Medical Authority, prior to appointment after due selection.