Eastern Railway RRC Recruitment against Sports Quota 2013 – Eastern Railway Sports Quota Job Application
Carriage and Wagon Workshop,
Closing Date for Eastern Railway Sports Quota Recruitment 2013 : 08.01.2013 Time : 16.00 hrs.
( for the candidates residing abroad and Andaman Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh the Closing Date is 24.01.2013 at 16.00 hrs. )
1. Eastern Railway invites applications from the eligible male Sports Persons in the given format for recruitment of 02 Sports Persons for Liluah Workshop in the discipline mentioned below in PB-I 5200-20200/- with GP 1800/- ( erstwhile Group ‘D’ post ) against Sports Quota open advertisement for the year 2012-13.
2. Details of Eastern Railway Sports Recruitment 2013 :
|No. of Posts||Pay Band||Minimum Educational qualification||Age as on 01.01.2013.|
|02||PB-I 5200-20200/- + Grade Pay 1800/-||Matriculation or ITI or equivalent||18-25 yrs. ( No relaxation in upper or lower age limit is permissible )|
(*) However, Sports persons having outstanding Sports achievements and who are only Class-VIII pass may be considered for recruitment in (–) Is Pay Band 4440-7440/- and shall not carry any Grade Pay. Such Sports persons will be given the regular Pay Band P.B.I of 5200-20200/- along with Grade Pay of 1800/- only on acquiring the minimum educational qualification under the recruitment rules or passing the requisite training test.
3. Sports Discipline in Eastern Railway 2012 :
- Football ( Male ) – Stopper Back
- Football ( Male ) – Middle Half
4. Minimum Sports norms / achievement / qualification : The minimum sports norms for Eastern Railway 2013 recruitment of sports persons in PB-1, 5000-20200/- with Grade Pay 1800/- for both team and individual events are as under :
- Sports person concerned should have represented the country in any of the Championships / events, which are as under :
- Commonwealth Championships. ( Junior / Senior category )
- Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior category )
- South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior category )
- USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior category ) Or
- Should obtain at least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) Or
- Represented a State of equivalent unit, except in marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
- Should obtain at least 3rd position in senior State Championships for all units & Districts of the State.4.(A) (*) Sports Norms for outstanding sports achievements for the candidates who are class-VIII pass for (-) Is Pay Band without Grade Pay. If they represented the country in any of the Championships / Events in the category i.e. : Olympic Games, World Cup ( Junior / Senior category ), World Championship ( Junior / Senior category ), Asian Games ( senior category ), Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ) Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in the Champion ships / events in the category mentioned in Item : 4 above Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in National Games organised under aegis of Indian Olympic Association Or at least third ( 3rd ) position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian University OR First ( 1st ) Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- Junior national Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy, recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ) the age group under – 19 shall be considered.
- No other tournament shall be considered except above.
5. Period of reckoning sports achievement
The sports achievements should be in the immediate previous two years and sports persons should be an active player. For this purpose, previous two financial years from the date of receipt of application of Eastern Railway recruitment 2013 or date of notification should be taken into account. Therefore, sports achievements of current year 2012-13 and previous two financial year i.e 2011-12 & 2010-11 shall be taken into account, therefore, sports achievements on or after 01.04.2010 shall only be considered for appointment. For this purpose concluding day of the Championship shall be taken into account.
6. Application Fee Eastern Railway Recruitment 2013 :
- Processing fee in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order of 40/- drawn in favour of FA & CAO, Eastern Railway / Kolkata payable at GPO / Kolkata should be attached by UR & OBC candidate with the application forms. Candidate should mention their name and address on the Indian Postal Order.
- Indian Postal Order issued before the date of publication of Eastern Railway notification will not be accepted.
- The amount of Indian Postal Order is neither refundable nor transferable nor will be kept reserved for any other purpose. Any type of suit or claim can not be filed in any court for transfer or refund of the amount of Indian Postal Order.
iv) The candidates belonging to the following communities are exempted from payment of processing fee.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes.
- Minority Communities – Muslims / Christians / Sikhs / Buddhists , Zoroastrians ( Paresis ).
- Economically backward class whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum. The economically backward class candidates have to produce income certificate on letter head in prescribed format. ( Annexure – B ).
- Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed by the candidates with the Eastern Railway 2013 application form for getting exemption from paying processing fee.
- Payment of fee in any other form will not be accepted and such applications for Eastern Railway will be treated as without fee and will be summarily rejected the candidature of the candidate.
7. Mode of Recruitment Against Sports Quota in Eastern Railway 2013 :
- The Eastern Railway selection of candidate will be done by the competent recruitment committee and trial committee through trials and interview.
- The candidates declared fit / suitable in Trials shall only be considered for the interview stage by Recruitment committee.
8. Indian Eastern Railway Medical Examination :
The candidate will require to be declared medically fit by Railway Medical authority in the medical category prescribed for the post, prior to appointment after due selection.