East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Staff & Welfare Inspector
East Coast Railway,
General Manager (P),
Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur,
Bhubaneswar – 751 017.
Sub : Selection for promotion to the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector in scale PB – 2 ( 9300 – 34800/- ) + GP 4200/- against 35% quota in the combined cadre of ECoR / HQ & WPO / MCS.
It is proposed to conduct a selection for promotion to the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector in scale of 9300 – 34800/- + GP 4200/- in the combine cadre of ECoR / HQ and WPO / MCS against 35% quota, inviting applications from volunteers of all departments ( except Accounts and Security Deptt. ) with prescribed qualifications.
1. ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Vacancies 2015 : Total vacancies to be filled = 01 ( UR ).
2. ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Eligibility conditions 2015 :
- Group ‘C’ staff of all departments of ECoR / HQ & CRW / MCS in possession of any of the following qualifications irrespective of the grade or length of service or other educational qualifications :
- Diploma in Labour Welfare / Social Welfare,
- Diploma in Labour Laws,
- LLB with paper(s) in Labour Laws,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management awarded by an Institution recognized by the Govt, of India, and
- MBA with paper(s) in Personnel Management awarded by an Institution recognized by the Govt, of India.
Provided, that staff working in grade of 9300 – 34800/- + GP 4200/- or above on regular basis will not be eligible to appear the aforesaid selection.
Provided further that eligibility of staff in possession of qualification, as mentioned above will also be subject to the condition that they have successfully completed the probation in the respective grade.
- Erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff of GP – 1800 / who have completed at least 07 ( Seven ) years service in Group D’ on the date of notification and are in possession of any of the qualifications mentioned in (i) above are also eligible to apply.
- Staff in the grades next below the grade of Staff & Welfare Inspector i.e. those in grades of 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 2800/- and 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 2400/- with five years of service in respective grades in case the higher grade does not fall in the normal line of advancement, otherwise five years service together in these grades.
- Staff in the grades 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 2800/- and 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 2400/- who are Graduates irrespective of the length of service in these grades provided the staff concerned have successfully completed the probation in the respective grades.
- Staff in grades lower than the grades next below the grade of Staff & Welfare Inspectors i.e. those in grades 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 2000/- and 5200 – 20200/- + GP of 1900/-, who are Graduates and who have completed not less than 7 ( seven ) years service in the respective grade in case the higher grade does not fall in the normal line of advancement, otherwise, seven years service together in these grades.
- Those employees who have come to ECoR / HQ & CRW / MCS on bottom seniority, their length of service should be counted in terms of RBE No. 34/2006.
3. ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Mode of Selection 2015 : The eligible staff who satisfy the prescribed condition of eligibility will be subject to a selection which will consist of :
- ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Written examination 2015 ( for Professional ability ) : 50% marks,
- Record of Service : 30% marks on the basis of scrutiny of record in terms of RBE No. 35/2006. Objective type questions will be set to the extent of about 50% of the total marks allotted for the written examination as per the instructions contained in Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG) 1/2006/PM1/18 of 30.8.2006 (RBE 123/2006). However, final panel shall be drawn after scrutiny of SRs / ACRs / APARs of the candidates qualifying the written examination subject to verification of SPE / Vig. / D&A Clearance etc. Candidates securing 60% marks in Professional ability and 60% marks in the aggregate shall be considered for empanelment in the order of merit based on aggregate marks of Professional ability and Record of service.
The objective type questions will be in the form of multiple choice, ‘filling of the blanks’, “tick, ‘true or false’ / right or wrong’, ‘match the following’ and may include questions requiring one word / line answer, “yes or no”, naming etc. There is no provision to alter / cutting / over writing in the answers of objective type questions.
It may be noted that there is no classification of “Outstanding” in the final panel, the selection being a General Selection based on merit where eligible candidates are being called from different departments / seniority units and the zone of consideration not being confined to three times the number of staff to be empanelled in terms of para – 219 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Vol – I.
4. ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Syllabus 2015 : A copy of syllabus for the written examination is enclosed herewith as “Annexure – I”. The question paper shall also contain questions on Official Language Policy and Rules to the extent of 10% of the total marks allotted to professional ability, which will be optional.
5. Last Date for submission of ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Application Form 2015 : The last date for submission of application is 24.07.2015, Applications should be routed by the volunteering employee through their controlling supervisors / officers to the Personnel Officer in charge of the unit. All the applications should be consolidated and verified by the controlling officer and only valid applications after preliminary scrutiny should be sent in a bunch together with the consolidated statement so as to reach the undersigned latest by 30.07.2015 at 18.15 Hrs. positively. Applications received after 24.07.2015 should not be entertained by the controlling officers / supervisors. The applications sent directly or in piece-meal will not be entertained by the undersigned.
6. General Conditions for ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector 2015 :
- In terms of Board’s letter No. Hindi/84/OL/1/10/3 dated 3.11.1988, employees will have an option to answer the question paper in Hindi. Those who opt for writing the written examination in Hindi should indicate their choice, in writing, beforehand.
- No ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector application which is materially deficient should be forwarded. The authorities wall check the correctness of all particulars of the application with the service record and other relevant records and certify the correctness of each item of the applications.
- In case, service particulars furnished by the applicants are found incorrect / false, the candidature of the staff wall be liable to be cancelled at any stage during and even after the completion of selection process.
- Applications should be submitted in the prescribed format ( Annexure – II ) enclosed. No piecemeal forwarding of applications shall be entertained.
- All the service conditions mentioned in Para 2 under eligibility criteria (i) to (v) wall be reckoned as on the date of notification i.e. as on 10.07.2015.
- Candidates should be in the readiness to appear for the written examination, for which a separate notification shall be issued indicating the date, time and venue of examination.
- Candidates must know that, since this is a general selection, there would not be any supplementary selection for non-attending candidates.
- Copies of the notice may be placed on the office Notice Boards so that the eligible staff may apply.
- This notification may be given wide publicity to avoid any complaints at a later date.
- The detail notification can also be viewed / downloaded by visiting ECoR webpage.
ECoR Staff & Welfare Inspector Syllabus for selection to the post Staff & Welfare Inspector in PB – 2 ( scale 9300 – 34800/- ) with GP 4200/- against 35% quota.
- Writing Skills.
- RLT Award 8c Hours of Employment Regulations.
- Welfare activities for Railway Employees.
- Staff Benefit Fund.
- School policy on Railways.
- Cultural Activities.
- Recreation Centers and Clubs..
- Handicraft Centers.
- Co-operative Stores / Societies.
- Sports Activities.
- Scouts & Guides.
- Holiday Homes.
- Employment on Compassionate Grounds.
- Medical examination of Railways employees, Medical decategorisation and absorption of medically decategorised staff.
- Loans and Advances available to Railway Employees.
- Man-Power Planning
- Vacancy Bank Register.
- Bench Marking.
- Creation of Posts.
- Supernumerary posts.
- Redeployment of surplus staff.
- Uniform Policy.
- Eligibility of staff.
- Periodicity of supply of uniform.
- Procedure for change in classification.
- Pay and allowances.
- Pass Rules.
- Leave Rules.
- Railway Pension Rules.
- Grievances Redressal Machinery.
- Recognition of Trade Unions, Permanent Negotiation Machinery, Dealing with unrecognized Unions / Associations, Facilities to Office Bearers of Recognized Union / Associations.
- General Conditions of service.
- The SC & ST ( Prevention of Atrocities ) Act, 1989.
- The Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995.
- Labour Laws : Labour Laws on Contract Labour, Employees Compensation Act, Payment of Wages Act, Minimum Wages Act, I.D. Act, Labour Commissioner, Labour Court, Industrial Tribunal Cases, CAT Act, Factories Act, Right to Information Act.
- LARSGESS, RELHS, MACP Scheme.
- Ex-gratia Cases.
- Discipline and Appeal Rules.
- Railway Servant Conduct Rules.
- Rajbhasa Policy.