East Coast Railway Recruitment 2015 for Apprentices
East Coast Railway,
Divisional Railway Manager’s Office,
Personnel Branch, Waltair.
Sub : Engagement of Act Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1962 in East Coast Railway, Waltair Division for the year 2015 – 16.
It is proposed to engage 325 ( Three Hundred and Twenty Five ) Act Apprentices with a break-up of UR – 159 ( including 58 Ex. Servicemen ), OBC – 99, SC – 43 and ST – 24 for imparting training in East Coast Railway, WAT Division under Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship rules, 1962 for the year 2015 – 16. The trade-wise break up is as follows :
|S.No.||Trade||No. of Seats||Break up of Vacancies||*including Ex. Service Men & their wards||Minimum Essential Qualification|
|1||Fitter||134||63||42||18||11||26||Passed 10th Class & ITI in Fitter Trade|
|2||Machinist||5||3||1||1||0||0||Passed 10th Class & ITI in Machinist Trade|
|3||Welder ( G&E )||8||5||2||1||0||0||Passed 10th Class & ITI in Welder ( G & E ) Trade|
|4||Electrician||151||75||45||19||12||28||Passed 10th Class & ITI in Electrician Trade|
|5||AC & refrigeration Mechanic||19||9||6||3||1||3||Passed 10th Class & ITI in AC & Ref. Mechanic Trade|
|6||Carpenter||8||4||3||1||0||1||Passed 10th Class & ITT in Carpenter Trade|
NB : Duration of training for Sr. No. 1 to 5 is One year and for Srl. No. 6 is Two years.
Last Date for Submission of East Coast Railway Apprentices Applications 2015 : The applications of the eligible candidates as per the eligibility conditions stated below, properly filled in all respects and with all the requisite enclosures should reach the office of the undersigned on or before 17.00 hours of 12.6.2015. No application will be accepted after the expiry of the last date & time. The Railway Authority shall not take any responsibility for any postal delay.
Who Can Apply for East Coast Railway Apprentices 2015 :
East Coast Railway Apprentices Educational Qualification 2015 :
Candidates having passed 10th Class Examination under 10+2 system of education & ITI in relevant Trades mentioned above fulfilling all the other eligibility conditions mentioned below and who have not undergone Apprenticeship training elsewhere earlier are eligible to apply. The trades mentioned against each stream will only be considered and candidates from other trades or candidates without ITI qualification or those who have already undergone apprenticeship training elsewhere earlier need not apply and if applied, their applications will be summarily rejected,
1. The Ex. Servicemen their children include :
- Children of deceased / disabled Ex. Servicemen including those killed / disabled during peacetime.
- Children of Ex. Servicemen.
- Children of Serving Jawans.
- Children of Serving Officers.
Age Limit for East Coast Railway Apprentices 2015 :
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 13.5.2015. ( Should have born between 13.5.1991 and 13.5.2000 ).
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 03 years in case of OBC candidates.
( in case of SC / ST : Should have born between 13.5.1986 and 13.5.2000 ).
( in case of OBC : Should have born between 13.5.1988 and 13.5.2000 ).
- Ex. Servicemen who have put in not less than 6 months service will be given age relaxation to the extent of period of service plus 03 years subject to upper age limit does not exceed 40 years. For children of Ex. Servicemen and children of armed force personnel the age limit will be as per their respective community.
In case, adequate number of suitable candidates within the trade wise merit list are not available in a particular trade, the vacancies marked for that particular trade(s) shall be filled up in other trade(s) for which candidates are available and such transfer of vacancies shall be made at the discretion of the Competent Authority and the decision of the Competent Authority will be final.
How to Apply for East Coast Railway Apprentices 2015 :
The application in the prescribed proforma annexed to East Coast Railway Apprentices Notification duly filled in neatly in all respects by the eligible candidates in their own handwriting accompanied by all requisite documents will only be accepted. The call letter for appearing before the selection committee for verification of the certificates / testimonials must be filled in the prescribed format by the candidates in their own handwriting and attached with their application with the passport size photograph affixed on the space provided. East Coast Railway Apprentices Applications proforma can also be downloaded from the East Coast Railway website www.eastcoastrail.indianrailwavs.gov.in
The application must be addressed to the Divisional Personnel Officer, Personnel Department, East Coast Railway, DR M’s Office Complex, Dondaparthy, Visakhapatnam – 530 004 (AP) and can be submitted by any of the following means :
- Through the nearest Employment Exchanges.
- Through the drop box placed in the office of the Divisional Personnel Officer. E.Co. Railway, DRM’s Office Complex, Dondaparthy, Visakhapatnam – 530004 (A.P.).
- By ordinary post.
- SC & ST candidates may avail above modes of application or may apply through the Branch Secretary, All India SC & ST Association.
The wards of Railway Employees ( covered under Rly. Pass Rules ) under Establishment / Accounts Control of DRM / VSKP are required to submit a separate declaration from the respective employees in the prescribed proforma.
NB : The applications received through Employment Exchanges and directly as detailed above will be considered at par and no preference will be given to any source of application.
East Coast Railway Apprentices Selection Process 2015 :
The eligible candidates in terms of notification will be selected trade wise in the order of merit on the basis of % age of marks secured in their Matriculation or equivalent examination ( State / Central / CBSE ) with weightage for additional technical qualification as detailed below :
- Percentage of marks in Tenth class at Boards level ( State, Central and CBSE ) / Matriculation Examination ( calculated up to 2 decimals ), plus.
- Weightage of 5% for an additional ITI Qualification.
- Weightage of 7% for Diploma in Engineering Qualification.
- Weightage of 5% in case of Graduation.
NB : No candidate will be given more than one weightage.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of original certificates and selected candidates will be engaged subject to physical fitness in the medical examination in the prescribed medical class to be conducted by the nominated Railway Medical Officer.
Other Conditions for Notice of the Applicants :
1. It is made clear that this administration is not under any obligation to provide job / employment to apprentices in any category. The training is arranged on a fixed stipend, as a part of statutory obligations under Apprentice Act, 1961 and after completion of training the trainees shall be discharged without any notice.
2. Monthly Stipend :
The minimum rate of stipend per month payable to trade apprentices during the training period as under :
During 1st year of training : Severity ( 70% ) percent of minimum wages of Semi-skilled workers notified by the respective State or Union territory.
During 2nd year of training : Eighty ( 80% ) percent of minimum wages of Semi-skilled workers notified by the respective State or Union territory.
During 3rd year of training : Ninety ( 90% ) percent of minimum wages of Semi-skilled workers notified by the respective State or Union territory.
Provided that the period of training already undergone at I.T.I shall be taken into account fort the purpose of determining the rate of stipend payable as well as the period of training to be given at this establishment.
3. East Coast Railway Apprentices Applications other than on the prescribed proforma will not be accepted.
4. Before filling up the application, the candidates are required to carefully go through the instructions contained in this Notification and also on page 5 of this notification. The applications which are found not in order as per the prescribed application proforma enclosed will be summarily rejected without any notice and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
5. All selected candidates are required to execute a Statutory Agreement before their engagement as Trade Apprentice under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and they shall abide by the Rules & Regulations of the said Act & Rules.
6. The Administration reserves the right to modify, amend, reject, repeal or cancel this Notification or any part thereof without assigning any reason thereof and in such matters, the decision of toe Competent Authority will be final.
7. Enlisted candidates will be liable to be dismissed at any stage without notice, if it is found that they have furnished false / wrong information or documents in support of their selection. This may be specifically noted.
8. The selected candidates will be required to attend the nominated Training Centres as per the schedule which will be notified separately. The selected candidates shall have to make their own arrangement for their stay etc., during the period of training.
9. No TA / DA or Passes are admissible for attending this office for verification of certificates / Testimonials.
10. No application form shall be supplied by this office by post / person.
11. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate automatically.