Eastern Railway Recruitment 2015 for Apprentice
Office of the Chief Works Manager,
C & W Workshop,
Pin – 711 204.
Closing Date & Time for Eastern Railway Jobs 2015 : 28.09.2015 16.00 hrs.
Engagement of passed out ITI candidates as Act Apprentices in C & W Workshop, E.Rly, Liluah under the Apprenticeship Act, 1961 & Apprenticeship Rules, 1962.
1. Eastern Railway Apprentice Applications are invited in the prescribed format from the candidates fulfilling the conditions given below for engagement of 525 nos. of Act Apprentices for C & W Workshop, E.Rly, Liluah under the Apprenticeship Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1962 for imparting training.
2. The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed “Application for engagement of Act Apprentice” against Employment Notice No. 01/2015/LLH for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting Training.
3. The Eastern Railway Apprentice application is liable to be rejected if any of the compulsory enclosure are not enclosed as indicated in the proforma and if submitted more than one application.
4. Apprentices will be engaged in the following trades and selected candidates will have to undergo training at BTC / E.Rly / Liluah :
|Sl. No.||Name of trades||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Ex Servicemen|
|1.||Fitter||115||34||17||62||228||3% of the total no of seats ( i.e. 16 seats ) are reserved for Ex-Serviceman.
2% of the total no of seats ( i.e 11 seats ) are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons.
|3.||Painter ( G )||30||9||5||16||60|
|4.||Welder ( G & E )||38||11||6||20||75|
|7.||Refrigeration & Air conditioning ( Mech )||2||0||0||1||3|
5. Condition : If no suitable OBC and Ex-serviceman candidates are available, trades will be filled up by un-reserved candidates. Standard of fitness for Physically Handicapped.
Physically Handicapped :
- “Only loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and hearing handicapped ( HH ) having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply”.
- If no suitable physically handicapped candidate is available, Post will be filled up from other suitable candidate.
A. For Loco Motor or Cerebral Palsy ( OH ) :
- Fitter : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Machinist : Only small finger damaged can join.
- Painter General : One upper & lower limb partially damaged.
- Welder : A person without leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated.
- Turner : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Electrician : Partially lower limb can be accommodated.
B. For Hearing Handicapped ( HH ) :
- Only deaf / dumb or deaf-mute.
- Hearing Handicapped are not entitled in the trade of :
- Wire man
( A physically handicapped person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by the Competent Authority mentioned as under ).
( The competent authority to issue disability certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the central or State Govt. The central / State Govt. may be constitute Medical board(s) consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a Specialist in the particular field for assessing a loco-motor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be. )
6. Ex-Servicemen : An Ex-serviceman candidate selected under the reservation provided for them is to be placed in the appropriate category viz. UR / SC / ST / OBC to which he / she belongs.
Reservation for Ex-serviceman, their children and children of Armed force personnel will be engaged for Apprenticeship as per details mentioned below :
- Children of deceased / Disabled Ex-Servicemen including those killed / disabled during peace time.
- Children of Ex-Servicemen.
- Children of Serving Jawans.
- Children of Serving Officer.
7. Age Limit for Eastern Railway Apprentice 2015 :
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 01.07.2015 i.e the date of birth should be within 01.07.91 to 30.06.2000.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST Candidates. i.e the date birth should be within 01.07.86 to 30.06.2000.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of OBC candidates. i.e the date birth should be within 01.07.88 to 30.06.2000.
- For Physically Handicapped Person : Upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years. In case of SC / ST & OBC physically handicapped person the upper age is relaxable by 15 years & 13 years respectively.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for ex-serviceman upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces plus 3 years ( max. 40 yrs ) provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch. Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on Civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim ex-servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. Such a person will be deemed to be Civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age etc. as admissible to Civil employees in the normal course in accordance with existing instructions in this regard subject to his fulfillment of conditions governing the grant of such benefits. They are required to attach a certificate issue by Military Authority indicating their Date of enrollment and date of discharge. Ex-servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof including community certificate in the prescribed format as required. However, regardless of community, ex-servicemen will be considered against the ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only ex-servicemen belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available will be considered against the ex-servicemen quota.
8. Eastern Railway Apprentice Qualification 2015 : Matriculation ( Matriculate or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system ) with minimum 50% on average and having I.T.I. certificate from an institute affiliated to NCVT compulsory in relevant trade. Copies of all certificates viz. proof of date of birth, educational / technical Qualification Certificate, Caste Certificate. Ex-serviceman certificate, OBC certificate / Creamy Layer certificate etc. duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of Central or State Govt. and must bear office seal and name of attesting officer should be submitted along with the application. No extra weightage will be granted to candidates having higher educational qualification.
9. Training Period : As per directives of RDAT / Kolkata.
10. Stipend : Stipend will be paid as per extant rules.
11. How to Apply for Eastern Railway Apprentice 2015 : Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility and other criteria. At any stage of engagement, if erroneously engaged, such candidates shall be summarily dismissed without notice.
The Application form & Call Letter as per format must be submitted in A4 size paper duly filled in all respect by the candidate in his own hand writing with ball point pen to be addressed to the following :
Chief Works Manager,
C & W Workshop,
Pin – 711 204.
In a closed envelope enclosing the following documents :
- Two ( 2 ) Self-addressed envelope of 11” x 5” with Postal Stamp of 5/- ( Exemption for SC / ST / PH Candidates ).
- A Crossed Postal Order in favour of F.A. & C.A.O. Eastern Railway, Kolkata payable at GPO / Kolkata for 40/- as a processing fee which is not refundable / transferable under any circumstances. The Postal Order purchased before the date of publication of this notice will not be valid.
- No fee is required for SC / ST / PH / Women / Minority & economically backward class candidates.
- Two ( 2 ) recent Passport Size Photographs duly signed by the applicant, one photograph should be pasted on the Application Form in the space provided for it and the another should be pasted on the ‘Call Letter-cum-Admit Card’ in the space provided. Both the photographs must be attested by Gazetted Officer.
- The application Form should be strictly as per format enclosed as Annexure – ‘A’ & ‘B’ on good quality white paper of A4 size using one side only. The candidate must fill up the required information with black pen / black ball pen on his / her own handwriting in “English / Hindi” only. No column should be left blank.
- Photo copy of Matriculation Certificate & mark sheet ( both the side of the mark sheet ) duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- Photo copy of ITI Certificate & mark sheet ( both the side of the mark sheet ) duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- Photo copy of Cast Certificate duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- Photo copy of ( Creamy layer Certificate ) in case of OBC candidates duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- Photo copy of discharge certificate of Ex-Serviceman duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- Photo copy of physically Handicapped Certificate duly attested by any Gazetted Officer.
- In case of SC / ST / OBC candidates, a certificate from the appropriate authority, for their belonging to SC / ST / OBC categories should be submitted in the format prescribed by the Government of India ( Annexure – ‘C’ for SC / ST & Annexure – ‘D’ for OBC ).
The list of authorities empowered to issue SC / ST / OBC certificates are indicated below :
- District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-divisional Magistrate / Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner ( not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate ).
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his family resides.
12. Sealed Box for dropping of the applications will be kept at the Chief Works Manager’s Office, C & W Workshop, Liluah between 10.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs. in all working days & 10.00 hrs. to 12.30 hrs. on Saturday only ( except Sunday & Holiday ). The box will be finally withdrawn at 16.00 hrs. on 28.09.2015.
13. Name and address of the candidates should be legibly filled in on the Call Letter-cum-Admit Card with a recent passport size photograph of the candidate duly signed and attested by a Gazetted Officer affixed on the space provided in the format of the call letter. The Call Letter should be sent along with the application form through ordinary post only.
14. If it is noticed by the Railway Administration that the applicant has furnished wrong information / fake certificates, the Railway administration reserves the right to discharge the candidate / selected candidate at any stage without notice. FIR will be lodged for submitting false / forged certificates & for furnishing wrong / false information or documents in support of their considerations.
15. The Railway administrations do not undertake any responsibility for sending reply to the candidates not selected or not called for. No correspondence in respect of the application submitted shall be entertained or replied by this office to any individual or organization.
16. Eastern Railway Apprentice Application received after closing date and time will not be entertained. Candidates should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date & time to “The Chief Works Manager, C & W Workshop, Eastern Railway, Liluah, P.O.Liluah, Distt. – Howrah, ( W.B. ) Pin – 711 204”.
17. The Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the Act Apprentice engagement process. The Railway administration also reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of seats for imparting training or to cancel this notification.
18. Eastern Railway Apprentice Mode of Selection 2015 :
- Engagement of Act Apprentices will be done only on the basis of marks obtained in the Matriculation Examination or 10th Class in 10+2 Examination system and having I.T.I. Certificate from a Institute Affiliated to National Council for Vocational Training is compulsory. No extra weightage shall be granted to candidates having higher education. Selection will be done on pro-rata basis in proportion to the applications received from various Board / University.
- Candidates equal to 1.25 times of the number of slots of Act Apprentices shall be called for verification of original testimonials and their physical fitness.
- If any two or more candidates have secured same percentage in 10th Class ( 10+2 system ) or Matriculate, the deciding factor will be the date of birth and the senior will be preferred. However, if the date of birth also coincides the deciding factor will be the marks obtained in Mathematics and the higher secure in the subject will be preferred.
- Candidates finally selected should be engaged as Act Apprentice subject to found fit in appropriate Medical Examination by Railways as applicable for the workshop.
- No daily allowance / conveyance allowances or travelling allowance is admissible in this respect.
- No Hostel accommodation will be provided and selected candidate will have to make their own arrangement during their training as per Apprentice Act, 1961 and they will be released on completion of the training.