East Coast Railway Recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota 2015
Office of the Chief Personnel Officer,
Odisha – 751 017.
Date of East Coast Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application Issue : 22.08.2015
Closing Date for East Coast Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application : 21.09.2015
Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs
( For residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep : Closing Date : 05.10.2015 Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs. )
ECoR Recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota for the year 2015 – 16
1. Applications are invited from Indian nationals who are active members of Bharat Scouts & Guides for recruitment against Scouts & Guides quota in East Coast Railway for the year 2015 – 16 for the vacancies indicated below :
|Pay Band - 1||Grade Pay||Unit / No. of Vacancies||Total|
|5200 - 20200/-||1900/-||2||-||-||-||2|
2. Candidates fulfilling the following Eligibility Conditions may Apply :
Scouting / Guiding Qualifications : ( Certificates should be of Bharat Scouts & Guides only ).
- Candidate should be a President’s Scout / Guide / Ranger / Rover. Or Himalayan Wood Badge Holder. Or A Pre-HWB trained Scout Leader / Advanced Trained Guide / Leader / Captain and
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts Organization for at least 3 ( Three ) years in the recent past and should continue to be active. ( Certificate of active membership should be signed by DOC, Scouts / Guides and countersigned by District Commissioner, Scouts / Guides of respective Scouts Districts. ) and
- Should have attended at least one event at National level and one or two events at State level Or Should have a good record of participation in Scouts / Guides activities at Unit / District level.
3. Educational Qualification for ECoR Railway against Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 :
For candidates applying against Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200/- Grade Pay 1900/- ( See para – 1 above ) : 12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. ( 50% marks in the aggregate will be required for NTPC categories. 50% marks are not mandatory for SC / ST / Ex-servicemen candidates. ) Pass in Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized Board and having ITI certificate may also apply to be posted as Tech-III.
For candidates applying against Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200/- Grade Pay 1800/- ( See para – 1 above ) : Pass in Matriculation or ITI or its equivalent from a recognized board.
4. Age Limit for ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota as on 01.01.2016 : [ In terms of Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)-II/94/RR-1/29 dated 11.05.2015 ]
For the Posts in Grade Pay 1,900/- : UR : 18 – 29 Years; OBC : 18 – 32 Years; SC / ST : 18 – 34 Years.
For the Posts in Grade Pay 1,800/- : UR : 18 – 32 Years; OBC : 18 – 35 Years; SC / ST : 18 – 37 Years.
5. Selection Procedure for ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota 2015 – Assessment of Eligible Candidates :
|i) Written Test : Consists of 50 objective type questions relating to Scouts and Guides organization and its activities as per syllabus given at para 6 below.||50|
|ii) Personality Test / Interview : From amongst those who secure a minimum of 35% marks in the Written Test, candidates equal to 5 times the number of notified vacancies will be called for Personality Test / Interview.||15|
|iii) Scouts / Guides Qualifications : Over and above the minimum prescribed as eligibility condition.||35|
- Syllabus for Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200/- Grade Pay 1900/- : History of Scouting / Guiding, Law & Promise, Organisation – District & State Level; Training Centre – District & State Level; Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India; Motto left hand shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting Flags; Social services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges, how these are earned?; Stages in Scouting / Guiding. Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air. Organisation at National Level; National Training Centres, WAGGGS / WOSM-Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition; Community Development Programmes; Aims and Methods of Scouting; How scouting is useful in producing better citizens?
- Syllabus for Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200/- Grade Pay 1800/- : History of Scouting / Guiding, Law & Promise, Organization – District & State Level; Training Centre – District & State Level; Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India; Motto left hand shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting Flags; Social services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges, how these are earned?; Stages in Scouting / Guiding. Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air.
7. ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Examination Fee 2015 : The ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota examination fee is non-refundable. UR and OBC male candidates should submit an Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) ( issued after the date of this notification ) with the application for an amount of 100/- as detailed below :
|Candidates applying for posts indicated against unit ( See Para-1 above )||IPO should be drawn in favour of||Payable at|
|ECoR Hqs||FA&CAO, East Coast Railway||Bhubaneswar|
|KUR||Sr. DFM, Khurda Road Division, East Coast Railway||Jatni|
|SBP||Sr.DFM, Sambalpur Division, East Coast Railway||Sambalpur|
|WAT||Sr.DFM, Waltair Division, East Coast Railway||Visakhapatnam|
SC / ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.
Note : Certificate in proof of the above, issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate, should be enclosed along with the application form for getting exempted from paying this fee.
8. Addresses for Submitting ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Applications 2015 : Candidates should send their applications by Post to the address mentioned against each unit below. Candidates intend to apply for a particular unit should send their applications to the respective office address only. ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Applications pertaining to a particular unit received at the address of other units will be summarily rejected. Alternatively, candidates can drop their applications directly in Drop Box placed at the respective office premises.
|Sl. No.||Unit||Whom the Application should be Addressed & sent to|
|1||ECoR Hqs||The Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
2nd Floor, South Block,
PO - Mancheswar,
Odisha - 751 017.
|2||KUR||The Sr.Divisional Personnel Officer,
East Coast Railway,
Khurda Road Division,
Odisha - 752 050.
|3||SBP||The Senior Divisional Personnel Officer,
East Coast Railway,
Odisha - 768 002.
|4||WAT||The Divisional Personnel Officer,
East Coast Railway,
Andhra Pradesh - 530 004.
9. How to Apply for ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Job 2015 :
- Candidates should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice before filling up application form. ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application Form should be made on a good quality white A-4 ( 210×297 mm ) size paper using One Side Only. The candidate should use the same format published in the Employment Notice.
- The candidates has to fill up required information in his / her own handwriting using blue / black ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application filled in any language other than Hindi / English and by any person other than the applicant and having any change in the format of application will lead to rejection of application summarily.
- One recent passport size photograph ( 4cm x 5cm ) should be affixed on the application form without fail. The Photo may preferably be not older than 3 month as on date of applying. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing cap and goggles / coloured glasses. Photo should be new, sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any mark or signature on the front side of the affixed photograph. The photograph should be neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. Photograph should not be attested.
- One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on the backside should be attached along with the application form.
- Candidate should copy the paragraph at Item 21 of the application form in English / Hindi in his / her own running handwriting ( not in capital / spaced out letters ) in the space given below the paragraph.
- Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand not in block capital letter or disjointed letters. Candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provide in the application form.
- While filling up of the application, candidates have to ensure that the signatures and two marks of physical identification ( like a mole on the nose, cut-mark on the fore head in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm etc ) are clearly given without fail. Candidates should also give two left thumb impressions in the application form. If the LTIs are not clear and are smudged, the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows : “Application against Scouts & Guides Quota recruitment for the year 2015 – 16.”
- A candidate should submit only one application for the posts in Grade pay 1,900/- and one application to one of the units mentioned at para 8 above for the posts in Grade pay 1,800/-, as the written exam for the posts in Grade pay 1,800/- will be held simultaneously for all the units.
- ECoR Railway Scouts & Guides Quota Application should reach the address shown at para 8 above on or before the closing date and time mentioned at the top of this notification. Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays. Application received after the last date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should note that only Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / High School Examination Certificates is to be considered.
- Only international numerical like 1, 2, 3 etc should be used.
- Candidate should write his / her name, father’s name / husband’s name in capital letters as given in educational certificate.
- Candidates should indicate Religion, Sex ( Male / Female ), Marital Status, Community ( UR / SC / ST / OBC ), Serving Employee, Serving railway Casual labour / substitutes, judicially separated woman / widow etc. in the relevant column of the application form.
- Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on East Coast Railway after successful completion of all pre-appointment formalities, including training wherever prescribed.
- Before applying for a post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria stipulated for the post. The Railway Administration would be free to reject any application not fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed, such candidate is liable to be summarily removed from service even after appointment.
- Serving Government Employees should send applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office. Further, that while filling up the application, candidates serving in any government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways may give a “Declaration” that they have intimated the fact of their applying for the exam to their office in the event of their selection, they will submit NOC from their employer at the time of Document Verification. In case they fail to submit NOC at the time of Document Verification, their candidature would be cancelled.
- Those candidates who are debarred from appearing in any of the RRB / RRC exams need not apply unless their debarment period is over by the closing date of this Employment Notification. Otherwise, their application shall not be entertained.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of Self – Attested legible xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of educational qualification, age, ST / SC / OBC status etc.
- UR / OBC candidates should enclose application fee as explained at para 7 above without fail.
- Certificate of active Scouts & Guides membership as mentioned at para 2(b) above should be signed by DOC, Scouts / Guides and countersigned by District Commissioner, Scouts / Guides of respective Scouts Districts. This should be taken in column 20 of the Application form given at Annexure II.
- Applicant should fill all 24 columns in the application without fail.
10. Other Terms and Conditions for ECoR Recruitment 2015 :
- Applicant should possess requisite academic and Scouts & Guides qualifications on the date of submission of application.
- The Matric or equivalent board Certificate in proof of minimum educational qualification / date of birth should be the one issued by a recognised Board or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Discrepancies in particulars given in application / certificates submitted with the application would render the candidate ineligible any time during the selection.
- Schedules of Written Test / Personality test / Interview etc. would be notified on East Coast Railway website www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in from time to time. Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for such information.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters to their correspondence address. Change in dates / venue for Written Test / Personality test / Interview etc. shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates may note that the written exam and personality test / interview etc. will be conducted by the zonal headquarter for vacancies notified for Pay Band 1 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/- and for vacancies notified for Pay Band 1 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1800/-, the selection will be conducted by the respective division / unit.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Written Test / interview.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Office Clerks in Pay Band 1 5200 – 20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/- candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and till such time the appointment will be provisional.
- There is no community reservation against Scouts & Guides quota recruitment. SC / ST and OBC candidates seeking age relaxation should submit latest copy of community certificate issued by competent designated officers in the format prescribed for appointments to posts under the Government of India.
- Candidates should continue to serve the Scouts & Guides movement in the event of his / her selection.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong postal delivery of applications or call letters or any other recruitment related correspondence whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
- East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process without assigning reasons thereof. Decision of Chief Personnel Officer of East Coast Railway in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- East Coast Railway will upload the list of eligible and ineligible candidates in the website of East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in for general information and viewing. The applicant should keep track of the written examination date which will be notified through this website. In case applicant does not receive the call letter at least 5 ( five ) days before the notified examination date due to postal delay, the applicant should report to the Assistant Personnel Officer ( Rectt. ) in person for duplicate call letter two days before the exam date. Duplicate call letter will be issued on production of original photo Identity Card like Adhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. No other intimation of rejection, other than uploading the list in the above mentioned website, would be communicated to ineligible candidates. It is further advised to the candidates applying for the posts having Grade Pay 1800/- against the Divisional vacancies to visit the respective Divisional websites for examination details.
- The recruitment process is purely based on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
11. For any legal disputes, the jurisdiction will be the Central Administrative Tribunal, Cuttack.
12. Caution : Recruitment is purely merit based. East Coast Railway have not appointed any agents or coaching centres for acting on its behalf for this recruitment. Candidates are cautioned against any false claims made by any unscrupulous persons / agencies of getting them selected in this recruitment on illegal consideration. If you come across any such persons / agencies, please do inform Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell, Personnel Department, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, PO – Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017. They can also inform the Sr.DGM cum Chief Vigilance Officer, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017.