East Central Railway Recruitment 2015 for Staff & Welfare Inspector
East Central Railway,
Office of the General Manager ( P ),
Sub : Filling up the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector in Pay Band – II, 9300 – 34800 + 4200/- GP against 35% quota from all departments – Total Vacancy 11 ( UR – 06, SC – 03, ST – 02 ).
Applications are invited for the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector in pay band – II, 9300 – 34800 + 4200/- GP against 35% quota from all departments for vacancies 11 ( UR – 06, SC – 03, ST – 02 ) of East Central Railway.
As per Railway Boards letter no. E(NG) I – 2002 / PM4 / 1dt 12.07.2002, eligibility criteria for submitting application for the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector ( SWI ) are as under :
1. ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector Eligibility Criteria 2015 :
The following staff will be considered eligible to volunteer for appearing in the selection for promotion to the post of Staff & Welfare Inspector in the PB – 2, 9300 – 34800 + 4200/- GP. The date of notification will be counted as cut of date for eligibility.
- Group C staff in possession of any of the following qualifications irrespective of the grade or length of service or other educational qualifications :
- Diploma in Labour Welfare / Social Welfare,
- Diploma in Labour laws,
- LLB with paper(s) in Labour Laws,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management awarded by an institution recognised by the government of India; and
- MBA with paper(s) in personnel management awarded by an institution recognised by the government of India.
Provided that staff working in grade 9300 – 34800 + 4200/- GP or above on regular basis will not be eligible to appear in the aforesaid selection.
Provided further that eligibility of staff in possession of qualification, as mentioned above will also be subject to the condition that they have successfully completed the probation in the respective grade.
- Erstwhile Group D staff of GP – 1800/- who have completed at least 07 years service in Group D on the date of notification and are in possession of any of the qualifications mentioned in 1 above.
- Staff in the grades next below the grade of Staff & Welfare Inspector i.e. those in grades 5200 – 20200 + 2800/- GP and 5200 – 20200 + 2400/- GP with 05 years service in the respective grade as on date of notification in case the higher grade does not fall in the normal line of advancement otherwise 05 years together in these grades.
- Staff in the grades 5200 – 20200 + 2800/- GP and 5200 – 20200 + 2400/- GP who are Graduates irrespective of the length of service in these grades provided the staff concerned have successfully completed the probation in the respective grades.
- Staff in grades lower than the grade next below the grade of Staff & Welfare Inspector i.e. those in grades 5200 – 20200 + 2000/- GP and 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- GP who are Graduate and who have completed not less than 07 years service on the date of notification in the respective grade in case the higher grade does not fall in the normal line of advancement, otherwise, 07 years service as on the date of notification together in these grades.
- Those employees who have came on transfer to ECR on bottom seniority their length of service should be counted in terms of RBE-34/2006.
2. Procedure for Holding Selection and Empanelment
All staff who satisfy the conditions prescribed above would be subjected to a selection which will consist of a written test in terms of RBE-161/2009 and panel will be prepared purely on the basis of merit and as per procedure prescribed in para 219(j) of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Vol.I.
In terms of RBE-123/2006 the written test will be consist of 50 marks out of which the questions equivalent of 50% ( within the range of 45% to 55% ) will be of objective type. The type of objective questions will be in the form of multiple choice, ‘filling of the blanks’, ‘tick’, ‘true’ and ‘false’, ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, ‘match the following’ and may include questions requiring one words / line answer, “yes” or “no”, naming etc.
There is no provision to later / cutting / over writing in the answers of the objective type question.
3. Last Date of Submission of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector Application 2015 :
- The Controlling Officer should give wide publicity of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector notification amongst the eligible staff under their control and ensure submission of applications by the candidates in the prescribed format ( specimen copy enclosed as Annexure – A ) inclosing the documents in support of their educational qualification and eligibility within the stipulated time mentioned below.
- The Sr.DPO’s / Personnel Branch Officers of the divisions / units are also requested to ensure wide publicity of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector notification by deputing SWIs / Sectional SWIs to their jurisdiction who will arrange to paste the notification on main Stations / AEN offices and Other subordinate offices and encourage the eligible employees to apply for the said post.
- The last date of submission of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector application by the eligible employees duly countersigned by their Controlling Officer to the concerned Personnel Branch Officer is 24.02.2015. The filled up applications with supporting documents should be scrutinised properly by the associate Personnel Branch with the service records to avoid any factual errors and future complications. The applications should also be countersigned by concerned Personnel Branch Officer with Seal.
- All the applications with enclosures received by the Personnel Branch Officers through Controlling Officers should be sent in bunch so that to reach SPO( M & E ) / ECR / Hajipur on or before 02.03.2015 positively. The ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector applications forwarded after the last date will not be entertained under any circumstances. It may please be noted that applications other than in prescribed proforma or without signature of the Controlling Officers and duly checked and countersignature of Personnel Officers will not be entertained.
- In case, service particulars furnished by the applicants / certified to be in order by the concerned authority are found incorrect / false subsequently, the candidature of the staff will be liable to be cancelled at any stage during and even after the completion of selection process.
4. Date of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector Written Examination and Venue 2015 :
- Date of ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector written examination : 20.03.2015.
- Time of Reporting : 10:30 hrs.
- Venue : Head Quarter / ECR / Hajipur.
It may please be noted that ECR Staff & Welfare Inspector notification should be treated as notice in advance for written examination.
5. Syllabus for the Post of State & Welfare Inspector ( PB 9300 – 34800, GP 4200 )
- Condition of Service, execution of service agreement, Recording of date of birth change in name.
- Service records if non gazetted staff, preparation of folders & service book etc.
- Leave rules, maintenance of leave account.
- Fixation of Pay.
- Preparation of salary bills, TA and actual expenses.
- Payment from station earnings.
- Imprest cash account.
- Calculation of income tax.
- Advances & Allowances.
- PF and special contribution of PF rules. Preparation of PF papers & applications for special contribution to PF.
- Pass rules.
- Railways Servants conduct rules.
- Discipline and Appeal rules.
- Railway Pension rules.
- Preparation of settlement papers, expeditious payment of settlement dues & NPS.
- Staff Benefits fund rules – Holiday Home, Mahila Samiti, Canteen Co-operative & Institute Welfare Camp and Reimbursement of tuition fees, Supply of uniforms.
- Educational assistance rules.
- Delegation of powers in establishment matters.
- Dealing with grievances.
- Industrial Relations Machineries.
- Minimum wages act 1948.
- Payment of wages act 1936.
- Industrial Dispute act 1947.
- Workmen Compensation act 1923 and preparation of compensation papers.
- Factories act 1948.
- House of Employment Regulation, calculation of over time.
- Casual labour and substitutes.
- Role of welfare Inspector.
- Raj Bhasha rules.
- A general idea of the evaluation of the pay structure and other service condition of govt. servant and the reports of the various committee and commissions connected there with.
- Lump sum Ex.gratia payment.
6. The controlling / authorised officer should ensure the issued of individual sparing letters duly attesting specimen signature of the candidate on the sparing letter. The candidates without proper sparing letter will not be allowed to appear in the examination.