Eastern Railway Recruitment 2014 Against Sports Quota
Closing Date : 24.12.2013.
1. Eastern Railway applications are invited from the eligible and excellent, Male Sports Persons in the given Format ( Annexure – ‘A’ ) for Selection of 03 Sports Persons for Jamalpur Workshop in PB – I, Scale 5200 – 20200/- with GP 1800/- against Sports Quota open advertisement for the year 2013 – 14.
2. Details of ER Railway Sports Recruitment 2014 for Jamalpur Workshop :
|No. of Posts||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|03||PB - I 5200 - 20200/-||1800/-|
3. Sports Discipline :
- Football ( Male ) – Forward – 01, ( Male ) – Defender – 01.
- Chess ( Male ) – 01.
4. Eastern Railway Sports Persons Educational Qualification 2014 :
- The minimum Educational qualification is Class X pass or ITI or equivalent.
- No relxation in minimum educational qualification is permissible in recruitment against open advertisement.
- However, Outstanding sportspersons who are Class VIII passed and have outstanding sports achievements identical to Group ‘C’ category i.e. represented the Country in any of the championshoip / Event in the category i.e. :
Category A : Olympic Games ( Senior category ).
Category B : World Cup ( Junior / Senior category ).
World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
Assian Games ( Senior Category )
Commonwealth Games ( Senior category )
can be considered for recruitment in (-) 1S Pay Band in Scale 4440 – 7440/- without carrying any Grade Pay. Such sportspersons will be given the regular Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200/- alongwith the Grade Pay 1800/- only on acquiring the minimum educational qualification required for Pay Band – 1, Grade Pay 1800/- or passing the requisite training test.
5. Age as on 01.01.2014 : The age limit is 18 to 25 years. No age relaxation ( upper or lower ) shall be permissible
6. Minimum Sports Achievement / Qualification : The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sports persons in PB – 1, 5000 – 20200/- with Grade Pay 1800/- for both team and individual events are as under :
- Sports person concerned should have represented the country in any of the Category C Championships / events, which are as under :
- Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior category )
- Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior category )
- South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior category )
- USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior category ) Or
- Should obtain at least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) Or
- Represented a State of equivalent unit, except in marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
- Should obtain at least 3rd position in senior State Championships for all units & Districts of the State.
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board ( RSPB ).
- For recruitment on the basis of Sports achievement in Junior National Championship recognised by RSPB, the age group as mentioned below for Football and Chess shall only be considered :
- For Football : The age group is under – 19 in Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy.
- For Chess : The age group is under – 19 in Junior National Chess Championship.
- The sportspersons having the sports norms for higher Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment against sports quota subject to submission of an undertaking to the effect that he will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railway.
- In team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sports in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportspersons who represents as member of a team in any recognised sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment.
- In the Chess sports stream, the sportspersons having 2300 or more rating points in last two consecutive fide Rating list shall also be considered for recruitment.
- No other tournament shall be considered.
7. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievement
Recognised sports achievements should be in the current and / or immediate previous two financial years and sports persons should be an active player. For this purpose, the period shall be counted from the date of notification. Therefore, the sports achievements in recognised championships / events on or after 01.04.2011 shall only be considered for appointment. For this purpose concluding day of the championship / event shall be taken in to account. In Teams Sports, only sports persons who have actually played the sport in field, shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sports person who represents as member of a team in any recognised Sports Events / Championship but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for recruitment against Sports Quota.
8. Application Fee for Eastern Railway Recruitment 2014 :
- Processing fee in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order / Crossed Demand Draft / Pay Order of 100/- issued by any Post Office / any Nationalised Bank payable to FA&CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata, Payable at GPO / Kolkata / Nationalised Bank / Kolkata should be attached by UR and OBC candidates with the application forms. Candidate should mention their Name and Address on the Indian
Postal Order / Demand Draft / Pay Order where applicable.
- The Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft / Pay Order issued before the date of publication of this notification will not be accepted.
- The amount of Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft / Pay Order is neither refundable nor transferable nor will be kept reserved for any other purpose. Any type of suit or claim cannot be filed in any Court for transfer or refund of the amount of Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft / Pay Order.
- The candidates belonging to the following communities are exempted from payment of processing fee.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes. ( The SCs / STs candidates have to produce caste certificate in prescribed format )
- Minority Communities – Muslims / Christians / Sikhs / Buddhists, Zoroastrians ( Parsis ). A declaration should be enclosed as per Format ( Annexure ‘C’ ).
- Ex. Servicemen
- Economically backward class candidates whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum. The economically backward class candidates have to produce income certificate on letter head in prescribed format ( Annexure – B ).
Note : Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed by the candidates with the application forms for getting exemption from paying processing fee.
9. Mode of Recruitment for Eastern Railway 2014 :
- The selection of candidate will be done by the competent recruitment committee and trial committee through Trials and Interview.
- The candidates declared fit in Trials shall only be considered for the interview stage by Recruitment committee.
10. Eastern Railway Medical Examination 2014 :
The candidate will require to be declared medically fit by Railway Medical authority in the medical category prescribed for the post, prior to appointment after due selection.
11. How to Apply for Eastern Railway Jobs 2014 :
- Application shall be submitted in prescribed format of A4 size quality paper as per Annexure – A. The application should be in English or in Hindi language only and should be filled up clearly and neatly only in English / Hindi language by the candidate himself using blue / black Ink in his own handwriting and signed in normal signature in English / Hindi at the deginedated space of the Application Format.
- Application signed in capital letters will be treated as invalid and rejected.
- The application submitted in other than English / Hindi language will be rejected summarily.
- One recent Passport size photograph ( Not earlier than three months from the date of application ) with clear front view of the candidate without Cap / Sunglass / Wigs duly signed by the candidate on the Top of the Photograph should be pasted on the application in the space provided.
- Two identical photographs also duly signed by the candidate containing name and address on the back of photograph should be attached with the application form.
3. A candidate should put his Left Thumb Impression in black Printers ink at the designed space in the Application form. The Thumb impression must be clear and visible.
12. Whom to Apply for Eastern Railway Recruitment 2014 :
Chief Works Manager,
Jamalpur – 811 214
District – Munger ( Bihar ).
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for Appointment in PB – 1, 5200 – 20200/-; Grade Pay 1800/- Against Sports Quota – 2013-14 Open Advertisement with Employment Notice No. & Sports Discipline”.
The Railway administration will not be responsible for any loss / misplacement of application, if the above is not superscribed on the envelope, the candidature will stand cancelled.
13. The last date of receipt of application will be at 14.00 hrs. on 24.12.2013. Application received after the closing date will not be entertained and will automatically be treated as cancelled.
Eastern Railway Application 2014 Application shall be accepted as under :
- By Post : The application can be sent either by registered post or by ordinary post. The application received after due date i.e. 24.12.2013 due to Postal delay, even if, it is sent well before the closing date, will not be entertained and treated as cancelled.
- By Dropping in Box : The application can be dropped in the box kept at Gate No. 1 of Jamalpur Workshop from the day after the date of publication of notification from 10.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs ( except Sundays and Holidays ) up to 23.12.2013. The box will be available upto 13:00 Hrs on Saturdays. No application will be received, if it is sent by Courier.
13. Serving Candidates : Candidate serving in any Govt. Deptt. or Public Sector undertaking including Railways should apply through proper channel or should apply directly with ‘No Objection’ certificate from the employer to avoid delay.
15. Conditions for Applying Eastern Railway Jobs 2014 :
- The age should be reckoned as on 01.01.2014.
- Sportspersons having sports norms for higher Grade pay and applied against the vacancies for the Lower Grade Pay can be considered for recruitment. In such cases the sportsperson has to give an undertaking that he will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railway, on the sports achievement he has acquired prior to joining Railways.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility of candidates, candidature, acceptance or rejection of application, finalisation of panel etc. will be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained on this account. The Railway Administration do not undertake any responsibility for sending reply to the candidates not selected or not called for and it will not be challenged in any court.
- The application is liable to be rejected if any of the compulsory enclosures and crossed Indian postal order / Crossed Demand Draft / Pay Order are not attached with the application in prescribed proforma or any column left blank. If there is nothing to write against any column it should be filled Nil.
- If it noticed by Railway Administration that the applicant have furnished wrong information / fake certificates, the Railway Administrations reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any stage of recruitment process and even after the selection / appointment. FIR will be lodged for submitting false and forged certificates.
- Mere calling for trial / Interview does not confer any right or claim for appointment. Name of successful candidate declared to be so by competent recruitment committee will be notified separately, whose candidature shall be purely provisional till departmental verification of qualification, credentials, PVR etc. as deemed necessary are not completed and found genuine.
- Eastern Railway reserves the right to consider only those candidates who have potential to strengthen Eastern Railway’s existing team on the basis of field trial conducted.
- For individual events, the performance during the field trial should be at least equivalent or better than the 3rd place of All Indian Railway Championships.
- Canvassing in any manner will be disqualification of the candidate.
- No TA / DA / Food / Lodging will paid / provided to the candidates for appearing in the Selection Trial / Interview. The candidates have to bring their own playing kit. They may also be reqired to stay during selection for 2 – 3 days for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- Envelope containing the application ( not more than one ) should be superscribed “Application for appointment in PB – 1 Scale 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1800/- against Sports Quota 2013 – 14 open advertisement with Employment Notice no. & Sports Discipline”.
- The Railway Administration will not be held responsible for any postal delay and any printing error.
- Any part or all of the above provision may be modified / changed / abrogated any time by orders of competent authority.
- Selected candidate, who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Territorial Army.
- This employment notice is also available on website www.er.indianrailways.gov.in to download the same go to the above site then click to workshop Jamalpur Department Personnel. Recruitment against Sports Quota for Jamalpur Workshop 2013.