East Coast Railway Recruitment against Cultural Quota 2015
East Coast Railway,
Office of the Chief Personnel Officer,
Odisha – 751 017.
ECoR Railway Cultural Quota Application Issue Date : 22.08.2015.
Closing Date for ECoR Railway Cultural Quota Application Form : 21.09.2015 Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs.
( For residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep : Closing Date for ECoR Railway Cultural Quota Application Form : 05.10.2015 Closing Time : 17.00 Hrs. )
ECoR Recruitment against Cultural Quota for the year 2015 – 16
1. East Coast Railway applications are invited from Indian nationals for recruitment against two Cultural quota vacancies in Group-C in Pay Band – 1, 5200 – 20200 ( Grade pay 1900/- ) in East Coast Railway for the year 2015 – 16. Candidates fulfilling the following eligibility conditions may apply :
2. ECoR Cultural Disciplines 2015 :
- Light Classical Vocal Music ( Male ) – One Post.
- Light Classical Vocal Music ( Female ) – One Post.
3. ECoR Professional Cultural Qualifications 2015 :
Essential Qualifications for ECoR Professional Cultural :
Possession of Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Vocal Music from Government recognized institute.
Desirable Qualifications for ECoR Cultural Professional :
- Experience in Light classical vocal music and performance given on AIR / Doordarshan.
- Prizes won at National level.
4. Educational Qualification for ECoR Cultural Quota : 12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. ( 50% marks in the aggregate will be required for NTPC categories. 50% marks are not required for SC / ST / Ex-servicemen candidates. ). Pass in Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized Board and having ITI certificate may also apply to be posted as Tech – III.
5. Age Limit for ECoR Cultural Quota as on 01.01.2016 : [ In terms of Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)-II/94/RR-1/29 dated 11.05.2015 ]
UR : 18 – 29 Years.
OBC : 18 – 32 Years.
SC / ST : 18 – 34 Years.
6. Selection Procedure for ECoR Cultural Quota 2015 : Eligibility of the candidates will be assessed on the following basis :
|i) Written Test : Consists of 50 objective type questions relating to General Knowledge, Arithmetic and Reasoning.||50|
|ii) Assessment of talent in the relevant cultural discipline on the basis of Practical Demonstration to be adjudged by a duly constituted committee.||35|
|iii) Assessment of talent in the relevant cultural discipline on the basis of Testimonials / Prizes etc to be adjudged by a duly constituted committee, same as in (ii).||15|
Important Note for ECoR Cultural Quota 2015 :
- Questions for written test will be of objective type multiple choice. Answers are to be marked on OMR answer sheets.
- From amongst those who secure a minimum of 35% marks in the Written Test, candidates equal to 5 times the number of notified vacancies will be called, purely in the order of merit based on written test marks, for attending performance / practical demonstration stage of recruitment and assessment of Testimonials / Prizes etc.
- Practical Demonstration as at (ii) above on performing light classical vocal music will be held for post of Light classical vocal music ( male ) and Light classical vocal music ( female ).
7. ECoR Cultural Quota Examination Fee 2015 :
The ECoR Cultural Quota examination fee is non-refundable. UR and OBC candidates should submit with the application a Crossed Indian Postal Order ( issued after the date of this notification ) for an amount of 100/- drawn in favour of FA& CAO, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar. SC / ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.
Note : Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed along with the application form for getting exempted from paying this fee.
8. Address for sending ECoR Cultural Quota 2015 Application by Post / Drop Box
Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
2nd Floor, South Block Rail Sadan,
Odisha – 751 017.
9. How to Apply for ECoR Recruitment against Cultural Quota 2015 :
- Candidates should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice before filling up application form. Application Form should be made on a good quality white A-4 ( 210×297 mm ) size paper using One Side Only. The candidate should use the same format published in the Employment Notice.
- The candidates have to fill up required information in his / her own handwriting using blue / black ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. Application filled in any language other than Hindi / English and by any person other than the applicant and having any change in the format of application will lead to rejection of application summarily.
- One recent passport size photograph ( 4cm x 5cm ) should be affixed on the application form without fail. The Photo may preferably be not older than 3 month as on date of applying. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing cap and goggles / coloured glasses. Photo should be new, sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any mark or signature on the front side of the affixed photograph. The photograph should be neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. Photograph should not be attested.
- One loose extra photograph with name, date of birth, and signature of the candidate written on the backside should be attached along with the application form.
- Candidate should copy the paragraph at Item – 20 of the application form in English / Hindi in his / her own running handwriting ( not in capital / spaced out letters ) in the space given below the paragraph.
- Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand not in block capital letter or disjointed letters. Candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provide in the application form.
- While filling up of the application, candidates have to ensure that the signatures and two marks of physical identification ( like a mole on the nose, cut-mark on the fore head in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm etc ) are clearly given without fail. Candidates should also give two left thumb impressions in the application form. If the LTIs are not clear and are smudged, the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows : “Application against Cultural Quota recruitment for the year 2015-16.”
- Applicant should clearly indicate one of the cultural disciplines notified as at Para-2 of the notification. Applications without indicating this cultural discipline will be rejected.
- Application should reach the address shown at para-8 above on or before the closing date and time mentioned at the top of this notification. Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays. ECoR Railway Cultural Quota Application received after the last date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should note that only Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / High School Examination Certificates is to be considered.
- Only international numerical like 1, 2, 3 etc should be used.
- Candidate should write his / her name, father’s name / husband’s name in capital letters as given in educational Certificate.
- Candidates should indicate Religion, Sex ( Male / Female ), Marital Status, Community ( UR / SC / ST / OBC ), Serving Employee, Serving railway Casual labour / substitutes, judicially separated woman / widow etc. in the relevant column of the application form.
- Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on East Coast Railway after successful completion of all pre-appointment formalities, including training wherever prescribed.
- Before applying for a post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria stipulated for the post. The Railway Administration would be free to reject any application not fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed, such candidate is liable to be summarily removed from service even after appointment.
- Serving Government Employees should send applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office. Further, that while filling up the application, candidates serving in any government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways may give a “Declaration” that they have intimated the fact of their applying for the exam to their office in the event of their selection, they will submit NOC from their employer at the time of Document Verification. In case they fail to submit NOC at the time of Document Verification, their candidature would be cancelled.
- Those candidates who are debarred from appearing in any of the RRB / RRC exams need not apply unless their debarment period is over by the closing date of this Employment Notification. Otherwise, their application shall not be entertained.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of Self-Attested legible xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of educational qualification, age, ST / SC / OBC status etc.
- UR / OBC candidates should enclose application fee as explained at para-7 above without fail.
- Applicant should fill all 23 columns in the application without fail.
10. Other Terms and Conditions for ECoR Railway Recruitment 2015 :
- Applicant should possess requisite educational and cultural qualifications on the date of submission of application.
- (a) The Matric or equivalent board Certificate in proof of minimum educational qualification / date of birth should be those issued by a recognized Board or equivalent recognized institution.
(b) The Degree / Diploma / Certificate in the relevant cultural discipline notified under Para-3 above should be those issued by Govt. recognized institute.
- Discrepancies in details / certificates submitted with the application may render the candidate ineligible at any time during the selection.
- Date of Written Test / Practical Demonstration will be notified on East Coast Railway website www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in. Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for such information.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters to their correspondence address. Change in dates / venue for written test, practical demonstration, certificate verification etc. shall not be entertained under any circumstances. If any candidate whose name figures in eligible list on the website does not receive call letter at least 5 days before the date of written exam, the candidate should collect duplicate call letter from the office of Chief Personnel Officer, East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar two days before the exam date.
- After the Written Exam, candidates who are called for Practical Demonstration have to make their own arrangements for costumes, instruments, assisting persons etc. as may be required.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Written Test / Practical Demonstration.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Office Clerks in Group-C, candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and till such time appointment will be provisional.
- There is no community reservation against Cultural quota recruitment. SC / ST and OBC candidates seeking age relaxation should submit latest copy of community certificate issued by competent designated officers in the format prescribed for appointments to posts under the Government of India.
- Candidate should continue to participate in cultural functions / events of Railways in the event of his / her selection.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong postal delivery of applications or call letters or any other recruitment related correspondence whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
- East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process without assigning reasons thereof. Decision of Chief Personnel Officer of East Coast Railway in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- East Coast Railway will upload the list of eligible and ineligible candidates in the website of East Coast Railway website address www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in for general information and viewing. The applicant should keep track of the written examination date which will be notified through this website. In case applicant does not receive the call letter at least 5 ( five ) days before the notified examination date due to postal delay, the applicant should report to the Assistant Personnel Officer ( Rectt. ) in person for duplicate call letter two days before the exam date. Duplicate call letter will be issued on production of original photo Identity Card like Adhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. No other intimation of rejection, other than uploading the list in the above mentioned website, would be communicated to ineligible candidates.
- The recruitment process is purely based on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
11. For any legal disputes the jurisdiction will be Central Administrative Tribunal, Cuttack.
12. Caution : Recruitment is purely merit based. East Coast Railway have not appointed any agents or coaching centres for acting on its behalf for this recruitment. Candidates are cautioned against any false claims made by any unscrupulous persons / agencies of getting them selected in this recruitment on illegal consideration. If you come across any such persons / agencies, please do inform Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell, Personnel Department, 2nd Floor, South Block, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, PO – Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017. They can also inform the Sr.DGM cum Chief Vigilance Officer, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 017.