East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Sports Quota
East Coast Railway,
Office of the Chief Personnel Officer,
2nd Floor, Rail Sadan,
Odisha – 751 017.
Date of issue for ECoR Sports Quota 2015 : 12.09.2015.
Closing Date & Time for ECoR Sports Quota 2015 : 12.10.2015 17:00 hrs.
( For residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep, Closing Date & Time for ECoR Sports Quota 2015 : 26.10.2015 17:00 hrs ).
1. East Coast Railway Applications are invited from eligible Sports persons who are Indian nationals for recruitment against Sports Quota ( Open Advt. ) for the year 2015 – 16 in East Coast Railway for the vacancies indicated below :
|Pay Band - 1||Grade Pay||Unit / No. of vacancies||Total|
|ECoR Hqs||WAT Division||KUR Division||SBP Division|
|5200 - 20200/-||2800/-||5||-||-||-||5|
1.1 Reservation : There is no such reservation for SC / ST / OBC communities. The candidates having the required performance in the particular sports discipline will be selected on the basis of overall merit secured irrespective of their communities.
1.2 The details of sports disciplines, event, position required under each unit is given below ( read with Para – 1 above ) :
|Unit||Grade Pay||Catg. No.||Discipline||Event||Position Required||No. of vacancies|
|ECoR Hqs||1900/- / 2000/-||1||Aquatics||Men||50, 100 meters Free style||1|
|2400/- / 2800/-||2||Basketball||Men||-||2|
|1900/- / 2000/-||3||Men||-||2|
|1900/- / 2000/-||4||Foot Ball||Women||Goal Keeper||1|
|2400/- / 2800/-||8||Hockey||Men||Goal keeper||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||9||Full Back||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||10||Half||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||11||Forward||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||12||Volleyball||Men||Setter||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||13||Attacker||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||14||Women||Setter||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||15||Attacker||1|
|2400/- / 2800/-||16||Weightlifting||Men||+105 Kg||1|
|2400/- / 2800/-||17||94 Kg||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||18||62 Kg||1|
|1900/- / 2000/-||19||56 Kg||1|
|1800/-||20||Aquatics||Men||50,100 meters Free style||1|
|21||Cricket||Men||Medium fast Bowler||2|
|22||Cricket||Men||Batsman cum spin Bowler||2|
|30||Football||Men||Mid-fielder / Forward||1|
|31||Volleyball||Men||Setter / All Rounder||1|
|Wat Divn||1800/-||33||Boxing||Men||Bantam Weight ( 52 - 56 Kg )||1|
|34||Boxing||Men||Heavy Weight ( 81 - 91 Kg )||1|
|36||Athletics||Men||200 mtrs / 400 mtrs||1|
|37||Swimming||Men||50 / 100 mtrs Butter Fly||1|
2. ECoR Sports Quota Eligibility Norms 2015 :
- For recruitment of sports persons on Indian Railways against sports quota in team games, only the sports persons who have actually played the sport in field shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field, shall not to be considered for recruitment against sports quota. Accordingly, the candidate must enclose certificate(s) showing that he / she has actually being a playing member. In case of failure of submission of such certificates, candidates should not be allowed to appear in the field of trial.
- All the championships mentioned below should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
- For recruitment of sports persons, on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National Championships, the age groups as mentioned against each discipline shall only be considered.
2.1 Sports Achievements : Applicant should be currently an active player and should have fulfilled the sports achievements on or after 01.04.2013. The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sports persons in different Grade Pay & Pay Bands for both team and individual events are given below :
|Sl..No.||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Pay Band||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|( In )|
|(i)||PB - 1||2,800 or 2,400||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ). Or
At least 3 rd Position in any of the Category - B Championships / Events.
|(ii)||PB - 1||2,000 or 1,900||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - B Championships / Events. Or
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - C Championships / Events. Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd Position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or
At least 3rd Position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or
1st Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ).
|(iii)||PB - 1||1,800||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - C Championships / Events. Or
At least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ). Or
Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championships for all Units and Districts of the State.
2.2 Categorization of International Championships : The international Championships / events are categorized below ( should be read with Para – 2.1 above ) :
|Category - A||-||Olympic Games ( Senior Category ).|
|Category - B||-||World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category );
World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category );
Asian Games ( Senior Category );
Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).
|Category - C||-||Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ).
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ).
South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ).
USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ).
2.3. The required sports achievements of each discipline ( should be read with Paras – 2.1 above ) :
(a) Badminton and Table Tennis : Sports persons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Rankings in Pay Band – 1 and Grade Pay 1800/- as per the following criteria :
|Name of Pay Band / Scale||Pay Band||Grade Pay||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|( In Rupees )||Age Category||Event||Current Annual All India Ranking|
|PB - 1||5,200 - 20,200||1800/-||Seniors||Singles||Upto 16th Position|
|Doubles||Upto 6th Position|
|Youth||Singles||Upto 8th Position|
|Juniors||Singles||Upto 8th Position|
Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes. Ranking in Mixed-Doubles shall not be considered.
(b) Cricket : In Cricket at National level, following sports achievements in 4 Days / One Day Limited Overs / Twenty- 20 Overs Men / Women Cricket Championships ( except Vizzy Trophy ); organized under the aegis of BCCI; may also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Pay Band 5200 – 20,200 & Grade Pay 1,800/-.
|S. No.||Details of Championships||Category||Minimum Sports Achievement|
|(i)||All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championships.||Senior / Youth ( U - 25 ) / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championships.|
|(ii)||All India Inter State Championships.||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation in any stage.|
|(iii)||All India Inter Zonal Championships.||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Participation|
(c) Hockey : In Hockey, for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5,200 – 20,200, at least 2nd position in the International Tournaments of four or more nations, may also be considered. Participation in these tournaments may be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade pay 1800 in Pay Band 5,200 – 20,200/-.
(d) Athletics : In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship, may also be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade pay 1900 in Pay Band 5,200 – 20,200/-.
2.4. List of Junior National Championships recognized by RSPB for Recruitment of Sports persons on Indian Railways against Sports Quota ( should be read with Para – 2.1(c) above ) :
- Aquatics ( Diving ) ( Men ) : Sub Junior National Aquatics Championship in Under – 18 ( group – 1 );
- Aquatics ( Swimming ) ( Men ) : Junior National Aquatics Championship’ in Under – 17 ( group – 1 );
- Athletics ( Men / Women ) : Junior National Athletics Championship in Under – 220;
- Badminton ( Men ) : Junior National Badminton Championship in Under – 19 group;
- Basketball ( Men ) : Junior National Basketball Championship in Under – 18 group;
- Boxing ( Men / Women ) : Junior National Boxing Championship in age between 17 – 18 years;
- Cricket ( Men ) : Under – 23 Col. C.K.Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship ); Under – 19 Cooach Behar Trophy ( Inter State Championship ); Under – 19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State Championship ); Under – 19 Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship ).
- Football ( Men ) : Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy’ in Under – 19 group;
- Football ( Women ) : Women Under – 19 Junior National ( Girls ) Football Championship,
- Hockey ( Men ) : Junior ( Under – 21 ) National Hockey Championship in Under – 21 group;
- Table Tennis ( Men ) : Junior & Youth National Table Tennis Championship in Under – 17 group;
- Volleyball ( Men / Women ) : Junior National Volleyball Championship in Under – 19 group;
- Weightlifting ( Men ) : Junior National Weightlifting Championship in Under – 20 group;
3. ECoR Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2015 : Candidates should possess requisite academic qualification on the date of submission of application as given below. Those who are appearing at and / or awaiting results of final examination are not eligible :
|Posts having Grade Pay||Educational Qualification|
|2800||A Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.|
|2400||12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent, with 80 words per minute in Shorthand ( Hindi / English ) for a duration of 10 minutes which will be transcribed in typing in 65 minutes for English and in 75 minutes for Hindi, for the post of Jr. Stenographer. ( Or )
A pass in 1st year of B. Sc. ( Physics ) or, a pass in 10+2 stage in Higher Secondary in Science ( Math or Physics ) for the post of Electrical Signal Maintainer - II in S&T Dept.
|1900 & 2000||12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent examination. ( Or )
A pass in Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized Board and having ITI certificate may also apply to be posted as Tech - III.
|1800||10th standard or ITI or equivalent from a recognized board.|
4. Age Limits for ECoR Sports Quota 2015 : Minimum 18 years and Maximum 25 years of age as on 1.1.2016.
( Note : Matriculation or its equivalent certificate from recognized board should be submitted for date of birth proof ). No ECoR Sports Quota age relaxation is allowed even for SC / ST / OBC candidates.
5. ECoR Sports Quota Application Fee 2015 : UR and OBC candidates should submit application fee for an amount of 100/- ( rupees one hundred only ) in the form of Indian Postal Order from any Post Office ( issued on or after the date of this notification ) drawn in favour of “FA & CAO, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar”.
SC / ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.
Note : Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed along with the application form for getting exempted from paying this fee.
6. ECoR Sports Quota Selection procedure 2015 : Selection will be based upon performance in sports Trials and Interview. Certificate ( Sports & Educational ) Verification will be done by a duly constituted Recruitment Committee of this railway. The venue & date for Trials and Interview / Certificate Verification will be intimated to the eligible candidates. The respective unit / divisions will also upload the venue & date for Trials in their respective websites.
Distribution of Marks : Maximum marks which can be awarded by the Trial Committee for performance during Trial and Recruitment Committee during Interview Stage, shall be as follows :
|SI No.||Attributes||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Recognized sports achievement as per norms||50|
|2.||Games skill, physical fitness and coach’s observation during Trial||40|
|4.||General Intelligence / Personality||5|
Minimum Qualifying Marks :
|SI No.||Pay Band||Grade Pay ( in )||Minimum qualifying marks ( out of 100 )|
|1.||PB - 1||2800 / 2400||70|
|2.||PB - 1||2000 / 1900||65|
|3.||PB - 1||1800||60|
- The Recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates as per vacancies, in a particular discipline, notified. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification. In case more than one sports persons score the same mark, preference would be given to the younger candidate to decide the merit.
- The Railway Administration has all rights reserved to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change of place or postponement of Trials / Interview at its own convenience, which can also be cancelled due to unforeseen exigencies against which no claim will be accepted.
8. ECoR Sports Quota How to apply 2015 :
- Candidates should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice before filling up ECoR Sports Quota application form. ECoR Sports Quota Application Form should be made on a good quality white A – 4 ( 210 x 297 mm ) size paper using one side only. The candidate should use the same format published in the Employment Notice.
- The candidates have to fill up required information in his / her own handwriting using blue / black ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. Application filled in any language other than Hindi / English and by any person other than the applicant and having any change in the format of application will lead to rejection of application summarily.
- One recent passport size photograph ( 4cm x 5cm ) should be affixed on the application form without fail. The Photo may preferably be not older than 3 month as on date of applying. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing cap and goggles / coloured glasses. Photo should be new, sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any mark or signature on the front side of the affixed photograph. The photograph should be neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. Photograph should not be attested.
- One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on the backside should be attached along with the application form.
- Candidate should copy the paragraph at Item – 20 of the ECoR Sports Quota application form in English / Hindi in his / her own running handwriting ( not in capital / spaced out letters ) in the space given below the paragraph.
- Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand not in block capital letter or disjointed letters. Candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provide in the application form.
- While filling up of the application, candidates have to ensure that the signatures and two marks of physical identification ( like a mole on the nose, cut-markon the fore head in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm etc ) are clearly given without fail. Candidates should also give two left thumb impressions in the application form. If the LTIs are not clear and are smudged, the ECoR Sports Quota application will be liable to be rejected.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows : “Application against Sports Quota ( Open Advt. ) recruitment for the year 2015 – 16″.
- Candidate should clearly indicate the specific sports discipline, event, and position applying for as given in Para – 1.1 above. ( e.g, Attacker / Blocker etc ).
- Candidates should send their applications so as to reach at the address mentioned below at para 3.3 on or before the closing date and time. Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Candidates intending to apply for a particular category, should send their application to the respective address. Applications received at the address not pertaining to that category will be rejected. Late applications would be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should note that only Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / High School Examination Certificates is to be considered.
- Only international numerical like 1, 2, 3 etc should be used.
- Candidate should write his / her name, father’s name / husband’s name in capital letters as given in educational Certificate. Each letter should be filled in one box as shown below. One box should be left blank between each part of the name :
- Candidates should indicate Religion, Sex ( Male / Female ), Marital Status, Community ( UR / SC / ST / OBC ), Serving Employee and
other information in the relevant columns of the application form.
- Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on East Coast Railway after successful completion of all pre-appointment formalities, including training wherever prescribed.
- Before applying for a post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the ECoR Sports Quota eligibility and other criteria stipulated for the post. The Railway Administration would be free to reject any application no fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed, such candidate is liable to be summarily removed from service even after appointment.
- Serving Government Employees should send applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office. Further, that while filling up the application, candidates serving in any government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways may give a “Declaration” that they have intimated the fact of their applying for the exam to their office in the event of their selection, they will submit NOC from their employer at the time of Document Verification. In case they fail to submit NOC at the time of Document Verification, their candidature would be cancelled.
- Those candidates who are debarred from appearing in any of the RRB / RRC exams need not apply unless their debarration period expires by the closing date of this Employment Notification. Their application shall not be entertained.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of ECoR Sports Quota educational qualification, age, ST / SC / OBC status etc.
- UR / OBC candidates should enclose application fee as explained at para – 3.1 above without fail.
- Applicant should fill all 25 columns in the application without fail.
9. Other Terms and Conditions :
- ECoR Sports Quota Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should possess requisite educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- Discrepancies in the application submitted would render the candidate ineligible any time during the selection.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters to their correspondence address, Individual requests for change in dates / venue for trials etc. shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Sports Trials / Interview.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as clerk-cum-typist posts in Group – C, candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi within a period of four years from the date of appointment, and till such time appointment will be provisional.
- Decision of East Coast Railway in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- Applicants are advised to check the list of applicants whose applications get rejected which will be published on East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in. No other intimation of rejection would be communicated to such candidates.
- The recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
- Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in.
- East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process at any time without assigning reasons thereof.
10. For any legal dispute the jurisdiction will be at Central Administrative Tribunal, Cuttack.
11. Caution : Recruitment is purely merit based. East Coast Railway have not appointed any agents or coaching centres for acting on its behalf for this recruitment. Candidates are cautioned against any false claims made by any unscrupulous persons / agencies of getting them selected in this recruitment on illegal consideration. If you come across any such persons / agencies, please do inform the following address :
Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell,
Personnel Department, 2nd Floor,
South Block, Rail Sadan,
Odisha – 751 017.
They can also inform to the following address :
The Sr.Dy. General Manager cum Chief Vigilance Officer,
Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur,
Odisha – 751 017.
East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Sports Quota
Related Keywords for East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Sports Quota : East Coast Railway Sports Quota How to apply 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Eligibility 2015, Age Limits for ECoR Sports Quota 2015, East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Sports Quota, East Coast Railway Sports Quota Application Fee 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Selection procedure 2015, Date of Issue for ECoR Sports Quota 2015, Closing Date for ECoR Sports Quota 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Call Letter 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Admit Card Download 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Job Notification 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Job Admit Card 2015, ECoR Sports Quota Application Form 2015, ECoR Admit Card 2015, ECoR Application Status 2015, ECoR Advertisement 2015, ECoR Announcement 2015, ECoR Latest News 2015, ECoR Vacancy 2015, Exam Based Jobs 2015, Entrance Exam for Govt Jobs 2015, Government Jobs Exam 2015, Railway Recruitment Board Exam Notification 2015,