East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Office Superintendent
East Coast Railway,
Office of the General Manager(P),
Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur,
Bhubaneswar – 751 017.
Sub : Selection for promotion to the post of Office Superintendent in scale PB – 2 ( 9300 – 34800/- ) + GP 4200/- against 20% LDCE quota.
It is proposed to conduct a selection for promotion to the posts of Office Superintendent in scale of 9300 – 34800/- + GP 4200/- in East Coast Railway combining all Divisions / Workshops i.e. WAT, KUR & SBP Divisions, ECoR / HQ and MCS workshop against 20% LDCE quota, inviting applications from amongst the serving Ministerial Staff of all departments ( except Accounts and Security Department ).
1. ECoR Office Superintendent Vacancies 2015 : Total vacancies to be filled = 70 ( UR = 52, SC = 10 & ST = 08 ).
2. ECoR Office Superintendent Eligibility Conditions 2015 : All serving regular Ministerial Staff of all departments ( except Accounts and Security department ) with minimum educational qualification of graduation and fulfilling the following conditions will be eligible to volunteer to appear in the aforesaid LDCE :
- Seven years regular service as Junior Clerk in scale PB – 1 ( 5200 – 20200/- ) with GP 1900/- and Senior Clerk in scale PB – 1 ( 5200 – 20200/- ) with GP 2800/- put together as on 28.04.2015. Or
- Three years regular service as Senior Clerk in scale PB – 1 ( 5200 – 20200/- ) with GP 2800/- as on 28.04.2015. Or
- Seven years of regular service in Junior Clerk in scale PB – 1 ( 5200 – 20200/- ) with GP 1900/- and having the qualification of graduation.
3. Mode of ECoR Office Superintendent Selection 2015 :
- The willing staff who satisfy the above prescribed conditions of eligibility will be subjected to a written examination as per the syllabus enclosed. The ECoR Office Superintendent selection will consist of
- Written Examination for 85% marks.
- Record of Service : 15% marks, on the basis of scrutiny of record.
- The volunteering staff, who satisfy the prescribed conditions of eligibility including submission of applications by closing date will be given alert notice to appear the written exam which will be held at short notice. However, the date of written examination shall be notified separately.
- The selection shall be based entirely on merit with reference to marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and service records, subject to usual relaxation for SC / ST staff. Those securing less that 60% marks in aggregate will not be considered eligible for inclusion in the panel. Further, the service records of only those candidates who secure a minimum of 60% marks in the written examination shall be assessed vide RBE No. 102/2005. Syllabus for the same is being enclosed as Annexure ‘A’.
- It may be noted that there is no classification of “Outstanding” in the final panel, the selection being a General Selection based on merit where eligible candidates are being called from different departments / seniority units and the zone of consideration not being confined to three times the number of staff to be empanelled in terms of para 2, 19 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Vol I.
- Candidates must know that, since this is a general selection, there would not be any supplementary selection for non attending candidates.
4. Training of the Successful Candidates : All such persons who are empanelled as Office Superintendent against LDCE quota will be required to undergo 21 days training in the Personnel Training Centre. Such candidates will have to successfully complete the training / course before they are put to working posts. A prescribed examination at the end of the training course will be conducted.
5. ECoR Office Superintendent Applications 2015 in the prescribed proforma are therefore sought from employees fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions, which are to be submitted through proper channel.
6. ECoR Office Superintendent Applications 2015 should be submitted in Annexure ‘B’ format only ( copy enclosed ).
7. Last date for submission of application is 27.05.2015. ECoR Office Superintendent Applications 2015 should be routed by the volunteering employee through their controlling supervisors / officers to the personnel officer in charge of the unit. All the applications should be consolidated and verified by the Senior DPO / DPOs / WPO / SPO ( Con ) / SPO ( RE ) and only valid applications after preliminary scrutiny should be sent in a bunch together with the consolidated statement so as to reach the undersigned latest by 05.06.2015 at 18:15 hrs. positively. ECoR Office Superintendent Applications received after 27.05.2015 should not be entertained by the controlling officers / supervisors. The applications sent directly or in piece meal will not be entertained by the undersigned.
8. Copies of the notice may be placed on the office Notice Boards so that the eligible staff may apply.
9. ECoR Office Superintendent notification may be given wide publicity to avoid any complaints at a later date.
10. The detail notification can also be viewed / downloaded by visiting ECoR Railnet.
NB : Selected candidates may be posted anywhere over ECoRly. i.e HQ / BBS, WAT, SBP & KUR Divisions and MCS workshop according to availability of vacancies.
Syllabus for selection to the post Office Superintendent in PB – 2 ( scale 9300 – 34800/- ) with GP 4200/- against LDCE quota as per RBE No. 102/2005 & EPS31/2007.
1. Office Procedure
- DAK handing.
- Maintenance of Files.
- Record Keeping.
- Maintenance of Statistics.
2. Writing Skill
- Letter / DO writing.
- Note writing.
- Speaking Orders.
3. Award of work in works programme.
4. Procedure of stores procurement.
5. Railway Organizational structure.
6. Railway Housing ( Railway Quarters Allotment ) Policy.
7. Uniform policy.
8. Booking of Running staff and non running travelling staff.
9. Discipline & Appeal rules and conduct rules.
10. Recognition of Trade Union. Facilities to office bearers of recognized union / association. Dealing with Unrecognized Unions / Association.
11. Medical examinations and facilities available to railway employees.
12. Audit and Accounts Narrative report. Draft paras and their disposal.
13. Cannons of financial propriety.
14. Classification of demands of grants.
15. Man power planning.
- Vacancy Bank Register.
- Bench Marking.
- Creation of Posts.
- Supernumerary posts.
- Redeployment of surplus staff.
16. Pay and allowances.
17. Pass Rules.
18. Leave Rules.
19. Railway Pensions Rules.
20. General Conditions of Service.
21. Hours of Employment Regulation.
22. Labour Laws and RTI Acts 2005.