Eastern Railway General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) 2016
Online applications are invited from the regular employees of Eastern Railway for filling up of following posts (30% vacancies against Direct Recruitment quota) in PB-1 5200-20200 with Grade Pay 2800/- as per vacancies.
|Cat No.||Posts||Educational Qualification||Medical Classification||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Training Period|
|A.||Assistant Station Master||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent||Aye - Two||68||20||10||37||135||Below one year|
|B.||Goods Guard||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent||Aye - Two||61||18||09||32||120||Below one year|
Eastern Railway GDCE Examination will be conducted separately for ASM and Goods Guard. Separate application has to be submitted for each category. Separate Hall Ticket will be generated for each category.
Regular Railway employees of Eastern Railway, who are working in grades lower than the ASM and Goods Guard posts i.e. who are working in PB-I with GP 1800/-, 1900/-, 2000/-, 2400/- are eligible to apply online for the ASM and Goods Guard at Railway Recruitment Cell – East Railways website www.rrcer.com and Eastern Railways website www.er.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel are not eligible to apply for GDCE in terms of Railway Boards letter No. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated. 11th August, 2003.
- Law Assistant, Catering Inspector & Accounts Cadre are not eligible to apply in terms of Railway Boards letter No. E(NG)I/2000/PN2/12 dated 21st August, 2001 (RBE No. 165/2001).
Eastern Railway GDCE Eligibility 2016
Eastern Railway GDCE Age Limit 2016 : Age will be reckoned as on 1st August, 2016. The Date of Birth of the candidates should be between the dates below (Both dates inclusive).
UR : Upper Date of Birth – 01st August, 1974, Age – 18 to 42, Lower Date of Birth – 01st August, 1998.
OBC : Upper Date of Birth – 01st August, 1971, Age – 18 to 45, Lower Date of Birth – 01st August, 1998.
SC/ST : Upper Date of Birth – 01st August, 1969, Age – 18 to 47, Lower Date of Birth – 01st August, 1998.
Age Proof for East Railway GDCE 2016
- Birth Certificate issued by appropriate authority or
- Matric/SSC/SSLC certificate or mark sheet indicating Date of Birth issued by Board or
- School leaving/Transfer certificate issued by Schools/College Authority.
Essential Qualification for East Railway GDCE 2016 : Candidate should have a Degree from recognised University or its equivalent including degree obtained through non formal/distance education provided he/she has completed 12 years of schooling through an Examination conducted by a Board/University or has passed an entrance Test conducted by the University and is not below 18 years of age on 1st July of the year of admission to the course and the degree so obtained is of 3 years duration as on the date of submission of the East Railway GDCE online application. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply. Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply.
How to Apply for East Railway GDCE 2016
Apply Procedure for East Railway GDCE 2016 : Eligible Eastern Railway employee may apply Online through website of Railway Recruitment Cell/East Railway www.rrcer.com and website of Eastern Railway www.er.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling East Railway GDCE online application and fill up the personal details/Bio-Data carefully. They are also required to fill up separate application for ASM & Goods Guard.
- Candidates should ensure that their Name, Fathers Name and Date of Birth match with the entries recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their personal mobile no. and personal valid e-mail IDs in the East Railway GDCE Online application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process for communicating them.
- Candidates are further advised to visit website of Railway Recruitment Cell frequently to get the latest information or any changes about East Railway GDCE notification. The communication with the candidates will be made through SMS & e-mail only. Candidates are advised to provide only their own Mobile number/e-mail ID so that they receive such communication.
- A colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5cm (not older than three months from the date of application) with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses should be pasted. Candidates are advised to paste one copy of the same photograph attested by his Controlling Officer on the print out of Hall Ticket/e-Call Letter and original valid Photo ID at the time of East Railway GDCE examination. They are also advised to keep 3 copies of the same photograph for further use.
- During submission of East Railway GDCE Online application, a Unique Registration Number will be generated and issued to each candidate separately for each category. Candidates are advised to preserve/note their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process/correspondence.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit East Railway GDCE Online application much before the closing date 23rd September, 2016.
- Candidate should obtain at least 3 printouts of the East Railway GDCE applications.
- Fill up the East Railway GDCE application online and take 3 printouts, paste photograph and get attested by Controlling Officer. Put your left hand thumb impression, put your signature, submit in triplicate and collect the acknowledgement well in advance before the closing date 23rd September, 2016.
- He should enclose required enclosures as stated with the application and submit the East Railway GDCE application in triplicate to his Controlling Officer, take acknowledgement latest by 29th September, 2016 failing which candidature will be cancelled.
- East Railway GDCE Application received directly at Head Quarters or Railway Recruitment Cell will not be entertained.
Steps to Submit East Railway GDCE Online Application 2016
- Visit the website of Railway Recruitment Cell – East Railway i.e. www.rrcer.com & website of Eastern Railway i.e. www.er.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Click on the East Railway GDCE “Online/E-Application” link.
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Fill in the basic details viz. Name, Fathers Name, Date of Birth, Community, e-mail Address and Mobile number. On submission of required details an e-mail will be received in the registered e-mail ID. Item no. 1 to 13 of the East Railway GDCE application form is mandatory and to be filled up by the applicants. Open inbox of your registered e-mail and click on the link received to proceed further.
- Login using the Registration number & password sent in the e-mail.
- Follow the East Railway GDCE Application instructions and complete the registration process step-by-step.
- Submit the East Railway GDCE application. Take 3 copies of print out.
- For detailed procedure of East Railway GDCE Online application refer to the e-help link provided on the Railway Recruitment Cell website.
Opening date & time for Online Registration & filling of East Railway GDCE application : 24th August, 2016 10.00 hrs.
Closing date & time for Online Registration & filling of East Railway GDCE application : 23rd September, 2016 18.00 hrs.
SC/ST Candidates : Candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST communities are required to submit Community Certificate from the Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
OBC Candidates :
- Candidates claiming to belong to Other Backward Classes are required to submit valid Community Certificate from the Competent Authority in the prescribed format. This Certificate should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy layer).
- Candidates claiming to belong to Other Backward Classes are also required to submit a self declaration in the prescribed format.
Note : Candidates applying against reserved vacancies (SC/ST/OBC) and/or seeking age relaxation must submit requisite caste certificate in the prescribed format from the competent authority. Otherwise, their claim for reservation status (SC/ST/OBC) will not be entertained and the candidature/application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions for General (Un-reserved) category, will be considered under General (UR) vacancy only.
East Railway GDCE Exam Procedure 2016
East Railway GDCE Written Exam 2016 :
- Separate East Railway GDCE examination will be conducted for ASM and Goods Guard posts. Separate merit list will be formed for ASM and Goods Guard posts and therefore the candidates should fill up separate application form.
- East Railway GDCE Examinations will be conducted Online shortly. Therefore, candidates should regularly visit Railway Recruitment Cell website www.rrcer.com to check the date of examination and download the Hall Ticket.
- Candidates are advised to paste one photograph on the printout of the Hall Ticket/e-Call Letter and get it attested by his Controlling Officer and bring alongwith valid photo ID at the time of East Railway GDCE examination.
- The East Railway GDCE Exam Question paper shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The question paper will be in English & Hindi only.
- East Railway GDCE Written examination will be of the level of Railway Recruitment Board examination of these categories i.e National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Graduate Quota (Non Technical Popular Category Graduate Quota). The standard of questions for East Railway GDCE examinations will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning. The Question paper will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.
- There shall be negative marking and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the mark allotted for each question.
East Railway GDCE Aptitude Test : Candidates who will be eligible for ASM and Goods Guard post of ASM as per their merit, will have to undergo prescribed Aptitude Test. For Aptitude Test details, they are advised to visit website of RDSO www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in -> Directorates -> Psycho Technical Directorate -> Candidates Corner for question patterns & other details.
- East Railway GDCE Successful candidates in the written exam and aptitude test (for ASM ONLY) will be called for Document Verification.
- During document verification the candidates has to bring all necessary documents in original. After satisfactory document verification the candidate will be considered for empanelment subject to fulfillment of other criteria.
- The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness tests conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the ASM and Goods Guard post.
East Railway GDCE Application Processing 2016
- Controlling Officer will forward all the East Railway GDCE applications in triplicate to respective Sr.DPO/DPO/WPO or respective Establishment officer by 7th October, 2016.
- It is the responsibility of Divisions/Units to scrutinize the applications as per the eligibility criteria prescribed in the East Railway GDCE Notification.
- List of eligible candidates should be prepared by the divisions/units. List of Eligible candidates (Soft and Hard copy), along with one copy of the applications should be forwarded to Railway Recruitment Cell – East Railway latest by 21st October, 2016.
- No East Railway GDCE applications will be entertained in Railway Recruitment Cell office directly from the candidate.
- East Railway GDCE Applications received from Division/Unit after 21st October, 2016 to Railway Recruitment Cell office will not be entertained.
- One copy of the East Railway GDCE application with consolidated list should be maintained in the division/unit office for any future reference.
- List of eligible candidates will be notified on Railway Recruitment Cell website.
- Call letter for the East Railway GDCE written examination will be issued Online.
For any legal issues arising out of East Railway GDCE Notice, the Jurisdiction shall be under Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal, Calcutta only.
East Railway Recruitment Cells Decision Final : The decision of Railway Recruitment Cell – East Railway in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examinations, allotment of examination centre, allotment of posts/places to selected candidates and all other matters related with conduct of recruitment process will be final and binding on the candidates, and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.