East Central Railway Recruitment 2016 for Cultural Quota
East Central Railway Applications are invited for the 02 Group ‘C’ posts.
ECR Cultural Quota Pay Band 2016 : ( 5200-20200 ) with Grade Pay ( 1900/2000 ) against Cultural Quota for Headquarter of East Central Railway, Hajipur.
1. ECR Cultural Quota Post for Singer (Male/Female) 2016 : 01
2. ECR Cultural Quota Post for Instrument Player (other than Tabla) : 01
ECR Cultural Quota Qualification 2016 :
- 12th Pass with 50% marks from recognized board and its equivalent or Higher Education.
- Possession of degree/diploma/certificate in concerned discipline from Government recognized Institute.
Desirable Qualification for East Central Railway Cultural Quota 2016 :
- Experience in the field and performance given on Air/Doordarshan etc.
- Prizes won at National Level.
ECR Cultural Quota Age Limit 2016 :
18 to 29 years (Age will reckoned on 1st January, 2017) [Upper Age Relaxation of 05 years for SC/ST candidates, 03 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for Physically Challenged Person.]
Examination Fees for East Central Railway Cultural Quota 2016 :
The Examination Fee detailed below to be paid through Indian Postal Order. Date of issue of Indian Postal Order should not before the date of issue of this notification.
- For all candidates [except SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Persons with Disability (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward classes.] Examination Fees 500/-
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Persons with 40% or above Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward classes. Examination Fees 250/- Refund of the same amount will be made to those candidate mentioned below, who actually appear in the written examination.
Economically Backward Class candidates means whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum. They have to produce income certificate in the prescribed format. Indian Postal Order should be pledged in favor of ‘FA & CAO, East Central Railway’ and payable at Hajipur.
How to Apply for ECR Cultural Quota 2016 :
- The format should be neatly typed or handwritten either in Hindi or in English with one recent passport size photograph duly signed to be pasted on the application form.
- Candidates should send the application to
General Manager (Personnel),
E.C.Railway Headquarter Office,
District – Vaishali,
Pin – 844 101.
by ordinary post so as to reach on/before 29th August, 2016. The candidate may drop the application in the drop box provided for the purpose in the above office up to 18.00 Hrs. on/before the last date. No Acknowledgement of the application will be given. Neither application will be accepted after the closing date in any circumstance, nor enclosure will be received separately after the receipt of application for attachment with application
- The envelope containing the East Central Railway Culture Quota application with all enclosures should clearly be indicated “Application against Cultural Quota”, “Employment Notice No.” and “Grade Pay” on the top of the envelope.
Procedure for ECR Cultural Quota Recruitment 2016 :
Selection will be conducted through written test and assessment of talent in the relevant field on the basis of Practical Demonstration and testimonials/Prizes etc.
|Sl. No.||Particulars of Test||Maximum Allotted Marks|
( In Written Test, 50 questions will be objective type ( with four options ) which may include General Knowledge, General Science, General Mathematics, Knowledge of General English & Hindi Language, Professional Knowledge and Reasoning Aptitude etc.)
|2.||Practical Demonstration||35 Marks|
|3.||Testimonial / Prizes||15 Marks ( distributed as under )|
|a.||National level ( One event - 05 marks, Two or more events - 07 marks )||07 marks|
|b.||State level ( One event - 04 marks, Two or more events - 05 marks||05 marks|
|c.||Others ( One event - 02 marks, Two or more events - 03 marks )||03 marks|
Minimum Qualifying Marks for East Central Railway Cultural Quota Exam 2016 :
- In written test, the candidate who will obtain at least 40% marks out of 50, will be eligible for next stage of test i.e. Practical Demonstration & evaluation of Testimonial/Prizes.
- The number of candidates to be called for next stage of test will be equal to 05 times of the number of vacancy of each stream. If more than one candidate will obtain the minimum cut off mark, all such candidates will be called for next stage of test.
- 40% marks in aggregate (100 marks) will be minimum qualifying mark for empanelment. The panel will be formed purely on merit basis.
The mode of selection, date, venue and time will be intimated to the eligible candidate by post and will be posted subsequently on official website www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in. The decision of East Central Railway in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, allotment of venues will be final and binding on the candidates. No inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
Subsequent guidelines received from Railway Board shall also be applicable for this notification. For any legal action arising out of the above jurisdiction shall be High Court/Patna.
ECR Cultural Quota Application Closing Date 2016 : 29th August, 2016.
Closing Date for applicants of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, J&K, Andman & Nikobar & Lakshdweep islands, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi sub division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh and candidates residing abroad : 12th September, 2016.