East Central Railway Recruitment 2016 for Constables in RPF / RPSF
Date of RPF ECR Constable Form Publication : 12.03.2016
Date of RPF ECR Constable Form Closing : 11.04.2016
East Central Railway Applications are invited from eligible Male / Female candidates for filling up the posts of Constable ( Band ) in Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force. Details are given below :
i. An OMR sheet based RPF ECR Constable written examination 2016 will be conducted for all those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny of applications.
1. Number of RPF ECR Constable Vacancies 2016 as per Community Break Up :
|Flute / Piccolo||14|
|Tenor / Slide Trombone||20|
|Brass Slide Trumpet||24|
|Side Drum / Snare||19|
The above posts are meant for all Indian Railways of Railway Protection Force ( Band ) and Railway Protection Special Force ( Band ).
Each candidate may send only one application.
- 10% of RPF ECR Constable vacancies are reserved for Ex-service men and it does not include retired / discharged personnel of Central Armed Police Forces. Age may be relaxed beyond upper limit by 3 years for UR, 6 years for OBC and 8 years for SC / ST after deduction of military service rendered ( minimum of 6 months after attestation ) from actual age as on the date of reckoning. In case sufficient eligible candidates are not found in Ex-Service men category for appointment, then the unfilled vacancies will be filled up from candidates of respective category on the basis of merit.
- RPF ECR Constable Vacancies are provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending upon the requirement of the Railway Administration. The administration also reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment as well as the notified vacancies at its discretion at any time and such decision will be binding on all concerned.
- These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence the same has been exempted from the purview of section 33 and 47 of the persons with Disabilities [ Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ] act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The selected candidates will be liable to serve anywhere in India in Railway Protection Force or Railway Protection Special Force.
2. RPF ECR Constable Pay Scale 2016 : Pay Band of 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2,000/- plus usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees from time to time.
3. Ineligibility : No person who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or who, having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment in RPF / RPSF.
4. RPF ECR Constable Eligibility 2016 :
- Citizenship : Must be a citizen of India.
- RPF ECR Constable Educational Qualification 2016 : Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / University. Educational certificate other than State Board / Central Board should be accompanied with Government of India notification declaring that such qualifications is equivalent to Matriculation / 10th pass for services under Central Government. Candidates must possess the requisite qualification before the last date of submission of application.
- Age Limit for RPF ECR Constable 2016 : The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 01.07.2016. The Candidate must be born between 02.07.1991 and 01.07.1998 ( both dates inclusive ). Date of Birth mentioned in the Matriculation / High School Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of application will only be accepted.
- Candidates must have an experience of not less than 02 years in specified musical instrument. Ex. Servicemen holding certificate of Military music shall be permitted.
- Relaxation in Age :
Category Age relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit SC / ST 05 years OBC 03 years Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 ( Unreserved ) UR - 05 Years
OBC - 08 Years
SC / ST - 10 Years
Widows, divorced women and the women judicially separated from husband but not remarried UR - 02 Years
OBC - 05 Years
SC / ST - 07 Years
- RPF ECR Constable Physical Measurement 2016 : An applicant must have the following physical standards :
Category Height ( in cms ) Male Chest ( in cms ) Male Female Unexpanded Expanded UR / OBC 165 157 80 85 SC / ST 160 152 76.2 81.2 For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other categories specified by Govt.** 163 155 80 85
5. Method of RPF ECR Constable Recruitment 2016 : RPF ECR Constable Recruitment will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, document verification and awarding of bonus marks on the basis of NCC / sports certificates and Height.
A. RPF ECR Constable Written Test 2016
- RPF ECR Constable Written examination will be conducted for those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny. The RPF ECR Constable written exam will be on OMR based Answer Sheets which will comprise of 60 multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. The test will be of 45 minutes duration. The RPF ECR Constable question paper shall be of matriculation standard. The question paper will consist of 20 questions on General Awareness, 20 questions on Arithmetic and 20 questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning. Candidates will be required to answer all questions and will be awarded 01 [one] mark for each correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No mark will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- For the convenience to conduct the examination in different Indian languages, specific centres will be earmarked for the examination in specific languages other than Hindi, English and Urdu ( in which examination papers will be available at all centres ). Candidates who opt for a particular language will be allocated a Centre in one of the States mentioned against that language in the table given below :
Group States & Union Territories where centres may be located Language options offered 1 Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, A&N Islands, Lakshadweep, Puducherry Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada 2 Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati 3 Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri 4 Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi
b. RPF ECR Constable Question paper will be set in Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi. Applicants who wish to write the exam in a particular language may indicate so in the application form. Language, once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstances.
c. Keeping in mind the provision for negative marking in the written examination, it will be necessary to obtain 21 marks for UR / OBC ( 18 marks for SC and ST candidates ) out of 60 marks to qualify in the written test.
- The RPF ECR Constable call letters 2016 will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelopes submitted by the candidates along with the application form.
B. Physical Efficiency Test [ PET ], Physical Measurement Test [ PMT ] & Document Verification
- Only those candidates who qualify in the RPF ECR Constable written examination will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the number of vacancies in each category. The RPF ECR Constable call letters will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelopes submitted by the candidates along with the application form. The candidates shall be allowed to appear in the PET / PMT on production of original call letters only.
- The PET will consist of three events mentioned in the table below. A candidate has to qualify in all the events to be declared qualified in PET. All the events are compulsory to qualify. However, no marks will be awarded for any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is specified as under.
Event Male Female Number of Chances 800 meters 03 min 40 sec 03 min 40 sec One Long Jump 09 feet 09 feet Two High Jump 03 feet 03 feet Two
- 800 meters run will be held first and only those candidates who qualify in this event will further take part in the remaining events of the PET. The candidates who qualify in PET will be measured for eligibility with respect to height. Candidates, who fail in any of the events of the PET or in PMT, will be declared “failed”.
- i. Document verification shall be done to all PET and PMT qualified candidates just after PET / PMT.ii. The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC / ST / OBC status wherever applicable [ on the format prescribed in the advertisement ], domicile certificate and any other document related to extra curricular activities [ including NCC ], Experience certificate at the time of Document Verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later day will not be entertained under any circumstances except in cases where the caste certificate has been produced in a format other than prescribed or where any certificate is claimed to have been lost / stolen ( claim supported by FIR ), in which case the candidate will be allowed a time extension of four(4) weeks. Failure to produce the documents shall lead to disqualification of the candidate. The appearance of the candidate for document verification will be compulsory. Those who do not appear at the document verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in the written examination and PET.
6. RPF ECR Constable Trade Test 2016 :
- RPF ECR Constable Trade test 2016, will be conducted out of 40 marks, will be the principal determinant for selection and candidates must score 16 marks for UR / OBC ( 14 marks for SC / ST candidates ) out of 40 marks to qualify for further stages of the RPF ECR Constable selection process.
- Candidates will bring their own instruments for the Trade test.
- All candidates will be tested by the Expert in the committee on their instrument.
7. RPF ECR Constable Medical Examination 2016 :
The candidates who appear in RPF ECR Constable Trade Test will be sent for a medical examination at the Railway Hospitals. They have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1′ as prescribed in Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment. Sending for Medical Examination will not guarantee employment and does not reflect that the candidate has been included in the select list.
8. RPF ECR Constable Training 2016 :
On final selection candidates will have to undergo an initial training in any one of the RPF / RPSF training centre or any other such institution as decided by the Railway Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of Training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is compulsory.
9. RPF ECR Constable Examination Fee 2016 : An RPF ECR Constable application fee of 50/- ( non – refundable ) will be collected in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft payable in favour of Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer, East Central Railway, Hajipur. However, no fee will be charged from candidates belong to SC / ST categories, Female and Ex. Servicemen.
10. RPF ECR Constable How to Apply 2016 :
1. Instruction for filling up the RPF ECR Constable applications by candidates
- The format of the RPF ECR Constable application form is given in Annexure A. Application form can be downloaded from the official website of Indian Railways ( www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in) or taken from the employment news or from this advertisement and submitted on A-4 size bond paper, using one side only and sent to the following address :IG-Chief Security Commissioner,
East Central Railway,
Pin Code – 844 101,
- The words, “Application for the post of Constable ( Band ) in RPF including RPSF” shall be super scribed on the envelope containing the application.
- Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft of 50/- as application fee.
- The exact date, time, place and venue for the tests will be intimated to the candidates through Call Letters.
- Applications should be sent through ordinary post only. No application will be received by hand or by registered post or through private courier service.
- RPF ECR Constable Applications should be filled by the candidates in their own handwriting, in Hindi or English only. Left and Right Hand thumb impressions shall be affixed in the boxes given at the bottom of the application. Applications signed in capital letters / spaced out letters will be treated as invalid. Applications with correction or overwriting or smudged thumb impression may be rejected.
- The colour photograph of size 4.5 cms x 3.5 cms ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses shall be pasted at appropriate location. Two passport size photographs should be enclosed with the application form.
11. Travel Authority for SC / ST Candidates :
All SC / ST candidates who applied through online mode should upload their caste certificate ( As per Annexure ‘B’ ) issued by the competent authority. For SC / ST candidates who applied through offline mode, copy of self attested SC / ST community certificate in the prescribed format given at Annexure ‘B’ should be enclosed along with application form. A free travel authority will be sent to them by post. At the time of obtaining reservation to avail facility of free travel, the Reservation Clerk and or Ticket Checking Staff will ask for the original SC / ST certificate for verification of genuineness of the candidate. Railway will not be held liable if the travel authority does not reach the concerned candidate in time due to postal or other delays.
Last date of receipt of RPF ECR Constable offline application shall be 11.04.2016. Any application received after 11.04.2016 will be treated as time barred and summarily rejected. However, for candidates living in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir,Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, the last date of receipt of application shall be 18.04.2016.
12. Call letters for RPF ECR Constable written examination / PET & PMT / Trade Test / Document verification to the candidates.
- RPF ECR Constable Call letters will be sent to the eligible candidates for Written examination / PET & PMT / Trade Test by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form. Free travel authority ( for written examination / PET / PMT / Trade test / Document verification ) will be sent to candidates by post well in advance of the examination. Call letters for document verification shall be sent to eligible candidates by post well in advance of the document verification.
- Candidates can verify their eligibility from the website.
- Candidates must bring the original Call letter along with a valid photo ID of one of the following documents ( viz. Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Identity Card issued by the employer in case the candidate is Govt. employee, School / College / University Photo ID card etc. ) in original into the examination hall, failing which candidates shall not be allowed to appear for the written examination.
- Candidates must also bring two colour photographs ( of size 4.5 cm X 3.5.cms ), with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses, for appearing in the written examination.
- Recruitment Committee will not entertain any request for any change in examination centre allotted to provisionally eligible candidate(s).